vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Mine is still ticking and it still works.
Are we the only two owners who hear a ticking noise when the unit is heating?

Still havent decided which will be my spare vape. I would like to try the firefly but its too expensive. Initially I was going for the desktop Arizer extreme Q but after reading some reviews saying it takes too long to heat up i scratched the EQ off the list.
Next I started to look for the Herbalaire 2.2 but it needs a decent load to produce good vapor, which, for someone who never uses the full bowl of the AA, isnt an option.
Right now im thinking of an extra Air, or a Solo but the Air would probably be better for the spare parts. Its hard to choose a vaporizer nowadays.lol

Yep, mine does it too. No prob tho.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Ok... HA 2.2 back in first place.lol
It seems that those who defend the Extreme Q critice the HA by saying that the teflon will afect the taste and could be a health hazard. Can we compare the vapor quality on the Air with the HA?

I really like the vapor taste in the AA and it would be great if my second vape could match that. Of course I would love to have a volcano but I cant afford that so lets focus on the HA. (AA + HA = not enough for a classic volcano). Lol

As an EQ owner I love my unit YMMV. The only issue I have is it makes me greedy because it is so efficient at extracting. I do .1 in a single rip through the EQ but that is a 10 minute session in the Air sippin :nod:. I also agree with @OF on getting a different vape to mix it up & if you got an EQ or HA 2.2 I am sure you will be happy. One thing to note is the EQ uses standard 18mm fittings so you have a lot of options if you want to experiment.

TomC1315

I'm really enjoying having a third stem and six of the Arizer stem caps ... looking forward to adding a fourth stem pretty soon.

The Air kicks ass with a proper (loose) pack and warm up.

Carol's right about bags and a lack of any kind of enjoyable taste ... nevertheless, when time and circumstances allow (and I really enjoy the Air :-), I love the cool, predictable, effortless delivery from a bag.

Three nice hits into a .1g balloon ...

1wyNjuTl.jpg

dTjqr0tl.jpg

dMOMpozl.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Got a parcel in the post today & it contained my new Ed's stem among other bits n bobs :rockon:. Outside an external charger & batteries this is the optional extra all Air owners should purchase as it can also be used as a WonG. I have only had a couple of stems but it just feels "right" :2c:. It also looks right as it suits the titanium colour of the Air.

I am also really liking the way the S/S chamber retains heat as it is enabling me to get through a load at least 20% quicker. I have now had 5 stems & these stems fucking rip :)

Last edited:

OF

I am also really liking the way the S/S chamber retains heat as it is enabling me to get through a load at least 20% quicker. I have now had 5 stems & these stems fucking rip :)

Gotta agree, great product and different than stock in many ways.

But didn't you mean to say '.....the S/S chamber conducts heat...'? Glass will actually retain heat better/longer than SS. I also notice that the herb on the sides and deeper in the bowl vapes quicker, still not as fast as that on the mouth, facing the hot cup directly, but faster/better than the glass ones?

I do find I have to 'kick it up a notch' heat wise, which makes sense considering?

Sooner or later serious owners deserve one of Ed's excellent stems to check out. My favorite is the Bog Oak. I was watching a program about Joshua and the battle of Jericho and broke it out. Fun thinking that tree had been dead and submerged in some bog almost 20 centuries before that..... That wood, right there, sitting atop my vape. For my enjoyment. How cool is that?

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Gotta agree, great product and different than stock in many ways.

But didn't you mean to say '.....the S/S chamber conducts heat...'? Glass will actually retain heat better/longer than SS. I also notice that the herb on the sides and deeper in the bowl vapes quicker, still not as fast as that on the mouth, facing the hot cup directly, but faster/better than the glass ones?

I do find I have to 'kick it up a notch' heat wise, which makes sense considering?

Sooner or later serious owners deserve one of Ed's excellent stems to check out. My favorite is the Bog Oak. I was watching a program about Joshua and the battle of Jericho and broke it out. Fun thinking that tree had been dead and submerged in some bog almost 20 centuries before that..... That wood, right there, sitting atop my vape. For my enjoyment. How cool is that?

OF

You are absolutely right but I did also mean retain heat as it stays pretty fucking toasty when you back to back a stem. It cools down quicker but seems to get hotter in use than glass. I have dome screened this as well as I want a stem to last a 10 minute session. That way each session begins with a few tasty ones :).

My ABV is also more uniform without the dark crust that my glass stems get so you could be onto something as green left the ABV more like it is on white with a glass shorty (if that makes sense).

My big regret is that I did not purchase a black bog wood one for $50 when I had the chance :cuss:. Now it will cost me $70 & I just paid $50 for my granadillo but it is very much :love: at first sight. There is something immensely satisfying about posting about a vape combo you are using as you post about it :freak:.

OF

You are absolutely right but I did also mean retain heat as it stays pretty fucking toasty when you back to back a stem. It cools down quicker but seems to get hotter in use than glass.

I agree. The metal part sticks out and conducts heat upward that the glass never would. You can easily burn yourself in place that never would with glass, caution is advised.

anybody got any advice on bubblers/gongs... I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything involved there. Kind of a lot to take in.

Are you ever in luck. Our own Carol King has this wired down tight. Standby, I'm sure she will pop up and set you wise.

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
anybody got any advice on bubblers/gongs... I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything involved there. Kind of a lot to take in.

I was in your position recently and I will tell you what I decided on. I didn't want to spend too much money so started with a cheap setup.

I got a 18mm gong from vapefiend -
https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/easy-flow-water-pipe-adapter.html

And one of the cheapest bubblers money can buy from dhgate - http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...water/246522526.html#s1-1-1b;searl|1600323911

I went 18mm gong rather than 14mm because the hole in the top of the bubbler is 18mm, so saves buying extra adaptors. I chose a really small bubbler because mine is used more out of my house than in. However there are some larger sizes available.

I got some stuff in the black Friday sale so all in all only cost me £20 for both and I am very very happy with the setup. Kinda nice having a cheap setup as I don't have to worry about breaking it so much.

Anything else you need to know one glass noob to another haa?

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
thanks for the response man

I'm thinking I want a D020-D, but in 14.5mm :/ Haven't seen one yet though.

I'm thinking 14.5 over 18.8 because I'm planning on getting an Herbstick Eco to go with it.... and I could use the plastic tip if I don't get a gong for the AA

I guess one of the main things I'm concerned about is fit/wobbles/balance and room to hit it.

Prob going to go thrifty like you, but willing to shell out if I think I've found the "right" piece

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
For the Air/Solo it is doubtful there is a more suitable bubbler than the D020-D. If you have concerns about size get a 18/14mm reducer for $5 or even ask the seller if you can swap the glass cone for an adapter when you purchase.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That is a nice looking little piece @beiberhole69 . I am sure it will serve you well & is a old fashioned perc style. Keep it classy, keep it classic :2c:. The only concern for me is how low on the can the mouthpiece is connected but I don't think you will be copping a drink from it. I actually spotted a nice showerhead bub for only $29 on GC that would be purchased in a heartbeat if I was in the US :disgust:.

Stevenski,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I wished I liked WT's, bubblers and the like. Kinda envy you guys for having cool toys and having so much fun. Every time I experiment, I immediately realize that I love the practicality, tactile sensation, of just holding the vape as I sip, more e-cig-ish, I guess. I like sitting back, inconspicuously, sipping away.... I have a couple of WT's in a draw someplace, maybe I'll try again. Advice?
Think I have a d20d and a hydratube.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I wished I liked WT's, bubblers and the like. Kinda envy you guys for having cool toys and having so much fun. Every time I experiment, I immediately realize that I love the practicality, tactile sensation, of just holding the vape as I sip, more e-cig-ish, I guess. I like sitting back, inconspicuously, sipping away.... I have a couple of WT's in a draw someplace, maybe I'll try again. Advice?
I'm the same way, but once in a while it's fun to play with water.. Nothing beats a direct draw session with some tasty bud though..

MinnBobber

I have a couple of WT's in a draw someplace, maybe I'll try again. Advice?
Think I have a d20d and a hydratube.
just for grins, try either the hydratube or d20d with warm or hot water. It makes for a really soothing YET very potent vapor, a vapor quality that's not possible without water.
Report back on what you think of it please :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
I had a wonderful run recently with the Air, and I was stoked to show my friend how I've improved the function of it through changing screens and packing it differently. When I loaded it up for him it didn't function as it should I don't think....It's hard to tell though. The airflow seems worse than normal. The stems are spotless and the heater looks pretty great, I rubbed my finger around all the edges to clear anything that might be sealing some airflow, but I still have the issue. I'm packing lighter, tried not using screens, tried pulling the stem out like I normally do...nothing.

Any tips?

OF

Any tips?

Split the problem/remove variables.....standard troubleshooting stuff.

I'd start with a clean stem, no screen or load. Then, depending on results either add a single variable or look for the problem in the smaller set of variables (stem or unit...).

If possible I'd use the same stem that gave good results before.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll sort it out if you keep after it.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
Split the problem/remove variables.....standard troubleshooting stuff.

I'd start with a clean stem, no screen or load. Then, depending on results either add a single variable or look for the problem in the smaller set of variables (stem or unit...).

If possible I'd use the same stem that gave good results before.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll sort it out if you keep after it.

OF

I've gone trough many variable. The issue is when the stem enters the AAir. Packed or unpacked. Making me pucker more than usual if I do a mouth draw even with no herb in it

AJS,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've gone trough many variable. The issue is when the stem enters the AAir. Packed or unpacked. Making me pucker more than usual if I do a mouth draw even with no herb in it
I'm old school I guess?

Is the AIR that much better than a SOLO?

I have had a SOLO for like 5 years and the flavor is pretty good?

I just need a honest answer?

So the AIR is way better than a SOLO?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm old school I guess?

Is the AIR that much better than a SOLO?

I have had a SOLO for like 5 years and the flavor is pretty good?

I just need a honest answer?

So the AIR is way better than a SOLO?

It's not better. It's smaller. They are the same heater but the solo has a bigger battery. I don't own a solo, but it's far too large for me. And the air has cheap replaceable batteries.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's not better. It's smaller. They are the same heater but the solo has a bigger battery. I don't own a solo, but it's far too large for me. And the air has cheap replaceable batteries.
Thank you for being honest!

I love my SOLO and I don't care about size?
I have a GIZMO for my SOLO and a @Pipes stand so I'm good then!

The most important thing is I have lots of CALIFONIA LIV'N OG for fuel.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
In my opinion, the air and solo are very close in performance. The big difference being the way the stem sits in the oven (tight in the air, loose in solo). This is basically overcome by "tilting" , "angling" the stem in solo, while the air is tight as a drum.

This leaves the experience with the vape. @ataxian likes the size of the solo, I like to hold the much smaller air at any angle, kinda lay it on my chest if I'm sitting reading, or on a tablet, slip it in my inside jacket pocket on a dog walk.
tV4Mvoc.jpg

Top Bottom