OF

ok... I unscrewed it and am cooking it in the oven on the "warm" setting.... keeping the battery in rice for now.

Probably gonna have to combust tonight :/

Sounds like a good plan to me. The battery should be fine, it's gas tight therefore water tight. Be sure to leave the bottom cap off, the unit is fairly well sealed just below the oven, the moisture needs a hole to get out through. I'd probably roll it over some every few hours too, so any whole drops get spread out. FWIW, the PCB and oven parts can all be washed in soap and water (things like the beeper either come with water tight covers installed (remove after washing) or more usually are waterproof themselves. As Pipes said, trying to power up and run such stuff wet is where you get into trouble. Good luck with it, don't rush it, it should come out fine.

Double bummer on not having a backup vape. Blazing, even a time or two, is likely to undo a lot of improvements from the conversion to vaping and force you to 'relearn' it again. The mind is a funny thing. Not to kick a guy when he's down, but I think you should still consider it at this late date. Depending on a single vape, even one as dependable as Air, is asking for trouble. Not just breakdown, theft, the cops, other losses can deprive you at key times. A backup is great insurance against that I think. Perhaps something fun otherwise, around a hundred bucks? MFLB, VGs and a personal favorite VapMan come to mind. All well thought of and fun in their own right. On the dead cheap end of things I've tried a couple of these guys, some have had issues in the past but I found them simple, reliable and amazingly cheap:
http://www.hebestars.com/product/hebe-titan-2/

That's $20 shipped from Washington State if you buy two, otherwise it's a reasonable shipping fee I think. At that price it's also a good candidate for a 'throw down' vape, one you wouldn't mind risking at a concert, or trip to the beach. Or when you take a plane trip and it's time to come home........

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Thanks OF, I saw the thread for the Titan and that lead me to the Herbstick Eco. I ordered it the other day but I don't expect it until the end of the month probably.

I took the AA out of the oven as it seemed to be getting very hot.

Seems to be all dried out but I think I'm gonna toss it in for another 20 min or so and then maybe give it a shot.

Saw an AA listed on Ebay for $130 or best offer. Sent him an offer for $100 just for kicks and he responded with $125.... so if I somehow blew mine out I'll prob just pick that up. Ships from my area of the state too, so can prob get it quick. Might even be able to do a local pick up

ETA: not good... haven't plugged it in yet but the button got warped or something in the oven... only left it in there 20 min or so and on the lowest :/

was optimistic before, but now pretty worried.

Last edited:

OF

Saw an AA listed on Ebay for $130 or best offer. Sent him an offer for $100 just for kicks and he responded with $125.... so if I somehow blew mine out I'll prob just pick that up. Ships from my area of the state too, so can prob get it quick. Might even be able to do a local pick up

ETA: not good... haven't plugged it in yet but the button got warped or something in the oven... only left it in there 20 min or so and on the lowest :/

Be careful of EBay and other such sources, there are counterfeit AAs out there. They've been discussed here a couple of times (and in the counterfeit thread).

It sounds like your unit may have gotten more than warm, how hot did it get? You should be OK up to 70C or so without power on as far as the components are concerned. Hopefully it didn't get fatally overheated.

Good luck.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Yea, I'm well aware of the risks of buying on eBay. Seller looks okay though and the PP buyer protection is good. I may take a chance on it even if my melted one still works.

And I put the battery in and plugged it in and it beeped and began charging so I'm hopeful again... gonna pack a stem and see if it still works

*fingers crossed!*

Thought I posted this but guess not... anyway, SUCCESS! Whew! Button is warped but I'm blown :)

CapitalFlower

Can the Air's charger keep up with it's use?

Would I be able to use it as I'm charging it and never run out of battery indefinitely like with the Pinnacle Pro?

CapitalFlower,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
The Air battery needs to be at 5-10% or so to work while charging, but it does work.

Bongologist,
Reactions: OF

OF

The Air battery needs to be at 5-10% or so to work while charging, but it does work.

Possible, but not necessarily a good idea. In fact, IMO, a very bad one. Since the charger can only supply about 1/3 to total power needed, the battery has to make up the rest recharging 'between cycles'. If you charge only enough to get by this means you're hammering the bottom of the battery range a couple times a minute as the heater cycles. Really bad for it. ESV had a similar problem, it was 'eating up' the batteries which need a trip to the shop for replacement. The current version no longer allows 'use while charging' and a software upgrade is retrofitting the earlier units (and ironically providing more battery life per charge by shifting the setpoints).

Leaving it in 'all the time so it's ready to go' is also a very bad thing to do. I'm sure everyone knows a cell phone or laptop that died early this way?

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can use the vaporizer whatever way you please but you will go through the batteries quicker. @OF does it cause the battery to get too hot and could it cause damaged?

These are suggestions to keep your unit and equipment running in optimal condition.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I'm actually liking the unintentional mod I got by cooking my AA.

The button being slightly convex feels a little more ergonomic. Also, I'm able to hit the on/off button a little more accurately.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
LOL yea... I'll even wash each one with my sheets to keep the process authentic.

I tried to take a couple pics so you can see the damage. What doesn't show are the tiny lines. Kind of looks like a thumb print indented into it (but not THAT many)... it sort of shows in the first pic. And in the 2nd one you can see how it's not perfectly flat now.
IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

little maggie

Wouldn't it be simpler to externally charge the batteries? I forgot that mine didn't come with the air. But I have 2 batteries and the one not being used is in the charger. When my current battery starts to fade I just switch and put the used one in the charger and the charged one in the air. It's not very expensive and I think it probably increases the life of the air.

I use the Luc v4 to charge batteries.

Last edited:

ManFlies352

Thanks to all the comments here I ended up ordering an Airizer Air due to the amazing customer service of PuffItUp.com! I was weighing between this and the Mighty but after all the reports of defective Crafty/Mighty units I decided to go with one that had 99.9% positive ratings with practically no defect concerns to speak of. Really excited to get this unit! I haven't vaped in forever and it's time for me to go back to saying "Fuck Combustion"

deadpooly6

Just got my Air in yesterday, it's pretty good the only thing I'm not so sure about is using the 14mm from ed's. Does the temp need to be high or does it just need to be packed to the rim or the opposite.

OF

99.9...I like you.

I'm sorry, I think he's spoken for.......but your call. In any event though, can you take it to PM? This is not that sort of forum you know.

Just got my Air in yesterday, it's pretty good the only thing I'm not so sure about is using the 14mm from ed's. Does the temp need to be high or does it just need to be packed to the rim or the opposite.

You should experiment and see. It's a subjective thing at some levels. I think it's safe to say that the SS sucks heat away and most bump the temperature up a notch to compensate. Be sure to try that.

I find it's more fussy with filling as well. Medium to fine grind, dry, moderately packed (as much as I can without 'too much' restriction) really brings it into it's own. But maybe not for you.

Enjoy the experiments, even the bad ones are pretty good.

OF

Top Bottom