grokit

well-worn member
I've seen at least three vapor tamers sell from the classifieds here in the last few months.

grokit,

11eleven11

I've seen at least three vapor tamers sell from the classifieds here in the last few months.

Yeah, I need to keep an eye out. I saw one a few weeks ago but it wasn't the 12" coil version, which is what I'm looking for.

11eleven11,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Anyone know a cheaper alternative or some promo codes for the website? Also, are the ceramic flavor discs worth it?
The discs can be usable, but it can take many draws before the disc is producing vapors. Most often teh disc isn't a perfect fit, and the air can travel around it instead of through it. When that happens you have to wait for the disc itself heat up enough to allow the product within it to vaporize. They have two different densities, or at least used to...and neither really stood out. The denser version will hold things better, as liquids could escape the less dense version while its heating up. They seem to work best in flower sandwich of sorts. I think cotton works far better. I think Vito has videos of both methods.

hoorah

Any got the e-mail for SSV support? I e-maild customercare@7thfloor.biz a week ago and still no reply ...

And could anyone explain how the tamer / ice catchers are used? I can't see how myself, unless i'm retarded it just doesn't make sense how it works. I'm planning on buying a new pipe / mouth piece / oil deffuser, SSV don't have the blue in stock, anywhere else to get it?

Also planning on buying a bong for the SSV (not big, needs to be hidden highly illegal in my country) , any recommendations and what hardware do I need for this setup?

Last edited:
hoorah,

grokit

well-worn member
7th floor has bubblers, I personally like their tripod models but they can be a bit pricy. Compared to the more upright ones the tripods are less obvious, less likely to tip over and easier to stash out of sight. They do have carb hole so they're more bong-like than the upright models in that respect, I'm not really sure what you mean there.

I've never used a vapor tamer but they seem to be more popular with the lsv crowd. For use with the ssv think of it as a mouthpiece at the end of the draw hose.

grokit,
Reactions: hoorah

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
And could anyone explain how the tamer / ice catchers are used?

From their site:

"The SSV Ice Chamber fits comfortably into your hand while the other can still hold your wand. Made to be used without a downstem or rubber grommets, the Ice Chamber allows you to position the tubing directly into the chamber. Just add crushed ice or water, insert the tubing with the wand connected on the other end, and you are ready to ride the wave with vapor cooled to winter-like temperatures."

So it is basically a water pipe but you shove the tube in instead of connecting a glass WPA to a downstem.

Also planning on buying a bong for the SSV (not big, needs to be hidden highly illegal in my country) , any recommendations and what hardware do I need for this setup?

You would need to purchase the bong water pipe with a GonG attachment, then match the size of the GonG (either 14mm or 19mm) downstem opening to the Water Pipe Adapter (WPA).

WPA
adapters500p9of1.jpg

Tweak,

hoorah

Thanks grokit and Tweak.

From their site:

"The SSV Ice Chamber fits comfortably into your hand while the other can still hold your wand. Made to be used without a downstem or rubber grommets, the Ice Chamber allows you to position the tubing directly into the chamber. Just add crushed ice or water, insert the tubing with the wand connected on the other end, and you are ready to ride the wave with vapor cooled to winter-like temperatures."

So it is basically a water pipe but you shove the tube in instead of connecting a glass WPA to a downstem.

You would need to purchase the bong water pipe with a GonG attachment, then match the size of the GonG (either 14mm or 19mm) downstem opening to the Water Pipe Adapter (WPA).

WPA
adapters500p9of1.jpg

Just about to make my order for:

• Clear Glass Replacement Vaporizer Mouthpiece
  • Blue Acrylic Vaporizer Hose (3 Foot)
  • NEW! GLASS OIL DIFFUSER
  • WATER FILTER 93 - STRAIGHT 6 PERCOLATOR Blue -http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wcfm/water-filter-cooler-moisturizer-93-straight-6-percolator.html
  • Screens (the one you told me about)

Am I missing something? Do I need a WPA for the water filter above? Do I order 14m or 19m water filter? What should be measuring? It's hard for me to visualize without diagrams unless its my hands.

hoorah,

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
Yes, you need a wpa, and make sure to order both the wpa and the water filter with the same size GG joints, I prefer 14mm personally. Happy surfing!

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it seems to come with a wpa included!

Last edited:
Oscar_Milde,

em1guy

Hello everyone, I'm new here. The ssv is my first vape. I've had it for almost two weeks now. I've been using it daily, however I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have a defective unit or what the problem is. I find that no matter what temperature I set the dial to or how slow I inhale, I get little to no visible vapor when I exhale. Even with the ssv turned up to max.
I usually get the most vapor off the first two draws. I load the wand just enough to cover the screen. I always grind up my bud, and stir it after every hit. Most draws are slow and steady, about 10-15 seconds. Then I exhale nothing.
However, I cough horribly and it's often accompanied by nasty mucus. I also get pains in my chest and need to blow my nose. I dont know if this is normal. But its hardly enjoyable.
I've been a daily smoker for about 18 months now and rarely ever cough this hard. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But if any of you could please give me a little advice, that'd be great.
Thanks!

Edit: Also I'd just like to add that the quailty of the herb im vaporizing is extremely high. The buds are almost golden with trichomes.

Last edited:
em1guy,

hoorah

Hello everyone, I'm new here. The ssv is my first vape. I've had it for almost two weeks now. I've been using it daily, however I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I have a defective unit or what the problem is. I find that no matter what temperature I set the dial to or how slow I inhale, I get little to no visible vapor when I exhale. Even with the ssv turned up to max.
I usually get the most vapor off the first two draws. I load the wand just enough to cover the screen. I always grind up my bud, and stir it after every hit. Most draws are slow and steady, about 10-15 seconds. Then I exhale nothing.
However, I cough horribly and it's often accompanied by nasty mucus. I also get pains in my chest and need to blow my nose. I dont know if this is normal. But its hardly enjoyable.
I've been a daily smoker for about 18 months now and rarely ever cough this hard. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But if any of you could please give me a little advice, that'd be great.
Thanks!

Edit: Also I'd just like to add that the quailty of the herb im vaporizing is extremely high. The buds are almost golden with trichomes.
Clogged screens? are you using 1 or 2 screens? Pull out the screen and Acetone + Salt wash it for an hour and put it back. What colour is your bud after vaping? It shouldn't be black and should just crumble in your hands.

I use 2 screens otherwise I get plant material in my mouth (Now i'll be using Tweaks method), only vape pre bed and I get 7 days max before I need to alcohol wash it. And the heater dial is plenty hot at 1/4 to 1/2 of the way to max.

A fan pointing at you and the vape will also disrupt it.

Edit you should be filling the bowl at least 1/4 full, I go to 2/4 and 3/4 because I have thai brick weed, not chronic.

hoorah,
Reactions: Tweak

em1guy

I am only using one screen. The material does eventually turn a light brown after a while. Although I feel like I can still see the little hair-like trichomes on it.
Also everyone says vaping is so much more flavorful, but i get little to no taste. And it tastes like burnt popcorn.

em1guy,

Breathemetal

I am only using one screen. The material does eventually turn a light brown after a while. Although I feel like I can still see the little hair-like trichomes on it.
Also everyone says vaping is so much more flavorful, but i get little to no taste. And it tastes like burnt popcorn.

The burnt popcorn taste generally means your bowl is done

Breathemetal,

hoorah

How much do you turn the dial up? It should indeed taste nice.

Are you putting enough in really?

hoorah,

em1guy

be sure if it is a standard Hand held wand that the screen is inserted dome up,
as in the crude illustration below.
The screen (red) on the left is incorrect, and does not allow for airflow.
airflo.jpg
This is helpful! I'll try this out.

em1guy,
Reactions: Vitolo

Fresh_Baked

Hey guys! It's been a while.

I've come up with an odd problem this past week and I don't really know what to do but come to you guys.

I'm having trouble with some specific bud. I know, it's weird.

Here's what's up:

I've had my SSV and Volcano set up the same way for a long time, and have pretty much figured out the perfect temp settings and what-nots for both, and I have a good idea of the vapor density I'll get at what setting.

For instance, I've been setting my SSV to a hair past 1 o'clock and it gives me really dense vapor through my bubbler, and does not scorch the bud.

First thing I did when I got my new pickup (some really nice platinum kush) was, of course, take a look at it really close.

Nice, kind of light buds. Definitely not too wet, seemed to be dried almost perfectly. Has a strong smell and it's delicious.. When I can get it to vape.

Ground it up and put some in my wand, same temperature I've been using for weeks. Hadn't even touched the knob or turned the thing off from my previous bud.

Took one nice draw, and suddenly, the entire bowl was cherried. This happened 3 more times before I was like alright, let's try the volcano.

So now it gets weirder.

I throw it in the volcano at the same temp I've had it at before thinking the whole bowl is gonna be done in one bag because of what happened in the SSV, but it was the total opposite.

I got a very light vapor and when I opened up the little volcano bud bowl it was pretty much still green.

Turned it up to 7 and it got a little darker. Turned it up to 8... No vapor, same light brown but almost green color.

I'm all shaken up :( I've just been using the bong today and *gasp* combusting because I'm tired of this shit lol.

I tried to 'rehydrate' my bud by dripping a little bit of water in to my jar (over an oz. in there) and then I got paranoid that I put too much water and the buds would get moldy and so I dumped them out and kinda sat them under a light for a minute or too. Most of the water I think actually ended up on the sides of the jars so I dried those and.. yeah.

I don't know. I don't even know. I adjusted my SSV heater cover and took the knob off and made my regular temp lower and even still I char the bud almost every time I hit it with the SSV, and get almost no vapor and green bud when I try to vape it in the cano at my normal temperature.

EDIT: I did try different bud in the Cano and it worked as it usually does : /

Last edited:
Fresh_Baked,

hoptimum

Hey guys! It's been a while.

I've come up with an odd problem this past week and I don't really know what to do but come to you guys.

I'm having trouble with some specific bud. I know, it's weird.

Here's what's up:

I've had my SSV and Volcano set up the same way for a long time, and have pretty much figured out the perfect temp settings and what-nots for both, and I have a good idea of the vapor density I'll get at what setting.

For instance, I've been setting my SSV to a hair past 1 o'clock and it gives me really dense vapor through my bubbler, and does not scorch the bud.

First thing I did when I got my new pickup (some really nice platinum kush) was, of course, take a look at it really close.

Nice, kind of light buds. Definitely not too wet, seemed to be dried almost perfectly. Has a strong smell and it's delicious.. When I can get it to vape.

Ground it up and put some in my wand, same temperature I've been using for weeks. Hadn't even touched the knob or turned the thing off from my previous bud.

Took one nice draw, and suddenly, the entire bowl was cherried. This happened 3 more times before I was like alright, let's try the volcano.

So now it gets weirder.

I throw it in the volcano at the same temp I've had it at before thinking the whole bowl is gonna be done in one bag because of what happened in the SSV, but it was the total opposite.

I got a very light vapor and when I opened up the little volcano bud bowl it was pretty much still green.

Turned it up to 7 and it got a little darker. Turned it up to 8... No vapor, same light brown but almost green color.

I'm all shaken up :( I've just been using the bong today and *gasp* combusting because I'm tired of this shit lol.

I tried to 'rehydrate' my bud by dripping a little bit of water in to my jar (over an oz. in there) and then I got paranoid that I put too much water and the buds would get moldy and so I dumped them out and kinda sat them under a light for a minute or too. Most of the water I think actually ended up on the sides of the jars so I dried those and.. yeah.

I don't know. I don't even know. I adjusted my SSV heater cover and took the knob off and made my regular temp lower and even still I char the bud almost every time I hit it with the SSV, and get almost no vapor and green bud when I try to vape it in the cano at my normal temperature.

EDIT: I did try different bud in the Cano and it worked as it usually does : /

I haven't tried that strain, as I prefer sativas, but from what I've seen and read, the buds seem to be exceptionally dense. Maybe if you adjust your grind a bit, to allow better air flow through your SSV and more consistent texture in your Volcano bowl. Like I say, I prefer sativas, but I'd be happy to help you do some tests on that platinum kush in the name of science.

Fresh_Baked

I haven't tried that strain, as I prefer sativas, but from what I've seen and read, the buds seem to be exceptionally dense. Maybe if you adjust your grind a bit, to allow better air flow through your SSV and more consistent texture in your Volcano bowl. Like I say, I prefer sativas, but I'd be happy to help you do some tests on that platinum kush in the name of science.

I don't know what I prefer. When I first started smoking I found I liked indicas more, and then later became a big sativa guy. Now I can definitely enjoy sativas but I love a good indica and only very few knock me out or couch lock me (likely because of tolerance) but I think I lean towards those.

It tastes really good, has a hashy taste to it. Big crystals. It's pretty dense I guess. I wouldn't say overly dense, just normal. It's very hairy though. Like 99% of the shake from the ounce was just dark orange hairs haha

Fresh_Baked,

BranFlakes188

Might be dry. To re-hydrate your buds just put them in a container with orange peels, banana peels, even bread, and they'll suck up a bunch of the moisture overnight (but make sure they're not actually touching the food). Don't be pouring water on the poor buds.

BranFlakes188,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I hydrate main stems in a cup then toss it it. It has worked for me.

Dreamerr,

hoorah

That's a good idea, but I don't really notice the difference with dry weed and a little moist weed? Doesn't really effect tbh.

hoorah,
Top Bottom