Vitolo

Vaporist
Hopefully it's not mold, just a cosmetic defect. A picture for the curious!

I don't think that the wearing on the gong is an issue, if anything it will wear slightly into a better seal. If you are still using it heavily a decade from now and it needs replacing then that's pretty good durability.

:peace:
The white cloud at top of heater cover is artistic effect, that also disguises the eventual greying that occurs at top of heater cover.
Some SSV aficionados, locally order their HC's specifically with a cloud at top of the HC.
I do not order this way specifically, but on open orders, one out of a dozen may have this artistic effect.

Last edited:

this_guy_griff

well its brand new, so no previous owners. like i said, not too worried about it, clearly, since 1) ive been using it already, and 2) its not burning or anything. just curious as to what it could be. it COULD be paint, but its a different substance than that of the paint around it, much easier to tell in person.

yea its really nice. i prefer a non-glaze finish but i like the rainbow effect it is. as long as it works, thats really all i care about lol.

this_guy_griff,

grokit

well-worn member
Is it inside the glass or on the surface? Unless it's on the surface, I would say that it's just part of the design. Whoops Vitolo beat me to it!

grokit,

this_guy_griff

The white cloud at top of heater cover is artistic effect, that also disguises the eventual greying that occurs at top of heater cover.
Some SSV aficionados, locally order their HC's specifically with a cloud at top of the HC.
I do not order this way specifically, but on open orders, one out of a dozen may have this artistic effect.
Opps, sorry Vitolo, never saw your post when I replied. Describing it as a cloud would make sense. It has the shape of one. I didn't mean to make it sound ugly with the way I described it. Its good to know it is. As i mentioned, wasn't stopping me from using it haha.
Do you have an opinion about the GonG question I had?

Thanks Grokit, its on the inside of the HC. I figured it was there purposely at least. Any thoughts on the GonG question?

this_guy_griff,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Leave heater cover in some Iso overnight if you want to be sure.Looks like paint though..Nice rig! Vape on Mon

NeeChee,

this_guy_griff

Thanks NeeChee. I like it as well. and I could do that, but then, if it is an artistic affect, i dont want to lose it somehow. i doubt ISO would remove it, but why risk it right?

this_guy_griff,

this_guy_griff

now that i know what it is, im good with it lol picked up a bong for hooking up the whip with, works like a beast!

this_guy_griff,

420GanjX

ed4cd9f62e4b11e3b9c422000a1f968f_7.jpg

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Does anyone own both DBV and SSV (or have used both enough to comment) and can say that they prefer the tilt of the SSV?

Vapetologist,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I know I am repeating myself.
I have both sitting side by side.
I have had it so for years.
I prefer the tilt.
I also prefer it with standard HC and hand held wand.
Edit:
Just saw your post in the DBV thread... did not mean to answer a question asked in two threads... and I also missed when you asked this question in that thread.. the "Vito Disclaimer".
I offer all patients their choices between these two vapes, without my added bias.
3 out of 5 go for the SSV in spite of cost.
I will try my best to get some of the local patients to log on here at FC and explain their preference on their own... since I am sure each has their own reasoning.

Last edited:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Cause Vito said so............:rofl:. Isn't that a good enough reason:p.

The ssv is less restrictive in usage as far as hooking it up and such. It also doesn't let the herb in the heater unless you blow into it as some have reported. I never had that issue. I like the ground glass and have used all three wands via vito. It is just easier for me is all. The angle helps me for my usage. I think I would break stuff with having to pull the wand in and out of the hole in the dbv. It is all just a personal preference like anything else. I also like the aroma dish on the ssv.

Dreamerr,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've read of DBV users placing a prop behind the DBV's base to give it a downward tilt. Never thought of trying the opposite with the SSV and propping up the front just to see the difference.

I found out recently that 7th Floor offers the SSV Standard wand for the DBV.

"Will Silver Surfer products work with Da Buddha (and vice-versa)?

• All accessories that work with the Silver Surfer will also work with your Da Buddha Vaporizer.
  • We can make Standard and Spherical Heater Covers to fit your Da Buddha. Contact Us to place your order."

Tweak,
Reactions: Vitolo

BranFlakes188

Good question, I'd love to know too. I've been very close to pulling the trigger for a while. If I can get it any cheaper than on their site I don't think I'll be able to resist...

BranFlakes188,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
It is just easier for me is all. The angle helps me for my usage.... It is all just a personal preference like anything else. I also like the aroma dish on the ssv.

Excellent points...I use Nikon over Canon. Both are good cameras. But the Nikon just fits in my hand better.

What is everyone's opinion on the flavor oil kit? Does it work well with oil compared to the standard way you do a nail?

I absolutely love it. The nail gets to around 600 degrees, many want hotter but I think its just perfect for me. Its always on, much safer, and the wand hash from it is amazing. No torch, WIN.

mod note: 2 posts merged. Use edit to avoid back to back posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Plutonious

I absolutely love it. The nail gets to around 600 degrees, many want hotter but I think its just perfect for me. Its always on, much safer, and the wand hash from it is amazing. No torch, WIN.

600 is plenty hot too...that should be fine for most dabs. Way cleaner too than using a torch and like you said, it's ready to go at anytime!

I might get my SSV back up to Canada and get the oil set for it. It looks really cool.

Dr. Plutonious,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
FTFY, ;)

I'm really interested in the nail, but my wand hash doesn't taste that great using a torch/glass nail so I've been hesitant. Does the lower temp help preserve the taste?

I feel that it does taste better. At higher temps I just don't get the flavor. Just one man's opinion.

I might get my SSV back up to Canada and get the oil set for it. It looks really cool.

If you do, rig it at an angle, so that the dish is level. It works at an angle, but I promise you its fracking mess. Angle it, then SECURE IT. If the vape falls, both the lid and the hot dish can go flying...bad news.

mod note: 2 posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vapetologist,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Agreed.
I find the Oil Rig easiest to use on the DBV.
I tried the SSV rig, but did find the angle troublesome for the "cup"
I found the dab always running in one direction, so prefer it level.

Vitolo,
Reactions: grokit

BranFlakes188

Anyone know a cheaper alternative or some promo codes for the website? Also, are the ceramic flavor discs worth it?

BranFlakes188,

11eleven11

Dude BranFlakes! Are you reading my mind? I just refreshed and saw your post while I was working on mine. Mine is below and very related:

-----------

Looking to buy a Vapor Tamer -- but wanted to see if they had any discounts available. I contacted support and they said this:

Unfortunately, we do not have any deals or coupons available. Every SSV Manual comes with a QR code which will give you a special discount. You will be able to put this discount toward the Vapor Tamer. Keep checking back on our website and Facebook page for a chance to catch special promotions. Below I have included a link to our Facebook page and newsletter that will give you up-to-date information on everything going on at 7th Floor.

Darn! You know I used to have an SSV but I didn't see that offer that came with it. Probably because it's been about 4 or so years and this is relatively new. "PAUL" used to work as a code but it doesn't anymore. Tried the basic google search and found sites with codes, but they didn't work either.

Looks like the codes are mainly to those who bought units. All I know is I really want a vapor tamer! Will have to keep my eyes peeled for sales on this site and others, somehow find a QR discount code from someone, or just bite the bullet and buy one at full price.

BranFlakes188

Hope I kept my manual! Off to search. Thanks for the heads up 11eleven11. I'll let you know if I find it.

Edit: Found it. But unfortunately, as I ordered it from a different retailer (australianvaporizers.com.au), the code (which is supposed to be a 1-time 15% discount) doesn't work, so I've emailed them to see how I can claim this discount.

Last edited:
BranFlakes188,
Reactions: 11eleven11
Top Bottom