BranFlakes188

Premiering the SSV microphone-style tool! (on my shit-covered desk) :) Gonna have to give it a trial before replacing my bubblers, but so far, so good. No drag whatsoever on the PNHT

YHhe9UC.jpg

:rockon:

420GanjX

Hi everybody,
Just recently I've had to begin vaping outside in my garage due to my new living conditions but as its winter I'm concerned for my precious vapes.

The whip tubing on my SSV has gotten very stiff in the cold & I've begun to wonder if this high temp tubing may degrade in the intense Canadian cold.

Also my ssv knob has gotten very stiff aswell, so I turn it very slowly & carefully being sure not to apply too much pressure.

Could my ssv be damaged at all by being stored & used in my garage during the harsh winter temperatures?

420GanjX,

grokit

well-worn member
I kinda doubt it, if the tubing is the vinyl type maybe but silicone should be fine. I would think it would run less efficiently, and as you said the knob is stiff. Worst case would be if it's frozen and heats up too quickly, the glass could pop from thermal expansion but I would be surprised if this happened. Upside: if you have a vapor tamer, you don't have to put it in the freezer when your session is over!

grokit,
Reactions: 420GanjX

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
I have a question for anyone who uses the aroma top. What are the most effective oils and where do you get them. I have been buying the SSV melts from their site and they work ok. Also looking at the SSV website they recommend not using the top on full blast but this is the only way i can smell anything. Any one heard of any damage from the top? Other than forgetting to turn it down before i hit it and burning my buds its been working great.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I like Goose Creek's new line of wax scents. Blueberry and Maple Toddy are amazing. Haven't had a bad one yet. I reccomend signing up for email alerts they do buy 5 get 5 free deals a lot...

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: NeeChee

Busta

I use lavender essential oil from the drug store in my aroma top and it works fine. Oh another good use for the aroma top is to purge your oil. I have a slick ball I stick in my aroma top which has a couple grams of oil to purge. With the dial at 3:00 I have a temp of 110F.
I think I read about the idea here on FC :-)

grokit

well-worn member
I just put a few drops of any aromatic essential oil in the melted wax I have in the aroma top. One of my favorites lately is coconut/lime, but there are many to choose from.

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Yeh thanks for replies. i like the melts but hate the look when they are not hot enough to melt. I bet there could be a whole thread about what people put in their tops. What an amazing vape this is! Not only does it do two things at once when some one comes over and asks "whats that thing on the table? " I say " thats just an oil warmer ".

grokit

well-worn member
Just for clarification, I would never use the wax melts that ssv sells and never have. I use beeswax or organic soy wax and put a few drops of whatever essential oil I want in it. Although any unscented paraffin would work likely work just as well.

grokit,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Read as much of the info as you can.
Oils vanish after a time, exposed to heat.
Some are more volatile and leave little residue.. while others evaporate into a resin.
I explain that in the posts in the link I sent you.
Experimentation is a plus!

Fresh_Baked

Speaking of oil (kinda) it is yet again that time where my AVB tin is just about full (aprox. 40 grams of avb in here, I'd say) and I'd like to make some hash oil.

I haven't had a successful run yet. Every single time I try to do it, I fuck it up somehow. Can someone link me a really simple QWISO guide like for idiots? Because I definitely am an idiot.

I have learned a bit through my experiences which is good, I just don't know if it's even worth it to make it. I don't own an oil rig yet and I don't feel like dropping money on more glass right now.

I build up a reserve of AVB really fast and I really am not much of a fan of AVB edibles, and it'd really suck it let it go to waste.

I wasted it all last time. It pretty much just got stuck on all of my tools and utensils and shit trying to get it out and when I tried to vape the small amount I managed to salvage it was disappointing and messy because I didn't know I could just wrap dabs in cotton and put them in my wand for it to work.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have heard that you can either twitch your nose or click your heels three times and that is the easiest way to do it..............................in my dreams of course. All this shit is way to much work and then to fail afterwards makes me just mad.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Speaking of oil (kinda) it is yet again that time where my AVB tin is just about full (aprox. 40 grams of avb in here, I'd say) and I'd like to make some hash oil.

I haven't had a successful run yet. Every single time I try to do it, I fuck it up somehow. Can someone link me a really simple QWISO guide like for idiots? Because I definitely am an idiot.

I have learned a bit through my experiences which is good, I just don't know if it's even worth it to make it. I don't own an oil rig yet and I don't feel like dropping money on more glass right now.

I build up a reserve of AVB really fast and I really am not much of a fan of AVB edibles, and it'd really suck it let it go to waste.

I wasted it all last time. It pretty much just got stuck on all of my tools and utensils and shit trying to get it out and when I tried to vape the small amount I managed to salvage it was disappointing and messy because I didn't know I could just wrap dabs in cotton and put them in my wand for it to work.

Here you go sir. Flammz knows his shit. Enjoy.
http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...ana/1043042-isohead-thread.html#entry14573458

Madcap79,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

BranFlakes188

So I just got a flavor oil kit.... how do you use this thing? Didn't come with any instructions. Do you connect hose to the oil wand and that to a bubbler? Because I'm having a hard time fitting hose to the end of it...

Edit: Managed to get a bit of hose into it and ran it thru a bubbler. Just using some QWISO from past stems/AVB and a nice little chunk has floored me. Good stuff. Didn't taste as good as flowers but the effects are great. I'll have to grab a decent oil rig in the future

Last edited:
BranFlakes188,

orledet

I don't have any experience with any other whip vaporizer but I would find it hard to imagine any of them being a bigger hitter than the SSV w/standard wand. And depending on the size of the wand you get, the SSV can hold quite a bit.

If herb consumption isn't a concern, the SSV can be left on 24/7 with a whip loaded sitting next to it, ready to go at anytime, no need to preheat the glass. And since the whip is unattached, no worries about heat vaping your stuff while not it use.

And using my screen mod (listed in my sig), you can even do much smaller loads. In the video I had .05 gs loaded.

Excellent!

Something like an arizer ExtremeQ potentially delivers an even larger hit, with its varispeed fan's additional airflow. I use my Q with a similar glass piece and the performance is great, especially with small amounts (0.05-0.15g). I'm looking at a SSV as a backup machine, cos I don't use the Q's fan very often and the Q has been showing signs of wear. The SSV+watertool ooks like a very efficient wand vape with a nice large selection of accessoires to chose from.

orledet,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Excellent!

Something like an arizer ExtremeQ potentially delivers an even larger hit, with its varispeed fan's additional airflow. I use my Q with a similar glass piece and the performance is great, especially with small amounts (0.05-0.15g). I'm looking at a SSV as a backup machine, cos I don't use the Q's fan very often and the Q has been showing signs of wear. The SSV+watertool ooks like a very efficient wand vape with a nice large selection of accessoires to chose from.
The SSV is amazing and will serve you well for a very,very long time... What are you waiting for?

NeeChee,

max

Out to lunch
Excellent!

There's no way the Extreme provides a bigger hit than the SSV. Big hits are vapor rich hits, and the SSV easily beats the Extreme in that dept. The E's bowl and air path are just too big. The hot air stream hitting the SSV wand with the standard connection is narrow and focused, allowing much more vapor per hit. The E has its pluses, but you have to load the elbow screen in order to compete with 7th Floor products in the vapor to air dept.

DougWilson

Are there any real drawback to having ground glass?

I'm thinking of switching because I don't like holding the wand to the heating element.

DougWilson,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The drawback to ground glass is.....
you plug it in and take a hit... hands wherever you want them... dealing a deck of cards perhaps.
The hit ends, and then when you are ready to stir your meds, you have to stop dealing the cards, and put them down, and pull the ground glass wand out of the HC and stir.
The drawback being that you forget what card game you were dealing while your hands were free.

Edit;
on a more serious note, the drawback would be if you get lazy and leave the wand inserted, someone could bump into it and break the glass.

Rocket

Danger Zone!

I'm thinking of switching because I don't like holding the wand to the heating element.

I have both styles, the GG is less fuss but will have hotspots, the classic style is better for more even vaping. Just grab the hands free silver thing if you sick of holding it.

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!

I think the only benefit of the GG would be if using a water pipe. Other wise you still have to remove after each hit and stir. Plus i would think the glass would wear down twisting and turning overtime.

grokit

well-worn member
I think the only benefit of the GG would be if using a water pipe. Other wise you still have to remove after each hit and stir. Plus i would think the glass would wear down twisting and turning overtime.

That's how I roll with the ssv, gg with the tripod bubbler :science:

Another thing to consider is if you have the gg and want to use the ssv for aromatherapy, you will be better off with the newer style aromatherapy dish. The older style dish is less expensive and comes in colors, but does not fit as well with the gg setup.

Unconnected

Hey guys, thought i would update you, purchased a black vein silver surfer today, should get it in the mail in a day or two. Pretty keen!

Went with standard glass, going to be picking up a handsfree adaptor in the near future, the aust vaporizer shop does not have any in stock, but im thinking i might order some dope glass from 7thfloor directly and get the adaptor from them.

Pretty bloody excited, will let you guys know what its like compared to my extremeQ

Top Bottom