Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks dirtpie!
Using the VXC does not mean the aromas must end. I place brass lamp rings in every room.. and I leave my SSV plugged in diffusing even when that rare day comes when I dont "Ride the wave" for a day
(usually due to testing a new tool!)

Vitolo,

wc3777

hey guys... been reading/researching for probably about 3 weeks now and finally got to this site (by far the best and most knowledgable users and info), and decided to go with the SSV (Deciding mainly between the Extreme Q and SSV). I have gone through pretty much this whole thread and just have a couple questions before I go ahead and place the order... (Sorry in advance if some of these may be obvious or have already been discussed, new to vapes and this is my first vape purchase and hoping it will be as "perfect" as possible.) I just have 2 main questions that I need help with... and please feel free to add anything you guys want. THANKS!

1. Best place to purchase from? I know some people have purchased on ebay but mostly directly from the manufacturer (7th floor). Seems to be about $60 cheaper on ebay or amazon, but I read some posts about the warranties, etc... And im thinking for $60 more would it just be "safer" to buy direct from 7th floor?

2. Best walter filters/ice chambers.... Saw couple on the SSV website, as well as other similar devices on other websites... Just so many selections (as with vaporizers) and I have no idea what to get, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. (My friend has a SSV with a water filter/bong, and I used it with and without it to see if there was a difference and there definitely was, therefore, I feel the need to get one of those...)

Sorry again in advance if these are stupid questions... I read through 104 pages of this thread but I just cant seem to decide....I just really already had a hard time deciding which vaporizer haha...

Thanks alot in advance, and hopefully someone can just point me in the right direction, any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wc3777,

paine1769

Update from my new surfer as my last was very quick. I love it! Love isn't even enough to describe out much this thing rocks my socks!!! So clean and smooth when in use, and just wonderful to look at while not in use. Here is some eye candy of my other half taking her first pull.

2wd1v2b.jpg

paine1769,

paine1769

Vitolo said:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/DSC00547.jpg
Aromatherapy using the SSV is a very important part of my daily routine.
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/DSC00132.jpg
I sit 1st thing and create scents.
On Sundays, here in my community, I have visitors come to learn about Vaporizing as every other day.. only on Sunday we discuss aroma and how it can help with sp[ecific health issues like nausea.. and of course... aromatherapy lifts the spirits!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/vaporsmile.gif
Tubing is discolored.. but clean.

Vitolo you have allot of interesting stuff there. I would love to find out more info about the aromatherapy, as this is all very new to me. Feel free to pm me any site you would recommend.. I got the diffuser for my SSV, picked up the "black ice" samples. I love the black ice smell, but I'm excited about what else i can use.

paine1769,

Vitolo

Vaporist
black ice smell is a fragrance.....
The wax melts are not all natural oils but are long lasting. I use very few fragrances.. but rather essential oils.
There are wood resin type oils like myrrh and cedarwood, leaf oils which are more volatile (pine needle, sage and mint leaf oils like peppermints), Citrus oils, flower petal oils and more.
The SSV aroma top is an ideal surface to look at against a light so you can see the reflection.. and drip a drop or two of patchouli and wait a few seconds then breath then observe the oil.. add a drop of lemon oil in another spot on the dish. see the oils interact, then separate again, .. and breath deeply of what happens focus. feel the nausea slip away.
nice stuff vital--->
lavender( from europe pure), lemon oil, cinnamon oil, pine needle, peppermint
All of these. beware, and read the fine print.
Does it say 100% pure essential oil?
Or does it say "Pure essential oil with jojoba"
Breath and try to lock your "olfactory memory" onto what you have found use this as a guide later to bring back a peaceful thought or feeling of well being..
while the mind is engaged searching, try to duplicate the scent .
Be well and be strong. the sense of smell can take you to places you have forgotten.
Love the SSV Aroma Top function!
Find a peaceful spot in your olfactory soul and then enjoy the SSV to ride the wave.
Life is good!

Vitolo,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
anyone have any self takin pics of the burgundy splatter version? im pretty set on that one but it looks to be black from stock photo's. also what type of wand would you recomened. im leaning to the GONG version because its no hassle.

mattman_WF,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Mattman,

I have the regular wand and the standard GONG (handsfree). I don't have a spherical GONG wand (yet).

IMO they both give very similar performance.

The handsfree wand is IME a bit easier to use, but you will still need to stir your load every 1-2 pulls.

IMO, the handsfree is a bit better for vape-bonging, so you can have one hand to hold the bong, and one to remove the hose/water pipe adapter while clearing.
With the standard wand, you would need to use the same hand to hold the wand and clear the bong, which I can do without problem, but a few of my friends have had difficulty with it...

If it is within your budget, I'd reccomend getting a 2nd heater cover and wand just in case of any breakages, then you could get one of each and try them both.

If you are only going to get one, I would go with the standard, but IMO they both function very well.

Frederick McGuire,

VaporEyeSore

mattman_WF said:
anyone have any self takin pics of the burgundy splatter version? im pretty set on that one but it looks to be black from stock photo's. also what type of wand would you recomened. im leaning to the GONG version because its no hassle.
I would say if you want to use a water pipe at some point go Gong if not go standard.

VaporEyeSore,

Vitolo

Vaporist
mattman_WF said:
No hassle has it's own hassle.
You still must pull the wand out to stir between pulls.
And friends must be taught to not "pull" or "yank" , or "bump" the wand or hose as it sits inserted into the HC.
I have all 3 setups on 3 SSVs 3 types wand/HC setups
The water adapter works marvelously with Standard!

Vitolo,

dirtpie

mattman_WF said:

Just so you're aware I always had problems using the GONG set up with other people. I don't think people understood that you can't pull on the wand or tube as Vitilo said. Many people would jerk or pass the tubing too hard causing the wand to fall off. My wands took a lot of abuse due to those mishaps, but ultimatley two ended up breaking from others pulling it out accidently thinking "GONG" gives a true lock. I loved the GONG set up for using the SSV at night before going to bed bymyself however.

I preferred the hand held standard heater cover with a standard fatty wand for waterpipe set ups. I find it works the best and easiest to use the SSV with as little tubing as possible with a water pipe.

Just my :2c: from my experencies

dirtpie,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
thanks everyone , sounds like standard is the way i will go , never seen the spherical wand before. how does that work? better than the standard?

mattman_WF,

weedemon

enthusiast
standard has the more narrow air path = more control for you. Standard user right here!

people who have the spherical also like it just fine though. :)

weedemon,

SD_haze

mattman_WF said:
thanks everyone , sounds like standard is the way i will go , never seen the spherical wand before. how does that work? better than the standard?

Here's good description of spherical (SGG) VS standard

(not my writing)

I've been using the SGG attachment for a few months now, and I can say I think it's better than a standard wand for some things, but not for others.

The SGG wand lets you take a hit from whatever angle you want. It also has a perfect air seal from all directions.
You don't get control over the direction of the air flow. It's a wide path from the heater to the bowl that comes to a point just behind the screen. It focuses the air flow in the center for you, no matter which way you point the bowl. It vapes all but just around the edges.
You need to stir this wand every hit or two to keep it from darkening too much in the center. If you don't pack enough into the wand, it's hard to get a good hit because it leaves the edges unheated. The sides of the screen clog a bit more frequently imo.

With an original wand, you can direct the flow to corner the bowl, so you don't need to stir as often at first. If you load less of a bowl pack, you can focus the air to hit the corner where the weed is. The problem comes if you don't spin the wand when your taking a hit. The air flow is 2 or 3 times more focused than the SGG so it'll char out 1 portion really fast.

If you like stirring and not having to worry about working your hit, SGG is good.

If you find directing the air flow necessary, get an original wand. You can probably get a slightly better hit for the more work.

SD_haze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Reading that, it sounds like the spherical GG has all of the disadvantages of the regular GG, (no/low control of airpath, still need to stir every few pulls), with the disadvantage of the normal wand (you have to hold it)
The only advantage over the standard wand being a better seal (I've never noticed any issues with the seal on my normal wands)
And no advantages over a GG wand.

What am I missing?

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Frederick McGuire said:
Reading that, it sounds like the spherical GG has all of the disadvantages of the regular GG, (no/low control of airpath, still need to stir every few pulls), with the disadvantage of the normal wand (you have to hold it)
The only advantage over the standard wand being a better seal (I've never noticed any issues with the seal on my normal wands)
And no advantages over a GG wand.

What am I missing?

That it's a butt-ugly silly looking thing? :lol:

I think you summed it up pretty good, I never really understood the purpose of that one myself. But perhaps I'm missing something too.

OhTheAgony,
I can only speak about using the spherical heater cover in the LSV, but I think it allows you to eliminate the center-bowl hotspot of my old DBV's handfree GonG heater cover. If you just let the LSV sit on the WPA in the center, you will get a hotspot, if you move it around evenly you will get a nicely, evenly vaped portion. I don't see why it would be different in the SSV's case.

charliedontsurf,

guitarscreamngrowler

it sucks i bought a blue vaportamer on monday an still no email from 7th floor about shipping, i got the purchase email. ugh sucks

guitarscreamngrowler,

max

Out to lunch
guitarscreamngrowler said:
it sucks i bought a blue vaportamer on monday an still no email from 7th floor about shipping, i got the purchase email. ugh sucks
Not all companies send an email when a product is shipped, and 7th Floor is the last place I'd expect to get a shipping confirmation from. When it comes to email they're just plain lousy.

max,

guitarscreamngrowler

yea i bought the da budda an ssv from 7th floor before. couldnt remember if they sent a tracking number or not last time. guess not thanks man

guitarscreamngrowler,

Sour Deez

I have made multiple orders from 7th floor, i never get any shipping conformation, they just show up lol.

If i log into my account on the site, all my purchases still say processing, even tho i am enjoying them all.

I remember when i ordered my vape, and i was saying to myself it should be here today damnit!! and the online thing still said processing, not shipped or whatever. Then later that day it arrived, i was stoked.

Just something to keep in mind.

Sour Deez,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
A friend of mine has a GG SSV but unfortunately has smashed the glass heater cover - does anyone know a UK supplier of parts?

He had a look online but apparently could only find it for around 50 with 30 p&p from America. I told him I'd ask the very clever people on FC if they knew any cheaper ways?

wilf789,

Bun.it

Try the Market place Brighton, think I saw some bits when I was there, they have a website , but I'm in a rush.

Bun.it,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Try this guy: click me

He doesn't have them listed, but he told me sells all 7thfloor products so try sending him an email.

If that fails & France isn't to far of for you (still no added taxes&customs fees): click me too

Or if French is a problem for you you can always email our friend FLskawt on FC directly, since it's his webshop :)

OhTheAgony,

Caesar

FlyingHigh said:
Caesar: welcome to the forum! I'm new here too and loving it! Hopefully you'll get an answer to your issue soon.
Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat Flying High!

OhTheAgony said:
Ceaser; I couldn't see any smoke in your video, but next time it happens try turning of, let it cool down and pull of the heater cover and shake is upside down (the SSV, not the heater cover). I suspect some ABV will come out like you already stated as a possibility yourself. If not you can always look for other causes, but I'd try this first if I were you.
I've had it happen a few times where you couldn't see anything just looking in there with a flashlight, while still a reasonable amount of AVB came out after taking the heater cover off.

Sorry again for the poor video quality, the smoke appears about 5-7 seconds after I click the unit on, and only stays for about a second or two. I did this again last night and shook the upside down SSV like you suggested and no plant matter came out of the unit, but that doesn't necessarily disprove the ABV theory. The smoke phenomena only occurs when I really have to twist and push the cylinder back into place, so theres only a few things I can think of that it might be. I hope that it's just ABV stuck in the crevasses around the middle cylinder, that gets moved somewhere where it can burn off when I remove and reattach the cylinder. The other possibilities that spring to mind that concern me are insulation burning off from fucking with the ceramic more than I realize (doesn't really make sense), and damaged ceramic burning off from scratching up the ceramic while reattaching the metal parts (really doesn't make sense). Again, I leave it on full blast for 10-15 minutes whenever smoke is emitted so hopefully that would spare me from any adverse exposure. I just hate to think that something like this might be continuing to occur on a smaller, unobservable scale, considering I'm breathing through this thing so much every single day. I'm not worried enough about it too stop using it, but I was worried enough to post about it here. Nonetheless I kinda feel like a dumbass even talking about it lol. Thanks for taking the time to address my likely pointless concern OhTheAgony!

Vitolo said:
black ice smell is a fragrance.....
The wax melts are not all natural oils but are long lasting. I use very few fragrances.. but rather essential oils.
There are wood resin type oils like myrrh and cedarwood, leaf oils which are more volatile (pine needle, sage and mint leaf oils like peppermints), Citrus oils, flower petal oils and more.
The SSV aroma top is an ideal surface to look at against a light so you can see the reflection.. and drip a drop or two of patchouli and wait a few seconds then breath then observe the oil.. add a drop of lemon oil in another spot on the dish. see the oils interact, then separate again, .. and breath deeply of what happens focus. feel the nausea slip away.
nice stuff vital--->
lavender( from europe pure), lemon oil, cinnamon oil, pine needle, peppermint
All of these. beware, and read the fine print.
Does it say 100% pure essential oil?
Or does it say "Pure essential oil with jojoba"
Breath and try to lock your "olfactory memory" onto what you have found use this as a guide later to bring back a peaceful thought or feeling of well being..
while the mind is engaged searching, try to duplicate the scent .
Be well and be strong. the sense of smell can take you to places you have forgotten.
Love the SSV Aroma Top function!
Find a peaceful spot in your olfactory soul and then enjoy the SSV to ride the wave.
Life is good!

Thanks for letting us know about the wax melts not being all natural oils, I was wondering about that. It seems you and I use a lot of the same essential oils Vito, I use Myrrh, Cedarwood, Anise, and Lemon with a bit of Frankincense and Myrrh wax every time. One thing I love about the wax is that the oils mix with it really well, so when your done with a session you can just let the aroma top cool down and whats left of the oils dries into the wax beautifully, so next time you can just pop it on and enjoy your favorite mixture hassle free!

Caesar,
Top Bottom