technique

So I have finally purchased a vapor brothers mini wand (this cost me nearly $70 due to shipping) and after using it i am in love with it. It has instantly cut down my consumption by a third and I have felt no reduction in vapor production or high enjoyment.

So this leaves me wondering what the hell to do with the three official SSV wands i have that now seem redundant, has anyone got an ideas to make them more like the mini in usage or are the just garbage now?

Burken

Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to vaporizing, been using the MFLB and Vapocane for a couple of months, and before that a couple of years of combusting.

Anyway, after some weeks of researching I've decided that the SSV is the way to go!
But, I've been trying to contact 7th Floor through the form on their website before I place my order, its been a week now and still no reply. So is there any other way to contact them?
With me being a student and living in Sweden I would like to avoid making expensive long distance calls.

Vape on!

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
has anyone got an ideas to make them more like the mini in usage or are the just garbage now?

My Extreme Q screen mod.

Keeps my wand and tube free of debris(pure wand hash), keeps flowers from building up around the edge of the wand where the screen meets up (always looked green still), and it keeps my flowers close to the opening of the HC so I rarely have to adjust my low temperature (conserving energy, as I always leave my SSV on). Screen is adjustable, so you can use any size load and simply empty your wand by sliding the EQ screen out.

Wish I had a mini VB wand to compare.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
^ Yup. I've never seen anyone complain about 7th floors tubing. It is top notch, unlike the stock EQ tubing.

I use some silicone tubing I had bought for the EQ, works pretty much the same except it's not clear. It's smaller tubing so it fits my WPA better.

Fresh_Baked

After reading all of these posts I'm having trouble deciding what new wand I want.

I currently use a spherical ground glass and I like it, but I was thinking of trying the standard wand soon.

However, I wanted to get a nicer custom wand. I don't know if I want a standard one, or a spherical ground glass one.

Then there's the vapor bros. whip. I go through a LOT of bud and I am looking to cut down on my consumption, so that sounds nice.

However, I like the look of the official SSV wands a lot more.

I would like to get a custom standard wand, but then again, what if I end up not liking the standard wand as much as the spherical?

Argh.

Fresh_Baked,

technique

NOT garbage.
We all ghet enthusiastic at new discoveries, but hang on to it as it is.
I learned from experience that you may just need a regular wand down the road~

Lol so true, I wasn't planning on binning them just hoping they will not sit gathering dust for months.

As for the EQ screen mod as ingenious as it is it doesn't reduce the cross-section area much just the depth of the bowl which was never a problem for me anyway. If you haven't tried a mini whip and you live in the us it can be had for as little as $17.99 and it is a bargain. When i say it cut my consumption by a third that is no exageration what so ever, I am getting multiple thick pulls from 0.05g and it hits just as hard as the SSV ever has. It was love at first vape again lol, the SSV just keeps on giving

technique,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
As for the EQ screen mod as ingenious as it is it doesn't reduce the cross-section area much just the depth of the bowl which was never a problem for me anyway.

Ah but it does. According to VB, "The diameter of the Mini-Whip is 10mm compared to the Regular Whip which is 11mm"

My "Mariah" ( where the screen sits) measures ~20mm. With the EQ screen in place, it reduces it to ~10mm, the same width as a VB mini wand.

dsc3403y.jpg

dsc3404v.jpg

dsc3406j.jpg

dsc3407s.jpg

Well, 10.5 mm, :).

Plus IMO the added screen retains heat better than glass, causing more thermal conduction than w/o the screen.

Tweak,
Reactions: tuk

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Hey I thought it was inches too FB so no worries lol. I still can't read it. I am trying to figure out how he came up with those numbers even if it is mm. I think it is cm but still can't read it.

Dreamerr,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I didn't know 4 inch rulers existed.

It's an Ekg Caliper, a tool for measuring electrocardiogram wave sections. Comes with a 4 cm ruler, labeled 1 thru 4 in cm, each little tick between the numbers is 1mm. First image is me taking the measurment w/ruler for scale. Second image is measurement taken with caliper compared to the ruler.

My SSV wand takes a 3/4" screen (19.05mm). The standard screen is .625", but is too loose in mine and spins freely, even when pressed flat.

Surface area of the screen @ the Mariah (pi * 9.5mm sqaured) is 28 cm squared. With just the middle bore, the narrowest part of my wand where the EQ elbow screen sits, is 7.85 cm squared (pi * 5 squared), more than half the surface area. So it would take half as many flowers to cover the bottom of the screen, and can be placed within 2mm of the heater cover hole, where the air is at its hottest. The benefit of this is it takes less from the heater to heat and recover from, giving more consistent heat output.

Dreamerr

Thanks tweak for the headache but I did learn me somethin' not to much mind ya. That whole last paragraph said I think and I quote...blah blah...blah blah blah.

Dreamerr,

Breathemetal

The list of things I want to get for this heavy-hitter is becoming staggering...
Guess I'll hold off on purchasing any new vapes and just enjoy the SSV for a while :D

Starting to like the SGG a bit more, but I am still going to get me a SG HC and Wand soon.

Anyone have GG? That's the one thats pretty much hands-free right?

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

I have a GG and love it. I suppose it is hands free but I don't trust it so hold it but have no issue taking my hand off to scratch my nose or change the tv channel. I put my hand right back though. I also take very short hits so even if I take repeated hits which is normal for me I do take it out most of the time just not all if I want to do as said above. It is easier to leave it in then lay it down while changing a channel or whatever.

Long answer for small question so I will hush now.

Breathemetal

AH MAN!

Broke my SGG HC! Just the base of it, so it still connects actually...Im about to fire it up and see how it hits.
Luckily I ordered my SG already so I shouldnt have to wait too long

Breathemetal,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Broke my SGG HC! Just the base of it, so it still connects actually

Ouch. May I ask how it happened? Are you planning on replacing it?

Mine broke from just normal use, right along the base where the bottom inlet hole is. Afraid to buy another as it might happen again. I really enjoyed my SGG too.

Tweak,

Breathemetal

Ouch. May I ask how it happened? Are you planning on replacing it?

Mine broke from just normal use, right along the base where the bottom inlet hole is. Afraid to buy another as it might happen again. I really enjoyed my SGG too.

I noticed the metal shim was out of place, so I very gently pulled everything out, cleaned it...then when I tried to put the shim/hc back on...craccck.
Im actually using it right now with zero loss in performance, I just dont like it because it's broke now...haha.

Oh well, Im not really fretting it. Im sure Ill like the SG better

Breathemetal,

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
After reading all of these posts I'm having trouble deciding what new wand I want.

I currently use a spherical ground glass and I like it, but I was thinking of trying the standard wand soon.

However, I wanted to get a nicer custom wand. I don't know if I want a standard one, or a spherical ground glass one.

Then there's the vapor bros. whip. I go through a LOT of bud and I am looking to cut down on my consumption, so that sounds nice.

However, I like the look of the official SSV wands a lot more.

I would like to get a custom standard wand, but then again, what if I end up not liking the standard wand as much as the spherical?

Argh.
Get the vapor bros mini wand + standard HC, or if you wann use a lil more bud, go ground glass, or LSV HC with GG wand,
I would say Vapor Bros mini wand, also
Cut it in half when you get it for better airflow

Also GG Wand + Standard HC works very well also

nickb,

Breathemetal

Well order placed for SG HC and a SG Wand, oh...and a new whip.
I want to spend a bit more time with the SSV as it is before I jump into dabbing with it, but thats up next! OR I may get some typer of water filtration.

What do you guys think of the perculators that have for sale on their site?
I kinda like them, as I dont care to own a large bong. Seems like it would be rather effective and simple...also looks sweet with the sherlock!

Breathemetal,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
the dab is fuckin great!!! I like putting a dab in the bwol tpo straight vape, but the dab kit will wreck you!!!! I amaze all my friends with it, and its still amazing me. and im working with low quality oil, and its till annihilating me.

I also have a bong attchemnt, homemamde fomr a wine bottle. dabbiong without watger sucks!

fiarrhea,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am forced to disagree.
Different strokes for different folks.
I dab only straight..
Water filtration in any form is a worse experience for me personally.

Vitolo,

Breathemetal

I quite enjoy the soothing heat from the SSV's vapor, but sometimes...after a session or two...my throat is rather irritated which can make me cough, which is the main reason i said fuck combustion and gave up the flame.

So im thinking I may need some sort of water filtration, or maybe just a simple ice chamber.
I do like that Steele Concepts bong...that thing is sweet! and im not a big fan of bongs...so thats saying something for me haha.

Why do you dislike water filtration vito?

Breathemetal,
Top Bottom