Burken

So after doing my research here on FC I finally ordered a green SSV today! The level of excitement I'm feeling right now is equal to what I felt during christmas like 20 years ago... Cant wait!

Anyways I just want to thank all of the very knowledgeable people on this forum and especially in this thread for all the great info which helped me pick out the SSV in the jungle of vapes.

I'll give my 2 cents about it once it arrives, its being shipped to Sweden so unfortunately it probably will take a while.

Again, thanks everyone!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
So after doing my research here on FC I finally ordered a green SSV today! The level of excitement I'm feeling right now is equal to what I felt during christmas like 20 years ago... Cant wait!

Anyways I just want to thank all of the very knowledgeable people on this forum and especially in this thread for all the great info which helped me pick out the SSV in the jungle of vapes.

I'll give my 2 cents about it once it arrives, its being shipped to Sweden so unfortunately it probably will take a while.

Again, thanks everyone!

Burken- Good choice on ssv and a big welcome to FC! You will love the ssv compared to your mflb and vapocane....

Breathemetal- I would never buy an ash catcher from 7th floor at their current prices. If you look at alibaba or aliexpress or even mariposas2 on ebay or smokegrindroll.com, or even pipesdaddy.com or aaaglass for much cheaper ashcatchers that looks quite similar to ssv's minus a sticker, IMHO you can do way better for your money. Heck you can find a few bubblers around the price they want for an a/c!

Fresh_Baked

I am forced to disagree.
Different strokes for different folks.
I dab only straight..
Water filtration in any form is a worse experience for me personally.

Do you find the SSV's vapor or vapor in general to be dry? Maybe it's just me. When I hit the SSV or pretty much any vape, it's like I'm sucking in plain old air, in the sense that it dries my mouth out like nothing else.

Water filtration seems to make the hits much more thick and tolerable for me. Not to mention the heat of the vapor was too much for me too.

It's weird. Even if my SSV's heat is just a little too hot for my liking, I will end up coughing, but I almost never cough when I combust.

Fresh_Baked,

Fresh_Baked

Does anyone else fall in love with their SSV all over again when you're baked?

Sometimes I'll just take a really bit bong hit with it and after I exhale and feel the THC goin', I just look at my SSV like "Goddamn, I love you."

I wish 7th Floor would come out with a good portable. I'm aware that they made the VIP but as far as I know it can't do flowers which is pretty much what I'm using 90% of the time.

It's not like it matters. I'm fine with a home unit. It just kind of frustrates me that most of my friends and most other cannabis enthusiasts I meet believe that if you want a vape, you're either getting an MFLB or a volcano.

I've been trying to spread Seventh Floor awareness. It's not hard when all you have to do is have everyone take a few silver surfer bong rips. Then they're convinced. :lol:

EDIT: I am no good at grammar when high. Or sentence structure.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have retained the state of perpetual love for my SSV since I got it a few years ago.
I jokingly (many a serious word is said in jest) tell folks.. if they ask where I use my SSV... that:
"My SSV has it's own room."
Surely as I vape... that room belongs to the SSV, and other vapes just use the room as a place to hang.
The other vapes off to the side, and only borrowing area in my SSVs room.

Fresh_Baked

I have retained the state of perpetual love for my SSV since I got it a few years ago.
I jokingly (many a serious word is said in jest) tell folks.. if they ask where I use my SSV... that:
"My SSV has it's own room."
Surely as I vape... that room belongs to the SSV, and other vapes just use the room as a place to hang.
The other vapes off to the side, and only borrowing area in my SSVs room.

Actually, that's kind of how I view it. I enjoy cannabis in many different ways but when it comes down to it, my SSV is my main THC machine. It's been on almost constantly since I got it.

Not to mention each hit is so delicious. When I used to only smoke, I would never be able to pick up any sort of taste. Now with the SSV, the taste is always present.

I just recently picked up some amazing Orange Bud and it tastes incredible. Each bong rip is like taking a big bite out of a delicious juicy orange.

It was the same with Mango Kush.

It's amazing how one single plant can produce so many flavors and smells.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
Does anyone else fall in love with their SSV all over again when you're baked?

Sometimes I'll just take a really bit bong hit with it and after I exhale and feel the THC goin', I just look at my SSV like "Goddamn, I love you."

I wish 7th Floor would come out with a good portable. I'm aware that they made the VIP but as far as I know it can't do flowers which is pretty much what I'm using 90% of the time.

It's not like it matters. I'm fine with a home unit. It just kind of frustrates me that most of my friends and most other cannabis enthusiasts I meet believe that if you want a vape, you're either getting an MFLB or a volcano.

I've been trying to spread Seventh Floor awareness. It's not hard when all you have to do is have everyone take a few silver surfer bong rips. Then they're convinced. :lol:

EDIT: I am no good at grammar when high. Or sentence structure.

IMO the volcano is garbage, ya it had its day, but no real innovations since inception, and the price is crazy high still, i have only used a volcano a few times, & may be it was the people packing it, or may be i packed it wrong, but the hits are way too airy for me, I would have an SSV, E-nano, and some other balloon vape, which I could have all 3 of for the price of the 1 volcano.
I dont think I ever really caught a good buzz from the volcano and it takes so long to fill the bag. but like i said i only used a few times, and their new portable, it seems like too much to do. I want a constant temp not one that drops after it gets to range, I like extra power not less.

nickb,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I dont think I ever really caught a good buzz from the volcano and it takes so long to fill the bag. but like i said i only used a few times, and their new portable, it seems like too much to do. I want a constant temp not one that drops after it gets to range, I like extra power not less.

Definitely an unfair assessment. Especially because you have used the Volcano only a few times and from the sound of it you haven't even used The Plenty, but are passing judgement on it. I agree that with the money you pay for a Volcano there are also a lot of good options out there, but saying that it is "garbage" is far from the truth. I'm not sure how you managed to "not catch a good buzz", but believe me I have used it to great effect. I own The Plenty (their newest vaporizer) and it really isn't a hassle at all to keep it at the proper temp. You have to squeeze a trigger that you are already holding on to. After you have done this a few times it holds its temperature for longer periods. You can also turn the dial a bit and squeeze the trigger and keep it within a pretty close range of temps. Sorry I can't add any input on the SSV, but I don't comment on vaporizers I haven't used (have heard great things about the SSV though). :2c:

TLDR version: Your assessment as "garbage" is unfair especially given your limited experience with it.

Carry on SSV'ers! :rockon:

Edit: I don't mean this at all as an attack towards you nickb, I just wanted to share my experience because it differs from yours. To each their own! :cheers:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I agree Pickz, the Volcano can be a beast when used properly, however I wouldn't get one over an ssv even if it was around the 2 hundo that I paid for my surfer....

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
I know the first thing i do when i wake up and get home.I walk over and turn that smooth glass knob and hear "click"....come to think of it, i bet a tiny tear runs down my cheek every time.:love:

Fresh_Baked

I know the first thing i do when i wake up and get home.I walk over and turn that smooth glass knob and hear "click"....come to think of it, i bet a tiny tear runs down my cheek every time.:love:

Ah yes, the click. I know that feeling well.

I've been thinking about getting a Volcano, actually. I prefer whips and bongs over bags of course, but I think it might be cool to sit or lay down in bed with a bag, because that's one thing I can't do (too easily at least) with my SSV.

I was trying to think of some way to get the SSV to work with bags but I couldn't think of any. I succeeded in exhaling into bags, therefore getting the most as I was able to then get all the vapor I was missing out on.

It got annoying though, so I only did it for a bowl or two and then took apart my ghetto vapor oven bag and never did it again.

Fresh_Baked,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Breathemetal

Mount a super powerful tiny fan under the heating rod? LOL
That may get the vapor into a bag.

I prefer the whip system though in all honesty.
I tried bags before and idk...i just did not care for it.

So my SG HC and Wand will be here early! UPS changed from delivery Monday to early delivery Friday!

Breathemetal,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Burken

Since its probably gonna be another week or two before my SSV arrives I figured I can keep myself occupied with preparing some other stuff for it.
So I'm wondering which method conserves weed the best and which has the overall better performance, the EQ screen mod or the VB mini wand?
Any other cheap things I can buy for it to make little tweaks and mods?
Or any kind of suggestions that I can prepare for its arrival?
I'm not looking to buy any official 7th Floor products just yet, have to save up some money for that.
And also, I have a bong with a 14mm downstem, if I remember correctly it will work just fine without the adapter right? And just stick the tubing in the downstem instead?

Burken,

barrydanger

Best thing i can suggest burken is to spend your time reading the whole of this thread , it will answer all the questions you have and all the ones you have not considered yet , plus when you get it experiment and give it time as there are a million factors which effect its performance .

Burken

Thanks Barry, I'll keep that in mind. I have been reading this thread for the past week now and I am down to page 40, the problem is that there is soooo much good info that I have forgotten at least half of it. Should have written it down...

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
Thanks Barry, I'll keep that in mind. I have been reading this thread for the past week now and I am down to page 40, the problem is that there is soooo much good info that I have forgotten at least half of it. Should have written it down...

that is the curse of these long threads; forgetting all the valuable information you read and having no quick way to find it again.

best of luck. you will love your SSV. I've had mine over 5 years and it is still kicking butt and taking names...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So I'm wondering which method conserves weed the best and which has the overall better performance, the EQ screen mod or the VB mini wand?

AFAIK, no one else has posted using my EQ screen mod. And I don't own a VB mini wand to compare.

If I had to guess, they would be quite similar unless the VB mini wand has a smaller bore than the 10mm they list on there site. Except my EQ screen mod would be cheaper (just $8) and use thicker glass (standard SSV wand) and result in cleaner wand hash (2 screens keep most debris out). On the flip side, the VB mini would be lighter and collect less resin (less surface area).

I just noticed on there website, the VB mini uses the same size screens as the SSV (.625, 10mm bore), where the regular VB whip takes .750, (11mm bore) screens. So the VB mini and the regular SSV have the exact same size mariah. So it would come down to the bore, which I found differs ever so slightly with SSV wands, I have one that is 10mm and one that is closer to 11mm.

Tweak,
Reactions: Burken

Burken

AFAIK, no one else has posted using my EQ screen mod. And I don't own a VB mini wand to compare.

If I had to guess, they would be quite similar unless the VB mini wand has a smaller bore than the 10mm they list on there site. Except my EQ screen mod would be cheaper (just $8) and use thicker glass (standard SSV wand) and result in cleaner wand hash (2 screens keep most debris out). On the flip side, the VB mini would be lighter and collect less resin (less surface area).

I just noticed on there website, the VB mini uses the same size screens as the SSV (.625, 10mm bore), where the regular VB whip takes .750, (11mm bore) screens. So the VB mini and the regular SSV have the exact same size mariah. So it would come down to the bore, which I found differs ever so slightly with SSV wands, I have one that is 10mm and one that is closer to 11mm.

Thanks for the info! I'll try out your mod first and see how that works out. Living in a country where cannabis is very much illegal the green here is very expensive, so finding a way to conserve it in a good way is somewhat important.
And the SSV wand looks way cooler so I'd prefer using that one:)

Burken,

nickb

Calling the Volcano garbage is bashing, regardless if you say "IMO". You are coming close enough to stating opinion as fact to be cited for it. You could have easily gotten your point across while being friendly, as the other member did.
Definitely an unfair assessment. Especially because you have used the Volcano only a few times and from the sound of it you haven't even used The Plenty, but are passing judgement on it. I agree that with the money you pay for a Volcano there are also a lot of good options out there, but saying that it is "garbage" is far from the truth. I'm not sure how you managed to "not catch a good buzz", but believe me I have used it to great effect. I own The Plenty (their newest vaporizer) and it really isn't a hassle at all to keep it at the proper temp. You have to squeeze a trigger that you are already holding on to. After you have done this a few times it holds its temperature for longer periods. You can also turn the dial a bit and squeeze the trigger and keep it within a pretty close range of temps. Sorry I can't add any input on the SSV, but I don't comment on vaporizers I haven't used (have heard great things about the SSV though). :2c:

TLDR version: Your assessment as "garbage" is unfair especially given your limited experience with it.

Carry on SSV'ers! :rockon:

Edit: I don't mean this at all as an attack towards you nickb, I just wanted to share my experience because it differs from yours. To each their own! :cheers:

Like I said it was my opinion, so therefore it is correct and very much a true statement, as a matter of fact it was a 100% true statement.

" I own The Plenty (their newest vaporizer) and it really isn't a hassle at all to keep it at the proper temp. You have to squeeze a trigger that you are already holding on to. After you have done this a few times it holds its temperature for longer periods. You can also turn the dial a bit and squeeze the trigger and keep it within a pretty close range of temps."
Then knock 3 times, do 2 spins, then you can take a hit finally & hopefully all of the procedures were followed correctly, so you can take a proper hit, lol,
may be it will be at the right temp not a user set temp but one that they have chosen for me.
I prefer to set my own temp and have it stay there.
Also many of the Plenty reviews are negative, actually i think there are almost as many negative reviews with this vape as there are positive ones.
Have you even read the threads, I almost bought one of them, luckily I found the E-nano thread instead. now that is a class vape man, almost all positive reviews, actually no negative ones that I can recall. also the customer service is FANTASTIC.
THE SSV BLOWS THE PLENTY AWAY IN EVERY ASPECT. (IMO)

nickb,

nickb

Thanks for the info! I'll try out your mod first and see how that works out. Living in a country where cannabis is very much illegal the green here is very expensive, so finding a way to conserve it in a good way is somewhat important.
And the SSV wand looks way cooler so I'd prefer using that one:)

The VB Mini uses a lot less herb to fill than the SSV wand dose, like half or less i think.
I really want to try that mod with the screen though, the bore although seems like it is not a lot smaller, but uses a lot less herb to get big fat hits.

nickb,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river

I remember seeing your mod and wanting to try it. thanks for the reminder. I'll try it when I have some free time coming up here.

vaporonly,

Burken

The VB Mini uses a lot less herb to fill than the SSV wand dose, like half or less i think.
I really want to try that mod with the screen though, the bore although seems like it is not a lot smaller, but uses a lot less herb to get big fat hits.

Ok, I might get the VB mini as well just to try it out. What part of the wand is the "bore"?

Burken,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Ok, I might get the VB mini as well just to try it out. What part of the wand is the "bore"?

I'm referring to the small opening before where the screen fits.

dsc3406j.jpg

Top Bottom