weedemon

enthusiast
damn 5 week wait? that's too bad. you are getting it customized then i assume?

I wanted the rainbow zen also, but i didn't want to spend any more than i had to at the time. i got the solid black on black. it looks great, but the zen is captivating :p

I think you are going to really like the unit though. I use mine through a water filter. (well a mini zong style bong) I recommend the same to avoid any particulate that passes though. if it's 14mm stem then the tube fits right in, just add the washer on the outside to finish the seal and your laughing!

weedemon,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
OhTheAgony said:
That ROOR looks cool, what is that, 16"?
I'd guess a little taller, about 18"-19". 5mm thick wall. 18k gold label. Carbon filter adapter and 14mm reducer. This is the first non-perc bong I've owned and it hits nicer and smoother than any perc'd out bong I've ever hit.

CombustionJunction,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
My buddy just got his SSV in the mail. Let me tell you, the only thing better looking than an SSV warming up and getting ready are two SSVs warming up. :D Since I've gotten my SSV I've also used quite a few different vaporizers and I really feel like I got the cream of the crop. Just showing my appreciation and being a sappy fanboy.

Cerpintaxtt,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cerpintaxtt said:
My buddy just got his SSV in the mail. Let me tell you, the only thing better looking than an SSV warming up and getting ready are two SSVs warming up. :D Since I've gotten my SSV I've also used quite a few different vaporizers and I really feel like I got the cream of the crop. Just showing my appreciation and being a sappy fanboy.
I am excited for you. You will be so happy, ( and buzzed). I love all of my vapes, but that SSV is one solid workhorse, that hardly knows the meaning of a weak "blast"! :)

Vitolo,

sunsett70

i have to add that i read a brilliant suggestion on this or the dbv thread to use the vapir no2 screen as a filter (or 'condom' cause it looks like it) on the plastic/silicon tube before insert into the wand, so as to stop any particulates and keeps the tube clean for a whole lot longer, a lot of difference. something to consider for ssv/dbv users. the 'smoothness' of the screen in the wand also makes for easier removal/insertion of the tubing for cleaning.
https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=no2-vaporizer-screens&cat=68

sunsett70,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sunsett70 said:
i have to add that i read a brilliant suggestion on this or the dbv thread to use the vapir no2 screen as a filter
I cant remember where I saw it ( here someplace, likely) the same concept, but not to save the tube, just your mouth. They even had an image ...one of the guys will see this and give us the link. They put the NO2 screen like a condom as you described... only they put it over the small end of the Borasilicate Glass Mouthpiece, which then gets stuffed into the tubing at the mouth end.
Of course that does nothing for protecting the tube!

Vitolo,

Coolglow

sunsett70 said:
i have to add that i read a brilliant suggestion on this or the dbv thread to use the vapir no2 screen as a filter (or 'condom' cause it looks like it) on the plastic/silicon tube before insert into the wand, so as to stop any particulates and keeps the tube clean for a whole lot longer, a lot of difference. something to consider for ssv/dbv users. the 'smoothness' of the screen in the wand also makes for easier removal/insertion of the tubing for cleaning.
https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=no2-vaporizer-screens&cat=68

I do this and find I have to clean the Vapir screen about every two days. I'm quite lazy so I recently bought 20 Vapir No2 screens so I don't have to worry about keeping them clean so often. It works well but matter builds up really quickly and it impedes the airflow hence the need for the screen cleaning.

I have a question - the stuff that collects in the plastic tube (not the glass bit) - does everyone vape that? Definately need a Vapir filter for that as it's so fine it goes right through the normal screen.

Coolglow,

sunsett70

Coolglow said:
I do this and find I have to clean the Vapir screen about every two days. I'm quite lazy so I recently bought 20 Vapir No2 screens so I don't have to worry about keeping them clean so often. It works well but matter builds up really quickly and it impedes the airflow hence the need for the screen cleaning.

true, if you are a heavy vaporist, and with 20 per set, you also can be generous with it's use. and if you wanna reuse the vapir, honestly, (if no harvest) cleaning the vapir no2 is almost like washing hands. the 'smoothness' of the screen on the tube allows easy removal/insertion of the tube into the wand. and the vapir can be cleaned with just water n hand soap (maybe toothbrush), instantly dried w towel; and i feel (for misers like me) there is nice payoff for someone who don't mind the extra 'work' to keep the tube clean.
Coolglow said:
I have a question - the stuff that collects in the plastic tube (not the glass bit) - does everyone vape that? Definately need a Vapir filter for that as it's so fine it goes right through the normal screen.
sorry, what do you mean? i find hardly any particulates goes thru to my tubing with the vapir no2 steel mesh 'cover'.

sunsett70,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Coolglow said:
See this thread
After I reclaim the sediment/partcles from the tubing, I use that along with the clearish THC oils that are left after evaporation of my alcohol washes, kind of as a base. I knead it together to make hash, but I do not vape this, I smoke it as hashish in a small pipe, since it burns very slowly just like imported middle eastern hash!

Vitolo,
I just received a insult from a 7th floor representative, and will post details if I do not receive an apology.
Edit: mistakes were made, apologies on both sides offered, completely reasonable explanations believed.

charliedontsurf,

Coolglow

sunsett70 said:
Coolglow said:

true, if you are a heavy vaporist, and with 20 per set, you also can be generous with it's use. and if you wanna reuse the vapir, honestly, (if no harvest) cleaning the vapir no2 is almost like washing hands. the 'smoothness' of the screen on the tube allows easy removal/insertion of the tube into the wand. and the vapir can be cleaned with just water n hand soap (maybe toothbrush), instantly dried w towel; and i feel (for misers like me) there is nice payoff for someone who don't mind the extra 'work' to keep the tube clean.
Coolglow said:
sorry, what do you mean? i find hardly any particulates goes thru to my tubing with the vapir no2 steel mesh 'cover'.

Are you talking about using the Vapir No2 screen on the SSV, as I am? You seem to be thinking we're talking about using the screen on the Vapir No2 as it was intended?

I take my Vapir screen and attached it to the glass bit I suck on that comes with the SSV. I insert that into the tube. Matter collects in the tube as normal but doesn't go into my mouth due to the screen.

Im quite stoned right now so I could be wrong :D

Coolglow,

weedemon

enthusiast
i just wanted to let you guys know my broken heater cover was replaced, and the new one came in the mail today.

I had to use the metal shim from the original HC as the new one didn't fit on very well. this time it's a really tight fit and the hole on the intake of the new HC is about 50% smaller than on the original. the unit feels much more solid and stable. before the HC was wobbly and i demanded i do all the brewing of the whips during sessions in case someone applied too much force and broke it before my replacement part arrived.

the new one is red instead of the broken one that was yellow/brown. i consider that an upgrade personally. :p might look at a new whip now to join it. :p

the airflow is much more restricted than it was before when the intake was bigger, and there was a big gaping hole on the base.

as a result i have dialed it down to about 12:30-1:30 based on standard knob settings. i'm gonna re-adjust and set it back at exactly 12 though because i find that easiest for setup.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
weedemon said:
i just wanted to let you guys know my broken heater cover was replaced...
That's great! I found the covers with the slightly smaller holes always are a better "draw'. Glad your cookin' again!

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
ahh excellent :) i thought that might be why i can now use it on a lower temp than i was using before.

yep, the ssv is currently my favorite vape to use around the house. but i usually have 2 different vapes running at any time.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
weedemon said:
ahh excellent :)yep, the ssv is currently my favorite vape to use around the house. but i usually have 2 different vapes running at any time.
I respect that. My SSV has it's own room! :lol:
I found that when I order wands I have a preference too. Although all the wands semm to be the same total length, the placement of the ridge ( ripple- where the screen sits) differs ever so slightly.
Photoon2011-05-16at1606.jpg

I prefer the one on the left. I can put a bit more in the bigger one if I want, plus I can use my breath control to "conduct" air flow... and when I slow down, I have that extra tiny fraction of an inch that helps me never toast the top. I also get more room to stir my "portion" upward after 1st hit, while it is still "clingy" without any close spills!

Vitolo,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
weedemon said:
yep, it's one hell of a unit. :ko: super dense hits!
Yeah definitely, I didn't realize how good I had it until I tried some of my other friends vapes.

The only complaint I have is the new wand I ordered must be blown wrong or something. The tubing fits in it loosely, it just falls out pretty much and also when I'm inhaling the herb spins around in the wand, no matter what speed. It isn't me because I inhale the same speed with my other wand and the weed never moves. I've heard 7th Floor was having problems with their glassblowers so I guess it would make sense. Do you think it is worth getting hold of them about? I mean, I'd really like it replaced. It is pretty much unusable.

Cerpintaxtt,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hey everyone,

The tip/MOD with the NO2 gauze screen was from me :D and it was on the mouthpiece!
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=113527#p113527
And yes those 20 gauzes come very handy for any vapor connoisseur ...and I use them in many vapes for different MODs (the Oracle, the Vaaap, the SSV...)!

The tip to protect the tubing and your mouth, is from Sirprancelot:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=125395#p125395
And it is with the flat screens from the Vapir One (I think)...

And for the Arizer dome screen MOD (the conservative MOD):
Explanation:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=113298#p113298
Picture:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=113358#p113358

FLskwat,
Reactions: L o s

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo said:
sunsett70 said:
i have to add that i read a brilliant suggestion on this or the dbv thread to use the vapir no2 screen as a filter
I cant remember where I saw it ( here someplace, likely) the same concept, but not to save the tube, just your mouth. They even had an image ...one of the guys will see this and give us the link.
Thanks FLskwat :)

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
Vitolo said:
I found that when I order wands I have a preference too. Although all the wands seem to be the same total length, the placement of the ridge ( ripple- where the screen sits) differs ever so slightly.

I prefer the one on the left. I can put a bit more in the bigger one if I want, plus I can use my breath control to "conduct" air flow... and when I slow down, I have that extra tiny fraction of an inch that helps me never toast the top. I also get more room to stir my "portion" upward after 1st hit, while it is still "clingy" without any close spills!

ahh good eye.

I can see how that would make a difference to the hoots. nice pics to make it easy to understand :D

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
InFlames235 said:
Just 2 more weeks until my custom SSV! The excitement is building up!!
??? - Go Flamey.. it's ya birthday-?? :)
(I picture you surfing the web, looking at spare parts, thinking....)

Vitolo,

ManFlies352

Vitolo said:
InFlames235 said:
Just 2 more weeks until my custom SSV! The excitement is building up!!
??? - Go Flamey.. it's ya birthday-?? :)
(I picture you surfing the web, looking at spare parts, thinking....)

Oh man you have no idea. There are so many neat accessories and customizations with this thing that the fun never stops. Even after picking out what colors I thought I definitely wanted I ended up changing my mind a couple times and thankfully the customer service team is awesome and was able to help me out. I'm sure after I get it I'll be looking into all the extra goodies!

ManFlies352,
Top Bottom