VaporEyeSore

Have any of you used your ssv with a 12v car battery? What watt inverter did you use? Or do you know how much they draw? Im guessing its around the 50w area and thought a cheap 150w car cigarette lighter inverter would do the job but would still like to hear if anyone elde has done it allready.

VaporEyeSore,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
draws 25.5 watts I believe. I have always used a continuous 80w inverter with my DBV and it worked fine. I did have to turn it up a bit higher than I would for normal use but it worked fine after that.

aesthyrian,
Does anyone know the link to the defective silver surfers that they sell, I hear people talk about them on gc and other forums all the time but can't seem to find it on ebay or anywhere. thanks for any help, new to the community and really looking to purchase a silver surfer.

chocosmoke,

rayski

chocosmoke said:
Does anyone know the link to the defective silver surfers that they sell, I hear people talk about them on gc and other forums all the time but can't seem to find it on ebay or anywhere. thanks for any help, new to the community and really looking to purchase a silver surfer.
Right here!

rayski,

Vitolo

Vaporist
And I don't even think that is a "blemished" unit. It comes directly from 7th floor! Good price. That's what I paid for mine, and it was quite a while ago.
BTW If you have heard that customer service at 7th Floor has suffered, I wouldn't give it a second thought. You won't be needing them. This unit is solid!

Vitolo,
ya not sure if I am going to purchase one of those, or get my own custom, but I know for sure I am set on the silver surfer, I was about to get an extreme q or da buddha but everyone said to jump up and spend the extra cash since ill be happy with it for along time.

I am new to mmj and new to smoking in general, I only use for medical purposes, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and trying to get myself off pills and see if I can heal another way, I would like to use the vap 3-4 times daily, curious how long does a vape high last?

I post on gc as well and got some great info over there and they recommended me here.

appreciate that link as well

chocosmoke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chocosmoke-
I am a coma survivor. I am in constant pain (other complications as well).
In my opinion, the Vape high .. the feeling of well being lasts a bit longer.
It is not as heavy, or sleep provoking.
You can save the vaped weed and use it for edibles and other things that will allow you the benefit of further pain reduction as well. I use it for that daily.
The vape high is easier to "supplement". There is not to me any obvious "crash". I routinely have a vape session For discomfort of various types, about every 4 hours.
I do vape more often than every 4 hours, but 4 hours apart is the maximum I like to go. Vaping at those intervals, I have been "euphoric" for a year of almost purely vaping.
I can notice the uplift every time I vape, even if I do the next hit prior to feeling discomfort.
I guess I am saying that I feel reief for 4 hours, the first 2 after the vape being the most euphoric.
God Bless you. I am glad you are vaping, and that you are being so open here. These people care alot, they are not just a forum of "heads giggling about dope"
I wish you a Vapor Trail that leads you along a path of low pain, and high tolerance!

Vitolo,
decided to buy a brand new one from puffitup with the discount code, it was about a 30 dollar difference after shipping so just for the sake of having a new one vs a blemished and you dont even know the color or whats really bleshed figured it was worth it.

thanks everyone for the honest reviews in this entire thread, I have been searching for a vape for about 2 months and just using a water pipe the entire time. Really excited to receieve this and start my process of getting off prescribed pain killers.

I will be writing a review about how it affects my disease soon so if there are any others out there looking for information I will try my best.

Thanks,

Craig

chocosmoke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chocosmoke. I am so very excited for you. You will learn how great the SSV is and I for one can't wait for your review!

The following is not SSV specific- but a note to you chocosmoke!
Please don't be too hard on your body, and decrease pain meds slowly. I still must take some pain meds, but by vaporizing have decreased them drastically. First I got off of Morphine and went to a synthetic (Oxycontin).
I went from 80 mg twice a day, plus breathrough meds, to
60 twice a day....then to 40.....then to 30
My condition is severe, but I now only take 20 mg of oxycodone 2 X a day with only the Vapor of life as a breakthrough med
So... yes, get off the meds- but don't jump right away from all prescriptions given and solely vape.. or the discomforts, may make you say "hey this is not working".. and you wont be free to understand the relief vaping does give.
Just my recommendation... start vaping on top of your meds, and then decrease the narcotics gradually.
On days that I am going to be still, and do not have to move much, I skip my 20 mg of prescription totally and just vape (and eat ABV goodies)
p.s. I also have gotten off "Baclofen" a spasticity drug and keep my spasticity under control ONLY with Vapor!

Vitolo,
appreciate that advice, I took baclofen as well but they moved me to a different muscle relaxer right now. I will always have to take lyrica regardless and I take ambien for sleep since I rarely sleep because the pain can be so bad laying down on my neck. But appreciate that advice, I will def do what you just said and make sure its a slow process.

Glad to hear you also seem to be doing much better.

chocosmoke,

greystr0ke

On Friday one of the local head shops down here opened a new store about 5 minutes from my house so I decided to stop by and see what their vape selection was like. My MFLB has been killing my throat lately so I was looking for an SSV or a Volcano. I saw this one and instantly fell in love with it. I've been so out of it this whole weekend so I'm gonna have to do the review another time. I love this thing so much right now.

IMG_2788.jpg

greystr0ke,
really nice pickup, can't wait for mine to come,

question do you vaporbong? and if so, how does a regular pull taste without the bong? Does it make you choke or is it smooth? I do have a bong that I can hook it up to, was just curious how it is by itself

chocosmoke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have never tried a hit of vapor through water. The flavor of pure vapor from the SSV is fantastic and clean. You can learn to get as foggy of a blast as you like. So many of these other SSV guys swear by "VaporBonging". For as much time as I have used a vape, I am yet to experience this.

Vitolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
chocosmoke said:
really nice pickup, can't wait for mine to come,

question do you vaporbong? and if so, how does a regular pull taste without the bong? Does it make you choke or is it smooth? I do have a bong that I can hook it up to, was just curious how it is by itself

Regular pull without the bong = delish.
Hit with the bong = delish too (but slightly diminished) I like vaporbonging as it smooths it out a little, but also can give you deceptively huge hits.

IMO its nice to break out the bong on occasion when I have time to sit down and use it. Honestly, if I had my way just about ALL of my SSV activity would be through the bong - but its nice to have the option to hit the whip as well :)

AGBeer,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo said:
I have never tried a hit of vapor through water.

What?! :o

It is seriously something you should try, or at least consider if you own an appropriate bong for the job ;)
I do find that I can not hit it through the bong all the time though, I probably use a water piece only less then half of the time that I vape.

Its fun to use glass and see the vapor build up, like you might have seen in the last couple of videos I posted :cool:

I will not say that you cant get great hits without a bong either, they are both nice!

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:

OK, Just for fun, I made this just now.
  • dead center above label is the hole I melted with a lighter.
  • fill bottle 1/3 with water
  • stick SSV tubing in the water through the hole
  • use the bottles mouth to inhale the vapor.

Just for fun! :wave:
The Prune Juice Bubble Bong

Last edited:
Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
to the guys who ordered adn bought a new SSV congrats guys! your gonna like it! :)

with regards to vaporbonging, it's my fav way to hit my ssv.

when the screen is very clean, i can feel particulate of marijuana coming thought and into my mouth. personally that is why i cold my VB back in the day. I hated pulling chunks through.

when you bong it the water grabs the particles and i dont get em in my mouth. this is the main reason I like bonging it more.

when you bong it though it does do something to smooth out the taste. so on occasion i will still hit it without the bong. but id say that is rare. probably only 5% of the time am i using it without a bong attached

weedemon,

sunsett70

weedemon said:
when the screen is very clean, i can feel particulate of marijuana coming thought and into my mouth. personally that is why i cold my VB back in the day. I hated pulling chunks through.

yeah, that's why i use the vapir no2 as a 'condom' on the tube. great tip (from FLskwat and sirprancelot)but still need some drinking water cause you may get cotton mouth.

sunsett70,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for reminding me sunsett70 :) i remember read about that earlier, i should give it a go!

I also read about using another screen (cylindrical wire mesh) and stuffing it into the ends of the whip too. not tried em yet though as the water bong also does this for me.

weedemon,

ManFlies352

Does the vapor tamor really do anything? I would leave my SSV at home so keeping something in the freezer is not a massive inconvenience or anything but if it cools the vapor and perhaps helps with the scooby snacks problem then I might look into it

ManFlies352,
Top Bottom