sunsett70

weedemon said:
thanks for reminding me sunsett70 :) i remember read about that earlier, i should give it a go!

I also read about using another screen (cylindrical wire mesh) and stuffing it into the ends of the whip too. not tried em yet though as the water bong also does this for me.

that's thanks to FLskwat and sirprancelot for the idea. i think the vapir no2 unto the 'front' (where you insert the tubing into the hc) is more than enough for me to keep the particulates out of my mouth. but more than that, i like the fact that it keeps the tubing 'clean' for so much longer.

imo, vapir no2's design is more 'streamlined' to fit over the tube than that of the cylindrical wire mesh although they both play the same role and can work equally well.

sunsett70,

greystr0ke

Well, I've had some quality time with my new toy and figured I throw my review out there just for the hell of it.

A bit of background on my vaping history. I've had the pleasure of using the Supreme for the last four years on a consistent basis with both the whip, connected to glass, and even hooked up to a waterfall bong. I don't own it but it's my best friends so I use it a lot. By far was the hardest hitting and most satisfying vape I had used up until Saturday.

A year ago I purchased my first vape in the iolite. It satisfied my needs while at home and on the go but it began taking me three bowls to get where I wanted to be and 30-45 minutes later. Not very ideal when you need a quick, large hit or session. Not to mention it was taking anywhere from 5-30 clicks to get it to ignite. I still have it and it still works but it doesn't get used anymore.

I kept reading glowing review after review for the MFLB and was hesitant to invest in another portable mainly because I was scared it would still require multiple trenches and thought batteries would be cumbersome. I sure was wrong. I read the entire thread on here and picked one up along with some Powerex 2700's. The little guy has rocked my world and I absolutely love it for what it is... A portable vape. It gave me larger hits than the iolite, took less time and conserved bud like crazy. After strictly using this vape aside from hitting the glass every now and then, it was beginning to become really uncomfortable on my throat after all day usage.

I wanted a piece to hook directly up to my glass and one that would be better for party situations. I happened to come across the Herborizer at my LHS so I picked it up. It was the best two weeks of my life. And then I broke it and never replaced it. :( I didn't have the XL version so the hits I was getting weren't that huge, especially through my double perc Roor. The taste was the best I had ever experienced.

Fast forward to last Saturday. I went to check out a new store that opened near my house and walked in wanting a Volcano or an SSV. An SSV it was!
I happened to pick up my SSV with the Spherical heater cover. Not by choice but because it was all the headshop had. I loved the color combo and was being impatient so not a huge deal. In fact, I have no problems with it but I haven't used any of the other heater cover types so keep that in mind. They wanted $350 for it but they went down to $300. I figured I could get it cheaper online which I probably can if I look around but on the actual website this would cost around the same so that was a nice surprise.

Maybe it was because I had done my research but this was probably the easiest vape to use right off the bat. Mouthpiece and wand were extremely simple to hook up and there really isn't much to do after that. I turned it on full blast and saw the beautiful orange glow for the first time ever in person. We packed the wand and then dialed it back down to about 12 o clock. First hit and I was hooked!

The taste is amazing and I can't believe how smooth it is. I didn't even think I had gotten a hit until I exhaled and saw a huge cloud of vapor. The taste was very comparable to the Herborizer but I don't really know how the Herborizer tastes when used dry like the SSV. I've yet to try it below the 12 o clock position and beyond 3 o clock. I just have no need to yet. From what I've read, this seems to be the norm.

I really imagined this thing eating bud like crazy but I'm astonished at how little it's taking. I'd have to measure but it's definitely no more than it would take to pack a decent sized trench in the MFLB and it's definitely less than I had to pack in the Herborizer. I'm probably getting 8-10 huge rips out of that amount and could certainly push out a few more but I like to stop before the bud loses too much so I can make edibles. Friends have all been amazed how long bowls have been lasting when they take into consideration the size hits that this thing is producing consistently.

One thing that had always kind of bummed me out was my inablitly to share the portables in large group settings. I refused to pass the MFLB to more than 2 people and the iotlie gave such weak hits that it just wasn't worth the trouble. Even the Supreme is troublesome in larger settings. Not the SSV. I don't have to teach anyone any breathing techniques, how to press and hold a battery, etc. I just hold the wand and give them the whip and they all blow out clouds of dense vapor.

I've hooked it up to two pieces of glass so far. The Sheldon in the picture I originally posted and also with an 18 inch beaker Sheldon with an a/c. It worked a lot better with the smaller piece as did the Herborizer. When I ran it through the larger Sheldon with the a/c (probably unnecessary looking back on it), it took way to much effort to milk. I'll give the Roor a try in a little bit and try to get a video of the skim milk.

The SSV has become my new best friend. I couldn't be any happier with this investment and wouldn't hesitate to It's won everyone over who has used it and in the matter of 3 days and it's been used by a lot of people. lol

Sorry for dragging this out so long. Here's some more pics:

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

greystr0ke,

weedemon

enthusiast
i like the blue in your wand, and the dial on your surfer! pretty colours.

nice review man :) i agree the mflb is great for what it is. a portable vap :)

the ssv is my current best friend in the vap scene too! glad to hear you are enjoying it and im sure it's gonna last ya a long time.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Very nice! I know I must have said it someplace before, I have a bunch of vapes, but SSV is my favorite. He has his own room! :lol:

Vitolo,
greystroke,

thanks for the awesome review, makes me even more excited waiting for this vape, I am also thinkin about investing in a nice piece of glass, does it really make a difference to vapebong? I was thinkng of buying a bubbler or a smaller illadelph piece just for that use only.

Thanks again for that review.

chocosmoke,

weedemon

enthusiast
chocosmoke said:
I am also thinkin about investing in a nice piece of glass, does it really make a difference to vapebong?

yes it does. it mellows the hit a little bit, but as a result you can take an even bigger hit than before! It can be very surprising to see the size of the exhale after taking a rip!

the main reason i do it though is to stop/lessen the particulate.

weedemon,

greystr0ke

I'm gonna experiment some more tonight with vaporbonging. I wouldn't say that it's absolutely necessary to vaporbong with the SSV but it's a nice change up from hitting the whip. A small piece would be ideal for it. I have a feeling the Roor is gonna be to much diffusion and volume for the SSV but we'll see later. If you think the hits you get from the whip are large, just wait till you hook it up to a nice bong. Either way, the hits are so smooth.

greystr0ke,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There was a post in here somewhere in which someone used these little 'mini screens' of sorts inbetween the mouthpiece/tubing that eliminated even MORE of the particulate when hitting it without water. Ill have to search for it, but even a piece of gauze or cotton can be used to help this as well.

AGBeer,

sunsett70

the 'mini screens' i use are vapir no2. and i use them inbetween the tubing/wand (instead of inbetween the mouthpiece/tubing), to keep particulates out and the tube cleaner. i guess an additional screen inbetween the mouthpiece/tubing wouldn't hurt.

sunsett70,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well the truth is out---> I don't own a camera. All the videos and photo's I do here are done with my Imac cam. I just get carefully focused shots. I say this because I can not do this picture justice.
My SSV is not new. Black, with metallic green base, with greenish blue swirl custom knob.
In the image you will see my original SSV pick! It is a Teddy Bear whose color matches the HC.
Reason for picture now:
I just got the aroma top. It works so damn well.. I can't tell you.
Photoon2011-05-25at1749.jpg

This is also a compliment for Vape World, because they sell all SSV supplies, offer discount codes, and never charge shipping even on tiny orders. I ordered this yesterday before lunch. I received the package at 3:00 P.M. today.
Not the clearest of pictures, but you get the idea!

Vitolo,

VaporEyeSore

Vitolo said:
Very nice! I know I must have said it someplace before, I have a bunch of vapes, but SSV is my favorite. He has his own room! :lol:

Sorry but everytime i read this it makes me laugh and jelous at the same time. I have visions of you Vitolo taking of your shoes and doing prostrations and mantras before entering and enjoying. :lol:

VaporEyeSore,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
If anyone is headed to Wakarusa next week; we will have a booth there, are raffling a lot of vapes, and its a great opportunity to connect with us!

Vapetologist,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSV Chris said:
If anyone is headed to Wakarusa next week; we will have a booth there, are raffling a lot of vapes, and its a great opportunity to connect with us!
Untitled.jpg

I am so sad.. wish I could go and look at the great stuff I know you'll have (and enter the raffle too!)
Have fun! ;)

Vitolo,

technique

Hi all,

Im new to this site but had to log in and share my experiance.

Just received my SSV from 7th Floor them selves and let me tell you it is the greatest vape i have used by far, i love the intimate experience i get from directing the air flow from my standard heater cover.

The real reason i signed up was to tell you about 7th floor, they are very professional ppl. I was so excited to get my vape i ordered and had change of hearts for the next three days in terms of colour and engraving. The good people at SSV put up with a good 5 changes i made and never made me feel like i was taking the mick( which i was really)

On arrival the vape looked perfect, they had the knob, heater cover and the marbel pick selected to match my colours perfectly but one of my wands seemed a little off when used it, vapeing at higher temps( a slight blemish in glass not very noticeable until searched for so they would not have known) lucky i ordered two lol.

either way they are sending me a replacement wand and some goodies for the trouble, that is more then i could have asked for.

This is not only my favorite vape ( beating volcano, extreme tower, hotbox, Vape-or-smoke, vapor brothers and vapir which are the vapes i have tried or own) but my favorite company, very very professional.

technique,

weedemon

enthusiast
glad to hear your experience in dealing with them went well :)

also congrats on the SSV and joining FC! :) if you are into vapin, which it sounds you are... you found the right place to be! :)

what colour and custom mods did you do it it? may we see an image ?

weedemon,

technique

Thanks i love it too lol.

It came with a red bag to match my set, i didnt know they sent them to match so thats a nice surprise and i got the hands free kit that now comes with rubber feet to stop it damaging the inside of the unit.

vitolo i got the aroma top as well and was wondered what sort of temp you were using yours at as they recommend not to go over half with it. i vape around 2 - 2:30 on a clock face and was unsure if it was safe.

technique,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
As per the suggestion of a 7th Floor rep a while back... Ive seen people comment that they vape at X'oclock or X'Thirty and they vary. What I did as per their suggestion was find my sweet spot. (It took a few sesh's) then pull the knob and put it back on in the 12'oclock position. It makes getting it ready a breeze, as I no longer have to eyeball my position on the knob. Set it to 'high' noon and its at the perfect vape temp every time! :brow:

Keep on vapin!

AGBeer,

technique

^^ thats a great idea and i will try that but still doesnt answer the question of whether the aroma top is safe at vapeing temp

technique,

havock69

I would say no. Half way is not going to be hot enough to Vape. At least not any clouds.

havock69,

Vitolo

Vaporist
technique said:
^^ thats a great idea and i will try that but still doesnt answer the question of whether the aroma top is safe at vapeing temp
The aroma top is safe at vaping temp.. be sure it is not leaning to hard against the HC. I have had my aroma top on at vape temp for 2 days now, and it gets hot, but not too hot to touch or to move with bare hands.
I vape on SSV at 12 noon position (factory set), sometimes even lower and get clouds. Occasionally I ahve gone to 12:30 on the dial, but rarely, and for moist herb.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom