Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
jr wolf said:
http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/82614d8c3b6a4652ba9b823c599e7ac8/l.jpg

Wow!
You can never guess how excited I was when I opened the box and saw this note.
Giggling like a school-girl....still....almost 24 hrs later.
I have inspected this closely and looked for flaws.
...none...
the black comes out a sweet black cherry color in the sunlight.
Thank you so much 7th floor!
Truly great product & below is a pic of all the extras included in my package.
The only thing you can't see is the nice SSV shirt I had tried on & forgot to remove for the pic.

Opted for the traditional glass instead of the spherical ground glass after reading through this forum. Think it hits very well. Like it better than hitting the standard ground glass, which my friend has. Though, really, either one is a great product.

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/eb8d1cb5c9ea4da2a7a187e8418fe3c4/l.jpg

Feel ok now.
Shipwreck's awesome rainbow zen is no longer giving me jealousy issues...
:lol:
I'm jealous that you have the FIRST customer created Silver Surfer.
Yours can never be replaced.

Shipwreck,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Instead of using the pokey tool which can make holes in the screen easily, just use a reasonably thick bristled brush to clean the screen after each bowl. i use the brush that came with my MFLB and it just takes a few quick brushes and blowing out the whip to keep my screen crystal clear

TwztedVaper,

THuuN

Can you help me find technical specs for this unit? Im curious as to warm up time and herb vaporization efficiency. Looking to buy a new vape

THuuN,
Just ordered a Zen from 7th Floor on ebay, one of the blemished models. I have the EQ & its a nice unit, I've had the SSV on the brain even before I got the Q, so it will be nice to compare the two, the one I ordered is the hands free connection, anybody know if theres any difference in the two connections other than the obvious?

Thanks...

Davy Jones,

105sixteen

Hi guys, I picked up an SSV a few months ago after some browsing around this forum. I took a few pictures when I first received the unit and figured I may as well post them now.

1202002343.jpg

1202002344.jpg

1202002345a.jpg

1202002349.jpg

1202002347.jpg

Took a couple pictures today as well with my tube which I've started using with the vape.

PhotoMar1123232PM.jpg

PhotoMar1123217PM.jpg

105sixteen,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
THuuN said:
Can you help me find technical specs for this unit? Im curious as to warm up time and herb vaporization efficiency. Looking to buy a new vape

Warm up is ~5-7 minutes til you start pulling good vapor. Some people crank it up full blast for a couple of minutes then dial it back to the sweet spot. As far as vaporization efficency, you can keep slowly raising the temp until you begin to combust (if you choose) When I vape in the SSV my herb gets DARK.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lately I've just been setting my dial to 12 o'clock and I'm is ready to go within a minute or so. No need to turn it high to get the ABV really dark or combust, inhaling slowly does the job just as well.

OhTheAgony,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OhTheAgony said:
Lately I've just been setting my dial to 12 o'clock and I'm is ready to go within a minute or so. No need to turn it high to get the ABV really dark or combust, inhaling slowly does the job just as well.

Yep, I use a modified SSV with Q elbow screen and that's what I do: 12 o'clock for 1 mn., then dicrease at minimum temp (9:00, this is only because of the mod.). First hit after 1 mn has already this crazy thickness we all love in our surfers! ;)

FLskwat,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
105sixteen said:
Hi guys, I picked up an SSV a few months ago after some browsing around this forum. I took a few pictures when I first received the unit and figured I may as well post them now.

Nice pics and welcome to the forum.

Crazy-looking heating element you have there - glowing pink/purple? Mine is the standard orangey/red of things that are 'hot' if you know what I mean.

Nice wand too - the SSV stamp on my wand is much smaller and just imprinted into the glass. Unfortunately if you hold it in a certain way it just looks like it reads ASS instead :lol:

wilf789,

Cleanfiend

The element's color in 105sixteen's photo is due to his camera's white balance meter trying to make sense of the glowing red/white light with darkness all around it.

haha, never saw the 'ass' until you just mentioned it

Cleanfiend,

upriver

combustion-free
Cleanfiend said:

My biggest complaint about the SSV is their damn logo on everything. Luckily, I scored 2 whips that are plain but they sent out my 3rd (a replacement for a bunged order) and it has the giant ASS logo on it.

Its also kept me from ordering any of their other parts - like the Vapor Tamer.

I know its not just SSV - almost all glass companies are putting logos on their stuff now. It would really be nice if they would offer plain varieties... I am not going to spend $400 on some fancy piece of glassware that says SOVEREIGNTY or ILLADELPH in giant letters. Whether I vape for medical relief or for personal relaxation, it is never for showing the world what type of glassware I have chosen to purchase.

SSV if you are reading this, some of us just like to use your products, not advertise with every hit. Offer un-ASSed Vapor Tamers and I might try one...

upriver,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So just a little report on a new usage of the Q dome screen mod:

I received some spare dome screens (6 to be exact). So I decided to use one exclusively for concentrates.
DAMN THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!

In fact as the SSV can go so much futher in temp. vs. other vapes, this was pure heaven.

So I tested with Caramela Cream, Indian Charras and pressed Khief (all 100% alone, no ABV mix)...OMG... The mesh basket screens are awesome: the concentrates don't mess anything and I was able to vape all 3 till their last point (when the only remains left are dry crums of carbone + vegetal material) before combustion! A REAL TREAT!
As the hash is closer to the heater but yet not in contact with the glass walls everything went perfectly right: no mess, big hits of flavored resinous vape, and so easy to clean/switch!!!!

FLskwat,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Cleanfiend said:

I showed a friend of mine my SSV for the first time awhile ago; my wand has the logo as well. He asked me why it said ass on it. He saw it upside down.

Otherwise, I would've never noticed it myself.

It is pretty funny though.

Nuphile,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Nuphile said:
Cleanfiend said:

I showed a friend of mine my SSV for the first time awhile ago; my wand has the logo as well. He asked me why it said ass on it. He saw it upside down.

Otherwise, I would've never noticed it myself.

It is pretty funny though.

I've been scratching my head for a day or two trying to figure out WTF everyone meant about the ass logo...now i get it...lol, couldn't stop laughing when i read your post nuphile..."why does it say ass on it!?" lol

Purpl3_Haz3,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
Just pulled the trigger and ordered my ssv from 7thfloor's ebay as a blemished item. Has anyone else ordered this way? I'm so excited. :D

Cerpintaxtt,

PoopMachine

Hammerzeit said:
My SSV lives again! :D :brow: :cool:
http://i.imgur.com/NATr0.jpg
It was missing the spacer when I got it; but thats all fixed now. :D I'm not sure what is supposed to be in the little bag - two small curved lengths of metal. Extra spacer?

Theyre shims that go in between the spacer and glass heater cover. Over time your spacer is going to loosen up, you can use those shims to tighten it.

PoopMachine,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cerpintaxtt said:
Just pulled the trigger and ordered my ssv from 7thfloor's ebay as a blemished item. Has anyone else ordered this way? I'm so excited. :D

Congrats, I got one of the blemished models as well. It has a little scratch but otherwise it's great.

Would you do me the favor of posting your blemish as well as the base color when it arrives?

OhTheAgony,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
OhTheAgony said:
Cerpintaxtt said:

Congrats, I got one of the blemished models as well. It has a little scratch but otherwise it's great.

Would you do me the favor of posting your blemish as well as the base color when it arrives?

Yeah no problem. How long did it take from your order for it to ship and since it doesn't come with the bag how was the packaging? How is the blemish on your model?

Cerpintaxtt,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Mine shipped in a day or so, got here after about two weeks. Not to bad considering dutch customs sat on it for a good week. I ordered the bag with it separately and it was packed in that.

The blemish isn't to bad, a thin scratch about an inch in length above the power light. I can only see it if I pick up the unit and look at it closely. I got myself a black one btw, it came with a silver base.

OhTheAgony,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
OhTheAgony said:
Mine shipped in a day or so, got here after about two weeks. Not to bad considering dutch customs sat on it for a good week. I ordered the bag with it separately and it was packed in that.

The blemish isn't to bad, a thin scratch about an inch in length above the power light. I can only see it if I pick up the unit and look at it closely. I got myself a black one btw, it came with a silver base.

Well hopefully my shipping time will be a little better since I'm here in the states. Nice, however I understand that doesn't really determine how mine is going to be as they're all different. Still makes me feel good though. :lol:

Cerpintaxtt,
Got the Zen from them, shipped on...I think Friday & got to my house on the eastcoast Monday morning, freakin awesome. It has a tan base, seems like maybe a slight residue of glue around the knob, like a finger print perhaps, but I had to look extreme hard to see it, otherwise its just an SSV without the bag. I just got the EQ a couple weeks earlier, its nice, but it doesnt do it for me like the SSV does, I love it. Oh, the one I got is the hands free connection, I just packed one on the full side, 3/4 & it went forever with two of us pulling on it, she likes to get close to combustion I think.

But anyway, no worries, they were fantastic to me in emails, A+. Plus the SSV is sweet, I cant stop looking at it while I'm hitting it, & vice versa.

Enjoy...:peace:

Davy Jones,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Davy Jones said:
Got the Zen from them, shipped on...I think Friday & got to my house on the eastcoast Monday morning, freakin awesome. It has a tan base, seems like maybe a slight residue of glue around the knob, like a finger print perhaps, but I had to look extreme hard to see it, otherwise its just an SSV without the bag. I just got the EQ a couple weeks earlier, its nice, but it doesnt do it for me like the SSV does, I love it. Oh, the one I got is the hands free connection, I just packed one on the full side, 3/4 & it went forever with two of us pulling on it, she likes to get close to combustion I think.

But anyway, no worries, they were fantastic to me in emails, A+. Plus the SSV is sweet, I cant stop looking at it while I'm hitting it, & vice versa.

Enjoy...:peace:
Zen really is the best color I think.

Shipwreck,
Top Bottom