• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL

Ive accidentally combusted on more than one occasion in my SSV (little burn spots) but never full on flamage. Damn bro... Give that guy a serious alcohol bath. Your wand I would not be *too* concerned with the taste - its the tubing that it will be difficult to get out.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I cut off the worse piece of the tube and flushed the rest out with warm water, lots of warm water, after a vodka soak&shake. Cleaned the bowl part of the wand completely and put in a new screen, but left the rest as it was after two rinses with vodka. There's a few grams of wand hash in there I was holding off on salvaging for over a month now and I'm just not ready to trash it yet. The heater cover seems fine so I'm not touching that for now. So far things seem good, funny vodka taste with mah vapour though :lol:

Been a while since smoke went in to my lungs btw, I kinda liked it.. :uhoh:

OhTheAgony,

weed_

Hey guys can I please ask, from experience do 7th floor like dealing with customers of resellers at all?? Im asking because I fall into that category as I ordered a Black SSV through a reseller, "allstarwholesale" over 3 weeks ago now. When I paid they said theres going to be 90% chance of a 3 weeks backorder because its black on black with Australian plug and has to be custom built etc, which was fine but they now just informed me through a email "The manufacturer has told us it maybe be up to 3 more weeks until they complete our order."..

I dont know what to do. I dont really want to take a refund because I have my heart set on the black one and 7th floor only have silver, pink or red 220v SSV;s on ebay right now that I could afford (silver being the only colour with the aussie plug the rest are 220v with EURO plugs).. And At this stage even if I order a black one from their website (from what I understand) its going to be another 3 weeks wait anyways..

I have lurked here unregistered for a few months and Although hard to believe I have read every single post on this particular thread, looked at every single picture and honestly it was this thread alone that directed me towards getting a SSV over any other one, I dont mind the whole having to wait but I just wish I knew what was going on and if they were being straight with me...

I also dont know if I emailed 7th floor directly if they would (understandably) tell me to deal with the reseller and leave them alone or if theyd be happy to help.?

I originally wanted to direct the entire post @ SSVRichard but like i said in the above statement I dont think its entirely fair and for all I know they might not appreciate it as I am not 'technically' one of their customers...

Please help me im at a loss..

weed_,

Hammerzeit

edit: wrong thread ahahaha

My standard heater cover whip adaptor...thing came today. When I ordered I thought it was the standard heater cover/wand set up - but it was GonG. Puffitup sent me a normal wand instead of the adaptor by mistake, let me keep it, and now all I need is a standard heater cover. :brow:

Think I'd be able to find one at the local headshop?

Hammerzeit,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Took a better pic, sun was just right.
High on that AK right now, riding the wave!
IMAG0275.jpg

Shipwreck,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Not only is the color amazing but I also noticed you had the chemical structure of THC engraved on the front!! :o Thats really something special.

HighSti,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
mlo4sho said:
Sexy SSV. That the Zen version?
Yes, that is the Zen color.
The knob is amazing, they colorized it like a mushroom.

I thought hard about what would make my surfer MINE and I wanted to put the THC chemical compound on it :)
I get a lot of compliments on how it looks.

Shipwreck,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Shipwreck said:
mlo4sho said:
Sexy SSV. That the Zen version?
Yes, that is the Zen color.
The knob is amazing, they colorized it like a mushroom.

I thought hard about what would make my surfer MINE and I wanted to put the THC chemical compound on it :)
I get a lot of compliments on how it looks.

Your surfer looks beautiful! Browsing and coming across pics of yours has inspired me to possibly invest in my own ssv

Purpl3_Haz3,

weed_

edit:typos, grammar, wording.....

So I just found out in email...

"7th Floor ships everything to a distributor in San Francisco. All retailers on the West Coast are forced to buy directly from them since they are an "exclusive distributor".

And yes, believe it or not, they told us on the DAY OF SHIPMENT that we were only getting 25% of our order. This is after delaying our shipment 3+ weeks. They've told us that our order should be 100% filled by 3 weeks from now. Whether that means they are going to partial ship or just ship everything out at once, I have no idea.."

So its been on order for over three weeks, I dont know whats going on, neither does the reseller 'allstarwholesales' and the only people who do know (head change) tell them on the day of the order that "oops theres only 25% of it in here".....!!!! WTF!!! How could a company fail to mention this when they were actually called earlier that same week re. the same order..???

I just want to know why is it that "Head Change Distributors" is sooooooo bloody slow on filling orders...???? Why have I had to wait 3 weeks, to be told by them (and on the orders due date mind you),, "oh yeah might be another 3 weeks"....?

I think I should just take your advice and call 7th floor directly regarding this..

This whole situation has been causing me to combust quite alot more than usual which I was hoping to have stopped by now, theres no way I want to wait another 3 weeks not knowing if I will be told, once again, oh you have to wait another 3 weeks....

But hey apparently theres a bright side to the whole thing...

"On the bright side, there are other customers faring worse than you. We have Da Buddha customers still waiting from January."

weed_,

Mindcntrlpankak

Vapor Connoisseur
Woo! finally registered here.

I'm a previous owner of a Da Buddha, current owner of a MFLB, and in a few days a SSV!

I cannot wait :D

Good to see you over here shipwreck :lol:

Mindcntrlpankak,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
weed said:
edit:typos, grammar, wording.....

So I just found out in email...

"7th Floor ships everything to a distributor in San Francisco. All retailers on the West Coast are forced to buy directly from them since they are an "exclusive distributor".

And yes, believe it or not, they told us on the DAY OF SHIPMENT that we were only getting 25% of our order. This is after delaying our shipment 3+ weeks. They've told us that our order should be 100% filled by 3 weeks from now. Whether that means they are going to partial ship or just ship everything out at once, I have no idea.."

So its been on order for over three weeks, I dont know whats going on, neither does the reseller 'allstarwholesales' and the only people who do know (head change) tell them on the day of the order that "oops theres only 25% of it in here".....!!!! WTF!!! How could a company fail to mention this when they were actually called earlier that same week re. the same order..???

I just want to know why is it that "Head Change Distributors" is sooooooo bloody slow on filling orders...???? Why have I had to wait 3 weeks, to be told by them (and on the orders due date mind you),, "oh yeah might be another 3 weeks"....?

I think I should just take your advice and call 7th floor directly regarding this..

This whole situation has been causing me to combust quite alot more than usual which I was hoping to have stopped by now, theres no way I want to wait another 3 weeks not knowing if I will be told, once again, oh you have to wait another 3 weeks....

But hey apparently theres a bright side to the whole thing...

"On the bright side, there are other customers faring worse than you. We have Da Buddha customers still waiting from January."

They actually said that? I could understand a "if it's any consolation, there are customers waiting on orders from January as well..." or something along those lines, maybe.

May just be me, but it just seems like a kind of harsh reply from a distributor... :2c:

Purpl3_Haz3,

weed_

The exact paragraph read

"Sorry this became such a big mess. On the bright side, there are other customers faring worse than you. We have Da Buddha customers still waiting from January."

That is exactly what they said....

weed_,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Mindcntrlpankak said:
Woo! finally registered here.

I'm a previous owner of a Da Buddha, current owner of a MFLB, and in a few days a SSV!

I cannot wait :D

Good to see you over here shipwreck :lol:
Hi there GC friend :)

And to purple haze, I strongly suggest you buy one if you're interested in one of the highest quality vapes on the market.
Surfers are pretty much indestructible, i mean the glass could break but it would have take a heavy beating because the glass is thick.

All of the glass parts can be replaced too so there's pretty much no reason for this unit to stop functioning for years to come.

Plus the vapor tastes CLEAN, all you taste is the herb.
About one bowl will do you good.

Shipwreck,
Hey guys, first post but I've been a long-time vaporizer user. They're definitely my favorite way to partake!

First vaporizer was a vaporbox (hands-free), basically a knock-off of the vaporbrothers.

Just recently got a silver surfer and I love it! I have the spherical ground glass wand/glass piece and I've noticed that it gets clogged extremely quickly! My old vaporbox had a much larger diameter wand piece that could hold a lot more herb and it took weeks to clog severely. My silver surfer takes between 6 and a dozen bowls before its somewhat clogged (and its severely clogged by two dozen bowls). I notice the herb gets burnt much more easily when its very clogged because the air can't move through the chamber as quickly so its hotter as it hits the top of the herb closest to the heating element.

Anyone with a standard or hands free whip- are these any better? The pictures are small on the website but it appears that the hole for the screens is the same size so I'm guessing the same problem exists with those?

I've tried turning up the temp a whole lot and hitting it dry but its not very efficient at clearing the clogged screen.

I'm guessing my options are either buy more screens and change them out often or to soak the end of the whip in rubbing alcohol often...

partcleguy,

max

Out to lunch
partcleguy said:
it gets clogged extremely quickly
The vast majority of vaporizer screens do not get clogged quickly IF you'll take the time to scrape out the remains with a pointed tool. The stir tool provided by 7th Floor is excellent for this. If you just dump out the ABV and then load a fresh bowl, there will be vaped remains (ABV) on the screen and it will tend to worse with every bowl. I've been using an SSV on a regular basis for years, and the wand glass ends up needing to be cleaned long before the screen does. By scraping the screen after every bowl, it stays clean for a long time. I've even cleaned the wand a few times with the same old screen in place.

I have the spherical ground glass wand/glass piece
I have the standard connection and wand, but have also used the DBV. Clearing the DBV screen the same as I do with the SSV worked just as well, so I don't think the spherical setup would be any different. If you'll try using your stir tool on the screen after each bowl, I think you'll find that it stays clear and won't need replacing or cleaning with ISO very often at all.

max,
Ok, first off thanks for the fast reply!

I have been scraping the bottom lately but I didn't spend too much time on it. I don't really like the stir tool they made because the sharp end gets stuck in the holes of the screen. I've been using the one that came with the vaporbox because it has a spoon on the end that's excellent for picking up little pieces of herb left after a bowl without getting stuck in the screen.

Do you literally poke the sharp end of the stir tool through the tiny holes in the screen to keep the holes open or is that just excessive?

partcleguy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It sounds like you're pushing the poker to hard. Just rasping it back and forth across and around the edges of the screen a couple of times should be enough to get stuff loose. I always pull the tube out of the wand after each emptied bowl and blow through it hard from each end once to clean it out good. You can make screens last for months this way if you want to.

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
OhTheAgony said:
Just rasping it back and forth across and around the edges of the screen a couple of times should be enough to get stuff loose.
:tup:

partcleguy said:
I've been using the one that came with the vaporbox because it has a spoon on the end that's excellent for picking up little pieces of herb left after a bowl without getting stuck in the screen.
As OhTheAgony said, don't push/dig with the point, just scrape. A lot of material, expecially around the edges of the screen, will pop loose and you can knock it/blow it out. I never have a problem with the point penetrating the screen because I just scrape the surface. A tool with a spoon on the end will tend to push some material into the screen and you could just make it worse.

Do you literally poke the sharp end of the stir tool through the tiny holes in the screen to keep the holes open or is that just excessive?
No. You shouldn't have to clear holes by poking through with the stir tool. Some quick scraping should pop the remaining herb right off the screen and you can shake it out/blow it out/whatever.

max,

Tuck

After I scrape, I turn up my ssv and, using my bong, I'll will pull pretty hard to try to get anything that's on the back of the screen.

oh and another trick you can try is use the poker to rotate the screen. That will help break up stuff on the perimeter of the screen.

Tuck,

jr wolf

l.jpg

Wow!
You can never guess how excited I was when I opened the box and saw this note.
Giggling like a school-girl....still....almost 24 hrs later.
I have inspected this closely and looked for flaws.
...none...
the black comes out a sweet black cherry color in the sunlight.
Thank you so much 7th floor!
Truly great product & below is a pic of all the extras included in my package.
The only thing you can't see is the nice SSV shirt I had tried on & forgot to remove for the pic.

Opted for the traditional glass instead of the spherical ground glass after reading through this forum. Think it hits very well. Like it better than hitting the standard ground glass, which my friend has. Though, really, either one is a great product.

l.jpg

Feel ok now.
Shipwreck's awesome rainbow zen is no longer giving me jealousy issues...
:lol:

jr wolf,
Top Bottom