FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha Weedemon: Excellent combo you have there: SSV/Cano/MF... Full autonomy in any situation!
Enjoy your precious SSV man! ;)

FLskwat,

Tuck

Sublimation said:
Tuck said:
That looks precarious. Have you tried about a foot of tubing and letting the ssv sit normally?
I find it to be quite a solid setup providing that you aren't prone to dropping things out of your hands while you're inhaling. The first week of owning my SSV I indeed did have it sitting on my desk with a foot of vinyl tubing. I didn't really like that the vapor had to take the time to travel through a foot of tubing before reaching my Ice Chamber and I also noticed by the end of the week that the tube had collected a lot of material from vaping so I decided to get rid of the tubing entirely for more direct hits.

You should check out the LSV from 7th floor, when you get the itch to buy your next vaporizer. I think it would suit you very well.

Tuck,
Tuck said:
You should check out the LSV from 7th floor, when you get the itch to buy your next vaporizer. I think it would suit you very well.

Totally man, I remember when 7th floor announced that they were coming out with a new portable vaporizer for fall 2010. A vapor bud of mine ordered one the first week they were out and I use his LSV + Ice Chamber setup whenever I'm over at his place. It's definitely a top notch unit that produces nice, quick hits with a very clean, pure flavor. I have yet to try it with just the transfer wand alone though. I have plans to complete my 7th floor vaporizer collection this summer by picking up an LSV. :)

Sublimation,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks man, i'm looking forward to trying it out. I still have the good ole PD commin too!

FLskwat said:
Haha Weedemon: Excellent combo you have there: SSV/Cano/MF... Full autonomy in any situation!

I was really torn between the ground glass or the standard fitting.

i even emailed them asking for a change, but then after reading more of this thread i changed my mind again :p haha

Apparently it shipped today so that's pretty awesome, even after i had been pestering about changes. :) I kinda suspected that buying from a reseller and not going directly form the source was best. esp since i have heard kinda scary things about the customer service. fingers crossed i never have to use CS. :p and if i do i will the the PHONE! :D

I hope the glass dial as either blue or green in it... fingers crossed :D

weedemon,
Thats another thing I love about the SSV, I have the ground glass hands free, but just ordered the SGG connection, & might order the standard connection next.

Davy Jones,

Absinthe

L'Enfant Terrible
FLskwat said:
Beautiful piece Absinthe :cool: ...BTW is "l'Enfant Terrible qui boit de l'absinthe" by any chance coming from "notre Douce France"...sorry not my business right, I love knowing there are more fellow vapists around here...:D ?

Thanks! Sorry to disappoint, but I am not from France. "l'Enfant Terrible" is my nod to the French poet, Arthur Rimbaud. ^^

upriver said:
Beautiful green finish! One thing that I haven't fully come to terms with is why the business end (where you connect the whip) is on the opposite side of the knob that someone puts so much effort into. I keep mine on a shelf, so the knob is essentially invisible.

Thanks, I love the color as well! Though I'm still waiting for the part from 7thFloor, once I'm able to affix the glass heating element cover to the Surfer, I'll post a pic of the "business end" ;)

Absinthe,

PoopMachine

weedemon said:
thanks man, i'm looking forward to trying it out. I still have the good ole PD commin too!

FLskwat said:

I was really torn between the ground glass or the standard fitting.

i even emailed them asking for a change, but then after reading more of this thread i changed my mind again :p haha

Apparently it shipped today so that's pretty awesome, even after i had been pestering about changes. :) I kinda suspected that buying from a reseller and not going directly form the source was best. esp since i have heard kinda scary things about the customer service. fingers crossed i never have to use CS. :p and if i do i will the the PHONE! :D

I hope the glass dial as either blue or green in it... fingers crossed :D

I have the ground glass kit, the standard kit and the hands free ground glass kit. The hands free wand really kind of sucks. Its OKAY but the wand kind of tips down and on many occasions Ive had gravity help me out when I didnt want it to. I dont know why they didnt make the wand end up at a 90 degree angle instead of pointing down. The DBV sits at a 90...

Anyways, I kind of prefer the standard kit. I think it heats better. The fatty wand is also a huge improvement. Right now I have the SGG kit on the vape because the other wands are too dirty to use and I have cleaned them.

PoopMachine,

weedemon

enthusiast
PoopMachine said:
I kind of prefer the standard kit. I think it heats better. The fatty wand is also a huge improvement. Right now I have the SGG kit on the vape because the other wands are too dirty to use and I have cleaned them.

I`m gald to hear after reading this thread to see you also back this claim up. :) i think i made the right choice.

the sgg is better for bong hits i gather? For now im happy to get used to the classic and take it form here!

I did buy some tygon tubing though. i googled for it under Canadian sites and i found a lot of USA sites would not ship medical grade tubing to me. 20 bucks for 7 feet. should be good for a while. :) With that I hope :p

In class we learned about how tygon was a preferred material for it`s low reactivity with chemicals for sampling with environmental sampling equipment.

weedemon,

PoopMachine

The only wand better for bong hits is the hands free GG one and like I said, Ive had that thing fall out and dump a full load on wherever we happen to be using it. Nothing ruins the night faster.

The SGG is a nice kit but i dont see where it has any advantage over the standard kit. You still have to hold it.

PoopMachine,

PoopMachine

weedemon said:
gotcha :) man i`m glad we have a forum like this to learn from one another!

You and I have almost the exact same weapons in our arsenal. I also have a Volcano, a MFLB, a SSV, a N02 and somewhere I have an ioLite.. not sure where its at right at the moment.

My SSV is my daily driver. I suspect its going to be replaced when the Cloud comes out. Im also mulling over an Oracle. I dont think Im ever going to get my Volcano back and I really like the convenience of a bag vape and I think right now Id choose The Oracle over the Volcano.

PoopMachine,

weedemon

enthusiast
I liked my Vporbrothers back in the day, and i`m pretty excited to try this one out too! (my first good vape exp after getting burned with a BC back in the day)

I haven`t used my bong in ages and it`s just sitting there. I cleaned my mini zong bong and i discovered my bong already has a diffused stem! that was a really nice surprise. I also heard a guy on here say he was gonna put beads in there with the water. i think that`s a genius idea! Of course it will split up the bubbles allowing more contact with water to take out any particles that made it though!

I`m not familiar with the oracle or the cloud. got lots more reading to do i see. Atm i am afraid to :p haha. No more spending on toys for a while :p Gotta focus on things to fill the toys with! :p

weedemon,

PoopMachine

If your bongs have a 14mm downstem, you dont even need an adapter to run the SSV through them. The hose fits perfectly. I hate the adapters. They add weight to the hose and while they're great when you get them, after a while, the glass on glass friction polishes them to where they are really slick and then they tend to fall out all the time. I ditched mine and went to putting the hose in the downstem.. I like that method much better.

PoopMachine,

weedemon

enthusiast
heh awesome :) it is!

and my stem is not ground glass either so i would question how well the 2 parts would mate.

weedemon,

RGNSUP

So what is everyone's main use with the SSV, such as connection and end piece:

I use the standard W/HC and always go through my LW-10 arm bub or my HiSi Jr.

I keep meaning to buy the GG W/HC to get better hits.

RGNSUP,

max

Out to lunch
Better hits with a GG connection? Generally smoother I'd say. More predictable for sure. But better? You'd have to define what better means to you.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
max said:
Better hits with a GG connection? Generally smoother I'd say. More predictable for sure. But better? You'd have to define what better means to you.

How do you mean more predictable Max? Like as in less chance of outside air getting in with the tighter seal? Just wondering. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

RGNSUP

IAmKrazy2 said:
max said:

How do you mean more predictable Max? Like as in less chance of outside air getting in with the tighter seal? Just wondering. Thanks.

Very true Max. When I said better, I meant bigger hits with the glass. From using both connections with just mouthpiece, the GG hits much harder. I've yet to try GG with glass but from my observations with the mouthpiece, I hypothesized that I would get bigger, harder hits with GG through glass.

Wowww... hope that made sense. I've been using my SSV and 10 arm luke! :D

RGNSUP,

rabican

I have both GG and standard. I used the GG for the first week then switched to standard for the past year. I love the standard but im purchasing a very nice (robin hood) bubbler and want to make sure i dont break it so i want both hands on the bubbler not one on the wand and one on the glass (like before)...

I switched it last night to the GG and im really impressed. It hit really well, thick full pulls without the trouble of holding the wand.

I need to use it abit longer to confirm this but after last nights session im convinced if your using your ssv with glass the GG is prob best, if not then the standard wand is fun to play with ;)

rabican,

RGNSUP

rabican said:
I have both GG and standard. I used the GG for the first week then switched to standard. I love the standard but im purchasing a very nice (robin hood) bubbler and want to make sure i dont break it so i want both hands on the bubbler not one on the wand and one on the glass (like before)...

I switched it last night to the GG and im really impressed. It hit really well, thick full pulls without the trouble of holding the wand.

I need to use it abit longer to confirm this but after last nights session im convinced if your using your ssv with glass the GG is prob best, if not then the standard wand is fun to play with ;)

Do a couple tests if you could. To me, hitting the standard and GG through just whip and mouthpiece, the GG hits much harder. Therefore, using the GG with glass would ideally be better than the standard with glass.

RGNSUP,

Absinthe

L'Enfant Terrible
Absinthe said:
Thanks, I love the color as well! Though I'm still waiting for the part from 7thFloor, once I'm able to affix the glass heating element cover to the Surfer, I'll post a pic of the "business end" ;)

As promised... the business end!
479px-SSV_Green_Business_Side.JPG

Absinthe,

Tuck

Hammerzeit said:
What is so special about the miniwand? :/

they are supposed to be pretty efficient. I thought I read a couple weeks ago though that the miniwand has been discontinued, so it may be a moot point.

Tuck,

weedemon

enthusiast
damn that green one looks very nice.

the SSV people should really have better pictures on their site. all the colored ones on the site from the images do not look as good as actual users images...

I'm still glad i went with black, but these orange, green, and the cool rainbow spec ones look badass as well!

weedemon,
Top Bottom