max

Out to lunch
BL4ZE said:
My question is how do you know when you (BEGIN) to cross the line between vaping and smoking.
When you get smoke instead of vapor you'll know it. Even harsh, high temp vapor is mild on your throat compared to smoke. Take a big smoke hit (not off a vape-you don't want nasty smoke fucking up your vape) and see if you don't agree. ;)

max,

willjed

BL4ZE said:
My question is how do you know when you (BEGIN) to cross the line between vaping and smoking.
sorry, i guess i didn't understand the question. i was saying that around the 4:00 position is when you start to get combustion. i thought you wanted settings since you mentioned the 1:00 setting on your SSV. it's starting to combust when it tastes like a$$.

willjed,

BL4ZE

max said:
BL4ZE said:
When you get smoke instead of vapor you'll know it. Even harsh, high temp vapor is mild on your throat compared to smoke. Take a big smoke hit (not off a vape-you don't want nasty smoke fucking up your vape) and see if you don't agree. ;)
Like I said a friend of mine hit my SSV on high and it stained my hose brown and everything lol ....had to buy some more hose. So of course I know with the knob turned all the way up it's combusting but I already knew it'd do that without having to try it.

Anyways you guys are pretty much saying i'm still vaping as long as my bowls are only turning brown and not black?

BL4ZE,

THC

Daft Vapour
jofroxp said:
So where is the best place to turn the knob?
personaly i have been using my ssv for coming up for a year and a half. This is a very good question what i have found is that it depends what bong u have attached as well as the type of heater cover how much it is moved etc I find the safest option a smooth glass attached to a hurricane bong with a half filled fatty bowl at around the 12:45/1:15-also i find peppe le pew burns easier but mix some normal commercial into it, just a pinch, and i find this helps stop bong fires. It really largely depends on the material to be vaped i have some that will combust at around 12:30 others 3:00 it is personal to the way you vape 2 so practice its fun!!:)

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
one of the best things to vape in a ssv is resin or a mix of tops and resin - lasts for eeeevvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrr............:)

THC,

albe

jofroxp said:
So where is the best place to turn the knob?
for me, i start just under 12:00 and move up to 1:00 or so to get a bit more out of my bowl. This leaves my avb brown with some green through it. (Means i can hit my avb bowl when there's a dry spell and still get a buzz from it. Plus it'll pay off with the edibles.)

albe,

jofroxp

Yep, 3:00 is a little combustible to me, my friend got a whopping hit, and I got a burnt end of the hose. Anyways I think 12-1 sounds just right to me. Thanks.

jofroxp,

Xero

More often than what I would like to admit I am using this thing on full power. When I first got it I turned it up super hot and stuck a digital thermometer in there. There wasn't much change in temp from when it was blazing red/orange hot to turned down quite a bit.

I was freaked out when I first got it that I would be combusting and not vaping. Never had anything catch on fire. And the AVB is never black it sometimes get a dark brown. But I can make it that way if I don't go full power also.

I really get frustrated when people say 2oclock or something to that effect. Everyone should yank off there knob and see what the inside piece is at. That is the only possible way you can get the same settings on 2 ssvs.

Edit: I should say I normally vape very small amounts to nothing is even close to the heating element

Xero,

jofroxp

Hey ssv users,

question: sometimes when herbles get into the glass, where the heater is, how is it best to clean that out? I don't want to have to mess it up ya know?

jofroxp,

Frickr

well i ordered my ssv on the 14th... still nothing. have sent a few differant emails to the company, called the phonenumbers i have for the company and left messages, all with no reply other then one i got on the 19th saying there was a probelm with my order and my wand was broke, so i accepted a 25 dollar refund and ordered a new wand from 7th floor, well i have had that since friday, but no ssv... i sent in a dispute to paypal today so lets see if that helps at all. if not, i hope i can be refunded for it.

Frickr,

albe

jofroxp said:
question: sometimes when herbles get into the glass, where the heater is, how is it best to clean that out? I don't want to have to mess it up ya know?
i did this the other week too... giggling at something on tele lol ... Smelled horrid for a few minutes but went away... i turned the thing upside down and got most of it out. Still a bit of ash in there now but doesn't seem to have had any ongoing effect (i hope).

albe,

jofroxp

cool man, thanks for the assurance....I figured as much, so I vaped on, and slept for like 30 minutes in a chair lol.

jofroxp,

jofroxp

Hey guys, just wondering, is the GG wand, work well hands free for ssv, and easier when using a ice chamber also? Thanks in advanced.

jofroxp,

smoking Joe

jofroxp said:
Hey guys, just wondering, is the GG wand, work well hands free for ssv, and easier when using a ice chamber also? Thanks in advanced.
The wand does stay in the gg heater cover and can be used as hands free. You have to watch that it doesn't get pulled out or gets stuck if it's forced in too far. I used the gg wand for a year and now using the standard wand. I.M.O the gg wand uses more bud, because the hole in the heater cover is as large as the screen in the wand. With the standard wand seems to heat just the center.

smoking Joe,

THC

Daft Vapour
Xero said:
More often than what I would like to admit I am using this thing on full power. When I first got it I turned it up super hot and stuck a digital thermometer in there. There wasn't much change in temp from when it was blazing red/orange hot to turned down quite a bit.

I was freaked out when I first got it that I would be combusting and not vaping. Never had anything catch on fire. And the AVB is never black it sometimes get a dark brown. But I can make it that way if I don't go full power also.

I really get frustrated when people say 2oclock or something to that effect. Everyone should yank off there knob and see what the inside piece is at. That is the only possible way you can get the same settings on 2 ssvs.

Edit: I should say I normally vape very small amounts to nothing is even close to the heating element
I was presuming that people had alined the knob indicator to coincide with off on the knob means off on the metal underneath. It is just a handy frame of reference but yes every body should make sure their knob is set so it is indicating a true reading rather than the false one that you find people become confused with as long as the knob is fitted to where it is supposed to go then this is about as accurate with a SSV (as they are hand made and assembled) as you can be without a thermometer, at least it gives you a ball park area, 1pm does seem to be a popular time ;)

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
jofroxp said:
can anyone give a good review of an ice chamber w/ ssv? thanksinADvanced.
IMHO the hurricane bong with ice no water (filters away a little thc all though sometimes i use a little water to filter out carbon monoxide and dioxide) with an ice chamber adapter or the cheaper black leaf tornado, which is a cheap knock off but does the job and it has a built in ice-chamber, roor make v good ones as well. The SSV ones are great but very very expensive. Imo the ssv is only half the kit you need a good quality glass smallish ice chamber to get its full effect :o

THC,

Hanibal Lectin

ordered a ssv from Vape World and got it in 2 days...east coast.
Monster fat rips through a bong...being able to crank the heat a bit is a bonus for vaping keif and indicas

Hanibal Lectin,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Making me jealous there Hanibal!! The SSV is high on my list of 'should I' Enjoy!!

Lo,

jofroxp

hey guys the ssv hits like a champ. Just a note for preference, did any one every get an ice chamber along with a GG wand? Since the GG is wider at the mouth, meaning more area for vaping, and since its going into the ice chamber = =]

jofroxp,

THC

Daft Vapour
Yea I did/do all though i prefer smooth, for a big ish bongs the gg works well for the reason you described but if you are using an everyday length of glass ware sc for me bud lasts longer (gg is very good for resin btw) and you also may find the gg falls out where as, with the smooth cover and the hands free piece ($14), its impossible. Believe after nrly 2 years I am still discovering things about hc use. It is personal and there are so many variables involved its almost like an instrument lol (or thats what i tell my self) we could start the first ever bong band! Rolf

THC,

jofroxp

im so confused, nearing the last half, but I'm just excited to see that my ice chamber is soon on its way from colorado. Dang, just a couple more days. sigh.

jofroxp,
Top Bottom