Xero

Invest $100 in one of the bubblers that they sell. I freakin love mine. I ordered it from day one b/c and I am so happy with it.

Xero,

Frickr

has anyone tried the fatty wands yet?? i seen them on the ssv sight, and they looked yummy! :brow: 5x the amount of room in the bowl as a standard wand! that just sounds like you wont be going anywhere for a while to me! anyone have any experiences with this yet?

Frickr,

Raf007

Retailer
Hi there,
the more I read the more i have questions here.

I don't discuss the facts, i truely believe you guys, but how do you explain why some vapos get you higher then others.
Like it seems that you get more high with your SSV than the Cano. Any ideas why ?

I know that I really don't get as high with my Iolite than with the Cano, but i tink it's just because the temp is not high enough. Am i wrong here ?

Raf007,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Raf007 said:
Hi there,

I don't discuss the facts, i truely believe you guys, but how do you explain why some vapos get you higher then others.
Like it seems that you get more high with your SSV than the Cano. Any ideas why ?

I know that I really don't get as high with my Iolite than with the Cano, but i tink it's just because the temp is not high enough. Am i wrong here ?
It's all about the amount of vapor you intake. Some models give a vapor with higher vapor to air ratios, thus getting you fucked up sooner. In the end, however, they will all get you just as whacked as long as you keep using them til you have gotten all the vapor you want.

the ssv packs a punch and gets me there off one bowl. the pd gets me there, too, just takes longer and more bowls.

stickstones,

Konrad_Zuse

stickstones said:
Raf007 said:
Hi there,

It's all about the amount of vapor you intake. Some models give a vapor with higher vapor to air ratios, thus getting you fucked up sooner. In the end, however, they will all get you just as whacked as long as you keep using them til you have gotten all the vapor you want.

the ssv packs a punch and gets me there off one bowl. the pd gets me there, too, just takes longer and more bowls.
How do you feel it with your extreme? I seem to get fucked up pretty good off of a few hits.

Konrad_Zuse,

B.

War Criminal
I got my SSV 6 or 8 months before I got my Extreme(which has since died), and although the E could come close, the SSV always seemed to get me a little more ripped. Maybe its because of the wider hot air path on the Extreme. Who knows. But for some reason, nothing gets me more ripped off of a few hits than my SSV bong combo. I have a mini wand

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/vbminiwhip.html

which I put straight into my 14.4 gong diffy with a small piece of tubing acting as a gasket, i think it's a half inch OD. I use the SSV like a lighter, it works awesome.

B.,

Raf007

Retailer
OK thx Stickstones, :) I already liked the look of the SSV, and how u can customize it, guess I am just waiting for some cash here now.

Raf007,

Hanibal Lectin

does the VB mini whip mate with the SSv heater cover?I wonder if their new 2 peice whip would work ?

Hanibal Lectin,

Neverender

Frickr said:
has anyone tried the fatty wands yet?? i seen them on the ssv sight, and they looked yummy! :brow: 5x the amount of room in the bowl as a standard wand! that just sounds like you wont be going anywhere for a while to me! anyone have any experiences with this yet?
Around the time they first came out, I picked one up. I used it about 10 times and went back to my normal ssv wands.

The ability to load a bigger bowl is kind of nice when sharing, but it never really produced any hits bigger than using a normal wand with the normal amount (without combustion, anyways), just more herb in the bowl so the bowl essentially lasts longer.

I also found them harder to find that "sweet spot" in temperature. You have to turn the temperature up some due to the larger bowl; it was like trying to figure out my baby all over again! :/;)

Its actually been a few months since I've tried it again though.... I guess I'll load one up when I get off and see if my thoughts are still the same.

Neverender,

Frickr

well my ssv's wand broke before dieselvapors could send it, so i got refunded 25 dollars for a new wand from 7th floor. this delayed shipment till today, so im a little upset about that. the stash that i had saved for when it came is slowly dissapearing... all this trouble it better be worth it! :lol: my wand should be here saturday, and i get the tracking number tonight on my ssv.

Frickr,

willjed

Frickr said:
I'm not sure what other experiences people have had with their's, but mine came in and i was really surprised at just how big it is. IMO they should make something a little more in between. you just have to put ALOT in the bowl and turn the temp all the way up for it to work, and then i still don't feel like i get the heat all the way to the bottom.

all in all, a little too big for me (that's what she said), just keep packing up the wand you got and save the green for some green.

willjed,

max

Out to lunch
willjed said:
you just have to put ALOT in the bowl and turn the temp all the way up for it to work
You should absolutely NOT have to max out the temp for the Fatty bowl. 7th Floor vapes are designed to heat up way past combustion point. You have to draw pretty hard on a Surfer at the higher temp settings (not even close to max) to avoid overcooking. I do agree that the 5 x capacity on these fatty wands is probably overkill.

max,

willjed

max said:
You should absolutely NOT have to max out the temp for the Fatty bowl. .
would you agree that since each piece is hand blown that there might be some variance in performance? if i had mine turned all the way up and was drawing slow (like normal) and there was no combustion then does that mean my SSV is not performing right, or that maybe our wands are different?

if it's the SSV, maybe i should get shipped a new one :cool:

willjed,

max

Out to lunch
The SSV element, according to the builder -"The element is fully adjustable from 200F all the way up to 900F". I've never tried to combust, using mine. And I've heard of others turning it all the way up without combusting, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I do know you should easily be able to burn/overcook a bowl (turn it black). That tells you you're getting plenty hot and that's as far as I've gone with mine. If you can blacken your herb, using high temps, then it gets as hot as you should need it to. I'm sure they've tested these fatty wands before putting them up for sale, so I doubt the design is faulty, even with slight variations from one to the next.

i still don't feel like i get the heat all the way to the bottom.
Even with a standard wand, you should expect to have to stir the bowl up a couple of times. The more herb you load, the more you'll need to stir to make sure it all gets exposed. The standard SSV (non hands free) has a narrow airstream going into the wand. Makes for some rich hits, but the hot air isn't going to cover the whole surface of the herb, or reach the bottom if a lot is loaded. If you continue to have problems, give the company a call (don't email). They have a 30 day money back guarantee, as well as the 3 yr. warranty.

max,

lwien

How much does that mini-wand increase the efficiency of the SSV? Do you end up vaping quite a bit less when you use it versus the standard wand?

lwien,

the electrician

In my experience, the closer the match of bowl diameter to the diameter of the heating cover hole the more massive your hits, and well rounded heating is. for maximum efficiency i guess you should make them both small, that is i guess the smaller wand

the electrician,

smoking Joe

the electrician said:
In my experience, the closer the match of bowl diameter to the diameter of the heating cover hole the more massive your hits, and well rounded heating is. for maximum efficiency i guess you should make them both small, that is i guess the smaller wand
I found this to be true with the ground glass wand and the hits are huge. The hole in the heater cover is the size of the screen. I am going try the regular wand, where the hole in the heater cover is much smaller.

smoking Joe,

jofroxp

SSV is this the best vape!?!?!?! good enough to invest 239!?!? well hopefully.....239.

jofroxp,

BL4ZE

Hey whats up guys, figured i'd finally make an account here since I've had my SSV for about a year now and love to vape.

I've got a few question for my fellow ssv users,

Like I said i've had my SSV for about a year now and i've always set my dial to around 1 o-clock which seems to give me decent hits. However I see people online hitting theirs out of the wand or a bong and getting massive hits. My question is how do you know when you (BEGIN) to cross the line between vaping and smoking. I know one time I had my vape at a friends house and ran outside for a minute and when I came back my friend was coughing his ass off . I noticed the dial was all the way maxed out haha:lol: I don't think he smoked the rest of the night after that. Of course I knew with it all the maxed out it would combust but i'm wondering how far I can push it past my current setting without getting into combustible territory?

And my other question deals with those who use a bong with the ssv. I recently purchased one of 7th floors ice chambers (one of the small one's not perc'd or anything) I can defiently get some ok sized hits but i'm wondering if i'm limited because of the size of the bong and if I should opt for one of the glass adapters and just use a one of my bigger bongs? It'd be nice to hear from someone who's had experience with 7th floors small ice chambers and just using a standard bong that has more volume.

BL4ZE,

willjed

i still don't feel like i get the heat all the way to the bottom.
this was kind of a misspeak. what i was meaning is that i guess the wand is so deep that it's hard to get the stuff on the bottom to come up to where it can be exposed to the heating element. i never seem to use all the herb, as efficiently, as with the original wand.

Even with a standard wand, you should expect to have to stir the bowl up a couple of times.
i totally understand the stir method and am quite thorough with my stirrage, kind sir. i usually keep stirring the original wand until it's all almost dark brown/roasty looking. i just don't think i ever get the herb to that point with the fatty wand, plus you have to put probably 2 grams in the thing to even get it close enough to the element(don't take this super literally, folks. i haven't weighed out how much it takes to fill it).

my whole point in responding to FRICKR's question was that i don't think the fatty wand is really worth it. if you need a social use for the SSV, just keep packing up the original wand and let everybody have huge personal rips. just my 2

willjed,

willjed

BL4ZE said:
Like I said i've had my SSV for about a year now and i've always set my dial to around 1 o-clock which seems to give me decent hits.
sorry, can't help with the ice cooler, uncharted territory as of yet. i can give you some input on settings- from what i've read and seen from others, the consensus seems to be (and every SSV knob is slightly different) around 1:00 for light vapor and then 3:00 to MAYBE 4:00 for thicker vapor (what you get just before combustion). if you start to see your herb turning black, either turn the dial back or draw harder, either will lower the temp.

willjed,
Top Bottom