THC

Daft Vapour
get a downstem from 7th floor and go ice chamber crazy and bong bananas! 7th floor do great glass but it is very expensive i have 2 $99 ssv ice chamber but i regularly use a 100mll $20 ice chamber (but for big hits i do use a $320 Hurricane 1000 Bong lol) my ssv brother from another mother;)

THC,

smoking Joe

B. said:
I highly reccomend getting the regular heater cover instead of the ground glass, the ground glass has a much larger hole for the hot air to come out of, and IMO it delivers less dense vapor.

Can't go wrong with SSV's site. You get the most customization options. If you can swing it, order an extra heater cover, it's good to have one of those layin around just in case.

I haven't had any experience with their ice chambers, but they look cool.
I have a gg wand/heater and found the hits to be too big. Yes with the large opening it heated all of the bud and produce monster hits. I just switched to the regular wand/cover and the hits are just as big but it doesn't heat all of the bud at once, only the center of the wand. The bud seems to last longer. I like the standard over the gg. Only problem is the screen clogs faster.

I have an ice chamber and works great nice cool hits..............

smoking Joe,

jofroxp

I don't know why.......:lol: but just now I did my casul .2 tube, and out of nowhere when I held that shit in, I felt good.:mad:

jofroxp,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yeah, I almost did the GG as well. It seems many prefer the standard tho. Man, I had my shopping cart full twice, ready to checkout but I keep thinking I might be ordering something wrong.

Oh, places like vapeworld and other sites don't ask what glass you prefer so I don't even know what they're carrying. SSV's own site gave me 3 choices which confused the hell out of me... Standard, GG and spherical GG. I guess I'm going with standard, funny as the others cost more :lol:

Not looking for hands-free... This won't be my daily driver, more to pull out for weekend fun or the likes but I'm really looking forward to trying this vape!!

Lo,
Reactions: L o s

THC

Daft Vapour
ohhhh what is spherical gg? sounds intriguing..... intriguingly expensive possibly? Jesus my glass wear addiction is getting so expensive i think it would be cheaper to take up heroin lol (but not as fun!:) lol

THC,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lo said:
Yeah, I almost did the GG as well. It seems many prefer the standard tho. Man, I had my shopping cart full twice, ready to checkout but I keep thinking I might be ordering something wrong.

Oh, places like vapeworld and other sites don't ask what glass you prefer so I don't even know what they're carrying. SSV's own site gave me 3 choices which confused the hell out of me... Standard, GG and spherical GG. I guess I'm going with standard, funny as the others cost more :lol:

Not looking for hands-free... This won't be my daily driver, more to pull out for weekend fun or the likes but I'm really looking forward to trying this vape!!
SPherical GG? is that like the fatty whip, but GG?
I think all the SSV's on vapeworld are GG

DevoTheStrange,

THC

Daft Vapour
nope i have the fatty whip and their breif party bowl range and they are both smooth
wand rather:)
And your right about vape world gg

THC,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
found it....
img.php

It's like a ball n socket joint.

I kinda like it.

DevoTheStrange,

Hanibal Lectin

Vapeworld SSv are ground glass.
I went with them because with the discount it's cheap enough so you can get a standard cover,15$,and a standard whip wand,22$ from 7 th Floor and then have two wand setups for the price you will pay for just the SSV/standard cover at most other sites.

Hanibal Lectin,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
looks like it will work similar to the standard whip. Allow you to rotate and change the angle of the heat flowing through the wand. Still not hands free, but a better seal.

I wonder if the aroma top will fit over that heater cover

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The aroma top was still offered as an option as I was fussing with the SSV customization thing but I didn't get one since I'll have to keep this one put up much of the time.

I finally pulled the trigger, went with standard glass since it seems to be well liked here. Can't wait to test drive this puppy! Luckily for me & my wallet the custom glass bits I was drawn to were already sold :)

Lo,

B.

War Criminal
So I just loaded what I normally pack into a Myrtle Zap stem(straw method until it's overflowing, gently packed so it's even with the stem, I like my MZ draws easy) into my SSV wand and hit my bong with it, and noticed a couple of big differences.

1. The MZ produced thicker vapor than the SSV, but only for the first hit. I can easily get the SSV to give me thicker hits, I just have to load way more into the bowl. The second and third hits were very nice with the SSV, and after that very wispy, with the MZ it's pretty wispy from the second hit on.

2. They both got me to about the same place in the same amount of time with the same amount of bud, just in slightly different ways. I think the SSV hit quicker, but who knows. I'd have to test that out more scientifically.

Also, before I did this test, I loaded what I thought would be a good amount for one solo session into my SSV wand. It was finely ground, a little less than 1/4 full, gently packed. I then unloaded the wand, and packed the pile into an MZ stem to see how many stem loads it was equal to, using my normal straw suck and pack method. I got 4 stems nicely loaded out of that pile. Usually 2 stems in one session is enough to get me good, and maybe an hour later I'll start to take supplemetal hits to sustain if I don't have to go to bed early. If I were using my SSV, I would have cashed the wandload, equal to 4 stems, followed by the supplemental hits later on.

So I basically discovered I only need to load half of what I percieved to be a solid dose in my SSV wand to get to where I want to be, which rocks :rockon:

B.,

papa_seven

i ordered a ssv and should be receiving it soon. that vapor moisturizer is beautiful but i want to get adapter so i can hook it up to a triple perc like wilson. that will be nice :D

papa_seven,

jofroxp

papa_seven said:
i ordered a ssv and should be receiving it soon. that vapor moisturizer is beautiful but i want to get adapter so i can hook it up to a triple perc like wilson. that will be nice :D
In many case you really don't need an adapter...Well I guess you do if your buying a specific kind that you have picked out, but the percs like the mad scientists, or other cheaper 3 set percs fit perfectly wit the tubing.

Also B. I agree on the first part about getting more of a hit on the MZ for the first draw against the ssv. But IMO and a friend's who tried the MZ, and the SSV, it is unanimous in this house, ssv is the best (course got to at the percs, expensive cheap whatever, and you got your self a primo setup for getting vaked.)

jofroxp,

THC

Daft Vapour
adapters are handy sometimes if the fitting is a bit lose with just tube and also if there is no shot gun (rush hole, throttle you know what i mean) which i find is quite common in some of the ice chambers you can quickly remove your whip and adapter to let air in that way, thats if you like to have a shot gun which i do:) - happy daze all

THC,

edgar

First off I have never used a vape. I'm trying to decide btwn the standard or ground glass wand. My main concern with ground glass is what I would describe as the inability to clear the whip completely after toking when using the ground glass version simply b/c it stays mounted to the heater. This would possibly imo leave "stale" vapor in the whip :uhoh:. With the standard connection removing the whip after each toke and then taking a second toke with whip unattached to the heater would leave no vapor and thus a fresh start upon using again :). Does vapor get stale? I was thinking of getting the dbv which is always grnd glass but b/c of this concern I may pay up for the ssv with standard conection so I can remove and clear whip after each toke. Any thoughts :peace:??

edgar,

B.

War Criminal
\I've had both, and I didn't really notice a difference. I also didn't make a habit of leaving the wand connected for more than the length of the session, and I always removed it before I turned the heater off. I don't know this for sure, I just see potential problems letting the glass cool and contract while connected, like maybe they'd fuse together. Anyone ever have this happen? Or let them cool and contract while connected and had no problems?

My personal preference is the regular heater cover, because I like the smaller stream of hot air. Some people prefer the ground glass. They both work, and you'll be happy either way you go.

I think the SSV is a great 1st vape. It's simple but very versatile. The temptation is to always load the wand with lots of bud, but you'd be suprised how effective a very small amount can be. A thin layer covering the screen is enough to get me blazed. But when I really load it...no other vape I've tried can deliver the massive punch-to-the-head hits the SSV can. It's not efficient, but it's fun ;)

B.,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Lately, when using the ssv, I've been dropping a whole bud in there (I think I saw tokin do this) and hitting like a champ. After a couple of hits I stir it and the brittleness breaks it up. I keep doing this...hitting it and stirring it to break it up...until it is cached like normal. By then it is pretty ground up like I would have done with a grinder. One bud will usually fill it up about a third when done, and this amount gets me and one other super fucked up. This is a nice way to go if you don't have a grinder around.

stickstones,

Frickr

is there a simple way to change the heater covers? i like switching from the standard to the gg heater cover, and i always have a problem with trying to get that little tiny shim back in. i was thinking about seeing if 7th floor would blow me a piece that fit into the gg wand with the standard hole on the end. so i could just use the gg heater cover, and put this little adapter in to switch between the 2 wands.

Frickr,

Beezleb

stickstones said:
Lately, when using the ssv, I've been dropping a whole bud in there (I think I saw tokin do this) and hitting like a champ. After a couple of hits I stir it and the brittleness breaks it up. I keep doing this...hitting it and stirring it to break it up...until it is cached like normal. By then it is pretty ground up like I would have done with a grinder. One bud will usually fill it up about a third when done, and this amount gets me and one other super fucked up. This is a nice way to go if you don't have a grinder around.
I pretty much did this until I got a grinder. I prefer the grinder for making the kief but performance wise, I got far more draws and quality ones too by doing it like that. Though I did cut my herb up slightly more than Tokin. Big chunks versus a bud. chop and stir as you go.

I have mids though, Tokin has the good stuff so he will have higher crystals so probably why he is so good as not initially breaking the bud up much.

The difference in grinding and kief collecting versus not is about half as many draws I would estimate. Thicker draws by grinding but I did like it better slightly cut up versus a grind as I got more draws. Still gets me about the same I think and grinding is faster.

I keep telling myself when I watch a movie or something and want to prolong the vape session I will just cut it up like I used to but I never do as I just say fuck it and vape another bowl.

If not for kief, I would still do it but I like my kief pressed hash too much.

THC

Daft Vapour
Frickr said:
is there a simple way to change the heater covers? i like switching from the standard to the gg heater cover, and i always have a problem with trying to get that little tiny shim back in. i was thinking about seeing if 7th floor would blow me a piece that fit into the gg wand with the standard hole on the end. so i could just use the gg heater cover, and put this little adapter in to switch between the 2 wands.
Thats a bloody good idea m8 even another for their new gg 2! yea i would def get one. post and let us know what 7th floor said please m8 thanks in advance bruv

THC,

shantytown007

Frickr said:
a piece that fit into the gg wand with the standard hole on the end. so i could just use the gg heater cover, and put this little adapter in to switch between the 2 wands.
I really like that idea. Right now I'm picturing a glass adapter that had its own screen - two separate compartments - so many possibilities - vape cocktails....mmmm....

shantytown007,
Top Bottom