• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qbit

cannabanana
Ok I'm confused. So there's a mini whip and a mini wand? What's the difference? The one at that link is a mini whip but just looks like a wand to me. And that thing is made for Vaporbrothers - so I assume it's in this thread because it also works for the SSV.

Mind you, whatever the Vaporwarehouse may stock, it's of no use to me (or to many others) since they don't seem to ship internationally. Hmm.

Qbit,

cluffy

Vaker
Qbit, the only difference is there is no whip anymore. The original came with a smaller hose and a mouthpiece. They have no more mini mouthpieces or hoses, but the mini wands fit nicely into SSV hose. And the mini wands will rule the world eventually!

This IS the link: miniwand

And I guarantee it will work with the SSV HC. <legal bullshit to cover my ass>

No really, it's a flared glass tube that fits the SSV HC...

cluffy,

Qbit

cannabanana
cluffy said:
Qbit, the only difference is there is no whip anymore. The original came with a smaller hose and a mouthpiece. They have no more mini mouthpieces or hoses, but the mini wands fit nicely into SSV hose. And the mini wands will rule the world eventually!

Yeah very nice. I'd love to get one. In fact I'd love to get 3 or 4 for group sessions. But ... I can't because I'm in Australia. :mad:

Qbit,

GreenDragon

cluffy - a nickel short of free shipping - C'mon... you couldn't find anything to add to the order. Maybe another miniwand, a cool pick, or some more screens. I'm always happy to help other people spend their money :-). And again, thank you for the heads up on the miniwand availability.

Vito - I can't believe Uncle Vito hasn't tried a miniwand. SSV standard HC + miniwand = heaven. I look forward to your opinion and of course educational and entertaining video. And thank you for sharing your knowledge and humor.

To clarify some points on my previous post:

Vaporbrothers miniwhip = miniwand with tubing and mouthpiece. Made by Vaporbrothers, sold by VaporWarehouse.

VaporWarehouse mini-handpiece only = miniwand only (no tubing or mouthpiece). Made for and sold by VaporWarehouse.

The VaporWarehouse website still shows the Vaporbrothers miniwhips because they will stock and sell them as soon as Vaporbrothers sends them more. The guy at VaporWarehouse said he thinks Vaporbrothers will be shipping the 5pack too.

The VaporWarehouse mini handpiece is a duplicate of the wand on the Vaporbrothers miniwhip. They had 200 made and will have more made if they run out before Vaporbrothers starts shipping the miniwhip again.

Sorry for the miniwand/miniwhip confusion.

And yes, a Vaporbrothers miniwand is perfect for the SSV with standard HC (heatercover) or the DaBuddha with modified SSV standard HC.

Read back through (or search) the SSV and DaBuddha threads and you will find many reasons the miniwhip works so well with these vaporizers. Conservation, efficiency, ease of use, easy to maintain, inexpensive.

GreenDragon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Damn, thank you again for the excellent info. It was making me sad to only be able to use my SSV when I was in abundance over a weekend. If this mini wand boasts of efficiency and its priced nicely I might have to order a couple :D

AGBeer,

VapeSpace

Qbit said:
cluffy said:

Yeah very nice. I'd love to get one. In fact I'd love to get 3 or 4 for group sessions. But ... I can't because I'm in Australia. :mad:

VaporWarehouse ships to Australia.

VapeSpace,

vbeazy

cluffy said:
There is a difference between the mini WHIP and the mini WAND.... Glad you found it, you will be happy with it.
Good point, I thought of this after I posted.
That's okay though, I don't need a hose or mouth piece.
Now I wish I bought 2.
They ship to Canada.
You could always buy a bamboo pick or something for cheap.

vbeazy,

Qbit

cannabanana
Yeah so I got the info about VaporWarehouse shipping to Australia after all - thanks VapeSpace. :) (the site was a bit confusing). So I'm thinking about how many miniwands, and whether I should also buy the whips and mouthpieces.

I don't use the SSV mouthpiece much, since I've been using a bubbler, but do people who use just the whip prefer to use a mouthpiece or not? And what are the VWH whips like? Or can I get something better somewhere else?

Qbit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do.. A mouthpiece makes it mor comfortable.. and restricts the flow just a bit to give you more positive control.

Vitolo,

Sour Deez

VaporEyeSore said:
Just seen these 'glass star screens' on the SSV site, are these new? Has anyone tried yet?
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/surfer-accessories/glass-star-screens.html
are these supposed to just sit in the wand ?

Ive used something similar to this when i use to combust, its called a glass screen, suppose to take place of the conventional steel screen.

Im not to sure how you would use those with the SSV, it would be pointless to just set it on top of the screen. But i dont see them selling something you cant use with your vape, i donno.

Sour Deez,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just emailed and asked about the star screens...
They may be to drop in there on top of the existing screen.. then herb added on... to create some lift and airflow.
This is NOT FACT... this is a guess...
We will see if I even came close when I hear back!

Vitolo,

VapeSpace

Qbit said:
Yeah so I got the info about VaporWarehouse shipping to Australia after all - thanks VapeSpace. :) (the site was a bit confusing). So I'm thinking about how many miniwands, and whether I should also buy the whips and mouthpieces.

You are welcome. I don't use the SSV mouthpiece much, since I've been using a bubbler, but do people who use just the whip prefer to use a mouthpiece or not? And what are the VWH whips like? Or can I get something better somewhere else?

I purchased a few of the VW mini whips and have been pleased with them. They are definitely hand blown, as the length of each one varied slightly but no big deal to me. I have the Vaporbros hydrator and use the 14mm ground glass connector as a mouthpiece if I'm not using the hydrator. I hate having to swap out the mouthpiece, so I take the easy way out.

VapeSpace,

FG

Good morning everyone, I've been lurking through this great site for weeks and just got my SSV in the mail!!! I have never tried one but ordered with confidence after reading so much about it. Thanks for all the tips and videos.

FG,
Reactions: grokit

Qbit

cannabanana
FG said:
Good morning everyone, I've been lurking through this great site for weeks and just got my SSV in the mail!!! I have never tried one but ordered with confidence after reading so much about it. Thanks for all the tips and videos.

Well of course you haven't tried it yet (at the time of your post). If you had, we wouldn't have heard from you for another month. ;):D But once you manage to peel your brain off the back of the universe, do come back and tell us how it went. :cool: Have fun!

Qbit,

Vitolo

Vaporist
They found a bug in the system
They moved the SSV vote to SSV waverider contest
So if you would like to vote, that is the location!
They got a bunch of beauties to vote on!

vaporisttiny.jpg

Vitolo,

PB88123

Vaporist
My SSV arrived today.
rIuUZ.jpg
(No Joke)

xKsWd.jpg

9KSGh.jpg

This is when it is turned up all the way.

tMwTC.jpg

Some more pictures here http://imgur.com/a/jQ1rp

Thanks to everyone. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for this thread. I have the mini wand all ready to go.

Edit. Wow. Just tried it. I couldn't believe how little I put in and what that just did to me. I would exhale and nothing came out and I was wondering if it worked. I kept turning up the temp and still no big cloud of smoke but boy am I feeling good and the little bit I put in isn't even finished. Winning.

Edit 2: Forgot to mention how much my throat is thanking me. Lungs too.

PB88123,

cluffy

Vaker
@PB88123, "It's the beginning of a great adventure." ~ Lou Reed

Oh hey, I like to vape between 18 and 22 watts on the kill a watt...:-) start low and crank up as needed....

cluffy,

Qbit

cannabanana
Congratulations PB. :cool:

And let me guess - at the time of your post, you hadn't used it yet, right? There's no way you would have managed to make that post after you first session. ;) Enjoy.

Qbit,

havock69

So I broke my buddy's ground glass heater and I don't want to pay 75 dollars for a new one like it. Does ssv repair hc's for a reasonable price?

havock69,
Top Bottom