vapordude

i just got a used SSV on craigslist for 75 bucks. dude said it was like 2 years old. it still hits like a beast. i live down south where schwag is fresh and cheap. it makes mediating it a lot easier. best 75 i ever spent. i also own a woodzee for my dank buds.

vapordude,

ManFlies352

Thanks guys. One thing I had a question on: it seems like with this unit I have to turn the temp up more around 2 - 3 to get thick vape. Me and my friend were thinking it's because the spherical glass opening is wider so there's less heat concentration. Is that what's going on or has no one heard of that?

ManFlies352,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think it is a bigger opening for the heat, so less funneled air flow
If you had a standard HC and hand held wand, that would due to size ratio of heat opening bring dial closer to noonish.

Vitolo,

ManFlies352

When you start at noon do you get big clouds? I can get vape just fine at 12:00 - 1:00 but not as much as the previous ground glass SSV until I hit around 2 to 3

ManFlies352,

Sour Deez

spherical heater cover and wand. At 12 there is very light vapor. When I turn it up is when the 'clouds" start

Sour Deez,

ManFlies352

Okay so then mine seems to be working accordingly. But with the GG HC and wand, the clouds were thick around 1:00 or a little less. I'm thinking it has to do with the larger opening on the spherical. Not complaining, because it's kicking more than enough ass turned up. I might actually look into the standard as Vitolo suggested because it's not hands-free, which I prefer, and a more narrow shape like the GG which means lower temps :)

ManFlies352,

greystr0ke

I have the Spherical on mine as well and start at noon. It depends on the buds if I do or don't get big clouds at the 12 position. Sometimes I get huge clouds and sometimes I don't. I never take it past 3. The only time I have was when I loaded the wand with pretty much straight kief and it absolutely annihilated me.

greystr0ke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sour Deez said:
I never tried 3 on mine, the herb gets DARK at 2.
I start at 12, than move to 1, finish at 2
Similar.. never tried 3
I am 12... 12:30... then 1 for a finish

Vitolo,

ManFlies352

Well when I first got the SSV I had an accident and spilled some herb into the HC. I turned off the SSV immediately then took off the HC to clean everything out. When I took off the HC a little sliver of metal came out that must have broken off of the metal spacer or something. After that it was easy to get the HC on and off where the first time it took some force to get the HC off. Maybe the HC isn't on snug anymore

ManFlies352,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
InFlames235 said:
Well when I first got the SSV I had an accident and spilled some herb into the HC. I turned off the SSV immediately then took off the HC to clean everything out. When I took off the HC a little sliver of metal came out that must have broken off of the metal spacer or something. After that it was easy to get the HC on and off where the first time it took some force to get the HC off. Maybe the HC isn't on snug anymore
The eternal spacer question...:D
So, to make it short, heat creates glass expansion and therefore as HC are handblown, 7th floor puts 1 or 2 metal spacers in there for the snug fit... You have not broken anything and you can put that thing back together at your snugness convenience! ;)

FLskwat,

ManFlies352

FLskwat said:
InFlames235 said:
The eternal spacer question...:D
So, to make it short, heat creates glass expansion and therefore as HC are handblown, 7th floor puts 1 or 2 metal spacers in there for the snug fit... You have not broken anything and you can put that thing back together at your snugness convenience! ;)

It only came with one spacer so maybe I can just contact Elyssa to get a couple spacers sent my way. :)

ManFlies352,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Replacing SSV Heater cover
Another take on changing HC
Changing HC on SSV
I can't find the video I saw once ofthem changing heater cover.. but I tried.
Call Puffitup, or Vapeworld, and they can walk you through it.....
or call 7th floor and Elyssa will surely do the same.
ssvhc.jpg

From users manual page 8

Vitolo,

Hage

Got it today. Can't believe the super fast shipping!

It is fucking sick lolol. I think that everyone should own one of these bad boys. Mine is GonG and I find I need to be at 3. I'm not getting thick vapor, but I have decent vapor. This thing is way better than the iolite.

The only minor prob is the dial slides off if I pull. So, sometimes turning it on or off I have to slide off dial and use the small screw dial. But it's not really a big deal at all. I will try to upload pix ASAP.

Hage,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hage said:
......The only minor prob is the dial slides off if I pull.
Don't pull! ;)
Seriously, congrats! With GonG you don't have the leeway to aim wand around for the aiming of hot air. Also the heat opening is wider, so there is no restrictive flow. This does mean that you will use a little higher heat setting.
I think as you try different strains, and grinds, you will find variations in "Fog Making" with the SSV.
You will have the time of your life with it too. Bad Boy. Work Horse. Solid. SSV

Vitolo,
Top Bottom