• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That is good to know puffers thanks. I like the INH and the DV because of no to little drag.

Dreamerr,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
are you using the small or large av? I almost got one but noticed some people saying that the large one leaked, the small one had very little water and both had very little diffusion. I may try one before I make the switch from dbv to lsv. I'm not sure which hydratube you have, but if its the showercap (smallest amount of water), how does the aquavape compare?

Small AV no leakage here.

Vertigo HT from the 1st batch and I do not like arm trees percs AT ALL: aesthetics, clean-wise, and stack-wise they just suck IMO, plus the HT cannot rest in any position as the AV at all!

Again the real good thing on the AV other then the taste and low diffusion is that it is a real extension of the whip, it is a mouthpiece litterally...it is not another piece, another moisturizer...and that has no price IMO!
Oh and I have the original showercap by SYN (60 slits) on one of my bubblers so I know about it, hihi...but as I already said on the cloud thread, I never use my cloud with its HT, only reversed on my glass pieces, cause cloud + HT is an ergonomical non-sense IMO !
thanks skwat...i hadn't thought about the AV chilling things without extracting the taste...good point!
Most welcome SS!

FLskwat,

Toastface_Killah

Quick question, but for the past year I have strictly used my SSV with a bong, and i'm just now getting into BHO. I was debating whether or not to get a nail/globe set-up like my friends had, or to purchase the stones from 7th floor and use them like Vitolo says. I'd love to go with the nail/globe because its enjoyable having variety, but i'm kind of worried that would be counter-productive to my whole quitting smoking entirely deal. I know for sure when I tried dabs with my friends earlier this week they were heating the nail to where it was red hot, their nail was even warped from the prolonged heating and usage, and even though I loved the experience, I'm concerned that vaporizing on nails might not be the same as getting it extremely hot and putting the dab on fast (sorry if this is a dumb question, im not too experienced in this area)

Toastface_Killah,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My real preference is to get the hash oil and take that dab on a dish.... and dilute it with one drip of 91 or 99% Iso.. then it is a bit thinner.. and I soak that up into a piece of cotton ball (100% cotton will npot combust at vape temperatures....
I then roll the cotton loosely into a "jelly roll" and let it evaporate until not moist....
I put that in the SSV wand, and vape away!
If you dont want to use the Iso, dont.... just wipe the dab in the center of the cotton.. it wll spread itself when heated.....
when you think you are done, flip the cotton over and give it a go in the other direction!

Tweek

If I could purchase mine all over again, I would pimp it out to the max. I cheaped out and went with silver. I assumed it would come with a black base, but it showed up with an ugly dark green base...the glass has red and green too...very christmas :D

Tweek,

MotoPsycho

I cheaped out and got a silver one as well. It kinda grew on me after awhile, and now I think I would prefer it to a black one. And i hear the black one has a quieter whistle as well, which i also wouldn't care for, as I've learned to depend on that noise to gauge my pulling speed.

MotoPsycho,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I cheaped out and got a silver one as well. It kinda grew on me after awhile, and now I think I would prefer it to a black one. And i hear the black one has a quieter whistle as well, which i also wouldn't care for, as I've learned to depend on that noise to gauge my pulling speed.

Do the black ones use a different heat cover? Otherwise the harmonics heard should stictly be a function of the hole in the heat cover i would think since they are blown glass would differ slightly from unit to unit

MotoPsycho

im pretty sure i heard this in one of TokinGLX's videos. he said the powder coating makes the whistle sound a quieter . Made sense to me, so i believed it.

MotoPsycho,

MotoPsycho

Paint it like the one a few pages back. It came out really nice.
I had thought about doing the base. Not gonna steal BoldtVapor's idea. I might just paint it a nice color and give it some clear coat:tup:
Edit: Oops I meant to edit my post :doh: didn't mean to double post

MotoPsycho,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
I had thought about doing the base. Not gonna steal BoldtVapor's idea. I might just paint it a nice color and give it some clear coat:tup:
Edit: Oops I meant to edit my post :doh: didn't mean to double post

I wouldn't mind at all. I love to see custom paint. I too cheaped out when I got mine but, in my defense, the other option was red and yellow. Would've looked great at a hot dog stand. :D

Tweek

I wouldn't mind at all. I love to see custom paint. I too cheaped out when I got mine but, in my defense, the other option was red and yellow. Would've looked great at a hot dog stand. :D

What kind of paint and clear coat would be safe and heat proof? Any other pointers for painting?

Tweek,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
What kind of paint and clear coat would be safe and heat proof? Any other pointers for painting?

I used regular rustoleum spray paint and clear coat. I let it dry for a week before I attached it to the silver part. It might not need a week, but i live in a very moist climate. You shouldn't smell any paint after some time in the sun.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I own a number of SSVs.
Powder coat does not affect the heat, sound, or anything else about the SSV function.
The outer metal of your unit does not get all that hot.
Enamel does very well under heat.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

MotoPsycho

I own a number of SSVs.
Powder coat does not affect the heat, sound, or anything else about the SSV function.
The outer metal of your unit does not get all that hot.
Enamel does very well under heat.
Well, I believe you Vitolo:science:, you would never steer us wrong :bowdown:

MotoPsycho,
Reactions: Vitolo

Melizzard

Hey y'all! I am a vaper ... Don't own a pipe at all. So when it comes to glass and accessories, I don't have a clue. I had been coughing while surfing lately so I decided to get an ice chamber. My hits have pretty much flattened out ... Rarely vapor on exhale. So I figure I am doing something wrong. Anyone who uses a chamber, could ya help me out? I put ice and a,little water, up to the hole, then ensure the tube is submerged. It bubbles when I hit it ... But hardly any vapor. So I cranked the heat up a bit but it didn't change anything.

What am I doing wrong here? I feel like a total idiot!

Xxoo
Mel

Melizzard,

Tweek

Hey Mel! Have you tried drawing a little slower than usual through the ice chamber?

Edit: Just to double check--do these have carbs? Are you keeping your finger on it while you inhale?

Tweek,

Nycdeisel

Dont use ice. It can cause irritation, especially for those who are sensitive. Do not use tap water in your piece, and you might need to cover the holes more with the water. You will need to play with the water levels on ANY water pipe until you find the right level.

Try take a little smaller hits for now.

There may be something you eat or drink that causes it to be more harsh in your throat, such as excess sugar, or maybe it is the herb you are using, or anything else in the vapors path. I find the plastic tubing it comes with to be really bad and irritating. Order up some high temperature SILICONE tubing from McMaster Carr's site. That should help. it did for me.

You may also benefit from a small waterpipe.

Nycdeisel,

Melizzard

Hey Mel! Have you tried drawing a little slower than usual through the ice chamber?

Edit: Just to double check--do these have carbs? Are you keeping your finger on it while you inhale?
Yes, they have carbs. So I cover it till just before I am done with my hit and then release it.

If I add much more water, it will be leaking out the holes, wouldn't it? The hole is only 2.5-3" above the bottom of the chamber.

Xxoo
Mel

Melizzard,

Tweek

Have you tried a slower draw through the pipe? I used to find with my old log vape, that I had to slow my draw down a bit when I passed through my little bong, in order to get the same thickness I was used to pulling directly from the stem.

Tweek,
Top Bottom