Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@misanthrope Hotel rooms smoke alarms may be different but I am going to do it. I have smoke alarms throughout my house and where I used to live and they have never ever gone off from combusting. In my old place my smoke alarm was sensitive and still never went off from combusting but try cooking and it always did. So I don't know what to say. I don't combust anymore and will take the chance but I am going to try to find a smoking hotel which is not easy. I would take a walk as well if I could since you won't be there long.

Dreamerr,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've been considering taking it with me but I'm a bit worried clouds of vapour might set off the smoke alarm...

Could you not vape in the bathroom? Just run the shower on hot, and if the alarm does trigger you can blame the steam, ;).

My guess is that you would have to directly blow into the alarm to trigger it, and it would have to be quite a cloud.

Tweak,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
(smoke alarm) never went off from combusting but try cooking and it always did.

:lol: I know what you mean, my detector is the same. Even thick hookah smoke will not set it off, but try to cook dinner without the exhaust fan on and you're in trouble.

Peloton,

MotoPsycho

I say you would be totally fine. If you are paranoid, don't hit it repeatedly and/or vape at lowish temp, to avoid the smokier smelling hits. You can also hold in your hits so there isn't much vapor on exhale. I find the hits from my surfer to be superior to my portables, so I always regret it when i don't bring the surfer when I go over to a friends or something. Of course do whatever feels safest for you.

MotoPsycho,

MotoPsycho

I have to say......the SSV is so much fun! I used to be against the whip concept but have now started to appreciate it. Combusted a couple times and that's no bueno, lol. I've also rolled a couple j's with the ABV material but eh, it was nasty and now I just wanna vape!

I'm considering adding the standard set-up to my collection but for now the SGG is working out beautifully. Thanks again to everyone who helped in my decision making process :wave:

***By the way, is there a special way to properly clean the heating element? It's not bad at all, just has a couple thin brown ABV lines on it.

I have the spherical ground glass and the standard, and I recommend both. They both have their advantages. The standard is nice because of the control, vapor to air ratio, and is a little less prone to get herb accidentally blown into the heating element. The spherical is more predictable and easier to get nice clouds, I like to use it with a bong. I like the standard a little more direct draw. I also consider the actual vaping process to be funner with the standard. I love the versatility of the ssv! About cleaning the heating element, I have never cleaned mine in over a year of owning it. Whatever doesn't blow off should eventually burn off.

MotoPsycho,
Reactions: Tweak

TDA

Right on you guys, thanks again for the helpful tips and insight. I'm having so much fun imagining all the different possibilities here with the SSV! Recently I discovered something rather extraordinary...

I realized that the SSV never needs to be set at anything higher than 3 o'clock. You see, originally I was starting at 12 and then making my way all the way down the temperature dial. This seemed very comfortable and familiar at first but soon became very boring. So what I now do is this:

My sweet spot (for the time being) is the area midway in between 12 and 1. I never set it any higher than this because I don't need to. Why, you ask? Well, instead of turning up the temperature dial I just went ahead and started slowing down my draw speed. In the beginning I have a normal draw, whatever that may be, and over time I start to slow down until all my herb is gone. Doing it this way allows me to leave the temperature knob alone and feels very custom, like driving a stick shift.

Now to me this is all pretty cool and revolutionary but I wouldn't be surprised if this technique has already been discussed. However, in the slight chance that it has not, well then I would highly recommend trying it during your next vape session :peace:

blais

I love how you can replace all the parts on the ssv, unlike something like the cloud where if you break it your essentially fucked, ssv is so customizable and versatile. I like my ssv more and more every day

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
I love how you can replace all the parts on the ssv, unlike something like the cloud where if you break it your essentially fucked, ssv is so customizable and versatile. I like my ssv more and more every day

I couldn't agree more :tup:

BoldtVapor,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Painted it red (it was purple) and then I put a web effect on it. I painted the SSV logo too. It was very plain looking when I first got it.

DSCN1658600_zps6eac3dab.jpg
DSCN1588_zps5129652d.jpg

blais

Dude that is sooooooo sick how did you do that web affect so well?
I think i may have to do something like that to mine now hahaha

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
It looks beautiful! I've always liked the look of the custom SSV's, and what some people have done with them, themselves!

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Dude that is sooooooo sick how did you do that web affect so well?
I think i may have to do something like that to mine now hahaha

It comes in a spray can with a few different colors. I found it at a craft store. You have to put a clear coat on top so the webbing doesn't chip off.
If you decide to do it post a pic. I love to see different styles and setups of SSV.

chimpybits

Hi all SSV FC heads, I've been vaping for over a year (with my ssv with standard whip) and am now ready to buy a few more things - specifically, I've decided to get into some glass - the Glassblowersdirect.com FC bubbler. I exclusively vape and am new to glass. I'm keen on this one as it is smallish, sturdy, decent quality, scientific styling and has an 18mm dewaar joint which seems more elegant for vaping. I will be using this exclusively with my ssv, (but I do expect some time in the future to change to a log ape).

I will also be choosing 1 or 3 free downstems offered - which will result in it either a 18 or 14mm mating. I'm now deliberating on which of the downstems to choose and which of the SSV wand+heaters to choose. I'm wanting something elegant and is to be strictly for vaping. I'm leaning toward the The Low-Pro downstem as it will protrude from the dewaar joint the least. I would then use the SSV 14mm ground glass water adapter. If I feel like foregoing some of this extra diffusion for a more elegant setup I would go without the downstem and use a SSV 18mm ground glass water adapter on the dewaar. Any thoughts on the downstems?

I've read some of the various wand discussions. Many are pleased with the spherical ground glass. I understand that unfortunately one still has to use the hands-free attachment to properly secure the wand. I suppose the regular ground glass doesn't require this hands-free attachment, but then this combination is so tight that heater covers are more prone to breaking.

So, my current shopping list is the fc bubbler, the Low-Pro downstem, the spherical ground glass wand and heater cover, and both the 14 and 18mm ground glass water adapters. I already have the hands-free attachment. (I will also be buying colored hose, ceramic flavor discs, a pick and some screens).

blais

Yeah me too, What kind of paint did you use aswell there boldt to get that nice shiny red?

blais,

blais

Hah yeah I just ordered some of those ceramic discs from them to give a shot in my ssv, have any of you guys gotten those things?

blais,

chimpybits

According to Vitolo
there are a few ways I use the discs.
I like to stack two of them, and dab oil on the top one
For very liquid oils, I put a disc in wand, lay a screen on it... top it with second disc, and I dab on the top disc.
for thicker oils I sandwich the dab betweeen discs.
for full melts, I use only one disc- I put abv bed in wand, add disc.. and let a bit of abv "seal the space" around top.. and I dab onto that one disc!

chimpybits,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Hi all SSV FC heads, I've been vaping for over a year (with my ssv with standard whip) and am now ready to buy a few more things - specifically, I've decided to get into some glass - the Glassblowersdirect.com FC bubbler. I exclusively vape and am new to glass. I'm keen on this one as it is smallish, sturdy, decent quality, scientific styling and has an 18mm dewaar joint which seems more elegant for vaping. I will be using this exclusively with my ssv, (but I do expect some time in the future to change to a log ape).

I will also be choosing 1 or 3 free downstems offered - which will result in it either a 18 or 14mm mating. I'm now deliberating on which of the downstems to choose and which of the SSV wand+heaters to choose. I'm wanting something elegant and is to be strictly for vaping. I'm leaning toward the The Low-Pro downstem as it will protrude from the dewaar joint the least. I would then use the SSV 14mm ground glass water adapter. If I feel like foregoing some of this extra diffusion for a more elegant setup I would go without the downstem and use a SSV 18mm ground glass water adapter on the dewaar. Any thoughts on the downstems?

I've read some of the various wand discussions. Many are pleased with the spherical ground glass. I understand that unfortunately one still has to use the hands-free attachment to properly secure the wand. I suppose the regular ground glass doesn't require this hands-free attachment, but then this combination is so tight that heater covers are more prone to breaking.

So, my current shopping list is the fc bubbler, the Low-Pro downstem, the spherical ground glass wand and heater cover, and both the 14 and 18mm ground glass water adapters. I already have the hands-free attachment. (I will also be buying colored hose, ceramic flavor discs, a pick and some screens).

You actually don't need the ground glass adapter for 14mm, the hose fits fine. I have that exact bubbler and it works fine with or without.

Ground glass (normal) is lovely if you get a metal clip- you can rotate the wand to stir the bowl and it has no way of coming out.

Hah yeah I just ordered some of those ceramic discs from them to give a shot in my ssv, have any of you guys gotten those things?
Perfect for wand hash, among other things

deadc0ffee,
Top Bottom