BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Great start to my night.........went to pull my heater cover off to clean it and it broke into 3 pieces.:doh:

BoldtVapor,

Shoff

That's such a coincidence!!

The same day I posted before my heater cover broke apart before my eyes :shrug:

Shoff,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
I should have just left it alone.....it wasn't even that dirty. Time for yet one more delivery from Colorado.

BoldtVapor,

beach bum

Great start to my night.........went to pull my heater cover off to clean it and it broke into 3 pieces.:doh:

Feeling ya, Boldt! Our HC broke the other night. Got shipping notice from 7th Floor yesterday and can't wait. Glad we have a backup, but we are missing our Surfer.

hoorah

I bought my SSV in April, been using it every evening apart from the 4 week breaks I take every 7 - 8 weeks. I've replaced the screen, how do you know when you should?

Mine looks fine but somehow i'm getting weed in my mouth and I haven't changed grinders. Change the screen??

hoorah,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
It sounds like you may have ground it up a bit too fine or maybe your herb was really dry? I prefer water filtration to keep that from happening and cool the vapor. I have changed my screen once since I got my ssv a yr ago and only cause it got damagedby me messing with it during a cleaning. I have ran over a qp through this wand and screen with no problems.

Puffers,

hoorah

Grinder is same and I never had a issue before, it is very dry though but I like to make sure it's dry because of mold (Some herb has been ruined before) .

You run yours through a bong?

hoorah,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It can be because of the shape of the wand, since they are hand made, there are variations from wand to wand.

I have 2 standard wands, 1 doesn't let much particles through, the other does, both using the same size screen. I can notice on the one that doesn't let particles through, the screen doesn't have any play, but the one that does let particles through, the screen can move a little bit inside the wand.

You could try adding another screen in the mouthpiece, I had success with that, but I also far prefer running my vapor through a bong.

A bong will always trap those particles, will cool the vapor, and moisturize it too.
That way you can either take larger hits, or the same hits with less irritation.

Bongs are also fun too ;)

As for when to change the screen, I hold an empty wand up to a light source, and look through the screen, you will be able to see how many "pores" of the screen are clogged.
You can just give the wand an ISO wash with the screen in there, and it'll clean it fairly well.

Another option is to crank your surfer up to max power, and hit the wand empty a few times, that should clear out quite a few of the clogged pores too.

Frederick McGuire,

hoorah

I will give it a whirl.

How does running vape through the bong work? Just replace the downpipe with the wand?

hoorah,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
If the bong has a 14mm GonG downstem, You can just stick your silicone tubing (the mouthpiece end, just remove the mouthpiece) into the downstem and you are good to go.

7th floor also sell Water Pipe adapters, which are basically a little piece of glass that would replace your mouthpiece, and it has a Glass fitting that will mate up with a bong nicely.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: BoldtVapor

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
If the bong has a 14mm GonG downstem, You can just stick your silicone tubing (the mouthpiece end, just remove the mouthpiece) into the downstem and you are good to go.

7th floor also sell Water Pipe adapters, which are basically a little piece of glass that would replace your mouthpiece, and it has a Glass fitting that will mate up with a bong nicely.

Just got one of those glass fittings the other day. It fits great. Now I just need the new heater cover I ordered (broke the one I had) so I can try it out.....can't wait.:tup:

BoldtVapor,

hoorah

Sounds good, would u need the hands free attachment?

So go for a bong with a 14mm downpipe?

hoorah,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Sounds good, would u need the hands free attachment?

So go for a bong with a 14mm downpipe?

No need for hands free unless you want, I use a standard to vapor bong with. I prefer the standard because I Ike to be able to "steer" my air flow. If you get a bong with a 14mm it will mate right up, if you see an 18mm you feel like you have to have, you just need an 18 to 14 reducer. I also found out recently when I broke my 18mm dbl female that my whip fits into an 18mm male with an air tight seal, well at least on my David Goldstein it does.

Puffers,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
7'th floor also makes the waterpipe glass fitting in 18.8 mm. It's on the same pulldown menu as the 14 mm ones. I bought the 14 mm one and it fits great.

BoldtVapor,

hoorah

I changed screen, it's much tighter, bit of a bastard to get in actually ... I guess the heat and cleans with alcohol degraded the current screen. It seems to be ok but if I get anymore herb in my mouth I will use 2 screens ...

You guys have won my curiousity, being a former bong user (I started on bongs and moved to SSV) I gotta give this a whirl!

Have to say, the SSV is worth every penny, once you start vapeing you just don't go back!

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
You can also put a screen at the junction mouthpiece/tubing or a biological cotton tight cut in circle at the junction wand/tubing, or you could get something like the Aquavape (which is IMO the BEST WATER TOOL FOR THE SSV IMO)! ;)

FLskwat,
Reactions: Shoff

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Stage 3..........starting out small. Gonna add a few more things soon. :)

DSCN1658600_zps6eac3dab.jpg

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
U just added the colored hose right? That has an advantage of not looking all dirty and resinated after a while too :tup: might need to get me one. my hose has got some multi stage coloring right now........from vapor claim :lol:

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
U just added the colored hose right? That has an advantage of not looking all dirty and resinated after a while too :tup: might need to get me one. my hose has got some multi stage coloring right now........from vapor claim :lol:
The hose and the waterpipe. I love how I can finally use one and it not be filthy with ashes and grime after only a few days.

BoldtVapor,

hoorah

Stage 3..........starting out small. Gonna add a few more things soon. :)

DSCN1658600_zps6eac3dab.jpg

What mods / extra do you have? Handsfree and a red hose?

Excatly what I was thinking ... clear hose looks rank after a month and alcohol doesnt work much.

hoorah,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Thinking about a double hose wand with this setup on one and a Saturn tamer with a valve mouthpiece on the other.

BoldtVapor,

TDA

This isn't good :(

I recently purchased a SSV with SGG. Accidentally blew material onto the heating element and after cleaning / putting everything back together, the heating element now sits a little lower than before. The HC went all the way down until I felt a "lock" sound and sits on top of the screws. Should it be flush with the screws? Maybe I put it on wrong or not all the way?

I've gone through so much material trying to figure this out :science:

The vape only produces when turned up all the way and I still don't combust. I really hope there's an easy fix to this, does anyone know what to do?

TDA,
Top Bottom