Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm not sure if anyone has posted a mod like this yet but I figured out a way to shorten the air path on the standard wand. I used a piece of the silicon tubing from my UD as a spacer.

2012-09-13%2013.25.31.jpg
I personally like the wands with extra long bowl areas.. so when I order, I always mention "I want the longer wands"
Your solution is a good one, but don't forget,, you can also request a shorter "bowl".
Photoon2012-09-23at15073_zps3437b41f.jpg

Hola fellow vaporists

First off I just wanna give a shout out to the regs on the ssv thread as well as the entire FC community you guys have opened my eyes to a whole new world over the last 2 + years I've been lurking alas onwards

I bought my silver middle of July and although i was fairly confident I would be satisfied with my
Purchase, needless to say I was
Blown away at every aspect of the silver surfer design, stability, beauty, performance, the clean vaped feeling.

I have the standard connection and no attachments as of yet, I use the tokin method of intake just tossing the bud in and choppin it
Up with scissors.

I do have a few questions as I am still a newby to whipped vapes.

1. Do most users regularly start off at a low temp and work their way up as they progress through their bowl or do you throw it to the "sweet spot" temp and vape away? I'm curious as I go with method 2 and although
I have already made back so much money on saved material is this a way to take it further?

2. Now that I've found the groove with the stock setup what would
Be your recommendation for my next addition to my collection.

3. Love to here some user feedback about vaping kief is there any difference to vaping kief compared to a normal bowl?

4. Personal experience about your tolerance once you turned to vaping? This is more curiosity I just wanna see where I'm headed vapin 2-3 times a day depending on work

Anyways thanks to anyone that just read through my novel of a post and good vaping to all

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Congrats on getting your surfer man these things are fucking awesome, and welcome to FC.

1. I just set mine to the sweet spot, but I am normally in a hurry. I regulate temp more by air flow then dial. I inhale very quickly on my first 2 rips to try and vape the lower temp stuff. Then pull slower til it's cooked out. It would be most likely more efficient to slowly move up through the temp range so that too much heat doesn't destroy or change low temp compounds though.

2. Glass if you don't have it. For me the only thing better then a surfer is my surfer hooked to my fritted tube :tup:

3. I normally just top bowls with kief or hash to stretch em better. If your going kief only lay it on some Abv so it doesn't fall through your screen.

4. I'd say my baseline tolerance is pretty much unchanged once I established my vaping routine but I don't seem to get as medicated when I combust though. So I think my tolerance is higher then before but stable, if that makes any sense........

stoneloc

1. Do most users regularly start off at a low temp and work their way up as they progress through their bowl or do you throw it to the "sweet spot" temp and vape away? I'm curious as I go with method 2 and although
I have already made back so much money on saved material is this a way to take it further?

2. Now that I've found the groove with the stock setup what would
Be your recommendation for my next addition to my collection.

3. Love to here some user feedback about vaping kief is there any difference to vaping kief compared to a normal bowl?

4. Personal experience about your tolerance once you turned to vaping? This is more curiosity I just wanna see where I'm headed vapin 2-3 times a day depending on work

Anyways thanks to anyone that just read through my novel of a post and good vaping to all

1. Sweet spot here. I leave it pointing just to the right of the logo, and that seems to work well for me.I stir halfway through the bowl.

2. Hands-free attachment is boss. I have the spherical ground glass setup, and while I like the tactile bits, sometimes I also like to just set it up and be able to grab the whip and take a couple of puffs, like during movies. You do lose the ability to aim the flow and absolutely have to stir, but it's very convenient.

3. It's stronger. :) Also seems to gum up the screen like a mofo. I agree with the above advice about making sure there's something between it and the screen. Make sure that if you're using pressed kief that you crumble it. Surface area is king when vaping.

4. No change in tolerance for the vape, per se. Just depends on how much you're medicating. You'll medicate more with less flowers using a vape, so in that sense your tolerance goes down--my consumption dropped between 25 and 50% as far as what I was getting from the dispensary. But overall, the tolerance curve depends on how much of the active ingredients you're cranking through. T-breaks are necessary no matter what delivery method you're using.

Re: vaping vs. combustion, I get more medicated when I combust, kinda. I think it's not being used to the CBD (you don't get as much vaping) so it makes me groggier. Bowl doesn't last nearly as long, of course. I prefer the vaping effects, actually. More controllable.

stoneloc,
Reactions: Vitolo

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Just finished the paint on the base........now I'm wondering if I should paint the silver housing too. I like the raw aluminum look but, I really like the way the newer ones look with the custom paints.
Any ideas?

Looks sweet man what kind of paint did you use? Did u hand paint the black into the base?

Puffers,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Thanks, It's called "webbing spray"... I found it at a local craft store. It's super easy to do and it was under 5 bucks. The red is spray paint and I put a few coats of clear sealer on it too.

BoldtVapor,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Thanks, It's called "webbing spray"... I found it at a local craft store. It's super easy to do and it was under 5 bucks. The red is spray paint and I put a few coats of clear sealer on it too.

Nice it looks sick, and there's no way I have a hand that could do that. I might do mine too, its looks the same as yours used to with the purp base. Boldt ur from 707, me too, 707 puttin it down in the ssv thread :lol:

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Stage two
DSCN1634_zps46ccb340.jpg
painted the logo. Think I'm gonna stop here until I get my waterpipe attached to it in a few days. Wait'n on UPS.

BoldtVapor,

beach bum

Ok, sad night...sitting there watching a movie and all of a sudden we can hear "craaaaaacccckkkk" coming from the Surfer. :o Yep, broken heater cover. Not sure how it happened, but somehow we must have developed a minor crack that spread. Of course, it's the one piece we didn't have a spare for. Already ordered replacement (and a spare in the event of a future problem). Now will have to dust off the Q to hold us until the new parts show up...Sooooooo glad for backup vapes! :)

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
I have mine on about 16 hours everyday. I never thought it would last but I gave it a shot. No problems at all. I wish 7'th floor would build a car....I'd buy it.
Glad to hear you had a backup. Glass can break but the SSV will never die. If however, it does fail, you can hit me up. The surfer is always on at the Boldt residence. ;)

beach bum

I have mine on about 16 hours everyday. I never thought it would last but I gave it a shot. No problems at all. I wish 7'th floor would build a car....I'd buy it.
Glad to hear you had a backup. Glass can break but the SSV will never die. If however, it does fail, you can hit me up. The surfer is always on at the Boldt residence. ;)

Right on! :tup: We love our Surfer and are bummed we'll be without it for a little bit. Usually doesn't take 7th Floor long to get out in-stock parts, so fingers are crossed it'll be ready to go again soon. I agree with the quality/workmanship - thing's a beast that just keeps going.

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Thinkin' about getting a dual hose wand and hooking one to the waterpipe and the other as a whip. Maybe some plastic clamps to cut off one hose when using it solo.

BoldtVapor,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My main "Go To" vape is my standard SSV. It has been on 24/7 for almost 3 years.
When I go to sleep, I lower temp to about half, and crank it when I wake up. That unit has never even been unplugged.
The unit at 7th floor made it to 8 years and died last year.
Not a problem.... even out of warranty, and even if a TANK ran over your unit....
...any repair is 25 dollars- good as new!

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
My main "Go To" vape is my standard SSV. It has been on 24/7 for almost 3 years.
When I go to sleep, I lower temp to about half, and crank it when I wake up. That unit has never even been unplugged.
The unit at 7th floor made it to 8 years and died last year.
Not a problem.... even out of warranty, and even if a TANK ran over your unit....
...any repair is 25 dollars- good as new!
Gotta love that. I wish other companies stood behind their product like that.

BoldtVapor,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Thinkin' about getting a dual hose wand and hooking one to the waterpipe and the other as a whip. Maybe some plastic clamps to cut off one hose when using it solo.

7th floor already thought of the problem and is one step ahead. The dual hose adapter has a check valve system built into it. The suction from one hose closes the check valve to the hose not being used with a little ball against the mouth piece.

Mine stays on about 16 hrs a day here too, like Vito mine never goes off but I turn mine almost all the way down so the beast does get some rest :lol:

That dual hose adapter sounds pretty neat. Had no Idea they designed or were designing something like that. On a side note, has anyone here tried the spherical ground glass wand? Curious if it functions any better or differently then other wand/HC setups.

Shoff

I had one a while back, and it gives about the same hits as the normal wand with the exception that you can get away with a little more herb in the spherical wand. I prefer the handsfree nature of the ground glass connection, but it will still satisfy!

Top Bottom