haydenxxl

Can someone help me find a black base w/ white top silver surfer? I dont want the en passant edition, those triangles would trip me out to hard lol.

haydenxxl,

haydenxxl

Thanks for the help, i noticed ssv stopped offering the white top around or a little before the time when the en passant came out. Id get the passant but I dont have a desire for the spherical GG, and the +150 price tag. Id rather spend that on a glass piece than have a bunch of extra stuff I will never use you know?

haydenxxl,

Ben Katz

Thanks for the help, i noticed ssv stopped offering the white top around or a little before the time when the en passant came out. Id get the passant but I dont have a desire for the spherical GG, and the +150 price tag. Id rather spend that on a glass piece than have a bunch of extra stuff I will never use you know?

Exactly! What are you going to do instead?

Ben Katz,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Thanks man. So I did everything you said and this helped me realized my unit may just not be getting hot enough. With the knob on the way you instructed at 2 and 12 o clock I get nothing no matter how long I try but the heater does glow orange in the middle. At 4 or 5 o clock max temp I can get really small hits but not much and the vaporables are the same color as they were to begin with. Using Standard tried another new screen and I'm being sure to make sure the wand and heater have a nice gentle seal

What is crazy is earlier today it wasn't working and I randomly put the knob back on and all of the sudden it worked great for 6 to 8 bowls and my ideal temp setting was 1 to 2 o clock. Then after I turned it off and came back later I've had no luck.

hey clarko are u still having problems? when i first got my ssv i was having the same issue and happened after blowback too and it seemed to just go away. did blowback happen when vapor-bonging? i had some issues caused by company over and first time vape or ssv users..so heres a tip, while breaking up herb and warming up the surfer, give guests a breif general rundown of how to use. and general warnings like to not blow. they should try and match your speed and legenth of the draw, as it likely is the best for the temp you use. too slow and they could combust in the wand and too fast and they may not get any vapor.

let me know if i can continue to try and help you.

YoGranMazPimp,

clarko

hey clarko are u still having problems?
Yeah my surfers still down. I'll turn it all the way up and nothing in the bowl will combust. It was not caused by vapor bonging just standard wand and whip. I wrote 7th floor seeing as I ordered it straight from the surfer website but I still have not received an email back. I appreciate all your help man and I guess all i need to know now is if I'm going in the right direction by emailing 7th floor.

clarko,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^well you don't really want combustion. That means the herb got too hot.. you want light vapor. The length of your draw makes a difference too. At almost any temp, if you pull to fast you won't get anything. It's better for a medium temp and a longer draw. As for drawing speed I once read a tip on here that stuck with, the higher temp, the faster draw. The lower, the slower. I remembered it cause the latter part rhymes. Lower=slower. There are many videos that give usage recommendations, have you checked them out? Otherwise it does seem that contacting 7th floor may be the best route.

Don't get discouraged, happy vaping will come soon.

YoGranMazPimp,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Haydenxxl-
i noticed ssv stopped offering the white top around or a little before the time when the en passant came out.

We will most certainly hook you up you contact customercare@7thfloor.biz, its been about a year plus since we have had white housings and only brought them back for the En Passant. We are also currently testing a few new colors so we should have more options soon!

We have also started to release the videos that we have been working on forever, per the knob discussion above, this might help.

Look for our other new videos on the channel on replacing your HC or using attachements. We have a few more in the can but would love FC's feedback on what we have already posted for sure. Also check out the new duff jar video, if you're someone who likes to blow out your wand when its done.

Thanks to you all for your patience with our customer care response times, we are just getting hammered with requests of all types but things are calming a bit so we should catch up ASAP!

Thanks to you all for creating such a intelligent thread, we truly have killer customers!

chris@7thfloor.biz

clarko

^^^well you don't really want combustion. That means the herb got too hot.. you want light vapor. The length of your draw makes a difference too. At almost any temp, if you pull to fast you won't get anything. It's better for a medium temp and a longer draw. As for drawing speed I once read a tip on here that stuck with, the higher temp, the faster draw. The lower, the slower. I remembered it cause the latter part rhymes. Lower=slower. There are many videos that give usage recommendations, have you checked them out? Otherwise it does seem that contacting 7th floor may be the best route.

Don't get discouraged, happy vaping will come soon.

I appreciate it man. 7th floor emailed me back with some stuff to troubleshoot so I'm going to try it out now and carefully play around with my heating element and email them back. I've heard that before with the draw speed. Although it doesn't always seem to b the case with my extreme. Maybe its how easy the screen gets clogged (or the fact that I can't pull hard because I have asthma) but the harder I pull the bigger the hit. I am not using that method on my surfer. Although I still pull pretty hard the reason I know there must be something wrong with it is my vaporables are beautiful and the first day I had this thing with the same vaporables it was awesome and set at a lower temp. It put off tons of thick vapor like the extreme was giving me but probably more.

Now the temp can be all the way up or in the same spot where it was originally working good, and not only will nothing combust, but nothing will even turn brown or vaporize no matter how long I try even at max temp. Unfortunately that's not the problem but I wish it was and I appreciate u exploring every option with me. After all I did have some newbish knob problems earlier lol.

My ssv is fixed! Turns out all I needed to do is center my heating element a little better and pull it up slightly. Thanks everybody for all the help.

clarko,

beach bum

My ssv is fixed! Turns out all I needed to do is center my heating element a little better and pull it up slightly. Thanks everybody for all the help.

Congrats for getting this fixed, clarko! I haven't removed my hc yet, so was a little nervous when I was reading about your trouble. Glad all worked out in the end. :tup:

beach bum,
Reactions: clarko

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I was just having a look at the ssv site, and this caught my eye:
DualHoseWands_1.jpg

http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wands/dual-hose-wands.html

Dual Hose Wands with Valved mouthpieces.

Pretty cool stuff :clap:

dirtpie

Man, that looks like a blast. Very happy they have valved mouthpieces otherwise seshes could be very one sided especially if a new vaporist is paired up with an experienced one at the same time. I really miss my SSV.

dirtpie,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
So they actually made it aye :lol:

I remember one of the 7thfloor guys coming to this thread about a year ago or more inquiring if there would be an interested in something like a multi-user whip.

I actually pointed out to them that they had to come up with some sort of valve system first to make it work. It's not quite clear from the pictures how what they came up with works though, but it seems like they've figured it out. Anyone has more info/knowledge on how it works perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

dirtpie

With out too much to go off of from their pics it looks just like how the valves in a hookah work. When you're inhaling the force pulls the ball up allowing air to pull out. If the hose isn't being used then the ball just sits over the hole.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, I've never used a hooker myself. Yeah, that would work. So that little black thing on the left mouthpiece would be one of those balls then?

OhTheAgony,

Oxen

My ground glass wand's joint has shattered :cry:

I need a new wand and I want opinions on standard vs spherical ground.

Also, I have some questions on SSV and bubble hash. What is the optimal way of doing it, because for me it only worked when I packed the wand full with hash or when I used a screen to suspend hash near the tip of the wand, bringing it closer to the heat. I assume how close the hash is to heating is the key. To this end I am looking at the ceramic flavor discs they have. Could these be used to create an elevated platform for the hash to vaporize well?

Oxen,

Ben Katz

I prefer the standard above the GonG for a couple of reasons:
1. The hole on the heater cover is smaller, much less chance of getting herb in the cover.
2. Accidents happen, and the GonG will slip out with some force.

I've never used the spherical GonG wand, but the advantage over standard is a more airtight seal. I don't use one because of the large hole on the heater cover.

Now buy a new wand so you can keep on vaping!

Ben Katz,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I need a new wand and I want opinions on standard vs spherical ground.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I :love:my SGG (Spherical). Each wand is different, so your mileage may vary.

First, my SGG bowl is much bigger than my standard, allowing for more "blend". This also allows for me to be more violent with stirring my bowl and much less worries of spillage. Secondly, the hole is much bigger than the standards tiny little hole. This allows for more coverage of the "blend" to be hit at once, and I swear I can tell a huge difference in flavor. And lastly, with my SGG draw speed is much more forgiving. I have yet to char a bowl no matter how slow I draw.

I do admit though, the standard will do a much better job at extracting every last bit out. My darkest ABV only comes from the standard.

So my vote is to splurge and get a new standard wand + SGG wand + SGG heater cover. Variety is the spice of life, and is so fun to switch it up every once in awhile.

Tweak,

Oxen

I prefer the standard above the GonG for a couple of reasons:
1. The hole on the heater cover is smaller, much less chance of getting herb in the cover.
2. Accidents happen, and the GonG will slip out with some force.

I've never used the spherical GonG wand, but the advantage over standard is a more airtight seal. I don't use one because of the large hole on the heater cover.
Thanks for your feedback. I read in forum post someplace that ground glass breaks easier. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but coupled with your points, standard seems like the best all around wand type.
Now buy a new wand so you can keep on vaping!
I've been forced to bong rips :uhoh:

Thing is . . . I'm being wooed by the idea of getting a custom wand. I am normally frugal, but those sexy wands are 25% off :o
But then I think: I already broke 1 wand, what if I break a custom wand? :ugh:

btw, still need help regarding the ssv and hash, anyone.

So my vote is to splurge and get a new standard wand + SGG wand + SGG heater cover. Variety is the spice of life, and is so fun to switch it up every once in awhile.
Well my SSV came with the ground glass wand and heater. So if I went with your advice I'd also need the standard heater, bringing the price up. Then again, I am considering the purchase of a custom wand :lol:

I know what you mean in regards to the spherical allowing more heat through. The ground glass is similar in effect. The standard is a new approach I would have to get use to.

All things considered, I'd be better off with 2 wand types. I am getting a standard. Should I also get a ground glass or a spherical ground glass? :|

Oxen,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
hello fellow surferists,

for those of you dont dont know, im lucky enough to reside in the city where the silver surfer was born. each of your surfers came from this beautiful city, so i got the opportunity to build my own from a mass of surfer parts and also can stop in from time to time to ask questions and check out whats new.

so when i saw the post a few days back about the dual hose i had to find out more. i went in today to the shop and inquired about the dual hosed wand. they didnt have them on display in the shop but after some asking they had one in the back. they brought it out and gave me a run down of the new pieces and how to use. i was fascinated by it, as well as the explanation of how to use.

Steve (the SSV inventor) also participated in the discussion, giving a great demonstration of the mouthpieces, i had also mentioned my participation in this great forum to him. so we were ending our interaction, me being content with the info gathered, and Steve emerges from the back room with the dual hosed wand, now complete with hoses, and offered to give it to me! i was so shocked by such a gesture, i almost felt ingenuine in my response but gratefully accepted. he wanted some feedback on it, which in will gratefully share with him.

so here is my new toy..the dual hosed wand..
302rreu.jpg

i would have accepted whatever color hoses he wanted to give, but he came with blue, which matches my surfer!

epomdw.jpg

theres a shot of the wand.

2n824ix.jpg

heres a shot of the basic mouthpiece. you guys were right about the ball joint, similar to a hookah. one end fits airtight in the hose and the other flares a bit for the mouthpiece end. the ball is secured in place by what is like a single, small ice pinch. the ball sounds to be made of glass. they also mentioned they will do worked and custom mouthpieces, as shown in the website pic shown before.

fqmpx.jpg

heres a shot i took of the wand in comparison to my standard SGG wand after noticing something interesting. the screen sits right above the colored part so you can see the herb chamber is quite a bit longer. great idea since its for two persons, the bowl can be loaded for two. i look to take advantage of this for one!

so testing will occur after this post, i just wanted to share with you all first. i just did a couple airtight tests on the mouthpieces with the ball and they seem to block off nicely when not in use. its just me vaping now so ill get a chance to see the other blocking off, and will load a double bowl to myself.

videos will soon follow.

thanks again to Steve and all the crew at 7th Fl/SSV!

vape on my friends.

YGMP.

Oh i can still edit? great!

i polished off a bowl with the dual hose wand (DHW?) and its amazing. what a great thing for two. the ball valve works great and i love that tall bowl, especially for one. even tried both hoses in my mouth, worked great!

took a vid to share with you

im nicely vaped.

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
@oxen - i saw your questions about wands and heres my opinion. spherical ground glass is my fave, great airflow at multiple angles, does need an extra accessory to use hands free however. ive never used regular ground glass, but its handsfree without anything. it has no give however. if something hits downward on the wand in handsfree with reg GG, its gonna break the hewter cover. with a spherical, the wand would just fall off. oh and for the hash, stacking the ceramic discs does work well. vito taught me that trick.

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom