Dj Bass

Hey guys!

Anyone here ever have any issues with heater covers fitting right over the metal/breaking ridiculously quick after being installed? Could it be something with the orientation of element? Does that change easily during heater cover replacement? or are they just not meant to be perfectly standardized but adjusted to? Anyway, just broke two heater cover today, one after long use, but the other only took 4 hours, and am looking for some insight to prevent further glass abuse. Any advice?

Dj Bass,

Vitolo

Vaporist
be sure there is very little freeplay.
Do this by adjusting the metal shim that fits between the HC and the element post.
it should be snug... but still be able to twist left to right when cool.

Vitolo,

Dj Bass

Thanks Vito. The quick breaking one was actually really tight, and wouldn't slide all the way down on the metal sleeve while the element spacing metal washer thing was there. I took pictures and sent them an email to see if there was anything they can do for me. Just picked up a new one and it seems to fit better. Will update with any new info.

Dj Bass,

turk

turk
...ordered two custom wands, to enhance my vaping experience....hopefully it'll come before june...

turk,

Dj Bass

positive note on their customer service tip. I sent them an email about the near immediate breakage.... And they're hookin' it up! One more plus mark on the rep of 7th floors customer service.

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Glad to hear they are taking care of you! Did it break while replacing or removing it? Havent had no reason to remove or even move my HC as of yet. Thought i was going to have to cause of some crumbs that got in there but was able to blow them out.

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: Vitolo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm sad to report that I broke my original standard heater cover the other night...
:(
I must've grabbed the wrong shim, because I gave it a little push, must've gotten the wrong leverage, and it just snapped a few mm below the air intake hole. :(

On the plus side, I've still got a spare standard heater cover (and 3 ground glass heater covers, and 2 LSV heater covers - backups = :tup:)
Maybe this was a sign to get a cool custom heater cover?

turk

turk
....those discs are for using oils and concentrates?....do you know how that works...I put concentrates (hash) in my bowl now...crushed up with weed...how does discs change this?

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
When i purchased my ssv they gave me a ceramic disc for oils. Ive tried them a few times and wasnt getting the hard hitting, hashy results i desired. The temp had to be cranked up high, the vapor was minimal, the concentrate just melted into the wand. It completely errls out the wand, making it not usable for herb untill you clean it, or have an extra wand.

I am doing a lil expieriment with one of the ceramic discs now with my ssv, and i hope to report on it soon.

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: turk

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Yeah probably could get many uses from the disc before it gets clogged like a screen. They got the white ones which have bigger pores and seem to work better with hash and wax and the black ones have smaller, more dense pores, making it better for oils.

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: turk

Vitolo

Vaporist
there are a few ways I use the discs.
I like to stack two of them, and dab oil on the top one
For very liquid oils, I put a disc in wand, lay a screen on it... top it with second disc, and I dab on the top disc.
for thicker oils I sandwich the dab betweeen discs.
for full melts, I use only one disc- I put abv bed in wand, add disc.. and let a bit of abv "seal the space" around top.. and I dab onto that one disc!
Photoon2012-02-01at1256.jpg

Dj Bass

So my heater cover cracked on the insert of my second loaded wand, and shattered on the removal, as far as my ears and eyes could tell me. Chris (the 7th floor customer service rep) and I came to an agreement it was probobly just a mismatch on the heater cover seat and heater cover size. He had this to say about a "new heater cover seat" I told him I'd share with my homies:

"I would also like to suggest our NEW Upgraded heater stand, which allows the shims to be removed completely. The upgrade will take no longer than 10 days and we have it back to you as soon as we finish. "

I am pretty attached to my surfer so I asked him for pics and details (which I will also share) before I go forward with the upgrade.

Anyone else have experience with this? Is it old news?

Dj Bass,
Reactions: Robaba89

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^glad to hear they got you taken care of. I wonder if i got the New HC style? Just got my surfer about 3 months ago. Chris is cool, he usually tends to the calls and runs the retail, also blows knobs and mouthpieces.

YoGranMazPimp,

Dj Bass

New update from our fried Chris at 7th floor about the heater cover seat update. No picture sent to me, but I let him know people here are interested in news of any changes! Here's what he said:

"The heater stand upgrade has a bar added for pressure. You won't use the shims and instead you will slide the heater cover on the stand as normal. There will be a small space, between a bar and the stand, where the heater cover will slide in-between. The pressure the bar provides on the glass, holds it against the heater stand, preventing the heater cover from moving around. In the end, the chance of breaking a heater cover, with the new stand, drops tremendously."

Sounds good to me! I am soooo hesitant to send my baby out in the mail :( I'll have to do it soon though. Anyone with experience with this cover?

Dj Bass,

turk

turk
....received my order from 7th floor...10 flavor disks and 2 gog spherical wands (black)...have 2 black custom wands with the "blowers"...

turk,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
anyone know if those ceramic disks would fit in a Solo stem? I picked up one of the SSV 6 stem bubblers the other day, it's fantastic!

jambandphan03,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is too large in it's current condition, but may be able to be filed down with emory paper. (Clean carefully to remove dust before use!)

Vitolo,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks Vitolo, I might just try the cotton ball method first, it's easy and I already have it. I also just noticed that the grinder I have been using for several years says SSV on it, and until recently, I did not know what that meant. :) it's a quality grinder for sure.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom