turk

turk
...wands are important...so you may want a spare of that....screens for the ssv is not that big a deal...(not like lsv, long wand)...with a tamer you will need a mouthpiece...but once you have one you can use it with any other tamer...haven't needed a extra heating cover, but others have...the tube/whip will be something you may need addtionallly...but relax....there are always things to buy....take some time to enjoy...

turk,

beach bum

VT-related question: Do I need a VT mouthpiece? Or does the mouthpiece that comes with the unit work? Got my cart all filled up, then realized I might need this info! :uhoh:

beach bum,
35 cent 'hands free adapter':
1/3 of a binder clip and a rubber band.
photo.jpg

Yeah... unfortunately mine slips out quite easily. If I jam it in tightly it will stay in on it's own but then it's a pain getting it out to stir the bud around when it's hot :p I suppose I just find that this method works better for me, without spending 14$ on the silly hands free adapter that 7th floor sells.

Tycho's nose,

Vessel

Sorry for the dbl post - I haven't been here for awhile.

Well I am highly considering the SSV to add to my small library of vapes. Some things I am curious about :

1. I know that the standard HC/wand seems to be most preferred with its ability for the user to direct the air path to wand, and the size of hole on the std HC I've read allows more vapor-air ratio ..

My question is what is the value and perks of the hands free GG version besides that its hands free ? Could anyone tell me of any benefits over the standard that would justify the increase in price ? I've read that you can use the dome screens on the EQ on the GG which I think I would like since I already own and love the EQ. Does anyone know if this is able to preform like the EQ or better :ko: with this method.

2. Also how does it compare in conservation to the EQ if anyone knows ?

I've read allot about the ssv, but haven't quite touched on conservation - With the eq - I can use as little as .2ish in the elb and get a nice vapor experience that's could send me out into another realm on a low tolerance. With the standard HC setup, how much do you guys in general usually use for getting properly vaked ?

Thanks everyone -

Vessel,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My max load with the ssv is 0.2 - 0.3g. It's usually closer to the 0.1-0.2g range.

I personally prefer the GonG handsfree over the std HC.
I find it about better for vape-binging, as I can have 1 hand to hold the piece, and 1 hand to pull the WPA to clear the piece.
With the std, I have 1 hand holding my glass, and the other hand has to hold the wand and pull the WPA at the same time. Its not a major inconvenience, but it justifies the GonG IMO.
I also find very little (if any) between the vapor from a GonG and the vapor from a std

With either one, you should still stir between every hit.
So basically, if youre runnin it through water id say go for GomG, if your just using it dry, go for the std.
(an d if you can, get one of each so uyou can try them yourself - it's always good to have a backup HC :cool:)

IMO the ssv is head and shoulders above the EQ, but I seem to have a lower value for it than the general FC consensus.
It's easier to get quality vapor with less herb with the ssv IMO, so I guess that wins conservation...

Frederick McGuire,

Vessel

Greetings And Thanks to you, Frederick McGuire :wave: - ( Looks like I am waving my finger, and maybe I am ).

I enjoyed reading your post as it has excited me even further for my upcoming introduction with the SSV.

I've been thinking about it some more and I think another possible + the GG has over the standard HC would be the ability to preheat herbal material before medivaping. I suppose you could do this with the original setup but wouldn't be something I would want to necessarily do. I have better use for my hands, like waving my finger in the air at people, or pressing a button.. :wave:

If I find the SSV as well as you do, then I will be really glad I went ahead with this purchase. I like the EQ for I find it really easy,convenient and simple to use. I guess what I fear I may have trouble with the most w/ the ssv is temp control -

I like to start out at a lower temp then move up - On the EQ thats made really easy with the digital temp control - while maybe not exact, it still serves as a really nice reference point of sorts - I start out or leave it at 195-190 c and then depending on amount loaded or tolerance, will raise it up to 200-205 further down the line. - 210 if my tolerance is up more than it should be. I can make a nice sized cyclone bowl last along time- by hitting it at the right temps.

I guess its possible to do this with the ssv - start out at 12-12:30- then move up to 1:30-2 -

? Can anyone chime in on the difficulty involved in regulating the temp knob consistently each time with the SSV - Anyone Know the difference in temperature between the various knob positions - say 12 and 1 on the dial - ? I would be very interested to know this.

I'll maybe make some markings for points of reference, A clock might work if I can do it right to make it look cool.

Vessel,

turk

turk
....don't find much variation in temp. of individual models...your ssv will pretty much stay consistent at the settings you learn...meaning the heat at 12 noon will stay consistent, you can move to 12:30 or 1 and try that, ..it takes approx a week to learn your various leels and solidify your "sweer spott"....but this is "happy" learnining....the technique of starting low in temp and moving up is embraced by the ssv...cheers.

turk,

Vessel

Whats up with the different standard heat covers ? One seems to have a glass base, and one doesn't.

I read about how ones for the perforated base and one is for the stainless steel base unit or the more recent models. When I am looking for std HC's, not to many places specify which one you want - - I assume most places are just selling the stainless steel base as its most common. In case anyone is confused :

http://silversurfervap.com/standard-heater-cover.html under *stand style.

Is it safe to assume that just about any standard HC you order will be for the stainless steel base model unless otherwise noted ?

Also is it safe to assume if one were to order from say puffitup, that the ssv would be one of the newer models with the Stainless steel base ?

Sorry if i am clogging up this forum with neubery, I've been a bit excited about this for sometime now, I ll limit my inquires and focus on reading older material, some I've already found useful and comforting.

Vessel,

misanthrope

I got my SSV a few weeks ago and thoroughly recommend it, having tried Iolite and Volcano it was the SS which finally became a firm favourite. Still crave conventional smoking a bit (until I've had a couple of vapes) but that is more my fault for getting addicted to a tobacco/skunk combo.

The question I'm here to ask is; does anyone find that as their wand fills up with grains of thc/avb etc that more of the thc gets caught in there and the vapour is less effective as a result? Or is that all in my imagination.

Also was wondering about the best cleaning methods for the SSV wand etc? I'm especially interested in a method that doesn't involve Iso alcohol 'cos I don't have any atm. Also is the contents of the wand (stuck to the inside) better used in cooking (with your other abv), smoking or re-vaping?

Cheers in advance for any replies guys!

misanthrope,

Vessel

Hey - I've read enough to help you out - I can't find the post(Ill keep looking), but I remember someone very creditable saying to the effect that dirty vaping pieces such as the honey in the wand or tubing could rob your vapor of some of the good stuff. It may not be much, but on a higher than normal tolerance, perhaps you can tell the difference, I believe I have experienced this to a degree.

The best method for cleaning any tubing would be to run hot water through the tubing frequently. After each session everyday that's what some do. If its pretty dirty and you want to run something through it, I have tried undoing a coat hanger and straightening it out and using that as push rod to push a rolled up piece of paper towel through after having boiled it in plain water. You can also boil the whip too, but hot water running through it if its not to dirty will keep it clean.. Its easier to keep it clean all the time, but some enjoi the honey hash that collects in these areas, but for some its not worth it.

Iso and tubing will never mix, it will harden the tubing and make it not nice.

hope this helps a bit.

Vessel,

Vessel

Hey as for the honey, all of the above..But revaping it can be nice, but not so much nice tasting.

Try this - Get a spoon and put a bit of real butter on it. Take out some oil from your whip, a fair amount, and put it on the butter that's on the spoon and begin to heat over a stove gently, then after that has mixed in, put the contents of the spoon in some yogurt. I like to put it in small portions of yougurt, 1-2 bites so it tastes rather cannabinoidey- Its really mellow but effective.

Vessel,

turk

turk
...interesting note: if you order new tubing from 7th floor, it's black now...impossible to tell where accumulation is occuring...anyone have a "work around"...I'm listening..

turk,

Vessel

Well reminiscing about dirty tubing I know that the thicker majority of the honey is in the first 3-6" of the tube that's coming from the vape- though its spread out pretty sparsely after that but nothing much to really go after imo. The better batch of honey is in the glass wand or elbow if that is what your where getting at . ? !! ... ?

Vessel,
Call me a newb, but I really don't see a big deal with build up on tubing. I rinse mine with soapy water a few times a week and that seems to retain most of the flavor for now.

Tycho's nose,

turk

turk
.....well with the "clear" tubing that came with the ssv....it was easy to see....the black def. takes that away....I do like tycho,...and rinse the tubing often...

turk,

max

Out to lunch
...interesting note: if you order new tubing from 7th floor, it's black now...impossible to tell where accumulation is occuring...anyone have a "work around"...I'm listening..
I can only think that they were out of other colors, although they advertise 8 colors, plus clear. And the colored tubing is $1 more. I can't imagine that they're only supplying black. They're all about providing options at 7th Floor.

Another good place for tubing- http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=856&parentcatid=-1 They sell in 10' lengths, and you want 3/8" ID and 1/2" OD.

max,

SSV Jim

Company Rep
I can only think that they were out of other colors, although they advertise 8 colors, plus clear. And the colored tubing is $1 more. I can't imagine that they're only supplying black. They're all about providing options at 7th Floor.

Another good place for tubing- http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=856&parentcatid=-1 They sell in 10' lengths, and you want 3/8" ID and 1/2" OD.

Turk, Max, we were indeed out of the clear tubing for a few weeks. We have clear tubing back in stock now and it is available on all of our websites.

SSV Jim,

turk

turk
....me personally, I like the black....just have to develop a method for getting the stuff out of it...

turk,
I didn't realize you could actually extract resin from the tubing. Did you just scrape it off with something and blow it out the other end?

Tycho's nose,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
....me personally, I like the black....just have to develop a method for getting the stuff out of it...

I'd just toss in a lil iso, hold both ends closed and swish from side to side in the tube. I had a friend combust in my ssv so I just replaced the tube.

YoGranMazPimp,

turk

turk
I'd just toss in a lil iso, hold both ends closed and swish from side to side in the tube. I had a friend combust in my ssv so I just replaced the tube.
....yep, that's what I'm doing..however, that doesn't allow us an opportunity to get the "good stuff"..

turk,
Top Bottom