HuskerMath

I've messed with it about four times now, and I still can't get the temp seeing right. I like thick clouds, and someone else posted a video with amazing clouds on it. Where should it be? 2:00? I know that draw speed matters, of course, but I'm looking for a normal draw speed. Thanks for any help!

HuskerMath,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's a combination of the right amount of herb, the right draw speed, and the right setting. There are few different possibilities that will provide the same cloudy result though.

My fav was the knob on 1300 hours, about 0,2gram finely ground loose in the wand (unpacked) and a slow smooth draw. Stir after every draw.

There are variables though, like positioning of the knob, length of the the wand, distance of the heating element to the heater cover opening, so basically that advice I just gave you doesn't have to mean anything perse.

Also, what could be a normal draw speed to you might just be fast for someone else.

Just keep playing with it, it isn't that hard :tup:

Do you have problems getting your ABV nice and dark btw?

OhTheAgony,

hoorah

So I've had SSV about 4 - 5 weeks, recommended by you guys, it's f**** amazing! But I should have cleaned it ages ago :(

I just cleaned it, before I ran it through with acetone (hard to get iso alco here but will try) and salt I scraped out all the black / brown sticky stuff from downpipe. I believe it to be resin, I have about quite a bit, should I smoke it? Bad for my health? Will make the vape dirty straight away?

Cheers

hoorah,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
vape it :brow: . It's good- not so tasty, but fairly potent :ko:

It's often called 'Wand hash' here on FC

WatTyler,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Glad to hear you love your ssv. I as well love my surfer... I wouldnt smoke the stuff extracted with acetone but if you got resin from scrapings, absolutely smoke it! Its like liquid gold. It will dirty your screen and wand. I tried concentrates in my ssv and they just melted in the wand and got minimal vapor and it needed a cleaning before i could vape herb in it again.

YoGranMazPimp,

hoorah

I just used 1 of them nail files with the hooks on the end that women use to scrape the down pipe. Got about 80% of wand hash then rinsed it with acetone and salt but straight into sink, didn't try and save that, would be highly toxic and stupid!

HpDmR.jpg

What kind of heat for wand hash? I only turn my vape heat to about 16-17:00 from the start position (18-19:00) for my weed and sometimes its still a little black!

hoorah,

HuskerMath

My fav was the knob on 1300 hours, about 0,2gram finely ground loose in the wand (unpacked) and a slow smooth draw. Stir after every draw.

PERFECT. Exactly what I was looking for! I haven't had this long enough to get any ABV, but on my old one, I would end up with a caramel color. If I went much beyond that, I would get combustion no matter how low the thing was turned. I'm expecting to be able to squeeze more out of the herb with this better model...

HuskerMath,

max

Out to lunch
What kind of heat for wand hash?
You turn the temp high enough to vaporize it.

I only turn my vape heat to about 16-17:00 from the start position (18-19:00) for my weed and sometimes its still a little black!
The temp knob can be pulled off and put back with the indicator in any position, so comparing to other units doesn't really mean anything. If your ABV is black then the temp is nearly at combustion point and your vapor would be very harsh. Even if you take it to high temps it's not a good idea to start there. You'll go through your herb in a flash. Start low and move the temp up when vapor quits being produced at a particular setting.

max,

SacToker

When i purchased my ssv they gave me a ceramic disc for oils. Ive tried them a few times and wasnt getting the hard hitting, hashy results i desired. The temp had to be cranked up high, the vapor was minimal, the concentrate just melted into the wand. It completely errls out the wand, making it not usable for herb untill you clean it, or have an extra wand.

I am doing a lil expieriment with one of the ceramic discs now with my ssv, and i hope to report on it soon.
hmm this is the first I've heard about this disc and I've had 3 SSVs :lol: . I'll have to snag one and do some experimenting as well.

SacToker,

beach bum

Wow! 120 pages is daunting (and to think I made it all the way through the Extreme, PD and MZ threads over past years)! I think I've made it through about 1/2, and will keep on reading. This one's been calling my name for a while. Just can't decide what color and "goodies" I want to go with it. :brow: After seeing Vitolo's connection primer, I'm convinced the standard connection is what I'd prefer (thanks, as always, for your helpful hints/videos!).

Digging a glass knob. Pretty sure I want a VT - still going back and forth between the fatty and Saturn. If it's posted, I missed it (my eyes are pretty glazed after all the reading...likely my bad) - could somebody please comment on which one stays cooler longer? Also, any need for a custom mouthpiece or is the one that's included sufficient (and, if you get a glass knob and mouthpiece, will 7th Floor try to match 'em from what they have in stock)? Finally...any real difference in ordering from Vapeworld v. 7th Floor? I've ordered from both previously. Thanks in advance, fellow FC'ers, for any thoughts/advice. :)

beach bum,

cluffy

Vaker
Cheers beach bum! I haven't posted in a while because my new job is taking up most of my time, but I think I can be of some help here. Good choice on the standard connection, I don't think there is a performance difference between a custom and the included wand but the custom will probably be thicker glass. I still prefer my Vapor Bros. mini wand... :-P Pretty sure they will match up your custom glass for you though, especially if you contact them w/ email or phone. As far as Vapor Tamers, some info is available on my VT thread here, first post has most of it. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/7th-floor-vapor-tamers.4446/
Get that baby ordered so you can enjoy pulling some cool 7th Floor reaching hits!!!

cluffy,

beach bum

Thanks for the reply, Cluffy. I see that Vitolo really digs his Fatty and others speak highly of the Saturn - not sure I can go wrong either way. Any clue which one stays cool longer? Now just have to figure out exactly what I want in terms of color scheme. Sweet looking vape with a long track record!

Was looking for something a little stronger whip-wise than the Extreme (which died recently after over 2 years of trusty use - had a friend visiting who pulled it over when his foot got tangled in the cord). I didn't have the heart to tell him he just trashed our vape. So have a Q on the way for my other-half (who LOVED the Extreme) but I want to try something a little different and this one just seems to fit what I'm looking for. :rockon:

Anybody order their tubing from 7th Floor? Or do you pick it up elsewhere?

beach bum,

cluffy

Vaker
The Saturn stays cooler longer and is just a little more air restrictive than the Fatty, but the difference is negligible. In either case, you shouldn't need more than 15 minutes with the SSV and a VT to get your desired results. You'll have to put either of them back in the freezer in order to get the full effect for the next session anyway. Best bet is to have two and rotate, but it's not necessary if you put your VT back in the freezer right after your session before it loses it's cool. I keep my VT's in a mini fridge next to my PC/vaping desk... :chill:

cluffy,

vincent

I'm about a month in with the SSV, after a brief courtship with the MFLB. I'm typically at 2:00 if 5:00 is the max. Long slow draws provide a nice thick exhale.

Hooked it up to my Pure 18 inch with cold water and ice. Took it to an entirely different level.

vincent,
Reactions: cluffy

beach bum

Not sure if this should be in the glass thread...but given it's to be used with the SSV, will post here (sorry mods if I got it wrong). Can somebody recommend a decent piece of glass to go with this thing? Something that's available via mail order in the US? Have a Blue Dot, but it'll likely be too large to milk properly.

beach bum,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I quite like how my SSV pairs up with my RX Industries 14' beaker.
I haven't tried it with anything bigger than that (but my LSV milks up my Sov King Stemline effortlessly [and that's a bit bigger than the RX Industries beaker]).
I would think the SSV should be able to handle just about any size piece.

IMO, you should be more concerned with how much drag the piece has.
Too much drag could make it harder to get the hits you're used to.

Frederick McGuire,

beach bum

I quite like how my SSV pairs up with my RX Industries 14' beaker.
I haven't tried it with anything bigger than that (but my LSV milks up my Sov King Stemline effortlessly [and that's a bit bigger than the RX Industries beaker]).
I would think the SSV should be able to handle just about any size piece.

IMO, you should be more concerned with how much drag the piece has.
Too much drag could make it harder to get the hits you're used to.

Not a whole lot of drag on the Blue Dot - just lots of volume. I'm thinking something a little smaller than what I have (perhaps like your RX Industries 14') might be a little more manageable.

beach bum,

VaporEyeSore

VaporEyeSore,
Reactions: beach bum

turk

turk
...i have the fatty tamer for my ssv....no, it doesn;t last long...but it doesn't need to...8-12 minutes...you are flying...and as cluffy said after you're through just pop it back in freezer...sweet...

turk,

beach bum

Thanks turk! I'll be picking up one of those VTs, that's for sure! Now just have to decide what color...guess I should have picked sooner - likely could have scored a 4/20 discount had I planned ahead. However, given I've now read all 120 pages, guess it's time for a reward. :brow:

beach bum,
Reactions: cluffy

turk

turk
...it;s almost impossible to articulate how much the tamers enhance the vaping experience....it will become difficult to leave home...I have a saturn on the way so I will always have one handy...not portable though, these are home bodies...even my gf (and other novices) "get" the tamers...they really are something...

turk,

JAM

ok just ordered a silver surfer (after a medioca exp with atmos raw). currently on the way. however the guy that sold it said he broke the original wand and is selling it with a big buddha wand. Is that cool or should i just order the ssv wand while im waiting on the surfer to come. also should i get screens. (im so excited. )
basically wanna know what add ons are vital.. tamers, water thingys, screens. ..??

school me

Mod note: I have deleted the part of your post that breaks our rule about selling & soliciting within vape threads. Please take the time to read the rules here before you post again.

JAM,
Top Bottom