Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Wow Tom, wicked detailed reply! While the Sharpie mark will probably only need some steel wool or whatever, that guide for re-sanding this thing is VERY welcome. Thanks!

I have been planning to do this eventually, as I've already put some very very minor surface scratches/dents in my PD. Not because it's weak by any means--I am hard with this unit. I've dropped it many times on hard surfaces, on my desk and the floor etc., and I've actually passed out with it in my hand before...so lord knows what I've put this thing through in "other" states of consciousness. In the beginning I wasn't hard with it at all, I wanted to baby my PD because the wood is so beautiful...but after realizing what a freaking workhorse the PD is, and what type of abuse it'll take and keep on tickin'...well, my tenderness has sort of gone slack. I've still only managed to put a few small dings in the surface, and mostly at the top and on one side. It's not even noticeable unless you zone out and stare at the PD for a couple of minuets...which I tend to do when using my PD (:D), so eventually I'll clean it up and get rid of those blemishes. I really appreciate your help, and you can be sure I'll listen to ya when I'm ready to do it. Won't be for months though; I'm sure I'll abuse it a little more between now and then ;). When I'm ready to sand it down I'll make sure to take some pictures for all the FC locals.

Yeah max, I do basically the same thing with my PD. Every time I use it I turn it upside down and give the leather bottom a gentle spanking with my palm. Most of the time nothing falls out. I'd say it's pretty clean in there...so I'll take your word for it and not bother sticking a pipe cleaner down that air channel! Wouldn't want to violate my little sweetheart unnecessarily, you know. :lol:

Purple-Days said:
Don't want it lookin' too good.
Haha some how I knew you wouldn't Tom. That's too funny. Mountain-man Tom and his rugged PD...it's got "character". :lol:

partially veiled,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I dropped my ;pd; for the first time today :disgust: farken just slipped out of my hand :rolleyes: Not even a scratch :p

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well I've just made my order, and I am egarly awaiting my new mistress's arrival. ;) I can't wait to give this thing a try, and leave a real review. Thank goodness for overtime. Now I just need to get some goods. I've gotten too impatient, and ordered my PD a week before my Canadian goods come in. My local connection has decided he'll wait for a bit to increase the anisipation factor. :lol: Who knows what been so long, but damn it's been almost a week. :o Not good for this 5 times a day everyday kind of smoker. Anyways...the cannibis gods will shine down, and not let me receive a PD with nothing to vape in it. Life can truely be cruel, but it CAN'T be that cruel. Can it? :/

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I kept with the cherry like most. :) I wanted a darker wood, but my whole house is decorated in light woods (pine and cherry). I had to save for a while for it, and my office is furnished in cherry which is where the PD will reside most of the time. It will be nice to vape with confidence knowing I'm not smoking Chineese chemicals. :rolleyes:

Not to mention Tom and Pammy are fantastic people, and I'll be coming back when money flows a little more freely for the dark wood model. I think I'll get one of those beautiful "Billy Bowls" too. That will have to wait for March (my birthday). The Vapor Genie will be my request for Christmas. :p What a perfect combo in my opinion. PD and VG for this neo-hippie. :D Now off to find a worthy delacacy for my new loves palette. I hope I can find someting. I sure in the hell ain't going to smoke that Spice Diamond in the PD. :lol:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
right on DD...I think you'll love the PD. If you're serious about the VG, then check out the vaporstar thread here, too. That may be even better than the VG.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sure you'll be another happy PD owner. You must be sure of it too. Hell, you're already planning to buy a 2nd one and you haven't tried the first one yet. :lol: I'd say that positive attitude is a testament to the faith you have in Tom and your fellow PD owners, and I, for one, thank you for the trust you show in our PD testimonies. :cool:

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I explicitly trust most of the people here for all my information regaurding healthy consuption of MJ. You are some of the nicest/snartest people I've met on the net, and I will call this my home site for many years to come. Thank you all for your advise, and I look forward to leaving another great review for the PD. Tom and Pammy are uniquely fantastic people, and it will be a pleasure to do business any time with them. Once I really try the PD, then I will be pushing their product like water in a desert. lol I've already talked mt bud at work...( if he likes vapeing for the first time when I get the PD at work on Saturday hopefully :lol: ) ...in joining this site, and buying one. He's been listening to me ramble as long as you guys have about how awesome vaping is. He'll come around.

Thanks again...

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The PD brings people together. :D

Hope you like it as much as we do. :)

vtac,

Costanza

So I'm quite new at Vaporizing. In fact I've never tried.
Its because of this fact [as well as the expensive sets, the unpopularity and overall ignorance surrounding the scene. (Most people I've talked to just think its another way to smoke weed.)] that I hadn't previously been interested.
But one day out of the blue (yesterday, really) I decided to put some research into this strange, financial gamble of a smoking method. From what I saw there were little to no flaws and so decided that I wasn't going to half-ass it and become one of the people turned off from vaporizing by some cheapo smoke shop vape. To the internet it was!
And after sifting through all the bullshit vapes you typically find on the internet, (at one point even considering the VapeZilla) I found this website. It was down to the Extreme or SSV as I saw those as the current top-of-the-line. The novelty of a bag at the cost of whip-hitting quality had me ready to give up the cash for the SSV. Until I found this little gem.
I was a bit skeptical at first considering the limited exposure. Appearing only on it?s own site, Vapenow, and sporadically in forums. But after reading through all of the damned pages in this thread and double and triple-checking everything, I believe this is the one for me.
The portability, ease-of-use, durability, price, and no nickel-and-diming more than outweigh the benefits of the ability to vaporize a lot at once. Hell that's the way I smoke anyway, by dosing.
And if you get all three vapor tubes ready before-hand and load each subsequent empty tube after each hit, I'd imagine you could get somebody pretty messed up. I can see the party scenes now with people absolutely vaporizing each other with only .1-.2 grams, seeing how many tubes they can get through.
And that?s not even to mention the aesthetics. Definitely the best overall appearance. There were a few others that stood out from the nondescript masses but who?s going to sacrifice quality for something that looks nice? It appears that?s not a worry with the PD (if you enjoy wood textures).

Well this seems to have turned into some sort of customer preview. But I am a little excited; can you blame me? I ordered my Tasmanian Blackwood last night.
Let?s hope I enjoy vaporizing eh?

A quick question for Tom: How many of these bad boys have you sold?

Costanza,

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to FC Costanza. I must say that I've never known anyone to get from point A to the best vape that nobody's heard of (yet) quite so fast. It's a good thing you took a serious interest in vapor at this point in time, allowing for the launch of both fuckcombustion and the PD to show you the way to the promised land without stumbling over a bad choice or two along the way.

If you're a dose smoker I believe you really have made the perfect choice. IMO no matter what vape or vapes you may obtain in the future, your PD will never be relegated to the shelf to collect dust. It's the real deal.

Let?s hope I enjoy vaporizing eh?
As our 'down under' members would say, 'no worries mate'. ;)

A quick question for Tom: How many of these bad boys have you sold?
Well I don't have a number. And I don't know if Tom is willing to say, but his site hasn't even been up for six months yet, so he's really just gotten off the ground. Vapenow has just started carrying the PD (didn't even know it was already on the site until you posted it), but I suspect he won't be the 'exclusive dealer' for long. I've seen some good vape makers go out of business for lack of exposure, but the last 3-4 months have proven to me that Tom has nothing to worry about except maybe keeping up with demand down the road.

Enjoy your PD Costanza, and be sure to share your impressions with us. :)

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
As our 'down under' members would say, 'no worries mate'.
Sweet as :D

Good choice Costanza. Dose and Purple-Days go hand in hand IMO. Give it time to get to know your PD and we'll see you in the clouds. Welcome aboard :wave:

VC

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: Costanza

You dodget a bullet there (rapezilla). Blackwood eh? Very nice. ;)

afaik you're the only person here to buy a PD as their first vaporizer experience. Get ready to rock, and don't worry it can fuck you up well beyond recognition. Feed it high test bud, she bites, hard. ;)

vtac,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Holy shite DD, I totally missed this! Congratulations!! I have to jet as I'm still on the clock and I've got to get back to being productive...:cry:

I'll come back though. Y'all know by now that I can't shut up...so this excites me...I know you're going to love you're PD so there's going to be lots going down in this corner of FC in the next little while heh :p. Prepare for an intimate vaporizing experience like no other :cool:

partially veiled,

Purple-Days

Hey there, Costanza. Welcome to the FC forum.

Your trippy avatar makes me think you picked the right wood, Figured Tas Blackwood is neat to stare at. Sorta holographic. This one has deep tiger stripes. Only a couple of pieces had this look.

I won't put exact figures on how many PDs are out there. But you are in a fairly exclusive group. These are never going to be produced in volume. And your FTB is one of a kind.

Max is right, this all started New Years Day 2008. Just a daydream to make the vape that was 'right' for us and a few friends.

I know we don't have a big internet presence. Marketing isn't our style. Customer satisfaction and an honesty reputation are.

Big thanks to all those that are in the Purple-Days Family and have spread the word. This really was for friends and family, and we think of you all that way. :D

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Partially Veiled...Thanks man!. I just got it today. I actually warmed it up on the hour ride home. It came out of the car ready for it's rightful place in my office. I actually bought a beautiful box especially to keep it in. I've got cats, and they've got curiosities. The cherry is beautiful, and I'm thinking of putting another coat of the wax for protection. :p Got to baby this indistructable mistress. Just because. :lol: Love stareing at the light after a session. :o Your posts are great, and along with the amazingly personal customer service...you could talk anyone into buying a Purple Days. Well tomorrow I'll review it. Just tested her tonight. 3 tiny bowls and I'm baked! Great! Break her in right tomorrow night. :brow:

I believe the post above frome Purple Days is proof enough of the personal touch. Very good people Tom and Pammy are.

Talk to you guys tomorrow,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Welcome to the family. :D

:cheers:

The thing I'm really loving about the PD lately is it's superb portability and stealth. It's a great comfort to have away from home, and it's nice that I can just leave it out around people that I wouldn't be able to with almost any other vape. Really it's genuintely comforting to have that mellow purple glow on your bedside table at family and friends' houses. Being able to just leave it on with no worries and sneak a hit whenever is so awesome. :D

I've been wondering lately if the super-even-perfect-cook-every-time isn't also owed to the fact that you're pulling hot air from a heat exhanger and not getting the radiant heat from close proximity to a (much hotter) element as on the (also excellent :p) SSV.

Tom is the nicest mad scientist I know, how awesome is it that he chills with us. What other vape maker does that? Every other one I've talked to told me how much they dislike forums. :lol:

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have to agree with everything you said vtac, and more. Here is my review.

I can now leave my PD down stairs where my wife and I sit, and I can smoke. No more being relegated to the upstairs office to hide the vape monstrocity I had before. The purple light is a nice reminder that my new lover needs to be touched from time to time. :p The heat consistancy is amazing. The woodwork is perfection, and Tom even had to wait a day because one had a hairline fractue that you can't see in cherry wood until it is finished. Therefor he hand picked/tested another one for me (like they do with every unit). Talk about quality assurance!

I also can say the learning curve is almost non-existant for me at least. At first I was trying to hit it too hard, and would feel like I was only spinning my wheels. Then I tried it slow and steady...that did it! I get consistantly 2 hits as advertised. The first is a perfect tasting lung expander, and the second give you enough vapor to still see it under a desk lamp. (Suggested in a email sent by Tom to make sure I was happy the day after I got it!) My previous vape required a minimum of .3 - .4 grams of bud to cover the screen. WHAT A WASTE! I found the 4 PD bowls were perfect for my type of buzz (equal to half what I had to use in my old whip based system .2 grms), and as vtac said...you just leave it on all day for a quicky when you want one. Like now :lol:...

The tubes are amazingly strong, and unless you tried you can't break them. The muslin sacks are perfect for the spent bud, and the bud left is more than useable in cooking/tough time. Not nearly as dark duff as my previous vape. I'd say once you fill the big muslin bag (they give you a big and small)with PD duff, then your ready to move to the brownie thread to make some goodies. ;)

Customer service was amazing. I actually entered an old address with the excitement of ordering, and Tom anwsered my panicy emails quickly! They stayed in contact with me throughout the process, and emailed me the instant my PD was mailed. I have made friends with Tom and Pammy through the transaction, and I plan to keep that friendship for years to come. I have been spreadding the word like I'm sure all new PD users do, and I have one new sell for Tom next week already. Tom has mentioned the unlikeliness of mass production of the PD, but it may become so popular through word of mouth...he may not have a choice. :)

Making a long story longer...

1. Craftmanship is perfect and parts are all quality from the U.S.A. NOT CHINA!!!!
2. Helps conserve by only letting you vape a small bit at a time. Never need to "finish" the monster whip bowl you started just because you don't want to waste. Even if your too high to continue.
3. The temprature is perfect as to not combust your herb ever, and it leaves you with totally useable duff.
4. All the adaptors are high quality, and not flismy thin wire. All the connections are tight as well.
5. The kit has everything you'll need to vape right away and more! No need to buy over priced accessories to REALLY enjoy this vape. Ready in 30-45 min right out of the box.
6. The portablity is amazing. Fits in any cupholder in a car.
7. The stealth is perfect. Unless you have a super modern home with concrete and steel, then no one will ever notice this vape.
8. Customer sevice is the quickest, and most honest I've EVER (can't say it loud enough...EVER) delt with regarding an on-line purchase.
9. The learning curve is non-existant. If you can hit a bong properly, then you can hit this proerly.
10. Shipping was amazing. All in a small and discrete box wrapped in brown paper. From Oregon to South Florida in exactly 3 days. Total oppisite corners of the U.S., and still made it in 3 days with the time differance.

A perfect vape, a perfect purchase, and another perfectly happy customer.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks vaporcloud. I think I'm realizing the previous vape was burning my bud even with the "digital read out" at 355 F. I love the apperance of simplicity, and the intracacy of the design of the PD. :cool: I'm glad to be apart of the vapor nation once again. :D

Off to bed. Made "happy cookies". Didn't come out good, but edible. I think I ate too many. :p

Hey vaporcloud...haven't you mentioned cookies in another thread. I think I'll have to search for that. I think it was anzac cookies. I have about a half cup of really good butter left. Don't want to mess up this batch. :uhoh:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I think this is the week where I'm finally ordering all my vapor toys.

PD included.

Seeing as I live in Alaska,

can anyone, Tom?, tell me what kind of shipping I will receive?

From the site
Eco-Friendly Packaging,
UPS Shipping and Tracking Included (lower 48 only)
I'll be the only one in the state with one of these puppies. :brow: I'm thinking the Tea tree, the others are a bit too blonde for my rooms decor (dark wood).

I'm also going to order a Shakey Screens. :D

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
^ Welcome to the PDA (Purple-Days Association) ;). Your package will be shipped Priority Mail.

max,

Purple-Days

Hey Spiral,
We moved away from UPS shipping, they kept raising the fuel surcharge and seemed to get slower at the same time. We now ship US Postal Service Priority Mail. Much faster and it is helping to keep our cost steady. Looks like I'm going to need some site maintenance...

Thanks again, to everyone, for all the nice things you say. Really brightens the day.:D

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool beans.

So one thing that is really appealing about the PD is that it can be left on 24/7.

What's the longest someone has left theirs on? Do you recommend a 'resting' period after a week? I plan on having the PD right next to my bed so I only have to reach over to my nightstand and grab it to take a hit. If I just left it on all the time, practically 24/7 week after week, is that going to cause any problems?

Also, the Redwood Billybowls -- I really love that Redwood, it's so clean and vibrant. I didn't see a PD offered in Redwood -- is their a reason for this? I'm a stickler for matching wood (a reason I got a VaporWarez is it matches my desk perfectly). and I think it would be so awesome to have a matching PD, Billybowl, and Holder.

Also, do you know the 'gauge' on the Screens by chance? Just curious....

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Pretty sure Tom's beat up long term test unit runs non stop.

There's really not too much to fail and from what I know, the internal components are very heavy duty. 7th floor apparently has a prototype ssv that's been running non stop for 7 years (don't know how hot etc.). The PD's ceramic resistor doesn't get nearly as hot as the typical ceramic element so...

Even so, I have mine on a digital timer at home, feel kind of guilty leaving it on when I'm sleeping. :D

vtac,
Top Bottom