Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

Purple-Days

The screen is: 50 Mesh T316 Stainless .009" wire. Lets see, 50 wires times .009= .45" so we get .55" of void divided by 50 holes = .011" diameter holes???

Softwoods don't work well and that's why we only use hardwoods for the PD bodies. ;)

24/7 as long as you like. We never turn our units off. The LED is rated at 10 years which means it will probably last longer than that. The lifespan on the heater resistor is likely even longer.

The most vulnerable part is the power supply cord and plug. They can be broken with abuse. But the power reuqirements and plug type are pretty standard fare and any Radio Shack type place can meet any replacement needs.

ps. yep, the crash test unit is treated with maximum disrespect.

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
My PD was on 24x7 for at least 3 weeks when I first got it but since then supply of fresh green has dwindled so it only gets used sporadiaclly at the moment. But it always performs the same, after been on no stop for 3 weeks or for just after 45 minutes heatup.

My room gets some nice sunlight streams in the afternoons and sitting in there even hitting bowls of duff you see big vapor clouds in the sunlight. I counted 12 hits off one PD bowl with a keif/whiphash/ABV combo yesterday :o I kid you not ... I was fucken amazed!!! If you can exhale into a stream of sunlight coming through a window its amazing how much vapor there really is. Alot more than can be seen in standard lighting.

vaporcloud,
I haven't read this whole thread nor do I have a PD, but it looks like a very, very, cool vape. Especially the Blackwood and Rosewood units. If I know anyone looking for a portable vape that's stealthy, I will have to show them this one.

Medivape,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Stealth isn't its only appeal Medivape ... but is a fine quality unsurpassed by any other vap IMO.

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

Beezleb, we run on 12 Volts AC or DC. That means car, RV and boating useage are all cool. Just use the included car adapter.

We tested a 10 cell AA-NiMH batt-pack from another portable vape system (many thanks to max on this forum for the loan ;) ) and it will power the PD for about 70-80 minutes (from a hot start), not long enough to be useful IMO.:/ More cells (or bigger cells) would extend the range but the weight would start to inhibit the portability.

For the price of that batt-pack and charger you can get a Vapor Genie and get true portability only limited by your butane supply.

Purple-Days,

Costanza

Well I just got my PD. Waiting for it to heat up. Probably would've gotten it yesterday had it not been for religious tradition. Not much to say now except that I'm super excited and loving the purple theme. Just so happens to be my favorite color. :D
I'll be sure to give my thoughts on it and vaping in general, but it may be a small while.

And thank you, Tom, for the Land-O-Lakes. :p

Costanza,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool Costanza, be sure to weigh in and give us a min-review. I want to hear more opinions on this badboy.

What wood did you decide on? And is this truly your first vaporizing experience? If so, your in for a treat...

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Been about an hour, gonna wager Costanza has a smile on his face right now. Welcome to cloud V, enjoy your stay. :D

vtac,

vibes1952

:p

I bit the bullet (I can take it no more), I ordered my Cherry PD today.

Now I can't wait to receive it

This will be my first vape.

It was between Da Buddha and the PD.

The stealth factor alone won out. It will only be used by 1 or 2 :brow::cool: .
With the extra tubes, its the perfect 2 person vape. While one person is
vaping the other can fill their own personal tube. It doesn't look that difficult
to install tube.

I also like the factor that I'm making the deal with a small outfit.

Pam and Tom appear to be really nice people.

I like the videos a lot.

:)

vibes1952,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Welcome vibes. You have made a good choice. :cool: The tubes are very easy to mate to the heat exchanger ... enjoy your PD.

vaporcloud,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
:) Hi im new ! been vaping for about 3 months.

Im interested in the PD mated to that Vapolution battery pack for portability. :cool:

JohnnyVape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hola :wave:

Would you be ok with 75 minutes of power? Gotta be some better battery pack systems out there... Don't tell anyone but Tom's working on a pedal powered bicycle adapter. :brow:

vtac,

Purple-Days

That was it !:D

ps Can you imagine the thrill, to see your invention used half way across the world? ;) It's already a brand new day over there!

Purple-Days,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I kind of like the fact my cherry bomb was the first in the southern hemisphere to blow a vaporcloud. :brow:

I'm off on holiday for a few days on Sunday so I will be mobile with my PD and theres a small bag of goodies waiting for me at my destination. Hope to introduce my PD to a few friends. Vapping at the beach after a surf. Primo :tup:

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Nice, vaporcloud! 5 to 6 hits from one little PD bowl!?!

Those appeared to be as thick as anything I have gotten form my E whip.

Thanks for the vid and I like the tune, too!

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
wow. If your getting 5 - 6 hits off of one bowl vaporcloud, then my "spent herb" will be great for later use. I hit it 2 times and blow it into the bag. Awesome tunes, and nice to see the PD in action in NZ. Enjoy your holiday! Enjoy your vape! Looking forward to reading about your vapexperiances while you are on holiday. :lol:

Cheers!
DD

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
JohnnyVape said:
:) Hi im new ! been vaping for about 3 months.

Im interested in the PD mated to that Vapolution battery pack for portability. :cool:
Welcome JV. Go ahead and join us on the Purple-Days Express. It's just gathering steam-still time to jump aboard. The Vapo BP will work with the PD as it is, but the connection is not perfect. If you don't feel comfortable modifying it yourself with the proper size connectors, maybe you could ship it to Tom (along with the proper size BP connector) and he'd agree to convert it for a nominal fee (if I'm off base here Tom, feel free to send me to my room without my PD :lol: ).

Nice, vaporcloud! 5 to 6 hits from one little PD bowl!?!
It regularly provides more than a couple of hits for me and the wife too stick. I think it depends on your 'draw style' and the type, consistency, and moisture content of the herb you're using.

Really enjoyed the video vc. It was great to hear some of your music. :tup:

max,
Top Bottom