Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

rocky

Tom and Pam,
What would happen if you got a PD and couldn't use it for 17 days? I received my PD cherry on Friday which as it turns out I was told that my 5 year physical including drug test was due in 17 days. Glad they didn't wait till Monday. I have been running it as a diffuser and it works really well. I will give the full review in 17 days.

I just wanted to let you know why I picked Purple-Days. I bought your product because of what you did not say. You described your product as a skilled craftsman describes what he does. He describes it as flawed but as the best as he could make. You said your PD was not for everyone but it was the best you could make for yourself. Luckily for me a great espouser of truth by the handle of vapefiend "the stoned ranger" on Cannibus.com said that for a great dependable vape for small amounts was PD. He also said to come here fuckcombustion.com. I followed all 10 pages of talk and was convinced. And the price was unbeatable. Only thing I can get for that price is a Vape One and that one seemed pretty shitty. I was leaning toward an Extreme or a SSV. But I use a dugout one hitter mostly now so when one of your detractors said the PD was made for people who like the dugout one hitter I was sold.

I also work in the Pharmaceutical business and if you ever want to upgrade to 316 SS just let me know. MSC is good but I bet I could get you a better deal on Stainless Steel tubing. I order SS tubing all the time and the vendors I use would be glad to give me numbers to give you on the west coast. Just let me know. I actually design and run SS systems for the growth and process of living cells. So everything I use has to be totally clean and pure.

And I just want to say to people that might be on the fence about getting a PD, do it. I had in my mind made the totally clinical judgement based on presentation and facts presented by all products and then I contacted Tom and Pam and they were so helpful and and it seemed they were more concerned with making sure I made the right choice for myself that I had to go with them. They make you feel comfortable. And that is all you can ever ask for.

rocky,

Purple-Days

Abstinence sucks, but, whew you dodged a bullet.:cool: We will be counting the days together.

In the meanwhile, for you and any others who enjoy the aromatherapy aspects, here is a link to Pammy's favorite source of scents.
www.escential.net
She just placed another order with them and has been very happy with their products and service (several orders). One thing she really likes is the 6 samples for $3, you can try out a bunch of stuff and find what you like before ordering a whole container.

I had never heard the term 'dugout' before here. But, I know what a one hitter is and that comes about as close as you can get when describing it in smoking terms. (actually expect 2-3 draws but that first one is the best, always).

'I actually design and run SS systems for the growth and process of living cells. So everything I use has to be totally clean and pure.' , says rocky. SS is a pain to work with, but it's so well suited to food grade applications, well, I just couldn't use anything else.

I just ordered a Lennox tubing cutter (4 roller instead of 2) and 6 cutter wheels made for SS. My Ridgid cutter worked well but it was time for a step up to the 'right stuff'.

Sounds like you are the fellow to ask my tubing and metallurgy questions... fantastic, I have one or two. I'll get with you.

'ever want to upgrade to 316 SS', says rocky.

Just to be clear, for any who haven't read the whole thing. Or aren't familiar with the grades of stainless. We use 304SS which is also described as 18/10 .

Quoting Wikipedia, "A typical composition of 18% chromium and 10% nickel, commonly known as 18/10 stainless, is often used in flatware."

That is, forks and knives and spoons. So while 316SS is an upgrade, for this application
'table grade' is what we are after. More expensive steel would mean a more expensive Purple-Days.

Thanks rocky, for the kind words about our customer service. We enjoy hearing from folks and try our best to be helpful. Welcome to the Purple-Days Experience.

Tom

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Alright, excuse me just juttin' in here but I have some questions about the PD:

Where is the variable heat adjuster? Can you adjust the heat?

Also, I'm assuming it plugs into the wall? I looked all over the website and their wasn't much of a description besides listing the wall adapter as an included item.

It looks like it might be portable, so I am wondering if it is basically! :p

Thanks for the answers! :D

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The temp is not adjustable. It sits in the perfect vapor zone for vapping MJ. If you wnat to vap EBs which reqire a higher temp you'd need another vape.

Its 12V DC so runs via the car lighter for portable vapping. Wall wart for home vapping.

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hm, what is the 'perfect vapor zone'?

Some people prefer higher temperatures, others lower to release/reduce certain active ingredients in MJ.

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
SpiralArchitect I know there's not a huge amount of info on the website (about the temperature stuff, anyway), but Tom sends some documentation along with the unit that fleshes out the "vapor zone" concept a little more. I am at work at the moment, but will be home soon so I'll expand on that for you as soon as I've got the documentation in front of me (unless someone is going to beat me to it :p). Basically the concept is a straightforward solid state heater, which heats to a given temperature (what that temp is, I'm not sure...but the point is it's engineered so that the air being sucked past the bud will be at the right temp, and the exact temperature of the heater (especially since it's not able to be altered) is not entirely important...in my view, at least. Be back in a few with more. :)

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
Hm, what is the 'perfect vapor zone'?

Some people prefer higher temperatures, others lower to release/reduce certain active ingredients in MJ.
Personally, all I can tell you is that I find nothing missing with the PD, effect wise, and I've had quite a few vapes to compare it to. I never thought I'd buy a vape with no temp control, but I have to admit I'm glad the PD has none. It's not needed and just something else to go wrong. I have two Vapolutions (bought in a 2 'lot' sale on eBay) and the temp control is going bad on both of them. If I put the PD remains through a standard size whip vape with increased temp, I find I can get another hit or two from the equivalent of 4-5 PD bowls, but the vapor is harsh and bad tasting. I'd prefer not to risk nasty hits (as I do with the Vapolution) from the PD for the small return involved in using higher temps. I'd rather save the remains for a rainy day or cooking.

As for the secret of the PD's stable heat range, even with a second person taking a hit directly after the first, it's the big stainless steel heat exchanger. It's the reason for the 30 min. heatup time but also the reason it can maintain the correct temp range after a hard hit.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Interesting.

See, I enjoy using my vaporizer to bring my herbs to the brink of combustion. I like to get everything....I don't do this each session per se, rather after a bowl is 'cashed' (no longer green/fresh, good tasting hits) I put it in a glass container for storage. On days like today, which coincidentally is very rainy ;), when I have no weed I can vaporize these herbs finely ground at around '3 o' clock' and get wicked baked. :p The leftover material I put into a separate container for storage and possible cooking.

I'm just trying to learn more about the PD as it seems like a product I might want to keep my eye on in the next few weeks seeing as PFD's are issued this coming Friday. :brow:

I am a bit puzzled about the mouthpiece/loading mechanism. Is it a rubber tubing of some sort? The hits sure are milky... which makes me really wonder what the temperature of the heating element (yes, rather unimportant, but still...) and the 'air passing over the chamber'.

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

'I enjoy using my vaporizer to bring my herbs to the brink of combustion', says SpiralArchitect.

I think you need a SSV. Or anything else other than a Purple-Days. :2c: You can get it as hot as you like. All the way up to 3...

We do not attempt to reach 'brink of combustion' temperatures. Our vape is not for you. Start looking elsewhere for a vape that suits your needs. Please.

Choose wisely. (and advise wisely...:lol:) :D

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nah. I don't want an SSV. I like my VaporCannon. :D

I'm inquiring about the PD for just general knowledge and so I can tell others about it...

Well, I guess if the 'inventor' says the vape isn't suitable for me, so be it. I like to get my moneys worth, seeing as weed is worth more than gold nowadays. :lol: I think you misunderstood me anyways but whatever.

For those who might be interested though, please, could you tell me the temperature of the heating element and what temperature the air flowing over the loading chamber is/suppose to be? Indulge me. :)

In theory, with even a constant temperature (well, I guess it depends what temp.) through various inhalation methods (slow and constant, fast and quick, etc.) you might be able to raise the temperature of the air/control air flow in the 'chamber' to deliver even active ingredients released at higher temperatures, right?

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

Not trying to be a butt-head, I just don't think we are for you.

If you like your herb 'near combustion' you need another product. Maybe a VaporGenie and a jet torch?

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've never seen a better way to turn off me and any other potential customer.... :/ Seriously....

Why isn't it right for me? Do you even know who I am? :lol: You've once again misunderstood me... but ok....

I'm a mind inquiring knowledge about your product but I guess you don't feel like giving it out. That's fine if you think the product isn't for me. That's not what this is about. This thread is about your product last I checked.

Maybe one of your satisfied customers will be able to answer the questions your unable/not willing to...

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

'Do you even know who I am? You've once again misunderstood me... but ok....', says SpiralArchitect

It's easy to mis-understand this typed stuff, but aren't you the fellow who said, 'See, I enjoy using my vaporizer to bring my herbs to the brink of combustion.' ?

That's why I say we are not for you... Did I miss something? I'm just trying to provide the best possible advice. Why would I be trying to piss you off? I'm not. I'm trying to help out here.

There are people who believe you need to be right up next to combustion to get the 'right' vapor. For those folks a variable 'hot' vape is best. Your comments lead me to think you are in that crowd.

Not sure how else to take your words. Seriously.... :)

As to your temperature question we have been through this pretty thouroughly in earlier pages.

'Is it a rubber tubing of some sort?' No #5PP - FDA grade. All our stuff is 'table ready'.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
(Tom put up post #264 before I finished this, but I won't change anything. It still applies.)

Well, I know both of you, at least as far as reading and exchanging words on the web. And you're both good guys, just maybe rubbing each other the wrong way. ;)

See, I enjoy using my vaporizer to bring my herbs to the brink of combustion. I like to get everything....I don't do this each session per se, rather after a bowl is 'cashed' (no longer green/fresh, good tasting hits) I put it in a glass container for storage. On days like today, which coincidentally is very rainy , when I have no weed I can vaporize these herbs finely ground at around '3 o' clock' and get wicked baked. The leftover material I put into a separate container for storage and possible cooking.
Then maybe you would enjoy the PD in conjunction with your Vaporcannon, as some of us SSV owners do. As for measuring exact temps, it's not always easy to do since you have to measure during a draw, and how hard is a draw anyway? Like I said, enough of the PD owners on this forum have whip vapes we can use for comparison and testing remains. It's not going to overcook or undercook. If you've read this entire thread and have doubts about the quality and efficiency of the vape, I can't think of a single additional thing to say to convince you. But you won't find a better buy in a vape, or buy from a better guy. Im not alone in that opinion either.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
SpiralArchitect said:
I'm a mind inquiring knowledge about your product ...

Maybe one of your satisfied customers will be able to answer the questions your unable/not willing to...
The purple days doesn't even get close to combustion and (for me anyway) leaves the 'spent' herb a light toasty brown. My box vape (like your vaporcannon) tends to take the bud alot closer to combustion with little effort leaving the herb a dark tobacco brown.I could possibly push it a little harder for one or two more hits but I'm risking combustion ... I know this because I have gotten greedy .. and gotten sparks and smoke!

The PD for me here is a bit of a crazy animal because I get baked on less herb but the herb doesn't look as spent as thru my box vape still produces several thick hits minus the flavour. So its efficiency is 2 fold. Less green to get to required level and left overs for those rainy days that will still be quite active if pushed close to combustion.

So I believe Toms product could be for you SP if your prepared to have multiple vapes for different times. If I had of approached it like yourself Tom would have probabaly come to the same conclusion for me that the purple-days wasn't for me either. I enjoy big thick hits and like to push it close and for a few days I wasn't that happy with my new cherry PD and I gave Tom a bit of a 'run-a-round getting me comfortable with my PD... and at times even now I'd just rather take hits from my box vape. But if there is fresh bud in my tin the PD is my first choice vape. If I have friends coming 'round or I'm jamming with my band I will charge up the Vaporite and we'll hit the whip.

I hope this helps.

**edit** sorry posted after Tom and Max so info is similair just the VC spin. I haven't edited the content.

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
PD, I think we got off on the wrong foot.

'I enjoy using my vaporizer to bring my herbs to the brink of combustion'....There are people who believe you need to be right up next to combustion to get the 'right' vapor. For those folks a variable 'hot' vape is best. Your comments lead me to think you are in that crowd.
I enjoy getting every cents worth out of my marijuana. I am certainly not one of those people who think vapor should be 'right next to combustion'. I'm also not one to waste. After I vape weed I like to save the AVB for when I might not have some for later to vape at a higher temp. It's that simple.

As to your temperature question we have been through this pretty thouroughly in earlier pages.
Do you realize this is 11 pages and I do have a life? :lol: I can't be bothered to dig through it all to find a tiny spec of information at the moment, whereas you could regurgitate out of memory and rephrase in an eloquent and simple fashion. At least tell me what page to look on.... C'mon man, if your actually enthusiastic about your product and want others to try it, or at least give it high accolades in the online community (which trust me, it wouldn't hurt to have me praising it) it isn't showing ATM! :)

Then maybe you would enjoy the PD in conjunction with your Vaporcannon, as some of us SSV owners do. As for measuring exact temps, it's not always easy to do since you have to measure during a draw, and how hard is a draw anyway? Like I said, enough of the PD owners on this forum have whip vapes we can use for comparison and testing remains. It's not going to overcook or undercook. If you've read this entire thread and have doubts about the quality and efficiency of the vape, I can't think of a single additional thing to say to convince you. But you won't find a better buy in a vape, or buy from a better guy. Im not alone in that opinion either.
Thanks max, this is the information I am wanting. Which do you find yourself using more? The SSV your PD?

The PD because of simplicity and ease of use, and because it seems to use much less than my VaporCannon has appeal of being my main vaporizer, and my Cannon to be used to 'clean up whats left'.

leaves the 'spent' herb a light toasty brown.
Hm, 'light toasty brown' could mean a lot of things but alright, I'll go with it.

Can anyone with both a regular whip vaporizer and the PD tell me 'how much "goodness" is left' in their herb after using the PD?

Like I said before, with different techniques one can actually increase the amount of hot air, and thus the temperature, of the herbs in the chamber and I am wondering if anyone has any input on that in regards to the PD. How consistent are the hits? Does 'low and slow' vary much from 'high and fast'?

And yes, it does help very much vaporcloud, thank you for your input. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

'PD, I think we got off on the wrong foot.', Sorry man, it's not hard to do. Mis-interpretation of what you were after. Please accept appologies. :)

Yes, the long thread is a lot to read. But the temp question doesn't have a simple answer.

One reason is there is no standard to go by. No Octane rating.

I owned a Super-Vapezilla with digital readout. How accurate was that temp reading? I'm not sure.Does a glass whip (an insulator) require a different temp setting than a tiny steel bowl (conductor). Does the larger load of a whip require a higher setting? Are we comparing apples and oranges at some point?

I'm trying to say, if I tell you it's x degrees F, what will you compare that too? What will it tell you about our vape?

The condition of the 'spent' stuff is probably the best indicator of what is going on. A toasted color without any indication of 'near combustion' is what we are after. What is left after 2-3 draws is blown into our 'waste tobacco bag' and can be re-ground in 'hard times' for a little boost (even back through the PD).

Answering the power questions. We operate on 12 volts and the wall adapter and car adapters are both included.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks dude, I guess you are right, it is like apples to oranges... I guess I am just one of those curious fellows who likes to know everything.... :p Can you tell me any specifics about the temperature? I'd assume you calibrate each machine to operate on the same level so something must be known that you can share with a seriously curious cat? Right?

What is left after 2-3 draws is blown into our 'waste tobacco bag' and can be re-ground in 'hard times' for a little boost (even back through the PD).
On average, is 2-3 draws the usual for an average bowl load? I understand less is more sometimes ;) what a truly amazing device if that's all it takes!

I'm really considering getting one. I've been wanting to get a PD ever since I joined here and figured out what the darn thing was all about, it seems perfect for bringing to friends places when we are going to have a social gathering and there may be alcohol involved ( :uhoh: VaporCannon stays home!!!) as well as people who have never vaporized before. It seems like the PD is easy to pass, easy to use, quick to load, and would be an excellent social vaporizer!

The only drawback is the 30 minute heating time -- I can imagine all my friends being mighty impatient the first day, especially subsequent events if the first go around was great! :brow:

Do you offer any kind of warranty or guarantee/replacement/work on it?

Again, I apologize if somehow I got off on the wrong foot -- it is sometimes hard to discern true meaning with simple words on a screen. Even what seems set in stone can be ambiguous, especially under the influence. :lol:

Friday is the day where I'll be making my final decision (Alaska PFD's :D ), so I still have more time to think about it. I also plan on ordering a VaporGenie.

Tell me, Purple-Days, can you maybe help me, seeing as your probably an expert on woods... Do you know what kind of wood the VaporCannon by VaporWarez uses? I'm also curious about the VaporGenie -- I plan on getting the Walnut version of it, as opposed to the Maple -- do you have any input? It appears you don't offer Walnut with the PD? Or do you? I kind of am hoping, along with my desk, all my vaporizing units will have similiar wood grain design. Wouldn't that be sweet? :D

What wood does everyone else have? whats your favorite PD?

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hm, 'light toasty brown' could mean a lot of things but alright, I'll go with it.

Can anyone with both a regular whip vaporizer and the PD tell me 'how much "goodness" is left' in their herb after using the PD?
I thought I did? Light toasty brown for the PD and a whip vape with a temp control dark toasted brown. I can re-vap the PD duff in my box vape and get 2-3 nice thick hits but there is no taste. I definitly get stoned from it ... so theres some goodness left. But I have also had the standard 2-3 hits from a PD tube that Tom is talking about, picked the duff out of the tube, crumbed and re-vapped in the PD for another nice single hit and a small 2nd. Its just the whip vape holds more duff so it will produce a bigger hit and the PD gets a bit fiddly having to load bowl after bowl of vapped herb.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
See if this helps. 3 piles. far left dry, ground green. Middle is purple-days vapped weed and far right vapped weed from my vapor daddy whip vape. Both piles of duff have goodness left and can be pushed till they are closer to black than brown. Of course going that close to combustion can mean more nasties are released.

dufffa3.jpg

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

'I'd assume you calibrate each machine to operate on the same level', asks SA. Almost...

I don't do the calibration, that's done for me at the factory that makes the industrial sized ceramic heater (resistor).

Kinda like algebra, 12x=48. Plug the right factor (4, or the right resistor, in this analogy) into x and get the right answer (48 for the algebra, or the 'right' temperature in our case). This is a formula that has been producing vapor since the original patent in 1978.

The original formula remains unchanged, however we have upgraded the resistor (and all other materials) to RoHS compliance,
Lead-Free. We have also significantly improved the heat exchanger design . Better heat transfer, and upgraded to non-toxic Stainless Steel.

'figured out what the darn thing was all about', says SA. To do that you would need to read the thread, and I know it's a long one.

'perfect for bringing to friends places when we are going to have a social gathering...excellent social vaporizer...' I don't think so.

In the very first post I say, 'It's meant to run 24/7 and provide pleasure anytime for 1-2 people. Perfect for us." More folks could share, say on a car trip, but this is not a 'party centerpiece'. It's meant for 1-2 people. 3 maybe. I think max has mentioned a three way. :disgust: :lol:

I'll quote VaporCloud, 'If I have friends coming 'round or I'm jamming with my band I will charge up the Vaporite and we'll hit the whip.'

Our unit is better suited to quiet times, stealth mode etc...

'the 30 minute heating time...' That is the minimum tune needed to reach minimum vape temp. 45 minutes to reach full capacity. Most folks leave it plugged in 24'7. Transport while hot is easy with the car adapter.

I'm not a politician, I won't tell you something just 'cause you want to hear it. I'm no car salesman either. I would rather loose the sale than have a customer who didn't get what they wanted or expected.

'is 2-3 draws the usual for an average bowl load?'. I think so, stickier stuff will yield more. Depends on length of draw too though. Shorter draws = more draws. Generally, the first draw yields the flavor and majority (62.97% ;)) of active ingredients. The second draw is less flavorful and releases most of what is left in the tube. A third draw (something I don't do much) will assure that you have spent the herb (this time around).

:2c: That dark toasted looks like the stuff that used to come out of our SV and even it had life after grinding. I think this has to do with exposing surface area and will be true of any pre-vaped material, no matter the brand of vape... :2c:

'Do you offer any kind of warranty or guarantee/replacement/work on it?', asks SA. Yeah man . . . 3 years warranty. If a unit fails within three years of purchase we will repair or replace it. Broken cords and plugs are not covered.

I wonder, have you seen the Durability Tests?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=52
http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/353031_Dryer_Still.jpg
These things are built to last and take considerable abuse.

'Do you know what kind of wood the VaporCannon uses? No I don't know, Pammy (the eye for color) says it looks like a cherry stain, but the type of wood could be any light colored wood. She tried to read and find out for you but got no specifics from their site.

We do not offer walnut. A general observation on Black Walnut: it is brittle and may not hold up as well as maple. Pretty stuff though.

Most folks pick Cherry, it's the house wood. It's attractive, durable, medium weight and the least expensive. My everyday unit is that beat up cherry unit I have used for all the durability testing. Still
vaping away. Pam likes her little laminate unit, one of a kind, and custom built extra small for her.

edit spellin...

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have never quite met/read a person like yourself purple-days. You have anwsered every question with patience and grace. I agree it is better to find the right vape for each individual, and it is nice to see you don't just "take" peoples money.

Only 4 more weeks until we do business! I can wait. Thank you for creating something for enjoyment, and not for the gain of ritches. I'm sure you like your ananimity, but when I move to your area in April...I want to visit just to shake your hand. You are a rare breed these days.

Just wanted to say thanks man...

DD

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
Do you realize this is 11 pages and I do have a life? I can't be bothered to dig through it all to find a tiny spec of information at the moment, whereas you could regurgitate out of memory and rephrase in an eloquent and simple fashion. At least tell me what page to look on....
So you'd like us to do all the work and provide info that's already in the thread? Kinda like over at mj.com when someone pops up in the vape section and asks, 'what vape should I buy?'. You know how I love those posts. :lol:

I do think reading the thread will give you more than a tiny spec of info though. Three SSV owners here (including me) now own the PD and are using it on a regular basis in place of the SSV. Not that we don't still love the Surfer, but we appreciate the convenience and efficiency of the PD (not to mention the pleasure of handling it and the excellent hits) to the point where we're now dual vape users. I don't want to give up the big smooth Surfer hits, but I'm happier splitting the vaping between the two. I actually use the PD more often, especially with high quality herb. We also have another SSVPD club member in partially veiled, who has an SSV on order. And vaporcloud does the vape splitting with his Vaporite. New member 'rocky' also jumped on the PD bandwagon and DIGITALDAVINCI and voporay say they'll be ordering soon.

I already did-

"If I put the PD remains through a standard size whip vape with increased temp, I find I can get another hit or two from the equivalent of 4-5 PD bowls, but the vapor is harsh and bad tasting. I'd prefer not to risk nasty hits (as I do with the Vapolution) from the PD for the small return involved in using higher temps. I'd rather save the remains for a rainy day or cooking."

Like I said before, with different techniques one can actually increase the amount of hot air, and thus the temperature, of the herbs in the chamber and I am wondering if anyone has any input on that in regards to the PD. How consistent are the hits? Does 'low and slow' vary much from 'high and fast'?
What really makes the PD special IMO, is the heat exchanger. Tom made it big and even gave it fins for more surface area. It's the reason for the 30 min. warm up time, but also the reason the vape is so forgiving in how you hit it. I was shocked at how easy it was to hit it hard and still get good hits. The exchanger holds a large amount of heat so a big hit doesn't drop the temp too low before you're even finished with the hit. It also allows another user to take a hit directly after yours. The Supreme Vaporizer works the same way. It takes a while to get the aluminum exchanger up to temp with a torch, but after it's there, it has a big heat reserve.

I found the typical amount per bowl with the PD to be .02g (loaded 10 bowls, dumped and weighed with a .01g scale and divided by 10). It can vary depending on the consistency of the herb. I've been quite surprised at how much vapor you get from the 1/4" bowl.

I've got the Western Maple. Love the grain pattern. pv has the Tea Tree, and I think the others have the Cherry.

Do you offer any kind of warranty or guarantee/replacement/work on it?
I think it's highly unlikely that anyone will ever need to use the warranty. Tom uses heavy duty components, it's built like a tank, and without even a temp control to go bad....

There's no battery pack for it-at least not yet, but it does run on the Vapolution BP. The only problem is the Vapo connection is slightly smaller, making for a flaky electrical connection. Pressing against the connector when plugged in assures a good connection, and splicing in the proper size connectors is no big deal. So the PD, with its smaller size, is really a better portable than the Vapolution except when you have to start it up cold. Even then, it should still provide at least an hour of running time. Going from 'hot' at home, to car adapter, to someone else's home (or BP use), is a snap.

max,
Top Bottom