Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
Nice, vaporcloud! 5 to 6 hits from one little PD bowl!?!

Those appeared to be as thick as anything I have gotten form my E whip.

Thanks for the vid and I like the tune, too!
Blowing into streams of sunlight certainly helps show the vapor and I don't usually take that many hits before expelling the duff ... I was showing off for the camera. :brow:

The song is mine and performed by me. :lol:

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
DigitalDavinci said:
wow. If your getting 5 - 6 hits off of one bowl vaporcloud, then my "spent herb" will be great for later use. I hit it 2 times and blow it into the bag.
The herb is only lightly toasted after two hits on my PD but all the flavour and yummyness has gone. Therefore its not that much fun to keep hitting it for ever decreasing hits. But there is still vapor in the tube if your prepared continue to work the bowl. I normally go for 3 or 4 hits and then discard. But when the camera is rolling ... :p

btw - find somehwere in a room where a stream of sunlight washes through a window ... one where it shows up the dust floating into the air. Now sit and blow some clouds into the streams of sunlight. It shows up so much more vapor. Thats what I was doing in the vid.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Damn I have a great light situation like you described vaporcloud, but I'm at work. I don't think my boss would like the vape smell... :o :lol: He sure in the hell could use some. His nickname is ADD Dave.

I'll have to try that on Sunday. My day off. No daylight for this guy, but on Sundays. :rolleyes: Thanks for the tips vaporcloud

DD

PS...Talk about stealth. I've been keeping my PD warm with an outlet under my desk. No one is none the wiser. It has even been seen, but it is so unassuming that no one pays attention to it. Blends into the desk area nicely. :ninja: :brow: :cool:

DigitalDavinci,

vibes1952

DigitalDavinci said:
Damn I have a great light situation like you described vaporcloud, but I'm at work. I don't think my boss would like the vape smell... :o :lol: He sure in the hell could use some. His nickname is ADD Dave.

I'll have to try that on Sunday. My day off. No daylight for this guy, but on Sundays. :rolleyes: Thanks for the tips vaporcloud

DD

PS...Talk about stealth. I've been keeping my PD warm with an outlet under my desk. No one is none the wiser. It has even been seen, but it is so unassuming that no one pays attention to it. Blends into the desk area nicely. :ninja: :brow: :cool:
Does it give off any noticeable odor?
Do the stems have an odor from use....or do you clean them much?

vibes1952,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
My PD does give off a small odor but you have to stick your nose right up to the heat exchanger opening so you wouldn't smell it normally. And the tubes dont smell either because you dont have tar resin gumming them up and stinking. I give mine a quick ISO wash everyday or two just to ensure the screen doesn't get clogged. The bowl is very small so you have to ensure proper airflow. Tom supplies a cool purple bottle with each PD that fits the tubes perfectly for an ISO wash.

One thing about the PD is it comes complete with everything you need minus some product for the bowl. It is the complete ready to vap vape :cool:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
One thing about the PD is it comes complete with everything you need minus some product for the bowl. It is the complete ready to vap vape
Don't most vaporizers come 'ready to vape'? In what instances do you have to order something else to use your vape? Just wondering what makes the PD 'more ready' than say, 'vaporizer x'.

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I'm not going to list vapes as to not insight a riot as to which vape is better. Yes it is true all vapes come ready to use, but most have an asterix next to that statement.

IN MY OPINION!!!
Many...not all...vapes companies claim in order to REALLY ENJOY the experiance you can use more bags, glass adaptors, special connectors, special pipes, extra power adaptor/batteries, better/thicker wands/whips, better add-ons to make your vape experiance different/better. I'm all for an upsell, but many times in order to get full effect of some of the vapes (from what I read) out there you need to purchase outrageously expensive add-ons. Why not charge a little more, and include only quality like Tom? Expensive is...almost as much as the vape originally cost! :o

The Purple Days simply puts all they have to offer for their vape in one box plus some. Minus some hand crafted billybowls, holders, or more buzz butter (none of which "improve" the vapeing experiance) there is nothing one can buy in addition to their Purple Days. The other stuff are stylish "helpers", and general maintence items need for the vape. Like replacement tubes. All of which are sold at a very reasonable price compared to simular items. Handmade and toxin free. Not too many companies hand pick and test to make sure your delivery works the first time you plug it in as well. ;)

My old vape came with everything ready to vape, but it was so poorly made that I would of had to buy add ons to continue to use it much longer. My fault for not researching, but easy up sell if what you include with the vape is garbage. :/

:2c:

vibes1952...My vape is so new, so there really is not smell but a faint wood oder. Like vaporcloud said, you'd have to put your nose right up to the heating element.

stickstones...I brought it and left it pluged in because my buddy haden't tried it yet. We've had fun durring lunches and after meetings in the car with the adaptor between transitions, but I'm not pushing my luck. We just moved offices, so everything has that strong clean smell. Buddy is sold on a PD though! He's going to start saving now. Converted another! :D

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The PD has extras you wont get with other vapes.

The ISO wash bottle is one. Might not seem like a biggie but its the perfect size to place a vapor tube in, add 20ml of ISO, screw on the cool top and shake to clean.

Duff bag. The duff bag is a bloody good accessory coz you just palce the vapor tube bowl in the bag and blow out the plug. I found picking the ABV out with a pokey stick left residue which quickly clogged the screen. Blow the duff into the bag and save for hard times.

A fabric carry bag to put all your PD goodies into for travelling.

2 extra tubes. Extra whips and bags can get costly.

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Many...not all...vapes companies claim in order to REALLY ENJOY the experiance....
Whom might I ask?

The PD has extras you wont get with other vapes.
Yes. Extras, those are very nice. However, I fail to see how it makes it 'more ready'.

I think it may have been a misleading claim.

When I ordered my VaporWarez it came with my wand, a free .01 scale, aluminum 4-piece grinder with kief compartment, 2 pearl tools, and an ounce of lavender (which was in a high quality dark brown glass container, which is now my 'duff bag') and it was still half the price of the PD. *shrug* Just food for thought....

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

The unit has a slight odor when you get your nose right in it (even the crash test unit that has been running non-stop many months). Just smells like warm wood, sorta a mild sauna smell, but cherry wood. The tubes, when dirty have a bit of odor, but nothing nasty like a 'smoking' device.

Purple-Days,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I see your point SpiralArchitect. It is simply nice to get extras, but others give out deals as well.

PD is definetly a well rounded vapeing method, and I recommend it. I shouldn't, on the other hand, take away from the other vendors that are nice enough to include package deals as well.

I think that may be a better convayed statement.;)

I think the whom question I'll still leave alone. Just my preferance to not get in that debate about selling practices of individual vapes. Too hot in that kitchen for me, and I shouldn't of brought it up. Sorry.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Ah, the car adapter was failed to be mentioned. Technically that does make it 'more ready'

Touche :p

If I ever get around to it.... this week (maybe weekend), expect an order from me. :) Is this company individually owned and operated by you and your wife?

I think the whom question I'll still leave alone. Just my preferance to not get in that debate about selling practices of individual vapes. Too hot in that kitchen for me, and I shouldn't of brought it up. Sorry.
Why not? I'm genuinely curious now. :/

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Well I know Tom had to cycle down to the Post shop to get a shipping price for the overseas send of my PD ... so I'm betting Purple-Days is a totally individual Company, owned and operated by Tom and Pam.

His vapes are just now starting to appear on commercial sites.

:doh: forgot about the car adapter.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I won't name companies, but give for instances...most may fall under more farther down the road, but shows why the PD is well equipped from the get go. IN MY OPINION OF COURSE!

How many box vape companies give extra glass covers for the heating element for when they break? Nothing that fragile on the PD, and you get three tubes.

Many bag systems have problems with leaky valves, defective bags, and many parts are sold on ebay due to malfunction. One tube, one unit, and electricity. All you need for a PD ina car or house as you alluded to the car adaptor. Good call.

SSV/DBV give 2 wands if I ve ready right, and they are high quality as well. Have to commend that, but even some others in this community have commented on the high prices to the customizable paraphenallia. Like ice chambers, and water filters. Which seem to be at such a demand they are never in stock. I understand they are not need for the vaping, but nice to know it is the grain of wood and the craftsmanship that set your PD apart from the others. Not high priced exotic glass that only the better off can afford. Every one pays the same for their PD. Depending on wood of course.

Finally the customer service surpasses any I've called ( a lot when I was concidering my purchase), and that to me makes it more ready to vape. Because there is no worries from the begininng that your experiance will be a good one with your PD. Always a worrie from the commercial vendors. I like the personal touch of the entire purchase.

Sorry off topic a bit, but my point was made...maybe :p I am hitting the PD as I type. I'm schwacked.

Later to all.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Spiral there is something about the PD experience I doubt any of us mere mortals will be able to convey to you, and yet it's something tangible which all of us fanboys understand...there is something (many things?) really unique about this vaporizer, yet I fail in all attempts to put my finger on just what it is. It's almost as if it's not physical, like a gemstone which one can hold up and say "ah, here it is"...rather it seems much subtler; something intangible and yet still wholly felt. I don't know...maybe it's a case of fanatics standing behind what they're fanatical about, but I'll tell you that in my experience at least, the PD is in a class of its own. I don't know if it's the heat resistor (brilliant idea), the shortness of the vapor path, the cleanness/solidness of the build quality, the heat retention of the hardwoods, something I'm totally missing...I don't know. I do know it is magnifique.

This unit is simple and elegant, it is durable yet beautiful--however it is not versatile: it does one thing, and it does it damned well. The biggest apparent turn-off about the PD is its solid state temperature point. It was a question in my mind...but it really, really does work. Tom has calibrated this machine very, very well. It is especially well suited for high-grade Cannabis... These days my mids/schwag hit the Surfer, but my head stash is more or less entirely fed to the PD.

Maybe it's the warmth of holding it in your hands. That's a really unique experience...compared to using my Surfer, which feels cold and mechanical, the PD is an intimate experience... Feeling that warmth of the heat resistor bleeding through the fine wood body is like feeling the heartbeat of your lover...it is vital, man, and so is the experience. I don't f*cking know why...I just know I loves her. :luv:

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
DD man, I was going to ask but I've been catching up on my reading around here on FC.com and I KNOW that I simply don't have to ask...you're loving your PD, right?? Haha I thought you might be...I'm really glad man, it seems like this thing suits you keenly. I think it can be right for anyone, if they give it a chance. It's so personal that it just seems to slip into your life if you're open to it...but it is something sort of "off the beaten path", and as such it's probably still not for everyone (as if anything is, ahem). You've beat me to exploiting the portability of this unit...I've had mine a little longer and I've yet to use the car adapter :uhoh:. Tells you what kind of lifestyle I'm leading right now :disgust:. I'm thinking the fall (one of my favorite times of year) will be a time for going for long walks in some of our many beautiful parks...and perhaps for sitting in the warm car with my PD.

BTW, I really like your new signature! Did you make that yourself? All you peeps are too freaking creative...I've got to get my ass in gear and do something fancy!! Nah I really like it man, it's slick. Maybe I should just commission you to make a signature for me??? :lol:

Hope you're pulling some tasty hits through that vapor tube as I type...treat her right, DD. :D

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
When I ordered my VaporWarez it came with my wand, a free .01 scale, aluminum 4-piece grinder with kief compartment, 2 pearl tools, and an ounce of lavender (which was in a high quality dark brown glass container, which is now my 'duff bag') and it was still half the price of the PD. *shrug* Just food for thought....
A new Vaporcannon for $75? Pretty certain the best price is $119.

partially veiled said:
This unit is simple and elegant, it is durable yet beautiful--however it is not versatile: it does one thing, and it does it damned well. The biggest apparent turn-off about the PD is its solid state temperature point. It was a question in my mind...but it really, really does work. Tom has calibrated this machine very, very well. It is especially well suited for high-grade Cannabis... These days my mids/schwag hit the Surfer, but my head stash is more or less entirely fed to the PD.
You got that straight, but as for the rest of your post...well, I'd have to agree with all that shit too. :/

SpiralArchitect said:
Is this company individually owned and operated by you and your wife?
Tom (mostly) and Pam make every PD, including packaging and shipping, and as soon as Tom pays off his loan to those nice Russian fellows, they'll get their dog back and get to keep all the proceeds from sales. ;)

max,

Purple-Days

Max, our KGB connection was supposed to be a secret.

partially veiled, that was beautiful.

Seems DD has found a security blanket. :lol: Takes her everywhere. (we do too)

Vaporcloud, I captured that vid and have watched it a dozen times or more, listening to your song and watching the clouds is just unbelievable. We don't need Willie Nelson we have Vaporcloud. :cool: :D

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
A new Vaporcannon for $75? Pretty certain the best price is $119
Well, I guess I was a bit off there. IIRC I got mine for 139 (hands free). Gosh, I really had forgotten how much I spent on this thing! :o Damn, it sure has been worth it.....

I had also originally thought the price of the PD was 180. It's 150 and upwards depending on wood choice.

Tom (mostly) and Pam make every PD, including packaging and shipping, and as soon as Tom pays off his loan to those nice Russian fellows, they'll get their dog back and get to keep all the proceeds from sales. wink
:lol: What?

I did some wood engraving with this tool that got really hot in HS (I took 3 years of woods, made my own custom chess set /table even :) ). Would something like this void the warranty? Just curious. I doubt I would do it but maybe some thing very simple and elegant might be nice......

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Purple-Days said:
We don't need Willie Nelson we have Vaporcloud. :cool: :D
Haha what the hell, that's amazing. Best thing I've heard all day :D
Eat that 7th Floor!! :lol:

Seriously vaporcloud, how did I miss that? Wicked video, great song (I was actually wondering if I'd ever get to hear some of your music, yay :tup:) and tasssssty looking clouds. Good job capturing it...that's hard to do. I still haven't found the "perfect" spot for vaporizing...I have a full spectrum fluorescent which I like a lot, but it's a little too bright and a pain to sit in front of sometimes. None of my windows actually get enough light. One sort of does, but only for very limited portions of the day. Meh...I'll just try not to be jealous of your clouds. :p

Dear Tom,

I hope you get your dog back. Dogs are important.

PV

partially veiled,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
PV...Thanks for all the eliquent comments. :D I love your posts, and I think you have truely help capture what makes the PD so special. The owners are as diverse and interesting as the wood grain on the PD. :cool: I too have yet to use it outside the house/car. Fall is my favorite time of the year up north, but here in Florida there is two seasons. Summer, and not Summer. ;) I haven't tested how long the heat retains after you unplug it. Maybe Tom can comment?

In the car is great. I go to the beach to watch the sunrise every Sunday. It wasn't possible this past weekend because of rain. I think I'll break this beauty in this Sunday. I want to get her all good and hot, and then take her to the beach. :lol: I'm sure it will cool down too quickly with the ocean breeze, but even sitting in the car with the windows open will be a lovely experiance. The roar of the ocean, the streaming light over the orange horizon kissing the dark skies good bye, the seagulls serinading me to come and sit on the beach...heaven. Just me and my glowing mistress. The wife likes to sleep in. :rolleyes:

Get down with the thickness...of vapor :lol:,

DD

PS: PV...Thank you for the compliments on the new signature! I would be honored to put one of my signatures at the end of your fantastic posts. You never know...in the land of PD owners random acts of kindness seems to happen. :ninja: :D

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom