PUFFiT portable

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wow only two bowls on all those hits amazing. I guess I empty whatever I am using fairly early. Sounds like a great concert. It is great to hear that without charging it can last a day or in your case just about a whole weekend. Where there breaks between the sessions so the unit would have to fully reheat. This is such great info.

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Wow only two bowls on all those hits amazing. I guess I empty whatever I am using fairly early. Sounds like a great concert. It is great to hear that without charging it can last a day or in your case just about a whole weekend. Where there breaks between the sessions so the unit would have to fully reheat. This is such great info.

Yes I would say I waited anywhere from 1 min to 3 or 4 Min between sessions... Normally putting the cap back on between each session.... I like to take my time :p Sat night I was running around getting ready to go to the concert taking a session here and there as I was getting ready..

Kuroth1,

OF

Yes I would say I waited anywhere from 1 min to 3 or 4 Min between sessions... Normally putting the cap back on between each session.... I like to take my time :p Sat night I was running around getting ready to go to the concert taking a session here and there as I was getting ready..

First off, thanks for the information. I'm afraid you've got be somewhat confused, and hope you can set me straight. You keep saying "sessions", but I'm thinking you really mean individual hits? Normally guys that take a few hits over the course of several minutes then put it down call that a session. As in 'jam session' as a musician might say, a group of songs linked together.

Overall you're talking about two dozen or so cycles (to use a different term), right? Each one a heat up, the hit itself and a minute or two before the next? Maybe hours or a day before the next cycle?

TIA

OF

OF,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
First off, thanks for the information. I'm afraid you've got be somewhat confused, and hope you can set me straight. You keep saying "sessions", but I'm thinking you really mean individual hits? Normally guys that take a few hits over the course of several minutes then put it down call that a session. As in 'jam session' as a musician might say, a group of songs linked together.

Overall you're talking about two dozen or so cycles (to use a different term), right? Each one a heat up, the hit itself and a minute or two before the next? Maybe hours or a day before the next cycle?

TIA

OF

You correct.. I got 30 cycles(the 15 second hit while the light is green) over a 3 day period with anywhere between 1 to 4 min breaks (Putting the cap back on each 1 to 4 min break)

So 3 sessions over 3 days 0f 5 Cycles, 12 Cycles and 12 Cycles (Fir, Sat, Sundaay)

Kuroth1,

Dreamerr

Thanks OF I understood the first time and you threw in the confusion wrench :doh:

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
And if the charge light works correctly, it just took 2 hrs to charge from empty to full just now..

OF.. I am surprised I have not seen you over at the PAX thread.. Would love to get your take on it??? Did you see the video posted here.. My gosh those hits look like thick Cigar smoke not vapor.. And it just keep going and going and going all on the same bowl.. Looks like this PAX thing could be setting a new VERY high bar for future portables to live up to..

Kuroth1,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

When I hear huge vape clouds I think coughing. Does anyone else have that issue? I also think oh well not stealth at all so not soooooooo portable. The thicker the cloud the more someone around can smell that you are smoking MJ.

If I get my meds I am good to go.

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
When I hear huge vape clouds I think coughing. Does anyone else have that issue? I also think oh well not stealth at all so not soooooooo portable. The thicker the cloud the more someone around can smell that you are smoking MJ.

If I get my meds I am good to go.

Agree.. Actually the Puffit is the first, and only so far, unit I have had that I would even consider taking outside my house and using...

But the PAX looks bad ass.. I am sure I will end up with a PAX as well.. Big clouds and a little coughing are fun if your at home... IMO...

Kuroth1,

OF

And if the charge light works correctly, it just took 2 hrs to charge from empty to full just now..

OF.. I am surprised I have not seen you over at the PAX thread.. Would love to get your take on it??? Did you see the video posted here.. My gosh those hits look like thick Cigar smoke not vapor.. And it just keep going and going and going all on the same bowl.. Looks like this PAX thing could be setting a new VERY high bar for future portables to live up to..

Thanks very much, I'm getting a grip on what's going on here....slowly, but getting there. It's sounding like there's plenty of performance for lots of guys here. A few with 'generous habits' might get left short, but that's really not the market for Puffit I figure.

I really haven't looked at PAX, although I probably should sometime. I have to be careful, though, I looked at the DaVinci out of curiosity the other day, ended up reading the entire thread....and ordering one which will be here next week. That can get expensive, if nothing else. I already figure I'll be in for one of these guys someday (red/green BS aside) once a 'non GV' channel is found......

Thanks again for setting me straight, it's making sense again for the moment. It's 'full detail' tests like yours that makes that happen for me.

OF

OF,

VisiblyVaped

I havent had time to fall in love with my puffit.....or despise it for that matter.
I suspect itll fall right between, although I don't believe ANY vape is stealthier.
I get little to no vapor (visibly) ever, and the taste.
Battery is ok, if the taste would go away.....

It's almost similar to breathing through a snorkel, where that after taste is very blehh

VisiblyVaped,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
When people talk about getting no visible vapor it makes me really nervous. Any device that I have not gotten visible vapor does not satisfy my tolerance level. I like higher temperatures because it produces more of the pain reducing compounds. I am afraid this device will be like the MFLB for me. Once I am done with a session in this device I will feel like I want to turn around and use a stronger hitting device.

Jenny

VapeGirl
When people talk about getting no visible vapor it makes me really nervous. Any device that I have not gotten visible vapor does not satisfy my tolerance level. I like higher temperatures because it produces more of the pain reducing compounds. I am afraid this device will be like the MFLB for me. Once I am done with a session in this device I will feel like I want to turn around and use a stronger hitting device.

I have a pretty high tolerance level, I smoke literally 10+ times a day, and I do believe this gets me pretty medicated, but I literally have to have a whole session with it.

OF

I have a pretty high tolerance level, I smoke literally 10+ times a day, and I do believe this gets me pretty medicated, but I literally have to have a whole session with it.

If this is actually true, I think you may be working against yourself here? I'm sure most would agree with me if you're smoking and vaping at the same time it's not going to work for you. At least that's the common experience.

I suggest if you want to give it a go, swear of blazing for a few weeks at least. Smoking is not a good call.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman

Jenny

VapeGirl
If this is actually true, I think you may be working against yourself here? I'm sure most would agree with me if you're smoking and vaping at the same time it's not going to work for you. At least that's the common experience.

I suggest if you want to give it a go, swear of blazing for a few weeks at least. Smoking is not a good call.

OF

I didn't mean smoking = smoking. I meant I vape 10+ times a day, and an occasional bong session here and there, but not daily

Jenny,

OF

I didn't mean smoking = smoking. I meant I vape 10+ times a day, and an occasional bong session here and there, but not daily

Funny mistake for a vapor type to make. And it will confuse the faithful. Smoke is a product of combustion.....note the forum name?

It's sort of like going on a Vegetarian Forum and ranting about the great cheeseburgers....and forgetting to mention they were tofu. No, it's more extreme than that......smoke comes from combustion. Period.

Thanks for setting it straight. My unsolicited advice is to be careful with such terms?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ugobo

VisiblyVaped

Funny mistake for a vapor type to make. And it will confuse the faithful. Smoke is a product of combustion.....note the forum name?

It's sort of like going on a Vegetarian Forum and ranting about the great cheeseburgers....and forgetting to mention they were tofu. No, it's more extreme than that......smoke comes from combustion. Period.

Thanks for setting it straight. My unsolicited advice is to be careful with such terms?

OF

While I greatly respect all of your postings and think you have a wealth of knowledge, I also think most of us got the jist of what Jenny meant. You sir may be the most faithful with using proper terminology :)

Anyways, yea, no vapor is not a plus....a bit of visible vapor would be nice on an immediate exhalation. To be stealthy, hold in. Vapor IME dissipates quickly while held in. This would give the best of both worlds in my opinion.

I do get medicated from it, but besides the design I'd go mflb any day for good vapor, especially with the power adapter.

I dont and wouldnt expect DB or even Solo size clouds from either but I think a wispy vapor at minimum isnt much to ask.
However, on a side note, I find myself wondering if the unit, specifically the tubing, would withstand higher temps.
I fail to believe my puffit on the highest setting is reaching the temperature its supposed to.

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: OF

Jenny

VapeGirl

OF

Im actually very new to vaping, started early this year but decided to purchase recently and made the switch. Sorry for the confusion, usually i have to tell my mom I'm smoking because she doesn't understand vaping too much, and others think I'm smoking an ecigerette when I mention it so I tend to keep to the basics in person, but forget people here understand lol

I havent had time to fall in love with my puffit.....or despise it for that matter.
I suspect itll fall right between, although I don't believe ANY vape is stealthier.
I get little to no vapor (visibly) ever, and the taste.
Battery is ok, if the taste would go away.....

It's almost similar to breathing through a snorkel, where that after taste is very blehh

While I greatly respect all of your postings and think you have a wealth of knowledge, I also think most of us got the jist of what Jenny meant. You sir may be the most faithful with using proper terminology :)

Anyways, yea, no vapor is not a plus....a bit of visible vapor would be nice on an immediate exhalation. To be stealthy, hold in. Vapor IME dissipates quickly while held in. This would give the best of both worlds in my opinion.

I do get medicated from it, but besides the design I'd go mflb any day for good vapor, especially with the power adapter.

I dont and wouldnt expect DB or even Solo size clouds from either but I think a wispy vapor at minimum isnt much to ask.
However, on a side note, I find myself wondering if the unit, specifically the tubing, would withstand higher temps.
I fail to believe my puffit on the highest setting is reaching the temperature its supposed to.

First off SORRY for the double posting, my stupid iPad has a mind of its own, I was going to add this quote with my last post but it wouldn't let me for some dumb reason..

I like the puffit, but when Im at home, I'd opt to using something else before the puffit, so I understand what you mean

mod note: posts merged, thank you for contacting us

Jenny,
Reactions: Azlum

VisiblyVaped

First off SORRY for the double posting, my stupid iPad has a mind of its own, I was going to add this quote with my last post but it wouldn't let me for some dumb reason..

I like the puffit, but when Im at home, I'd opt to using something else before the puffit, so I understand what you mean
Yea, my phone pisses me off like that too.
If it didn't have the taste and produced some vapor at the highest temp Id be MUCH, MUCH happier.
Id be raving about it, instead of telling many friends to wait....

If its a good company, they'll see the amount of complaints from the first couple batches of users and figure out the flaws.
I just hope those of us who jumped at it, even at full price, with full faith..........

I hope were not screwed.
Tubing, battery indicator, flimsy cap, etc......to name a few of the common discussions

VisiblyVaped,

aj0125

I get little to no vapor (visibly) ever
If you are really not getting visible vapor then something is wrong. Don't get me wrong the Puffit has plenty of problems but producing visible vapor is not one of them. Either: Your grind is not fine enough, you are not packing it tight enough, the blend you are using is not a high visible vape producer, or your unit is defective and is not reaching proper temp. If you follow steps 1 and 2 you should see visible vapor after a few Puffit cycles on temp 7 or 8(below 7 does not produce vapor for me). I hope this helps 1 way or another.

aj0125,

VisiblyVaped

If you are really not getting visible vapor then something is wrong. Don't get me wrong the Puffit has plenty of problems but producing visible vapor is not one of them. Either: Your grind is not fine enough, you are not packing it tight enough, the blend you are using is not a high visible vape producer, or your unit is defective and is not reaching proper temp. If you follow steps 1 and 2 you should see visible vapor after a few Puffit cycles on temp 7 or 8(below 7 does not produce vapor for me). I hope this helps 1 way or another.
Ive tried the finest grind I can make, though the herb is still slightly moist/fresh. However, every other vape I own, mflb included produces some visible vapor.

Today I will try a tighter pack, and see if the results improve. Otherwise, I dont know what to think.

I got (and promptly returned) a defective Tv1, Id hate to believe that my luck got me 2 defective vapes.

VisiblyVaped,

Jenny

VapeGirl
Ive tried the finest grind I can make, though the herb is still slightly moist/fresh. However, every other vape I own, mflb included produces some visible vapor.

Today I will try a tighter pack, and see if the results improve. Otherwise, I dont know what to think.

I got (and promptly returned) a defective Tv1, Id hate to believe that my luck got me 2 defective vapes.

I get little to no vapor as well.

Jenny,

VisiblyVaped

I get little to no vapor as well.
Are some units not heating right? This is very mixed, but technique can only vary so much due to the 15 second hits, warm up, etc.
We can talk draw speed and force but I assume most of us have varied that up trying to get the hang of it....

VisiblyVaped,

aj0125

Maybe your luck IS that bad:) It sounds like the freshness/moistness could be a major factor, can you try it with some drier blends? I am definitely no vape expert before the Puffit I had only used my Volcano but using a fine grind and packing it way tighter than I would expect 2 have to I've gotten pretty good visible vapor on all of my Puffit bowls. Note that all of my blends are fully dry. Also, after the light turns green I wait about 5 seconds before I start my slow 10 second draw, i don't know if this makes a difference, but these techniques have always produced visible vapor for me in the Puffit.

aj0125,

VisiblyVaped

Maybe your luck IS that bad:) It sounds like the freshness/moistness could be a major factor, can you try it with some drier blends? I am definitely no vape expert before the Puffit I had only used my Volcano but using a fine grind and packing it way tighter than I would expect 2 have to I've gotten pretty good visible vapor on all of my Puffit bowls. Note that all of my blends are fully dry. Also, after the light turns green I wait about 5 seconds before I start my slow 10 second draw, i don't know if this makes a difference, but these techniques have always produced visible vapor for me in the Puffit.
Appreciate the tips, I'm willing to try anything.
Any tips for the plastic taste, anyone?!?

Tried and true, proven methods?

VisiblyVaped,
Top Bottom