PUFFiT portable

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The fact that this thread has been reopened should indicate that we do not feel Puffit Vaporizer was a part of this Gotvape campaign.

Puffit Vaporizer is the manufacturer of this vape. I apologize for dragging him through this too. It was getting late (far past my bedtime!) and things were getting out of control. Because of a registration snafu with his own domain, he tagged onto the gmail account of Gotvape which is why things got muddy. However, his posts generate out of Hong Kong.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
"I sure wish I was in your position because I waited to order mine and I'm expecting it by July 1st, so isn't it a total bonus that you are getting it in mid-June? I called them trying to get my Puffit earlier and they said that I was part of the next pre-order shipment, but customer service was not bad in my opinion, it was worth a shot."

^^ Soooo shady.
That was a reply to my post about the shipping problem. Maybe it was the person who actually screwed up the shipping lol

VaporsVaporizer,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That was a reply to my post about the shipping problem. Maybe it was the person who actually screwed up the shipping lol

Exactly my point, he is a gotvape employee commenting like a customer about another customers problems. it is exteremly shady for them to do this and it makes me even more angry that they screwed up your order and then post about how it says shipping in july so you shuld be happy to be getting it 2 weeks early and customer service wasnt bad in his opinion because he is customer service... And that other post about the girl being able to take stealthy hits at work (when she works at a freaking vaporizer dealer) Ridiculous

On another note, most other reputable companies that are registered on this website will contact you and try to fix the problem, not send a team of "secret agents" to do damage control

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
The fact that this thread has been reopened should indicate that we do not feel Puffit Vaporizer was a part of this Gotvape campaign.

Puffit Vaporizer is the manufacturer of this vape. I apologize for dragging him through this too. It was getting late (far past my bedtime!) and things were getting out of control. Because of a registration snafu with his own domain, he tagged onto the gmail account of Gotvape which is why things got muddy. However, his posts generate out of Hong Kong.
You did the right thing last night. I was happy to see the thread reopened this morning and i'm glad Puffit Vaporizer had nothing to do with the subterfuge. I'm looking forward to trying the Vape!!

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: OF

max

Out to lunch
I note the thread is unlocked, does that mean the maker has been checked out and been deemed legit?
Puffit is posting from Kowloon, Hong Kong. That's the content IP address. The registration IP is the same as Gotvape's (All Rise Records), which confirms Puffit's explanation. We don't whether Puffit=Gotvape or they're just using Gotvape as their US distributor, the same as other foreign vape makers have done. IMO we shouldn't care who actually owns Puffit, as long as they go by our rules, and have a quality vape to discuss. It's understandable for a company to choose a big dealer like Gotvape as their main US distributor. It could be nothing more than overzealous Gotvape employees, although it's up to the owner/management to control what employees do that may reflect on the company. But we have no proof that Puffit has done anything wrong, except perhaps choosing the wrong company for a distributor (at least for public relations here at FC).

I don't think further discussion of Gotvape serves any purpose, other than 'piling on'. Puffit should get the benefit of the doubt, and the vape should be judged on its own merits. We may have to wait a while before real buyers report, but we're used to waiting. Meanwhile, let's stick to the topic, which is not Gotvape.

OF

Thanks very much for the update and prompt action on our behalf last night, Mom. You're right that the thread being opened again should mean the all clear for the maker, but let's remember we got here by making assumptions.....

It's good to know they just chose a dishonest dealer, hopefully they can find a trustworthy one to replace them as they seem to have an interesting product and sound attitude toward addressing customer concerns. Let's see how they handle this one. If they come back strongly supporting GV, I think that will decide it for me. In Chinese terms, they've lost face; but deserve a chance to recover IMO.

As to the shady posts from GV, this is borderline criminal IMO. They were trying to get us to trust their 'objective review' of the product sight unseen and order it now. No other way I can see it...... Getting toward attempted fraud perhaps??? The sums are small (meaning nobody is going to sue them), but money is dear, which in a way makes this all the more disgusting. They were looking for volume. They wanted lots of suckers.......

OF

valence

I'm new to the forum, but have been following this thread since page 1. Ordered my PUFFiT on May22nd and it's still on backorder according to the order status page on gotvape.

All of this news about gv employees pretending to be regular users is disconcerting to say the least. I hope I get a working unit or am refunded the $120 if it never shows up.

For now I'll be sticking to my DBV I guess.

valence,

mephisto

Yup, I'm out. Too big to be stealthy in my pocket. Too conductive to be effective for my
needs, too pricey/shadey for my wallet. Good luck to all the pre-orders, I'll keep my cash
on this one....

OF

On another note. Is anyone else upset that the Puffit is larger than we assumed?

I'd say concerned is closer to it? Since we assumed it I'll take part of the credit for the bad judgment.

I'm not sure we really know how big it is until someone we can trust posts a photo of it next to an inhaler we know....and I'm generally not a big fan of home photos. As of right now we have the 'word' of a poster (who may or may not be real herself) that it's just her small hands in the photo, it's normal size. Right?

For sure knowing exactly how big it is is a factor of importance to most if not all.

OF

OF,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Yes OF concerned is the right word. I wish i had a way with words as you do. With such eloquence. If that even is the right word I'm looking for. I have a very hard time choosing my words while medicating. So i apologize for that.

But I'm upset that i assumed since it looked like an inhaler it must be the same size of your average inhaler. Makes the passing off as real inhaler that much more believable. I guess you can say you have a real bad case of asthma.

Even if her hands are petite. It still looks bigger than your average inhaler.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
PUFFiT_6.2.JPG
Discrete Vape posted this about the actual size. I took a photo of some common inhalers next to a tape measure. The largest is obviously the Ventolin(Blue) at about 3 1/4 inches. The Puffit isn't that much bigger and unless you were a regular inhaler user , you probably wouldn't notice that it was bigger than a Ventolin and Black;)
2mbd34.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

OF

I have a very hard time choosing my words while medicating. So i apologize for that.

But I'm upset that i assumed since it looked like an inhaler it must be the same size of your average inhaler. Makes the passing off as real inhaler that much more believable. I guess you can say you have a real bad case of asthma.

Brother Weiner, you get through just fine, please don't apologize for anything. You're actively contributing to the fun around here, IMO that gives you a white hat automatically. Please, above all, don't hold off sharing your honest opinions over spelling or word choices? Thanks.

As to being big for an inhaler maybe that's a plus? It will add to your claim that you have 'a huge asthma problem'...... Just stay clear of 'cool, let me try it, maybe it'll help mine....'. If they give you the sideways look, tell 'em they should see the home unit......

OF

OF,

musicisevil

I don't think further discussion of Gotvape serves any purpose, other than 'piling on'. Puffit should get the benefit of the doubt, and the vape should be judged on its own merits. We may have to wait a while before real buyers report, but we're used to waiting. Meanwhile, let's stick to the topic, which is not Gotvape.

Can't agree more with this post. I'm tired of following page after page of off topic banter about the distributors unscrupulous actions. At least the quibbles about convection vs. conduction were legitimately on subject, no matter how trivial.
If the distributors actions rocked your beliefs in capitalism to the core, feel free to wait for another to pick up the line. If the product works half as well as advertised and stays around the same price point, the puffit is shaping up to be a legitimate game changer, and should be carried by your favorite profiteer in the near future.
I find the size to be completely comparable to real inhalers both in pictures and vids, and think it's obvious that the female holding it #218 is tiny. Still waiting on blue, still amped about its stealth. Just not excited enough to by a black one. In black the thing looks just as conspicuous as mflb sitting in a glove box

musicisevil,
Can't agree more with this post. I'm tired of following page after page of off topic banter about the distributors unscrupulous actions. At least the quibbles about convection vs. conduction were legitimately on subject, no matter how trivial.
If the distributors actions rocked your beliefs in capitalism to the core, feel free to wait for another to pick up the line. If the product works half as well as advertised and stays around the same price point, the puffit is shaping up to be a legitimate game changer, and should be carried by your favorite profiteer in the near future.
I find the size to be completely comparable to real inhalers both in pictures and vids, and think it's obvious that the female holding it #218 is tiny. Still waiting on blue, still amped about its stealth. Just not excited enough to by a black one. In black the thing looks just as conspicuous as mflb sitting in a glove box

Hmm. You have a low post count, and you just joined the forums. How do i know you're not from GotVape? (/sarcasm)

I couldn't agree more with your post and i couldn't disagree more with your user name. :p

GotVape was just lucky enough to be the first distributor, same as when the ThermoVape first came out. GotVape was one of the first to own the TV and sent one out to someone named "YoungVapester" to test out.

Inhalers come in alot of sizes. I dont think anyone will have a second thought about its size when seeing this in public. The only problem I have with the puffit is that i have never seen a black inhaler.

Great advice from a new member. Im sure we will be seeing these at all the common vape retailers soon enough. I too will wait to buy until PIU has these in stock. I feel the PuffIt belongs more in the PuffItUp store anyways...

VaporBoxed,

max

Out to lunch
The size isn't a big concern for me, and black is fine. I couldn't resist the discounted price. I'm hoping it's a well thought out, reliable, design, as it apprears to be. I'm also hoping this is my 1st and last vape purchase from Gotvape. :\

As for Gotvape's employees, we'll weed 'em out. They'd have been better off signing up as 'Gotvape' and providing good service and discounts for members, as other dealers have done. This type of sneaky promotion/spam, and sabotage of other products/companies, is a lot more common than you'd think. Even some big vape makers stoop to it. Vapir spams on a lot of forums, and we have a member here (for now) whose IP address leads straight to Storz & Bickel in Oakland, CA (their US headquarters). He's made nothing but negative posts on various models (except for the Volcano) in over two years of membership. Some bloggers extort free vapes from manufacturers and dealers, promising bad reviews if they don't get a freebie. A lot of people play nasty when it comes to business, and vaporizers are getting to be big business. We welcome the commercial posters, since it can be a win/win situation for all concerned, but we don't want the ones that won't play by our rules.

We should see some real reviews soon, as well as some availability from other dealers. Since this company is in Hong Kong, I'm also hoping for a service/replacement entity in the U.S.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Hey thanks VaporVaporizer for the size comparison.

I guess #218's hands would make anything look big. :brow:

I don't think the color would make any one the wiser to what it really was.:2c:

Top Bottom