1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Paying it Forward - A New Direction

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vtac, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I realize I won't be able to do what I do forever.
    Meeting people in public is hard, and the trauma of having people in our home has remained a scary thing.
    I grow older and the complications from my TBI and Spasticity... double vision is progressively getting worse... etc.
    I will always try, though!
    I got to place the Vaporizer Donation of my dreams to someone today,
    This makes me feel great about what we do, and about my own place in this world.
    The story today is about a young girl.
    The 16 year old girl I was honored to help is called Yazy ....
    She has a life threatening condition ... she was born blind and has cerebral palsy along with Scoliosis. And two years ago her parents almost lost her to opioids ...but cannabis gave them more time with her.
    She recently had Spinal surgery as well.
    She uses a seeing eye cane and human guide. She is still waiting on insurance to approve her wheelchair as she doesn't have long distance strength.
    She is special needs child, and is a legal medical marijuana patient for now over 1 year.
    She one out of 176 kids that carries a legal card to consume cannabis.
    In that one year they have seen a remarkable improvement in her health. And almost immediate improvement in several areas such as pain management, nausea control & increased appetite.
    Also, the young lady was born at 23 weeks gestational age, completely blind and with cerebral palsy. She lived her life up until a few years ago in fairly good health, all things considered. But after complications due to a spinal fusion surgery, she developed life threatening SMA Syndrome.
    Superior mesenteric artery syndrome (SMAS) is a digestive condition that occurs when the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine) is compressed between two arteries (the aorta and the superior mesenteric artery). This compression causes partial or complete blockage of the duodenum.
    None of the pharmaceuticals worked. So her desperate mother researched "natural solutions" and found juicing cannabis article which led them to trying the plant.
    Because of cannabis the young patient was able to complete her make a wish to meet Justin Bieber last year!
    In addition to the numerous health improvements they've witnessed, the girl is now completely pharmaceutical free! Which means no more antidepressant or anxiety medication. Yazy is able to live a more normal life because of cannabis.
    The video you are about to see is about 2 children… Yazy is one of the 2 kids spoken of in this video
    You will know which child she is by watching.
    Click to play YouTube Video

The Unit we decided on for Yazy was the Odin by TopBond. This unit was chosen, because of the vibration aspect, which will let Yazy know when the unit is ready to go!
    As always, thank you all for reading.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Great post and thanks for the video link...seeing this just makes me wish that somebody would just go and kick Jeff Sessions ass. Him, Christie "the whale", and Rosenberg...."no valid medical application". Fuck those guys.

You do great work, Vito. :tup::clap::nod:

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

While They can not change my double vision, I will be getting Cataract surgeries next week on both eyes.
    They say the acrylic implants will make me able to see with less blur. Maybe this will help me with my ability to diagnose issues in the smaller portables once again!

4. GreenHopper

GreenHopper 20 going on 60

Hope it's a huge success and works out for you bud.

All the best,

GH

5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Thanks, GH!

olivianewtonjohn and GreenHopper like this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

A special thanks goes out to @ShayWhiteGrow for the huge donation of vaporizers to be distributed to low income patients:
    • Original Iolite
    • Wispr2
    • Og Pinnacle with water tool and stand.
    • og Vapium Summit
    • Indica Noir
    • Davinci Ascent
    • Vapir Prima
    I promise they won't go to waste!
    That's quite a list.
    I will type more when I can see better. Still healing.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors