Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I just cleaned mine and a friend's PAX. If you want a shiny new looking screen and oven then just skip the ISO and invest in a box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Scrub the screen on the eraser. Cut a chunk off the eraser and use a toothpick to maneuver it around the oven. Works like a charm.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The magic eraser is such a good invention but I always wonder why it works on stuff.

Dreamerr,

JoeKickass

Thank you for your answer. It was not what i hoped for though. I am not really all that handy to make my own custom PAX charger. I don't already own the PAX, it's not available in Europe yet. When it gets here i will buy one though (im not interested in shipping overseas).

I have the Solo but i like the fact that you can just throw this thing in your pocket. I also really like how the mouthpiece clicks up and down.

The only thing i dislike is that the runtime is about 1,5 hours. It sure is pretty amazing that they got that amount of run time out such a small device, since sizing the battery up would probably result in a bigger vape. But i was hoping i could charge it on the go.

I didn't expect the PAX to be a 9v device. Since my PS vita also runs on 5v which is a pretty demanding device. I sure don't know how these things work though so it may have been used to improve charging time or something.

If you do get one, or for anyone wondering, you can power your Pax charging base with any 1.3mm right-angle 9v power source with 1.3 amps or more.

For example this would be a great international (or replacement) charger: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9V-DC-Power...purpose_AC_to_DC_Adapters&hash=item337a72285a

Ploom also said any voltage 9-18v will work so this 12v car charger is an option: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COBRA-1-3mm...=US_Radar_Laser_Detectors&hash=item41679ca820

And finally another car option is to get a 110v inverter: http://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-invert.../B003Q54V88/ref=pd_cp_p_1/185-4649342-7297169
But this means you have to bring your Pax charger too

JoeKickass,
http://www.google.fr/imgres?um=1&hl...w=257&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:69
This brush sir!
The side with no brush is a metallic open tube : insert it and you will see it will fit perfectly and slide around the "internal stem" of your pax...pushing the spring ...if you push a little further the spring "stays" on the tube of your brush : you got the spring in your hands!

Hope that helped!

The brush you have posted are used in the plumbing trade as flux's application brushes and can be purchased at any home improvement hardware type store. They come in packs of 5 + for a couple bucks. Just an FYI for those looking to pick some up.

Nycdeisel

I wondered this a long time ago. And this uses toxic chemicals that will not just evaporate like iso. In fact, I have boycotted Proctor and Gamble(P&G) completely because of not only thier toxic, carcinogen laden products but their cruel and unneccesary "animal testing" which is just torture and definitely isnt legally required. so fuck them and their magic chemical cleaners. Im fine with my own homemade natural cleaners that are cheaper then toxic commercial stuff anyway.
The magic eraser is such a good invention but I always wonder why it works on stuff.

Deadshort480

I wondered this a long time ago. And this uses toxic chemicals that will not just evaporate like iso. In fact, I have boycotted Proctor and Gamble(P&G) completely because of not only thier toxic, carcinogen laden products but their cruel and unneccesary "animal testing" which is just torture and definitely isnt legally required. so fuck them and their magic chemical cleaners. Im fine with my own homemade natural cleaners that are cheaper then toxic commercial stuff anyway.

Do you have any links that shows what toxic chemicals are in the Magic Eraser? I did quite a bit of research before using it on my PAX and found only rumor and conjecture about the product containing formaldehyde. This has all been proved false and from what I found, these are completely nontoxic and safe to use on the PAX. I don't think it is right to post something like this without including some sort of proof or evidence.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: droopus

JoeKickass

I wondered this a long time ago. And this uses toxic chemicals that will not just evaporate like iso.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

It's plastic I think (whatever a copolymer is) "The ingredients in Magic Eraser have been safely and commonly used for many years in a wide range of household products."

Im fine with my own homemade natural cleaners that are cheaper then toxic commercial stuff anyway.

Is it cheaper than 8x Erasers for $7?
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-Eraser-Cleaning-8-Count/dp/B001339ZMW

JoeKickass,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
the texture is also part of the reason they clean so well, my pax oven came out clean again thanks deadshort :tup:

kushcabbage,

BittenBagel

Because is all toxic chemicals!

Agreed!

BittenBagel,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

Deadshort480

Because is all toxic chemicals!

Agreed!

This is now the second time that someone has claimed these Magic Erasers contain harmful toxins while providing no links to any proof or evidence. Please don't make claims that can not be backed up without some kind of proof. This is as short minded as folks claiming that MJ is harmful with zero evidence to back up their claims.

Deadshort480,

Nycdeisel

Funny part is its those kinds of corporations who benefit from prohibition and the likes.

P&G is known to have many products containing toxic chemicals, and there are many things that have legally been used for a long time that are no where near safe. They have also been know to lie and say they avoid animal testing where possible.... It is ALWAYS possible to avoid animal testing! they just do it for fun. they even have a brand of a pharmacautical drug. bad people. Just look at their history.

I wouldnt use anything like that where I may potentially be ingesting it especially. But I would even use their products elsewhere so yea. thats that. I dont think you can say whats in it, cause its hidden as a "secret formula"

Nycdeisel,

Deadshort480

You seem to be mainly upset with their decision to use animals for testing. I understand being upset by this, but to make claims that these magic erasers are toxic just because you think they are isn't helping anyone. You may not agree with their politics, but this isn't about politics, this is about what will get my PAX clean. The magic eraser does the job and there isn't anything I can find that shows they are toxic. If anyone can give me some factual proof to show me otherwise, I would very much like to read it.

Links to some kind of evidence will always be more effective than saying "I heard" or "someone told me once". Please provide some backup for what you are saying?

Deadshort480,

Nycdeisel

Im saying pretty much all of their products are toxic. why would this "magic" be an exception? You clearly can not see my point so I wont go further.

Nycdeisel,

Deadshort480

Im saying pretty much all of their products are toxic. why would this "magic" be an exception? You clearly can not see my point so I wont go further.

And all I'm asking for is any type of evidence or proof to back up your statement as truth. Just one link that supports your claim. I'm not trying to be a dick here. I just want to know, for a fact, whether or not I'm using something toxic on my vaporizer. I don't want someone's opinion though, I want some hard proof.

Deadshort480,

Dammit

So basically, he's saying I wouldn't trust the Magic Erasers strictly based on the reputation of P&G as a company, but he can't comment on that product in particular. Take it for whatever that's worth, and decide for yourself.

Dammit,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
I would be the first guy to pull up a chair and popcorn if P&G was on fire, but I agree, you still can't make sweeping generalizations. Animal testing is poor taste, bad karma, etc, however it's is inaccurate to say they do it for fun, etc. That's just fear mongering.

If someone wants to scrub out their oven with a commercial product, then caveat emptor.

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
So has anyone tried some other type of abrasive material in the oven? I haven't seen the need.

willieR,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I think I love you Nycdiesel!

JoeKickass

So has anyone tried some other type of abrasive material in the oven? I haven't seen the need.

I used a screwdriver to scrape the sides without much success, but I think any fine abrasive would work wonders. I might try toothpaste... could get messy though
Also, all these abrasives will work best on a cold, cold Pax when the resin is rock hard.

mod note: Edited to remove off-topic content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom