Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
YB7bO.jpg

bdigB.jpg

lMtRh.jpg

WpF8t.jpg

Ok So i was actually randomly using those little brushes to clean out the exact same spots. I have started having temp problems with my device. Even after seeming cleaning the whole spring area my unit will not start to heat up. I will be looking for a full replacement from vapeworld. Didn't just spend $250 to have a device not work as intended. I emailed them two days ago and have not received a response yet. I have the new mouthpiece and it didn't start having problems until after about a week and a half of very heavy use.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: Vitolo

BittenBagel

You seem to be mainly upset with their decision to use animals for testing. I understand being upset by this, but to make claims that these magic erasers are toxic just because you think they are isn't helping anyone. You may not agree with their politics, but this isn't about politics, this is about what will get my PAX clean. The magic eraser does the job and there isn't anything I can find that shows they are toxic. If anyone can give me some factual proof to show me otherwise, I would very much like to read it.

Links to some kind of evidence will always be more effective than saying "I heard" or "someone told me once". Please provide some backup for what you are saying?
It would also seem to void the warranty and cleaning instructions provided by pax. Im not saying it it wont work because "magic" toxic erasers work like a charm!!!. I would just watch out for the warranty.

BittenBagel,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
It would also seem to void the warranty and cleaning instructions provided by pax. Im not saying it it wont work because "magic" toxic erasers work like a charm!!!. I would just watch out for the warranty.

How would Ploom possibly know what I used to clean my PAX? Are you another one saying that they are toxic with zero proof?

Ploom also gives cleaning instructions that have the potential to harm your PAX. Those dental brushes aren't ever recommended in the cleaning instructions, but they seem to be extremely popular as a cleaning tool.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: JoeKickass

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I don't think this much fuss should be made over how a person chooses to clean their devices.

I took my Pax out to a bon fire last night, and had no issues at all. It was great! :D

Ok So i was actually randomly using those little brushes to clean out the exact same spots. I have started having temp problems with my device. Even after seeming cleaning the whole spring area my unit will not start to heat up. I will be looking for a full replacement from vapeworld. Didn't just spend $250 to have a device not work as intended. I emailed them two days ago and have not received a response yet. I have the new mouthpiece and it didn't start having problems until after about a week and a half of very heavy use.

Man, that's too bad, if cleaning didn't help, then a replacement sounds like a good next step to me. I noticed the difference after the first try, so if yours isn't responding, then there must be something more going on there. I hope you get a speedy replacement. I know VW is slow to respond to emails, at least they were with mine.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have an idea. For those who still use tobacco why not use your pax for tobacco only and see if the same thing happens after a few weeks. If it does great it is just how it is made, if not then it is just not made for our herb.

bdbx18

Many thanks to FC for the great info I have been getting about vaping over the last few years as a lurker. I have a problem that I hope some of the veterans here can chime in on.

I bought a Pax, received last week (expedited ship many thanks to the very good folks at VapeWorld) that I had a chance to take a spin out this weekend. After work on Friday, I loaded up the oven, as read here, fairly packed with some lower grade weed for a tryout. Set the Pax to low (green) and proceeded to get good clouds. But after two loadings, I did not get anything, zip, nada. I thought it was perhaps it was because of the lower grade stuff.

So later in the night, I loaded it up with the good stuff and after two loads, again nothing ? I'm getting good vapor with good flavor but just not any buzz whatsoever. And I'm using up some of the supply fairly quickly also. I'm starting to think that my supply of weed may be losing potency or something.

So last night, I started up my EQ with the bag using the same good graded flowers. I used about a third of one Pax oven load and was immediately medicated by the time I reloaded the EQ for the second go.

While I was relieved that my supply hasn't lost its effect (and why wouldn't it be), I was very disappointed in the Pax. I'm trying to reconcile to see why the Pax wouldn't be working for us while using more at the same time. I can see the ABV is well used and that I'm not getting vapor anymore. I did try the med heat setting but had not ventured to the high setting. The oven is pretty well loaded and firmly packed down each time.

It would have been perfect if the Pax works for me. It was great design, very compact and very obscure. I really hoping some of the experts here can tell me what I can do to improve the potency and efficiency.

bdbx18,

JoeKickass

I loaded up the oven with some lower grade weed... Set the Pax to low (green) and proceeded to get good clouds. I really hoping some of the experts here can tell me what I can do to improve the potency and efficiency.

The low setting on the Pax is yellow not green, is yours working like you see in people's videos?

Also, compress the bud so it's less than half the height of the oven if you don't want to flip the bowl.

Yellow usually doesn't give huge clouds, just a nice light blue haze and tons of flavor. I've never had no vapor come out of a hot Pax, it doesn't matter how dark the bowl is... it just makes more vapor.

Start on yellow with a half bowl and inhale slowly. When you feel the sativa crank it up to medium. When I forgot what I'm doing I stop but there's always more vapor...

JoeKickass,
Reactions: willieR

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
^ I noticed that.. I would like to know what people do in order to make the Pax so potent. I understand that it takes a while in order to get used to the specific vape, but what are some pro tips?

ILoveCollege,

JoeKickass

^ I noticed that.. I would like to know what people do in order to make the Pax so potent. I understand that it takes a while in order to get used to the specific vape, but what are some pro tips?

Start on low (yellow) and inhale slowly to maximize what you get before the taste starts to go.

If you can afford to tightly pack to about 3/4 of the bowl each time that's what I like to do but the larger amount does benefit from flipping.

I go yellow until fresh taste fades, then orange for a few minutes. Turn off and flip the bowl and back on to orange but by then I'm usually fading fast, I'm just trying to get the most out of the bowl.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
some people flip the load (if it stays bricked) some people stir. Mine usually falls apart when I try to flip it, and I end up stirring it.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush
I got my Pax in about a week ago, and so far I love it! The unit is compact, sleek, and extremely easy to operate.I haven't had any issues with the unit thus far but I have noticed that the MP is starting to stick a bit, so I'll probably have to clean it soon. Cleaning the unit is the only thing worrying me, as a lot of units seem to act up after that. Anyway, I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best!

PhoenixFire808,

willieR

Been here since 2009
See Jambanfan's latest series of excellent pics describing this specific cleaning area.

willieR,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well, I just got back from my local vaporizer/accessory store. I bought myself a pack of Dill's Pipe Cleaners, and actually, I got Dill's Bristle Pipe Cleaners. It appears it has some plastic for extra scrubbing. I'll report back later on how well it works for around the spring area :-).

Here they are: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=PM-CDILB

Off-topic: It's a gas station by my house that's the vape store. I still can not believe it. They have the Puffit, Plenty, Volcano, Atmos Raw, IOLite Original, IOLite WISPR, Some EZVape thing, Vaporblunt, but still no Pax. I forgot to mention it to him, but next time I go there I'm gonna bring the Pax box :-).

some people flip the load (if it stays bricked) some people stir. Mine usually falls apart when I try to flip it, and I end up stirring it.
I noticed that if you let the unit cool down, and the "brick" cools down, it stays bricked. When I'm using the unit, I can almost never get it to stay together.

BittenBagel

How would Ploom possibly know what I used to clean my PAX? Are you another one saying that they are toxic with zero proof?

Ploom also gives cleaning instructions that have the potential to harm your PAX. Those dental brushes aren't ever recommended in the cleaning instructions, but they seem to be extremely popular as a cleaning tool.
Yes, maybe i am, but dont get butt hurt over my comment or anybody elses.. The packaging dosent seem to say non toxic does it? All im trying to do is help, i dont see why you give two shits about what people opinions are and what conclusions they have made. Nobody is trying to fight here, just help, and that includes you.. Not EVERYBODY is going to agree about everything. This is what a thread is for, is to give your opinion. Im sure everybody is enjoing their Pax along with everybody else. So thank you for your input along with everbody else.

I would be the first guy to pull up a chair and popcorn if P&G was on fire, but I agree, you still can't make sweeping generalizations. Animal testing is poor taste, bad karma, etc, however it's is inaccurate to say they do it for fun, etc. That's just fear mongering.

If someone wants to scrub out their oven with a commercial product, then caveat emptor.
Im with you on that one!

BittenBagel,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok I just used those Dill Bristle Pipe Cleaners. I couldn't resist. No residual strands of cotton left behind. The tube is shockingly clean. And I cleaned the mouthpiece and it fit in perfect and tight, and I cleaned the spring area. When I was cleaning the spring area, I was able to activate the heater with this pipe cleaner. :-) I guess the bristles are metal. :-)

Anyhow, my Pax is incredible clean. I love these things :-)

BTW my temp button is starting to feel pretty loose. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the temp button. I've been careful not to get ISO on it.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I think people are misunderstanding me here. I'm not butthurt, that's classy by the way. People are telling me that these things are toxic. I don't want to use anything toxic on my vaporizer. All I want to know is where people are reading that these things are toxic. If I can read that for myself then I will not use them, but no one has been able to do that, so it sounds like bullshit to me. I don't want opinion on this matter, I want fact.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: JoeKickass

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think people are misunderstanding me here. I'm not butthurt, that's classy by the way. People are telling me that these things are toxic. I don't want to use anything toxic on my vaporizer. All I want to know is where people are reading that these things are toxic. If I can read that for myself then I will not use them, but no one has been able to do that, so it sounds like bullshit to me. I don't want opinion on this matter, I want fact.

I think it's pretty safe to say they are clean. Personally, I wouldn't use them, due to that suds it makes, but they are clean according to snopes. How did you remove the residue after you used it?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

newVaper420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Exactly my take on this. I don't take risks. It's not like I have to polish the oven. I just Iso it clean (99%) and leave well enough alone. I wouldn't use a soap or polish or anything. Only then heat it and inhale it? "Maybe I got it all out, maybe I rinsed it enough" are phrases that I'm not fond of in that instance.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Exactly my take on this. I don't take risks. It's not like I have to polish the oven. I just Iso it clean (99%) and leave well enough alone. I wouldn't use a soap or polish or anything. Only then heat it and inhale it? "Maybe I got it all out, maybe I rinsed it enough" are phrases that I'm not fond of in that instance.

I plan on taking the Pax on a trip via plane, so I'll grab some steel wool to try to clean the oven out, but other than that, I don't plan to use any chemicals or anything, other than ISO :-)

newVaper420,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
That'll work fine. The complete clean-ability of this allows you to get through a screening. A wood vape would be a huge risk.

willieR,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You doing carry on or checked? Let us know when you get back and the results.

Dreamerr,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
You doing carry on or checked? Let us know when you get back and the results.

I think I'm gonna put it in my check in luggage. Probably not carrying it on. Actually, I'm not even sure, but I think best bet is check-in, wrap headphones around it, maybe add a pack of tobacco in my check-in. Although the risk of a TSA grubby hands stealing it is high in the check-in.

I'm not going till December so I still got a while to decide :-)

newVaper420,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom