Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalShore

Whats good yall! I ordered my PAX from VapeWorld a day ago but had to verify my card etc. etc. and now the onyx is backordered :( I instead got the purple (my favorite color anyway) shipped out today. They said I will get it most likely on Monday. Anybody else showing love to the purple PAX? (more importantly any problems with the purple model?)

I have the amethyst one and I love it. The color is very sleek and as purple is my favorite color, I can find nothing wrong with the shade. I did have a charging issue but it ended up being a charger issue and not a unit issue. Ploom customer service was absolutely wonderful about everything and shipped my original unit back along with a new charger and I have not had any issue with my Pax since.

I do have to mention that I keep my Pax clean, if not every night after my last session it would be every other night. Come on, it is something that is distributing medication to you, wouldn't you want it to be as clean as it can be and in working order not to disappoint? Besides, it takes maybe a minute to clean it after a good working day and put it back on the charger for the evening.

I learned from this thread and I have a very happy Pax! Enjoy yours!!

P. s. I just use a pipe cleaner and q-tips to clean mine so far....no iso.

brett

Do you guys get as ripped using a vap? I find the high to be more controlled, nice, but def don't get as high as a bong using my pax. I like it, just feels very mild after filling up the oven with what would be 2 cones worth.. Any tips on how to extract out maximum benefit?

brett,

willieR

Been here since 2009
brett, it's due to the fact that with combustion, you get the entire cannabinoid profile all at once. With combustion, depending on the temp setting, you pull off only select cannabinoids until you go to the next hotter setting. Low temp vaping is more of a head buzz, that allows you to work. High temp vaping brings in cannabinoids that give a body buzz / couch lock

willieR

Been here since 2009
I hate it, personally. At least with the first hits of a load. I start on low, stir, go to medium and finish. Herbs are plenty brown. I may occasionally turn to high and finish off.

Consider this. When you combust, you're taking the entire cannabinoid load (as well as tar and other fun items) at once and you're lungs will no way absorb all available cannabinoids, and you exhale the rest. Because of the slower and selective nature of vaporization, you remove smaller quantities of cannabinoids per inhale, but overall you will absorb more of the available cannabinoids.

Latryx

Is there any possibility to use portable USB chargers with this? Like chargers that can charge at 1.5A or 2.1A? Because the PAX could probably be charged with one of those pretty quick.

Possible. It's not the amps that really matter, it's the volts. USB is 5v and the PAX charger is 9v. Maybe try this. Solder a 1.3 mm jack to the output and a USB to the input.

Latryx,
Reactions: willieR

Vitolo

Vaporist
I got my Pax in the mail just now... and the lights finally work. I turned it on, and for the first time the unit actually turned purple as if heating.
I decided to open the top and be sure it was set to low...
and found the setting button (perfectly functioning when I sent the unit in because it would not heat...)
now on red for high power.. was frozen. It could not be moved or pushed, in fact it was flush with the floor of the area around it.
Just got off the phone with Vapeworld.... looks like my Pax is making another trip back home .. and still is unused!

Vitolo,
I got my Pax in the mail just now... and the lights finally work. I turned it on, and for the first time the unit actually turned purple as if heating.
I decided to open the top and be sure it was set to low...
and found the setting button (perfectly functioning when I sent the unit in because it would not heat...)
now on red for high power.. was frozen. It could not be moved or pushed, in fact it was flush with the floor of the area around it.
Just got off the phone with Vapeworld.... looks like my Pax is making another trip back home .. and still is unused!
Damn sorry man you are getting very unlucky... I would be extremely mad if that happened to me.

willieR

Been here since 2009
That was the same vape? Obviously no resin for the Iso to make into a switch-glue. Hmm. That's a new one to me. That sucks, Vito.

willieR,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That sucks vito and I think I remember way earlier in the thread that happening to someone else. But not two issues like you only one.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just used the unit for a session.
This Pax actually functions better than the one I used for that video, except the heat is stuck on high.
I did feel the unit was the best Pax experience I have had yet, but I will still want my temp setting to function.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I just used the unit for a session.
This Pax actually functions better than the one I used for that video, except the heat is stuck on high.
I did feel the unit was the best Pax experience I have had yet, but I will still want my temp setting to function.

Definitely, you need the temp to function. I would definitely send it back. Hope you get it resolved soon :-(. Like Pax's motto but in this case, a broken Pax is an unhappy customer :-(.

newVaper420,

VapedUp

you guys having the temp light issue on warmup, i think it may have to do with how the mouth piece is setting in the unit and maybe not the resin buildup after all.. try pulling up a little on the mouth piece rather than actuating so it sits different and see if it fixes for you. More testing and will report back.

BittenBagel

Well I have 3 lol because I also got another one of ebay because I didn't know if they ploom order would arrive in time for my holiday.. So will have 2 brand new in box..
Damn I'm jellin! You have two more back ups, with warranties(right?)! Did you get the one off ebay for the same price?

BittenBagel,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
you guys having the temp light issue on warmup, i think it may have to do with how the mouth piece is setting in the unit and maybe not the resin buildup after all.. try pulling up a little on the mouth piece rather than actuating so it sits different and see if it fixes for you. More testing and will report back.

I thought the same thing. It was hit or miss after I figured that out. Worked sometimes, didn't work others.

newVaper420,

Dammit

Well I have 3 lol because I also got another one of ebay because I didn't know if they ploom order would arrive in time for my holiday.. So will have 2 brand new in box..
I'm glad Ploom's taking care of you by sending you a new one. They probably don't want to pay for return shipping from Australia for a box of shrapnel. :lol: What colours do you have? Please tell me you have one of each! That would be pretty cool!

According to their website:
What voltage does the Pax charger accept?

The original Pax charger accepts 100-120 volts. Pax chargers as of now shipping from Ploom.com accept 100-240 volts. We cannot confirm voltage for devices and chargers sold at individual retailers. Refer to charger label for voltage details.

Either way, I think this one is Ploom's fault since you got it directly from them(you did get it DIRECTLY from them, right?). I'd hope they sent you one with an old charger, or else they could be sending out some potential IEDs. Hope Ploom takes care of you on this one, and more than just giving you another pax because that's some fucked up shit! You're handling like a champ though. I'd be seriously pissed off! Kudos to you!
I noticed they've tweaked their FAQ a little bit since your little mishap. This is what it says now:
What voltage does the Pax charger accept?

The original Pax charger accepts 100-120 volts. Pax chargers that accept 100-240 volts have begun shipping from Ploom.com, but we cannot confirm voltage for individual chargers. Please refer to charger label for voltage details.

Dammit,

brett

haha awesome, yes because I think there is a potential legal case there if something blows up and hurts someone. I was lucky so I guess it's safer for all now which is good.

I have 3 black ones, will prob sell other 2..

Tried on a higher heat setting tonight and some better gear and it's working great, the main issue I have is that there is still a fair bit of smell of gear, so my main goal is to have no gear smell any suggestions?

brett,

elevation

Possible. It's not the amps that really matter, it's the volts. USB is 5v and the PAX charger is 9v. Maybe try this. Solder a 1.3 mm jack to the output and a USB to the input.

Thank you for your answer. It was not what i hoped for though. I am not really all that handy to make my own custom PAX charger. I don't already own the PAX, it's not available in Europe yet. When it gets here i will buy one though (im not interested in shipping overseas).

I have the Solo but i like the fact that you can just throw this thing in your pocket. I also really like how the mouthpiece clicks up and down.

The only thing i dislike is that the runtime is about 1,5 hours. It sure is pretty amazing that they got that amount of run time out such a small device, since sizing the battery up would probably result in a bigger vape. But i was hoping i could charge it on the go.

I didn't expect the PAX to be a 9v device. Since my PS vita also runs on 5v which is a pretty demanding device. I sure don't know how these things work though so it may have been used to improve charging time or something.

559stonerr

so lately while my pax warms up it the LED will change to the color of the heat temp

im having this issue, ploom said it was due to cleaning and i just cleaned it... same ol' thing. also sometimes i get a random blue led light when using the pax. does this happen to anyone else?

559stonerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
random blue light is not good, did you tell Ploom about the blue light. That seems to be one of the glitches some of the units are having, is it a solid blue, no pulsing? The temp light means the outside area where your mouthpiece connects to the pax (tube) where the spring is, needs cleaning. We have been using those tiny dental brushes (floss replacement) to get down in there. I cleaned mine and now I don't get the temp light [problem any more. Keep an eye on that blue light though. If you leave it still for 20 seconds it will go blue, and pulse, on standby mode.

jambandphan03,

donald420

What did u say to them? Cas when i asked for a new mouth piece they said nah cas they dont ship out of the US cas im in new zealand? Do u still have to use the mail fowarding company or are they sending it right to you?

donald420,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was contacted by VapeWorld today to inform me that I will be getting a new unit.
They have even offered to send me an expedited Fedex Shipping Label at their expense to resolve my issue faster.
I felt that their acknowledgement of my situation, and their offer was exemplary, and I am shipping the item back at my own expense in way of saying thanks to them for getting my issue resolved.
I have learned to enjoy this unit, and look forward to using one with functioning temp controls!
I am finding the red (high) to be way too hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom