Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett

What did u say to them? Cas when i asked for a new mouth piece they said nah cas they dont ship out of the US cas im in new zealand? Do u still have to use the mail fowarding company or are they sending it right to you?

I sent it to my myus.com address, but they said want us to ship it direct to Australia, and they did. I think my is a little different because it's not just a warranty, they made a mistake.

brett,

bean420

This is my first post on this site and I hope that I can hang. I have been smoking since I was 19 and am now 59. So I am an old fart. Since I am on medical because of bad arthritis in my hands I decided to try a portable vaporizer and not have to mess with a lighter and cleaning whatever tool I was using at the time.
The mouthpiece is stuck and it was properly cleaned and all that good stuff. The flaw appears to be mainly the mouthpiece but it didn't hold the charge very long, either. This time I bought from a better online store and what a great experience. Theyy have been very supportive and I am trading up to the volcano. I figured out finally that we get what we pay for. At least sometime.

So because of all of the above reasons....I would not reccommend the Pax.

bean420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
You maybe would have benefited from reading a few pages of posts here before posting. If the mouthpiece is stuck, then it is not clean. I'm not aware of a functional flaw that locks the mouthpiece that is NOT resin related, and therefore solved with the proper cleaning as outlined in this thread many, many times.

The battery is a monster and if you're having issues with battery life, then that's abnormal.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I agree, unless you simply do not want to keep maintaining a certain level of cleaning on your Pax, you are going to find some issues, as WillieR suggested, reading this thread will cover most of that. I have actually been cleaning mine less often, since cleaning the spring area seems to have eliminated all my issues, and they have not returned yet. Sorry if the Pax was not good for you, it is very possible you have a bad battery, and need a replacement Pax.

willieR

Been here since 2009
I'm with Jams. I focus cleaning the spring area, and don't focus on the rest. I don't charge upside down any longer, etc. I just blow out the oven.

I clean the spring area about 1x a week, just because. I have yet to have any issues, but I understand that if I don't clean that one area I may be looking at issues at some point.

willieR,

skrap

Tip N° 2: I have checked the internal system of my pax and how it establishes contact and how the spring is blocked by a tiny metallic piece coming out of the hole's edges. I inserted the OLD MFLB brush (the metallic one, and using the side with no brush, only a metallic tube) and its diameter fits perfectly the cylinder... You can actually push the spring pretty far, and even better have the spring come back with your brush, trapped on it!
Now put back the spring in front of his hole, and push it with the MF brush till it locks in again!

I have done that AND SINCE THEN my pax is rocking: NO MORE blocked mouthpiece, NO MORE "fake contact" with the mouthpiece triggering the temp/light issue!

Not quite following here. Could you expand Flskwat?
Could you provide a pic of the MFLB brush?

skrap,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just thought I would try to clear up the mystery a bit for new folks, or anyone else for that matter on cleaning the air path/spring area.

**Disclaimer: These are basic guidelines on how I clean my Pax, and common sense should be used if attempting this. Please be careful, do not use force, I don't want to be blamed for a mishap, should someone choose to be careless and mess it up. If you have any reservations about trying this, then please don't.**

Ever since I cleaned this area, I have no longer had any of the problems associated with the mouthpiece. In my opinion, these pictures show the most crucial area to keep clean once your Pax starts to get gummed up.

YB7bO.jpg

bdigB.jpg

lMtRh.jpg

WpF8t.jpg

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Very, very nice.
What a great discovery. I have a few older MFLB brushes here, and it is a cool "tip"!
Thx Vito!

And thx Jam cause with your picture, I can show how the MF brush tube goes EXACTLY in the gap you are talking about here, and you can push...it's the spring, and you can even extract the spring, clean it, put it back in!

Been using my pax since August it's great had an iolite before this thing is in a different class. Lately I noticed my screen keeps poping up durring a session. It seams to be seated fine in the oven when the unit is off / cold. Any one else have this issue? How offen do you guy replace your screens?

the-vapist,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think a lot of us are still waiting for our replacement screens to be shipped to us. Hard to understand why such a simple part is back ordered for so long, but it is what it is. I have not experienced my screen popping out.

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I just picked up a Pax today. I have read through the thread and I feel like I know what to do now in order to keep my Pax alive and healthy. I am also glad that the Pax has a 10 year warranty, so if it ever does mess up, then I can just send it back

Also, you guys weren't kidding about how small this thing is. I love it so far. Vape session tonight.

Although should I just go ahead and talk to Pax about getting a new mouthpiece, and oven lid? Just to get those out of the way, and to get the newer ones?

OR does taking care of it (This is a new baby of mine) negate having to do that?

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Please use the Edit button, thanks.

HSIHP

Well I'm bringing my Pax to a party tonight. It will be my first time sharing my Pax (besides with my GF) so I hope it goes well! There's gonna be quite a few people there so I'm making sure to bring the charger as the Pax could be running all night. Most of my friends combust 100% of the time so it will be an experience seeing if they can get the hang of it quick! I'll report back later on how it went. ;)

HSIHP,

MrNorml

I just thought I would try to clear up the mystery a bit for new folks, or anyone else for that matter on cleaning the air path/spring area.

**Disclaimer: These are basic guidelines on how I clean my Pax, and common sense should be used if attempting this. Please be careful, do not use force, I don't want to be blamed for a mishap, should someone choose to be careless and mess it up. If you have any reservations about trying this, then please don't.**

Ever since I cleaned this area, I have no longer had any of the problems associated with the mouthpiece. In my opinion, these pictures show the most crucial area to keep clean once your Pax starts to get gummed up.

YB7bO.jpg

lMtRh.jpg
I have discovered that a pipe cleaner can be put in there and basically 'rolled around' the outer sleeve to get the same result with what comes with the unit.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have discovered that a pipe cleaner can be put in there and basically 'rolled around' the outer sleeve to get the same result with what comes with the unit.

I think this is what Vitolo's video is trying to show. Thanks y'all for contributing. I wanted to mention the pipe cleaner, but wasn't sure because I have not tried it. I will next time. These dental brushes are working ok, but they can fall apart easy, maybe the pipe cleaner is better, I don't want people getting plastic bits down in there over time.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

MrNorml

Since I am on medical because of bad arthritis in my hands I decided to try a portable vaporizer and not have to mess with cleaning whatever tool I was using at the time.
The mouthpiece is stuck and it was properly cleaned and all that good stuff.
The flaw appears to be mainly the mouthpiece but it didn't hold the charge very long, either. This time I bought from a better online store and what a great experience. They have been very supportive and I am trading up to the volcano. I figured out finally that we get what we pay for. At least sometime.

So because of all of the above reasons....I would not reccommend the Pax.

Yours may be stuck but anyone who had problems reported in this thread was able to get it unstuck with a hair dryer or some moderate warmth.
Of more note though is your desire to get something that doesn't need cleaning. Perhaps someone else has a different experience, but any portable is going to need some cleaning. My Solo needs cleaning (glass) much more often than my Pax, which I can now clean in under 2 minutes a couple times a week. I run pipe cleaner around the 'sleeve' or tube, then down in the tube, then wipe off the mouthpiece, and run the pipe cleaner through that also.
Battery life? Unless there is an actual problem with your unit, it should last several sessions - over 6 I would say easily - which is a long time for me... but well over an hour.
Volcano ... well, not quite as portable though... Not sure it is a trade-up either. Never used one. Got a Q though... which does balloons and whips and water and not just balloons like the Volcano.
Too bad you had a bad experience with your Pax. Many people have problems initially until they learn how to (quickly and easily) clean the thing at least around the mouthpiece and the tube coming from bottom to top.

MrNorml,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Why would they fall apart unless the unit is hot. Those things are pretty strong. I have them for my teeth but not the gum brand and my label is ripped so I can't tell you want brand it is.

Why would you need to clean a solo unless you want a pristine clean looking glass. The screen is the only think that I can see would need cleaning on the solo.

Dreamerr,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I've used both and find that the dental brushes work better, but I don't use the GUM brand. I use The Doctors Brush Picks. The piper cleaners shed very easily around that spring area and that cotton doesn't blow out a easily as a small piece of plastic if one actually falls away from the pick.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: MrNorml

Vitolo

Vaporist
I tried making a vid, and just couldn't get the angle right. One suggestion, put the temp light ABOVE the air path when cleaning, you are less likely to have Iso drip down into it.
I wanted the button "up" for the video... but the sun was on the right side, and that camera could not be moved to the other side of window...
Good "catch"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom