Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeJay

Yeah i clean my pax every day otherwise the vapor production sucks. If you keep it clean it works very well with correct packing technique.
All this I have found to be true. :)

Ive found that cleaning out a spent load is easier right after a session while the oven is still warm. If you wait for the oven and material to cool it seems more packed/settled in there.
Pretty much true of most vapes I own. I do dump immediately after. Where my issue occurred was actually under the bottom plate. The very fine particles ( my grind is basically powder ) built up around the tube opening...........completely blocking airflow. That would have been after roughly 10 'bowls' over 2 days. Mind you..........this is something many users may not ever have to deal with. I use extremely dry herbs which powder when ground. Suppose I could change the grind, but the thing hits so HUGE the way I'm packing it. Cleaning it is super simple regardless. Every other load I just run a metal rod down the tube, pop the bottom, get rid of the particulate and I'm good to go. :)

BreeJay,

Milkytime

Yeah i have to run a pipe cleaner or metal reclaim rod down the airpath every day i usually do it every 2 bowls.

I would keep grinding fine seems the best way for the pax coarse grind just dosent cut it. I too found it got clogged faster if i just did keif bowls

Milkytime,
Reactions: BreeJay

JoeMama

Thanks for the feedback.

Pretty much how I though it might play out. I was concerned if the flowers might somehow affect any temperature sensing technology.

I will pick up a screen. I inquired about the flowers only as I have some on hand. I see my Pax2 is out for delivery, so I'll be able to put it to the test soon enough.

Thanks again.
Hi guys... haven't posted here in a while... I have been a Pax 1 and 2 user, love the 2 as I don't reallyuse the 1 anymore, of course... and I'm waiting on a Grasshopper (sheesh!).

I don't know if this is helpful, and you already may have tried this: personally I've found this to be the best approach to getting the most out of any size fill you put into the Pax... I posted this a long time ago, but you can view it here... Has pictures too.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-2.17617/page-72#post-827141

Hope someone finds it "new" and useful!

BreeJay

Hi guys... haven't posted here in a while... I have been a Pax 1 and 2 user, love the 2 as I don't reallyuse the 1 anymore, of course... and I'm waiting on a Grasshopper (sheesh!).

I don't know if this is helpful, and you already may have tried this: personally I've found this to be the best approach to getting the most out of any size fill you put into the Pax... I posted this a long time ago, but you can view it here... Has pictures too.

Very kewl.
New about the trick, but not how to implement it.
Thanks!

BreeJay,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Nice photos and a good reminder about a useful mod. Thanks.
With my old Pax 1, I used one of these with every bowl, because the unit had trouble keeping its (factory supplied) screen in place. Screens were always popping out of place and letting material into the vapor path. ugh! A firm screen with bends like yours and pressure against the sidewalls actually helped keep everything in place. Eventually I traded up to a Pax 2 and I'm happy to say I don't face the same problem anymore, but I do still use a filler for smaller loads.
I agree the "folded" screen or a "taco" screen (fold a round screen - no tools needed -still flat on bottom) is a great aid in processing material and for using less material.
This is why I went ahead and purchased the adjustable pusher from NewVape. Fits the purpose perfectly, is adjustable, cleans easily and does not loosen up or weaken over time.

ander

Thanks to Ratchett and his great Waterpipe Adapter...

vzvqors5usq8ww98.jpg

...here's my PAX2plus!

Last edited:

JoeMama

Thanks to Ratchett and his great SonG...

vzvqors5usq8ww98.jpg

...here's my PAX2plus!
Hey that's pretty nice? Is that an actual "upgrade" or something of your own design?? is it just the Pax2 with a modified mouthpiece?

Nice photos and a good reminder about a useful mod. Thanks.
With my old Pax 1, I used one of these with every bowl, because the unit had trouble keeping its (factory supplied) screen in place. Screens were always popping out of place and letting material into the vapor path. ugh! A firm screen with bends like yours and pressure against the sidewalls actually helped keep everything in place. Eventually I traded up to a Pax 2 and I'm happy to say I don't face the same problem anymore, but I do still use a filler for smaller loads.
I agree the "folded" screen or a "taco" screen (fold a round screen - no tools needed -still flat on bottom) is a great aid in processing material and for using less material.
This is why I went ahead and purchased the adjustable pusher from NewVape. Fits the purpose perfectly, is adjustable, cleans easily and does not loosen up or weaken over time.

@vapviking, does the NewVape pusher suck out any heating efficiency? I'd always felt that the more metal you put in that chamber, the more heat (energy from the battery) is needed to bring it to temp.

Very kewl.
New about the trick, but not how to implement it.
Thanks!

Most Welcome, @boddhisativa!

JoeMama,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking, does the NewVape pusher suck out any heating efficiency? I'd always felt that the more metal you put in that chamber, the more heat (energy from the battery) is needed to bring it to temp.
@boddhisativa!
Not that I've made much study of the pusher but, yes, I'd say it must initially take a little extra power to heat the pusher, but then there's likely more efficient transfer of heat to the flower via this titanium thermal mass on top of it. And with the hot pusher in there, the heater probably doesn't have to cycle on/off as much. So I'd be willing believe there's no net loss of battery/heating efficiency, and maybe even a gain. The pusher is hot as a pistol when you dump out a freshly-spent bowl.

Lately Pax 2 only sees occasional use for me as a change of pace, so I like to fill 'er up! and not worry about battery...

JoeMama

Not that I've made much study of the pusher but, yes, I'd say it must initially take a little extra power to heat the pusher, but then there's likely more efficient transfer of heat to the flower via this titanium thermal mass on top of it. And with the hot pusher in there, the heater probably doesn't have to cycle on/off as much. So I'd be willing believe there's no net loss of battery/heating efficiency, and maybe even a gain. The pusher is hot as a pistol when you dump out a freshly-spent bowl.

Thanks, good to know!

Lately Pax 2 only sees occasional use for me as a change of pace, so I like to fill 'er up! and not worry about battery...

Thanks, @ander! I'm not quite clear on the black part... I get the glass eyedropper, though. How'd you make that mouthpiece?

JoeMama,

gaseous_clay

Something I had never thought about until last night... If you have a portable vape, a portable battery is a good idea, just in case! Bought this for my phone & last night when my Pax2 ran out of juice it hit me. Duh!

IMG_2838_1.jpg

Bandoo

:wave:Has anybody outside the US had to deal with warranted issues lately from Pax??:wave:

Bandoo,

ander

Yes I did thank you!
He has helped me already. :)
I sent it out this morning. :cry:
What's your issue anyway..? With a Pax2 or Pax1? I live in EU, I have a Pax2, it's my only vaporizer so I am obviously interested... Share your (sad...) experience if you can... thanks and good luck!

ander,

Bandoo

What's your issue anyway..? With a Pax2 or Pax1? I live in EU, I have a Pax2, it's my only vaporizer so I am obviously interested... Share your (sad...) experience if you can... thanks and good luck!
It just got harder and harder to push the button on till it almost didn't turn on or off without serious pressure.
As I was cleaned the top with iso and water for shipment I noticed there was almost a full circle of silicone right above the button that opened like a tiny flap the size of the switch. I think it was for air pressure or something.
As I was rubbing the top clean with a towel the tiny little flap fell off. When I got in on again two petal lights lit up and the others flashed then just the two petal lights stayed on.. It wouldn't turn off or respond to button pushes and it was not heating so I let it go and it eventually went off and then I sent her off.
I saw on Reddit there are some others with the same button issue.
I hope that any possible replacements have the issue fixed because it costs a lot of money to send it home from the other side of the world. And you need a reshipper to get it back if you are outside the US..
Anyway it's been and is a great vape and it's the first time I've had any problems with my Pax's.
Will keep you posted on how it works out.

Last edited:
Bandoo,
Reactions: ander

Bandoo

"As I was rubbing the top clean with a towel the tiny little flap fell off. 'When I got in on again' two petal lights lit up and the others flashed then just the two petal lights stayed on.."
What I meant to say is when I got the vape turned back on the lights stayed on on not when or because I replaced the little rubber flap..Sorry late night..

Bandoo,

Bandoo

@Bandoo you had to pay for shipping? Is that an outside the US only thing? Because when my pax 1 finally shit the bed after 3 hard years they payed for the shipping both ways.
I sent it from Israel. It was $25. They had sent me a shipping label but it was for the US..
Was yours from out of the US??

Bandoo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom