Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Watts

Anyone ever traveled on an airplane with the pax 2? Obviously need it super clean first but wondering if anyone has any experiences here..
Yes, I bring my Pax2 on planes frequently, no issues with security. The Pax2 is probably the most discreet vaporizer in existence. No one would even know what it is.

twix

First time Pax user here. I received mine two weeks ago and I must say: should have switched to this beauty way sooner.
Sold the Mflb: I was so getting fed up with all the juggling of the batteries, carrying the stem in your pocket, brushing out the delicate oven after each use and carefully controlling the temperature, that I rather rolled a joint than using the Mflb. With the Pax it's just fill and play, so easy to use.

I don't use a lot and just do a couple of sessions a week, so in the beginning I was concerned that the Pax is not suited for this kind of usage (judging from all the comments on the web), but the spacer fixes the problem just fine. Besides, I'm not a taste connoisseur, so it doesn't bother me to use one oven for multiple sessions.

Only bummer is, while te Pax is sleek and compact, it's juuuuuust too big to fit in my Burton 'kit' and I dislike how the silicone mouthpiece collects all te lint and dust in the house. Other than that, it's Pax all the way.

Mr. Me2

First time Pax user here. I received mine two weeks ago and I must say: should have switched to this beauty way sooner.
Sold the Mflb: I was so getting fed up with all the juggling of the batteries, carrying the stem in your pocket, brushing out the delicate oven after each use and carefully controlling the temperature, that I rather rolled a joint than using the Mflb. With the Pax it's just fill and play, so easy to use.

I don't use a lot and just do a couple of sessions a week, so in the beginning I was concerned that the Pax is not suited for this kind of usage (judging from all the comments on the web), but the spacer fixes the problem just fine. Besides, I'm not a taste connoisseur, so it doesn't bother me to use one oven for multiple sessions.

Only bummer is, while te Pax is sleek and compact, it's juuuuuust too big to fit in my Burton 'kit' and I dislike how the silicone mouthpiece collects all te lint and dust in the house. Other than that, it's Pax all the way.
You may want to get the caps from @Ratchett. That should solve your lint issue.

collegeKid101

Anybody use this in a dorm? Ive heard it's stealthy in every aspect besides smell. I'll be in an apartment style dorm so there will at least be our living room between my door and the hallway but is it so smelly during use that it detracts from the stealth factor. I really like the Pax 2, especially because of the 10 year warranty, but if it can stink up a whole flat while in use then I may have to look elsewhere /: (just worried in the off chance that I get a steift RA.)

collegeKid101,

Mr. Me2

Anybody use this in a dorm? Ive heard it's stealthy in every aspect besides smell. I'll be in an apartment style dorm so there will at least be our living room between my door and the hallway but is it so smelly during use that it detracts from the stealth factor. I really like the Pax 2, especially because of the 10 year warranty, but if it can stink up a whole flat while in use then I may have to look elsewhere /: (just worried in the off chance that I get a steift RA.)
You can always get the caps from @Ratchett. When not in use, people say it solves the smell issues.

collegeKid101

You can always get the caps from @Ratchett. When not in use, people say it solves the smell issues.

When in use does the smell travel far or will febreeze/some popcorn and a towel under the door do the trick to hide the smell until it dissipates? I'd mostly be using it around 2-3 times a week at max, usually I can only really smoke once a week

Mr. Me2

I consider my sense of smell weak, so I hope others chime in. Personally, I think vaping produces less "odor" than combusting. I haven't noticed much difference in smell output from the various vapes I've used.

Having said that, I would guess that true pure convection vapes make less smell, because cooking is controlled and limited, as compared to the oven baking of session conduction vapes. So my guess is that the ff2 makes less smell than the pax2. But I don't think the pax2 stinks up the room.

Hope others chime in!

collegeKid101

I consider my sense of smell weak, so I hope others chime in. Personally, I think vaping produces less "odor" than combusting. I haven't noticed much difference in smell output from the various vapes I've used.

Having said that, I would guess that true pure convection vapes make less smell, because cooking is controlled and limited, as compared to the oven baking of session conduction vapes. So my guess is that the ff2 makes less smell than the pax2. But I don't think the pax2 stinks up the room.

Hope others chime in!
Thank you very much for the insight! I also heard the smoke buddy works wonders so as long as the Pax 2 doesn't smell up the whole place I'll be vapin away very soon

collegeKid101,

Bdubbdiblets

It does get a lil stinky (in a very good way!) I think it's hard to avoid with a unit that vapes the way it does. The caps work well for when it's not being used but when heating up a fresh oven, man it smells like old pine roasting on a campfire at dusk on a summers night with loved ones surrounding u ....u know what I mean.... it smells good..:)

collegeKid101

Hahaha that's both good and bad! Is it a traveling smell that would ruin its stealthiness if I were to use it in my dorm?

collegeKid101,

Bdubbdiblets

I would actually say the smell is the only thing not stealth about it..I walked in the room the other night while it was heating in my pocket for like a minute and my wife literally thought I got sprayed by a skunk...hahaha good thing she's coo wit it!! It'll be legal soon anyway...;)

Grasshopper may be less smelly and just as stealth as I've read but I couldnt confirm as I am impatiently waiting..

Good luck!

Mr Mellish

Thank you very much for the insight! I also heard the smoke buddy works wonders so as long as the Pax 2 doesn't smell up the whole place I'll be vapin away very soon

There is no comparison between vaping and combustion. It only takes a few minutes to clear the air after a vape session (trust me, I've had family enter the room within minutes of vaping and they had no idea anything had been going on -- I'm not a smoker so my combustion experience is limited, but when I was in Amsterdam, I had to smoke and I reeked forever. Get in the hotel elevator and no one had any doubt about what I had been doing, even though the combustion occurred outside.). Combustion can hang around for hours. The Pax2 is the "stinkiest" vape I've ever used. It probably generates a bit more odor while using but the bigger issue is that the unit can have an aura of odor while it sits waiting for your next adventure. People would need to get within a few feet of it to notice it, though. Personally, I would choose something other than the Pax2, like the Firewood 3 (amazing flavor, great effects, rapid heat-up).

If you want to go with the Pax 2, check out the idea of using Mentos caps or @Ratchett's custom caps.

collegeKid101

There is no comparison between vaping and combustion. It only takes a few minutes to clear the air after a vape session (trust me, I've had family enter the room within minutes of vaping and they had no idea anything had been going on -- I'm not a smoker so my combustion experience is limited, but when I was in Amsterdam, I had to smoke and I reeked forever. Get in the hotel elevator and no one had any doubt about what I had been doing, even though the combustion occurred outside.). Combustion can hang around for hours. The Pax2 is the "stinkiest" vape I've ever used. It probably generates a bit more odor while using but the bigger issue is that the unit can have an aura of odor while it sits waiting for your next adventure. People would need to get within a few feet of it to notice it, though. Personally, I would choose something other than the Pax2, like the Firewood 3 (amazing flavor, great effects, rapid heat-up).

If you want to go with the Pax 2, check out the idea of using Mentos caps or @Ratchett's custom caps.
Yeah if I went with the pax 2 id be using the caps, which i heard eliminate the smell pretty much entirely when not in use. I'm not a fan of all the glass in the FW 3 and the 10 year warranty on the pax 2 is something to beautiful to cross it off. There's no better sign of a durable product than when the company believes it will last you a whole decade!

collegeKid101,

Mr Mellish

Yeah if I went with the pax 2 id be using the caps, which i heard eliminate the smell pretty much entirely when not in use. I'm not a fan of all the glass in the FW 3 and the 10 year warranty on the pax 2 is something to beautiful to cross it off. There's no better sign of a durable product than when the company believes it will last you a whole decade!

Can't argue with you on your points but the FW3 capsule is small and I'm not at all concerned about the glass -- I can't imagine what I would have to do to crush it. The taste blows the Pax 2 out of the water. To me, the Pax 2 is slightly better than the MFLB, which means popcorn comes quickly. The FW3 provides numerous clean, tasty hits.

In terms of taste, with my vapes I would say:

1. Firewood 3
2. Prima (with a small of reservation because of a bit of a plastic taste)
3. Vapman (could actually be higher on the list because it kicks ass but I'm going for taste and speed.
4. Hercules/Persei (lower position only because flower is an issue -- for concentrates, very nice).
5. Crafty
6. Pax 2
7. MFLB -- distant 7

Mr Mellish,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Welcom to FC.
As an old fart I just want to caution you for a moment, to be educated about possible consequences. For sure, Idk where you are going to live in a dorm, but my wife works at a small-ish state university in a backwards-assed state in US. Every year there are a couple of students 'caught in the act', like a simple thing over noise or a report of drinking or smell. The unsympathetic campus cops are STATE police and the immediate reaction is arrest, into the system you go. The University holds a separate judicial hearing and will usually dismiss the student. At bare minimum, it's suspension and any financial aid is forfeited, in addition of course to the state's prosecution.
I don't mean to be a wet blanket! The experience should be fun along with the work! Just be careful about the circumstances you place yourself in and understand the possible ramifications. I hope you will be in a more tolerant place than where I live.
btw, the Pax2 is as solid as you are thinking! Great little vape for some stealth puffs, definitely get the end caps! Just get a good read of your dorm life before the party moves to your room!
Best of luck.

collegeKid101

Welcom to FC.
As an old fart I just want to caution you for a moment, to be educated about possible consequences. For sure, Idk where you are going to live in a dorm, but my wife works at a small-ish state university in a backwards-assed state in US. Every year there are a couple of students 'caught in the act', like a simple thing over noise or a report of drinking or smell. The unsympathetic campus cops are STATE police and the immediate reaction is arrest, into the system you go. The University holds a separate judicial hearing and will usually dismiss the student. At bare minimum, it's suspension and any financial aid is forfeited, in addition of course to the state's prosecution.
I don't mean to be a wet blanket! The experience should be fun along with the work! Just be careful about the circumstances you place yourself in and understand the possible ramifications. I hope you will be in a more tolerant place than where I live.
btw, the Pax2 is as solid as you are thinking! Great little vape for some stealth puffs, definitely get the end caps! Just get a good read of your dorm life before the party moves to your room!
Best of luck.
Thank you for the reply! I'd consider you more of a wise old man than an old fart haha that being said. It really boils down to always being as careful as the first time. Usually (not always but typically) the ones who I've seen get caught are the people who stop blowing out the window or monitoring their volume because they got too comfortable. Just gotta stay cautious!

Bart3

I just received my Pax 2 and have to say I'm loving it. I had the Firefly 2 previously and had difficulties with the long draw time required for good results. I also love the Pax design for my use type, it's much more discreet and almost looks like a backup battery charger I have as-just another computer part in my bag.

Quick question: should the oven lid be wobble a little, be loose? The magnets hold it to the body, but seems looser than I would expect. Sorry if this is a common question - I poked around the tread and searched but didn't find this asked.

Bart3,

Bdubbdiblets

I just received my Pax 2 and have to say I'm loving it. I had the Firefly 2 previously and had difficulties with the long draw time required for good results. I also love the Pax design for my use type, it's much more discreet and almost looks like a backup battery charger I have as-just another computer part in my bag.

Quick question: should the oven lid be wobble a little, be loose? The magnets hold it to the body, but seems looser than I would expect. Sorry if this is a common question - I poked around the tread and searched but didn't find this asked.

It should be able to pop out easily from the sides but shouldn't be super loose...

if ur a pax 2 noob you should check out some of the accessories at newvape.com, like the pusher and screen combo as well as the vented oven lid...for me it helped with needing less to get good results and seems more efficient..pax 2 works tho fo sho!!

Bdubbdiblets,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

There is some amount of 'slop' in the oven lid, mostly so it can rock back and forth when you push as if you were opening. The play is so that it can pivot and open.
I agree that the NewVape adjustable pusher is a vg addition to the Pax2 and can really make smaller loads work well. You can achieve similar with a folded pipe screen (think 'taco') atop a small load. The idea is to keep the load tamped down for better conduction. I haven't seen a need, myself, for the other NewVApe items though folks do use them. If on a budget and want to try, start with just the pusher.
Hey, it's a cute little titanium thingy!
Happy Pax'ing!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thank you for the reply! I'd consider you more of a wise old man than an old fart haha that being said. It really boils down to always being as careful as the first time. Usually (not always but typically) the ones who I've seen get caught are the people who stop blowing out the window or monitoring their volume because they got too comfortable. Just gotta stay cautious!
Get into concentrates if you can...I was using wax in an air bnb place that didn't allow smoking and used it every night with no suspicion.

Also another option is mixing you favorite herb with other herbs that have different smells to throw it off.

But without a doubt that pax smells strong if your herb does, if it smells grassy or weak...find better friends, but your pax won't make it smell too much.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: vapviking

collegeKid101

Get into concentrates if you can...I was using wax in an air bnb place that didn't allow smoking and used it every night with no suspicion.

Also another option is mixing you favorite herb with other herbs that have different smells to throw it off.

But without a doubt that pax smells strong if your herb does, if it smells grassy or weak...find better friends, but your pax won't make it smell too much.
"find better friends" hahahah I was thinking of mixing it with some lavender or peppermint.

collegeKid101,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom