Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

toked23

Looking for a little help. Have a question for you pax2 folks. I'm a fairly light user. 1-3 hits per day. How inefficient will this really be assuming I use the bent filter trick? Will this be a deal breaker for me? I really really love the size...

Milkytime

If you are only looking to take a couple hits then the pax 2 is not for you. It works best as a session vape when packed fully or with screen/pusher. You have to commit .2 - .5 per load and it will give you way more hits than 1-3 and if you turn off the device it kinda wastes the load, definitely best to once you start up the pax finish the load. Then maybe stir up the brick and finish. But what im trying to get at is you want a Milanna, or FF2 or an underdog/nano somthing you can hit and move on from. Even the CF/CFX will do small loads better and its a session stlye vape.

Mr Mellish

Looking for a little help. Have a question for you pax2 folks. I'm a fairly light user. 1-3 hits per day. How inefficient will this really be assuming I use the bent filter trick? Will this be a deal breaker for me? I really really love the size...

Personally, I would think the Pax2 would be the wrong choice. For that kind of usage, something on demand would be better:

ESV
Vapman
Firewood 3
Firefly 2
Grasshopper (ha!)

toked23

Ahhhh, well, thank you for the replys. Kinda disappointed for the stealth look etc... Would have been perfect if I could not waste so much...

I really love the look of the pax2. Would be absolutely perfect for me

What would happen, or well, how many decent hits would I get out of the half load assume I broke it up into 2 days or whatever... Hypothetically

Last edited by a moderator:
toked23,

Milkytime

Its a great vape dont get us wrong but its more like commiting to a joint, and finishing it, and great for passing between multiple people.

@Mr Mellish list is a nice list of more on demand options for one and done use

Also vapcap is a great option for only a few hits, i highly recommend it.

If you pax 1/2 prolly 8-10 hits id guess, once you turn off and on again it definitely effects efficacy. Stir it up and prolly get a few more.
Or you can roast it on temp 2 put it down stir temp 3 finish load. But again turning on and off dramaticly reduces efficacy of the load. If you only hit it x2 and put it away it wastes so much.

Last edited:
Milkytime,

Reggie Watts

Firefly2 or Grasshopper would be better for you.

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

toked23

Would it work if I somehow figured out how to pack it with only .1g?

Would that work for say 2 days of a couple hits each? Would the way this oven works really waste it anyway though?

I think I just really really like the ease and stealthiness of the pax...

Im listening to all of you though. Probably hoping for more than will exist...

Milkytime

The oven needs to be packed firmly and you need to grind fine for best results. If you are going to Use it this way pick up the pax pusher from newvape or try the screen trick but it dosent work all that well imo with small loads. The oven really dosent like it when your load is flying around everything needs to touch for the conduction.

Pax 2 is a great vape but you are trying to use it not as intended and will prolly be underwhelmed by the performance that you are looking for.

Milkytime,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
PAX representatives stopped by the dispensary I manage today.
Rep #1 was very nice, had her quick words about legal then bought her edibles and was ready to leave.
Rep #2 was a somewhat of a waste of time as she wanted to demo the unit after I'd already told her I can't buy them and I have already personally used both pax and pax 2. Also she was informed that I'm the only employee of my little empire who vapes so literally all I need to explain and take her sales pitch on over to my boss, is the price sheet. Certainly nowhere near the level of annoyance other vendors put me through tho.

Their wholesale offers were pretty nice, and currently include a promotion of free add on units.

Anyone out there looking to retail this now, may be a good time to chat with them about wholesale.

Dramma Lamma,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Ahhhh, well, thank you for the replys. Kinda disappointed for the stealth look etc... Would have been perfect if I could not waste so much...

I really love the look of the pax2. Would be absolutely perfect for me

What would happen, or well, how many decent hits would I get out of the half load assume I broke it up into 2 days or whatever... Hypothetically

I agree that on-demand heating is a solid choice for your needs. I use my PAX like you've described a lot, though. I just pack it half way, take a few draws, then revisit the oven load later in the day. The flavor is pretty much gone on the 2nd session but it definitely works. Guess it depends on whether you value flavor more than the other factors that make PAX interesting for you :)

toked23

I agree that on-demand heating is a solid choice for your needs. I use my PAX like you've described a lot, though. I just pack it half way, take a few draws, then revisit the oven load later in the day. The flavor is pretty much gone on the 2nd session but it definitely works. Guess it depends on whether you value flavor more than the other factors that make PAX interesting for you :)

So you've had success this way? I like the flavor, but not as much as the feeling... Ha

Flavor is easily below the convenience, quality of vapor(not Taste). effectiveness and stealth are probably MOST important

toked23,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
So you've had success this way? I like the flavor, but not as much as the feeling... Ha

Indeed! And for context, I never use accessories like a pusher, or the screen trick (tried them all in the past, though). Just half-pack the oven really tightly into a brick and it holds up just fine. I'll use temps 1 and 2 for my first session (less than 5 draws) and then 3 and 4 for the second.

PAX representatives stopped by the dispensary I manage today.
Rep #1 was very nice, had her quick words about legal then bought her edibles and was ready to leave.
Rep #2 was a somewhat of a waste of time as she wanted to demo the unit after I'd already told her I can't buy them and I have already personally used both pax and pax 2. Also she was informed that I'm the only employee of my little empire who vapes so literally all I need to explain and take her sales pitch on over to my boss, is the price sheet. Certainly nowhere near the level of annoyance other vendors put me through tho.

Their wholesale offers were pretty nice, and currently include a promotion of free add on units.

Anyone out there looking to retail this now, may be a good time to chat with them about wholesale.

Appreciate you sharing this feedback! I'll pass it to our Sales team. Feel free to let me know your store's zip code so we can pinpoint the reps.

Ojan_at_PAX,
Reactions: Bandoo

Reggie Watts

How much does 1/2 packed actually end up being? .1g?
More like 0.2 g. A full oven load of finely-ground herb is at least 0.4 g. That's one of my biggest criticisms of the Pax; it uses a lot of material. However, that makes it great for group sessions on the go. The Pax2 is the ultimate "going out vape" IMO.

Reggie Watts,

mikeswife

Hi all,

I am an infrequent poster but read quite a bit. I was having trouble with the Airizer Air 2 because the pull was too hard for my lungs. Recently diagnosed with COPD and have quit smoking cigs. Before the diagnosis, I felt breathless and began to find vaping easier (and safer??) due to combustion.

I ended up buying the Pax 2. It works for me because the draw is much easier than the Airizer Air (as well as the other "top 5" I have researched) due to the easy draw. Does anyone else find this to be also be true - that the Pax 2 is an easy draw?

Also, do you think vaping is better than smoking and why (scientifically)? The COPD has me a bit shaken but I have read that those who are long term MJ smokers often find less issues with COPD/weed (and that weed may help COPD). It was those damn cigs (which are SO difficult to give up - so hard).
Thanks for reading and for you previous feedback. And thanks for all the great information. Mike's wife.

mikeswife,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I don't have the Arizer Air 2 or the Pax 2 so sadly I can't compare the airflow for you.

As for why vaping is better than smoking, when you are smoking, you are burning the material and causing all sorts of chemical reactions that produce tar and other nasty carcinogens. When you are vaporizing, you are not allowing that chemical reaction to happen, therefore you are theorectically getting just the chemicals from the material.

Check out this link:

https://puri5.us/blogs/news/29558787-why-vaping-marijuana-is-better-and-healthier-than-smoking-it

Also - here is a decent link on COPD and Marijuana, and stating vaporizing is better than smoking. However, I think their temperature is a bit off.

https://lunginstitute.com/blog/can-marijuana-help-copd/

Edit: I'm not sure how this ended up in the Pax 2 thread.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi all,

I am an infrequent poster but read quite a bit. I was having trouble with the Airizer Air 2 because the pull was too hard for my lungs. Recently diagnosed with COPD and have quit smoking cigs. Before the diagnosis, I felt breathless and began to find vaping easier (and safer??) due to combustion.

I ended up buying the Pax 2. It works for me because the draw is much easier than the Airizer Air (as well as the other "top 5" I have researched) due to the easy draw. Does anyone else find this to be also be true - that the Pax 2 is an easy draw?

Also, do you think vaping is better than smoking and why (scientifically)? The COPD has me a bit shaken but I have read that those who are long term MJ smokers often find less issues with COPD/weed (and that weed may help COPD). It was those damn cigs (which are SO difficult to give up - so hard).
Thanks for reading and for you previous feedback. And thanks for all the great information. Mike's wife.
Welcome. There sure is a lot for you to read in these forums!
I've owned both Pax's plus Crafty and Mighty. I have COPD, stopped lifetime combusting stuff, yadda, yadda...
Both Pax's are generally known to have a relatively high degree of 'draw restriction'. I also think this is the case, and while I sometimes enjoy the 'sipping' on a Pax2, my other point of reference makes a stark comparison. Mighty/Crafty are very easy draw and a cooler vape is delivered. This is not to say you can't have a smooth experience with Pax2, just addressing the 'draw' issue a bit. The cooling is also relevant to a discussion about irritation. I don't mean to tout only Mighty, just using the example I have known re: variations in the vape and experience among vapes.

Have you explored Pax2 through a water tool? There's an after-market silicone adapter made for the Pax2 to facilitate this. Adding moisture is often the one biggest steps toward reducing irritation.

Quit cigarettes 5-1/2 years ago and combusting herb 3-1/2. When I get a 'cold' now it is usually less severe and shorter in length than when I smoked. That is my scientific analysis.

I still cough real deep if I take too bit a hit...who doesn't! There's an obvious workaround for that.

I also like to say that fresh air now tastes fucking great.

There's also some good discussion of vaping here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/authors/pakalolo.954/

Also see thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-many-true-combustion-fuckers.6415/

Best.

toked23

Pax2 still does a great job for me. The stink isn't the best but otherwise it works very very well every time for me.

b0

Cloudy...
Anyone ever traveled on an airplane with the pax 2? Obviously need it super clean first but wondering if anyone has any experiences here..

Past year I took 17 planes travelling around europe with the pax2 always in my backpack and never had a ny problem. As long as you clean it properly with ISO you won't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom