Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkytime

The problem with using the delta 3d wpa as just a mouthpiece i have found is it dosent engage the lip sense boost in temp to help keep up with your draw all the time. I find i have to detach the wpa and touch the top of the pax to get it to register every once in a while.

Milkytime,

ander

I find i have to detach the wpa and touch the top of the pax to get it to register every once in a while
Try to press the base of the mouthpiece with a finger (or better between two...) during use. If you make a test with party mode you'll see clearly how it works. Anyway, if we forget to do it, the device will shut down, doesn't matter if in movement or not.
I'm still searching for a nice glass tube or something similar that fits this useful silicone thing... there are many possibilities among the accessories of other vaporizers but I really don't know what I want at the moment... for sure I want to see the vapor and try to control it in some ways...

Last edited:
ander,

Milkytime

@ander i do use my fingers to press down, this is not fool proof it dosent register it all the time. I still have yo take the wpa off and touch the top to get it to heat up again. I have tried party mode i didn't see any diffrence in performance.

Milkytime,

ander

I still have yo take the wpa off and touch the top to get it to heat up again.
No problems here. Even in long sessions. I think you are doing it in the wrong way. Try to press the thicker part of the mouthpiece towards the center with your thumb and forefinger... I do it every 2-3 draws.

I have tried party mode i didn't see any diffrence in performance.
I wasn't talking about performance...
As you surely know, in "party mode" when the lip sensing tecnology is working the lights change rapidily. Use it to find the points that need to be pressed. In other words: use "party mode" to test how to activate "lip sensing tech", because in this mode the lights tell you clearly when it is active. Then go back on the standard mode if you prefere.

Last edited:
ander,

UnDerBerG

I have the NEWVAPE "vented oven lid". But I also have the "oven screen" and "pusher". My experience? I didn't found the "vented lid" useful for the moment... but if you still have the standard PAX2, the NEWVAPE "3D oven screen" will dramatically change your experience (more airflow, less cleaning) and with the add of the "pusher" you'll have a new vaporizer: a PAX2+! And the possibility to half pack the oven as you said, and with great results. And if you add the "reclaim rod", you don't really need anything else... and maybe no other portable vaporizer for your entire life. The standard oven screen is simply low profile anyway... and doesn't honor the high quality of this device.
Last but not least... I must mention the great "waterpipe adapter" by 3D Delta Studios. I use it as a mouthpiece: it doesn't improve airflow, but gives you more "extraction power"... and turns your PAX in a sort of Chylum.
Did not understand half, but I will check items you sayd.
You should be a salesman ;)
Thanks

UnDerBerG,
Reactions: ander

Milkytime

No problems here. Even in long sessions. I think you are doing it in the wrong way. Try to press the thicker part of the mouthpiece towards the center with your thumb and forefinger... I do it every 2-3 draws.

I dont think you read what i said, that this method is not full proof, somtimes it registers but most of the time not. The delta 3d wpa dose work but it dose not engage the lip sense boost at all none. You have to manually make it happen once i in while just pressing on the wpa is not enough 75% of the time. I know how to use my vape correctly.

Milkytime,

ander

Did not understand half
If you want more precise explanations, just let me know..!
You should be a salesman
Funny..! I've been a really bad salesman a long time ago..!
Anyway, I'm only a NEWVAPE + DELTA 3D STUDIOS enthusiast. Maybe it's because the PAX2 is my first and only vaporizer... but their stuff has drastically improved my experience and this keeps me away from combustion.

I dont think you read what i said
I have read, carefully. But maybe you didn't understand what I wrote...
Sometimes my english can suck, surely.
You have to manually make it happen
Sure. But there's no need to remove the WPA.
somtimes it registers but most of the time not
pressing on the wpa is not enough 75% of the time.
100% succesfull, here...
I know how to use my vape correctly.
This weren't questioned. I didn't want to teach anything, but only be of help.
Enjoy your PAX2.

:peace:

Last edited:

Milkytime

This weren't questioned. I didn't want to teach anything, but only be of help.
Enjoy your PAX2.

Ok my bad, and i started thinking my pax 2 delta 3d wpa is a b stock adapter so maybe its formed a liitle off.

Milkytime,

ander

Ok my bad, and i started thinking my pax 2 delta 3d wpa is a b stock adapter so maybe its formed a liitle off.
Pardon me, I don't really want to bother you... but I'm also using a B-stock for the moment. I had the chance of receiving from Delta 3D two WPA (a "1st choice" and a B-stock. Same as you, I hope...), and I'm keeping the better one for future use. My B-stock is pretty well made, anyway.
But if you are saying that you received a B-stock instead of a "1st choice", this isn't nice... and I think you should ask Ratchett for explanations...

ander,

To_thy_cloud

I just don't think it will work, I know it might
Any PAX 2 mouthpiece adapters to mitigate the hot vapor from the raised mouthpiece ? Looking for something for a grandma to use her PAX 2. Both the raised and the flat get too hot for her. I have seen all the after market parts for the original , but nothing for the 2.

To_thy_cloud,

ander

Any PAX 2 mouthpiece adapters to mitigate the hot vapor from the raised mouthpiece ? Looking for something for a grandma to use her PAX 2. Both the raised and the flat get too hot for her. I have seen all the after market parts for the original , but nothing for the 2.
I've never had heat problems with the flat one... In any case, as you can read above, the Water Pipe Adapter by Delta 3D Studios for the PAX2 (used as a mouthpiece) can surely be a very good option. It can be also applied ON the standard raised mouthpiece (otherwise unusable, IMO) and it will lower "air flow" a bit (that may be desired, or not... matter of taste). With this one you will get vapor more easily, and you could also insert a glass (or steel) tube on the top hole to cool down the vapor even more: many vaporizers have accessories and spare parts that could fit the (very adaptable) 7mm hole. Anyway, I've never found the vapor nor the WPA hot. For what I know, there are no other solutions! And this works great in many ways. Good luck to your great grandma! :tup:

Last edited:
ander,

Spocks_Katra

I found a killer deal on the pax 2 for 420. Ive been wanting this unit for a long time. I have a nano, air and mighty, but want something I can pocket easily all summer. would this be a good vape to get? what are the must have accessories?

lastly does the pax smell as much as everyone makes it out to, or is it the same as any vaporizer?

Mr Mellish

I found a killer deal on the pax 2 for 420. Ive been wanting this unit for a long time. I have a nano, air and mighty, but want something I can pocket easily all summer. would this be a good vape to get? what are the must have accessories?

lastly does the pax smell as much as everyone makes it out to, or is it the same as any vaporizer?

The Pax2 is definitely my most odoriferous vape. It's the only one I can smell when it is just sitting idle. It was my least effective vape also, but the tips for a finer grind, for packing it tighter, and for cigar puffs absolutely helped. It may now have moved above the Prima and the ESV (but the taste hasn't wowed me -- more of an MFLB taste than a Crafty or Firewood 2).

Mr. Me2

As a portable, pocketable Vape that's available now, I think the pax 2 is a winner. There are many other options, but right now I think this one is the best.

I like the pusher from NewVape and you should get the caps from @Ratchett to contain the mell when not in use. The pusher will let you put small loads in the oven. You can use a cut and folded screen, but I prefer the pusher.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Go for it. Pocketability, for sure. Works really well, though I know some others make some better vape, this still has a strong place in the lineup. Affirmative to NewVape pusher and yes to end caps depending on your tolerance, but it does smell just sitting there!
If a too-good to be true deal, be careful. Be sure to buy authentic, if question about source, maybe check with @Ojan_at_PAX

Milkytime

@ander my bstock wpa was free with an order over 10$ it had a small rip at the end. I gave it a 2-3mm circumcision so it wouldn't continue to get worse and it works well.

Milkytime,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
you don't really need anything else... and maybe no other portable vaporizer for your entire life.
that's a BIG ass maybe. if your goal is to never buy another vape you should delete your account NOW...you'll get VAS for sure hanging around here!

Seems like you already have an accesory fetish.

This should be useful to you.

Hey guys, figured I'd chime in here on the PAX 2 and the taste. I have had one of the first PAX 2 units and I have never had a plastic taste. In fact the PAX 2 taste quite good, my biggest complaint would be the weed smell it gives off when heating which takes some of the stealth factor away.

I also wanted to ask you guys which mouth piece you prefer?
I personally like the flat one better because I feel the draws are cooler.
The big downfall to the flat MP is explaining where and which side to hit it from when using the PAX with a friend.

I got sick of explaining this quick so I took a hard look at the "traditional" style MP.
IMO the vapor is much hotter with the OG style MP but it is much more user friendly.

I found a super simple DIY trick for the traditional style mouth piece that IMO makes the vapor as cool if not cooler than the flat MP. As I said, I prefer the flat mouthpiece by myself but with friends I use the Tradition style MP so they can just grab the PAX 2 and hit it.

Here it is. PAX 2 with both mouth pieces.

To cool down the draw significantly simply push a stainless steel BB into the hole in the mouth piece that is directly over the air path coming from the oven.

Here is a close up pic.
The BB fits in there perfectly allowing the vapor to cool down as it reaches the farther hole. I found the hotter draw was a result of the vapor going straight from the ovens air path directly to the hole in the MP above it.

The BB fits in there perfectly and really cools down the draws. It stays in snug and can be removed easily.
If you want cooler draws with the traditional mouth piece, give it a shot!
It take a second to do and makes a huge difference.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! :tup:

@VapeThis Mine is one of the first PAX 2 units and it blows clouds for what it's worth.

:science:

WakeAndVape,

ander

that's a BIG ass maybe. if your goal is to never buy another vape you should delete your account NOW...you'll get VAS for sure hanging around here!
Seems like you already have an accesory fetish.
Well... the enthusiasm of the first days after my newvape purchase... made me exaggerate a bit, maybe?! Sure. But hey, they revolutionized my Pax. And with some further modification, now I don't dream about the mighty anymore... I only dream about a shelf with a hundred strains to choose from.

ander,

Donny531

Has anyone had an issue with the power button on thier pax 2? Mine has been becoming more and more difficult to get to turn on... i really have to push hard and in different spots on the mouth piece to get mine to turn on. Does that button or the mouth piece wear out over time where it would make the unit hard to turn on?

Donny531,

Mr. Me2

Has anyone had an issue with the power button on thier pax 2? Mine has been becoming more and more difficult to get to turn on... i really have to push hard and in different spots on the mouth piece to get mine to turn on. Does that button or the mouth piece wear out over time where it would make the unit hard to turn on?
I have (on rare occasion) read about that issue here. I think you should pm @Ojan_at_PAX and describe your problem. I'm sure he'll help you. Those guys are the best!

Bandoo

I have the same problem with the button.
I have been using my P2 several times a day since I received it a year or so ago.
When used with the raised mouthpiece the button is more or less ok.
But I dont like or the raised mouthpiece so I use the flat one or a modified raised one.
In the last month I have had to use a finger to turn it on and off.
But even with the finger it is getting very difficult to turn on and off or change the power setting.
I live in Israel and it was a gift so I will have to figure out how to get it back there with a friend or re-shipper or just use it as is..
It sure is a good vape anyway when its on.
I sold my AA and just have the Pax 1 and 2. And a resting mflb.
Personaly I liked the P1 very much and being mechanical I never had or have a problem with the switch/mouthpiece. It was and still is a brilliant design. :nope:
Now that the switch is having a problem on the P2 I am using my P1 instead.
Still outstanding!:rofl:
Though I wonder if Pax would honor a warrantee repair on the P2 whose switch doesnt work with the flat mouthpiece?? ;)

Mr. Me2

I have been using my P2 several times a day since I received it a year or so ago.
But I dont like or the raised mouthpiece so I use the flat one or a modified raised one.
But even with the finger it is getting very difficult to turn on and off or change the power setting.
I live in Israel and it was a gift so I will have to figure out how to get it back there with a friend or re-shipper or just use it as is..
Personaly I liked the P1 very much and being mechanical I never had or have a problem with the switch/mouthpiece. It was and still is a brilliant design. :nope:
Though I wonder if Pax would honor a warrantee repair on the P2 whose switch doesnt work with the flat mouthpiece?? ;)
Sounds like time you should pm @Ojan_at_PAX too! I'm sure he can help or at least give you some great direction. He's the man!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
If the pax doesn't power on with the mouthpeice on, it isn't expected behavior and should warrant a warranty claim. Unless something God awful has happened with pax labs, they should cover this...like @Mr. Me2 said Ojan is very helpful, but the pax process isn't a headache through the normal channel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom