Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Watts

If your power button is failing, Ploom will send you a new unit no questions asked. My launch unit had that problem, and the replacement unit they sent has never malfunctioned.

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: Bandoo

Donny531

Thanks for all the replies about the power button guys. My pax does get a lot of heavy use. Probably 10 bowls or ovens a day every day since ive had it. So its my daily driver.

We use the flat mouth piece as well because it seems to cool the vapor a bit more than the raised mouth piece. Also ive noticed today that we have been pressing so hard to get the unit on we have torn/ripped out the center nub on the flat mouth piece.

However once the pax is warm the button does seem to be more responsive.

nOzwhp5.jpg

Edit: how do i get pictures to show up? Does imgur not work or this purpose?

Modnote: Edited to display image. You must link the image file (ending in .jpg), not the page that the image is displayed on.

Last edited by a moderator:

ander

Ploom will send you a new unit
I don't think so... Because Ploom does not produce the PAX2..! It's a PAX Labs Inc. product!
I'm sorry for the correction, but this misunderstanding can drive to a wrong purchase... like my first one... as the fake PAX2 are usually (still) trademarked PLOOM Inc. I'm not saying that this defective unit is a fake, obviously... but I admit that the idea touched my mind...

ander,

Reggie Watts

I don't think so... Because Ploom does not produce the PAX2..! It's a PAX Labs Inc. product!
I'm sorry for the correction, but this misunderstanding can drive to a wrong purchase... like my first one... as the fake PAX2 are usually (still) trademarked PLOOM Inc. I'm not saying that this defective unit is a fake, obviously... but I admit that the idea touched my mind...

Oh, my bad. I forgot they changed names. It used to be Pax by Ploom. So just replace "Ploom" with "Pax Labs (formerly Ploom)" in my last post, and it will be correct.

Last edited:
Reggie Watts,

Milkytime

@Ojan_at_PAX any word on the repaceable, or prepack screens/bowls/cans (with pusher) as i love my pax 2 but since i got my CF and use the ELB screens to prepack this has changed my portable game. The convenience of this method alone has kinda got my pax sitting idle. Been looking foward to these accessories to bring me back to paxing.

Milkytime,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
@Ojan_at_PAX any word on the repaceable, or prepack screens/bowls/cans (with pusher) as i love my pax 2 but since i got my CF and use the ELB screens to prepack this has changed my portable game. The convenience of this method alone has kinda got my pax sitting idle. Been looking foward to these accessories to bring me back to paxing.

No news on pre-loadable cans but I'll share your interest with our team. I can definitely see how that'd be useful :)

Ojan_at_PAX,

BreeJay

Tried doing a search, but got no results.

I am awaiting the arrival of the Pax2 and have a quick question.

Curious as to the use of glass flowers with the PAX2. I use them in an Ascent, and was just wondering if anyone has tried this, or is there any reason not to. My main concern is reducing the amount of material used. I am aware of the pusher and screen trick, but the flowers I have on hand.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Curious as to the use of glass flowers with the PAX2. I use them in an Ascent, and was just wondering if anyone has tried this, or is there any reason not to. My main concern is reducing the amount of material used. I am aware of the pusher and screen trick, but the flowers I have on hand.
It's preferable that your material is down close to the oven bottom, in contact with a screen, so heat is conducted more directly to material. I think the glass flower-as-screen would do the opposite of those. Maybe if a half bowl were set in first, then the flower on top just as spacers similar to pusher or screen...or is that what you meant? Still, I think a material that conducts heat is best in either place.

vapviking,
Reactions: BreeJay

BreeJay

It's preferable that your material is down close to the oven bottom, in contact with a screen, so heat is conducted more directly to material. I think the glass flower-as-screen would do the opposite of those. Maybe if a half bowl were set in first, then the flower on top just as spacers similar to pusher or screen...or is that what you meant? Still, I think a material that conducts heat is best in either place.
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Glass flowers are generally mixed in with the load itself...........so, put in a bit of herb, a flower, more herb, a flower, etc till filled Not really being used as a screen or a pusher.Mixing into the herb reduces the material needed.

Good point about the conductivity. While the flowers do transfer some heat to the herb load, a metal piece would do so better.

BreeJay,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Glass flowers are generally mixed in with the load itself...........so, put in a bit of herb, a flower, more herb, a flower, etc till filled Not really being used as a screen or a pusher.Mixing into the herb reduces the material needed.

Good point about the conductivity. While the flowers do transfer some heat to the herb load, a metal piece would do so better.
Thanks for the education about glass flowers. Next time I should wait til someone who actually knows about the stuff chimes in!
So, when yer Pax2 arrives, give them a try and let us know.

vapviking,

BreeJay

Thanks for the education about glass flowers. Next time I should wait til someone who actually knows about the stuff chimes in!
So, when yer Pax2 arrives, give them a try and let us know.
You were on point. I am probably better suited with something more conductive when all is said and done. Trying to put off the inevitable really as I assume New Vape will eventually see my money.
Never tried using the glass flower screens as spacers, it prolly will work just pack firmly and fully.
Will do. Figure to pack it the same as I would the ascent. :)

BreeJay,

gaseous_clay

Still loving my Pax2, but I hope when they come out with a Pax3 they redo the oven to be wider & shallower like the original. I've found if I fill the oven I still have a considerable amount of green material by the door end, while the screen end has turned coffee brown (I vape on temp setting 3/4.)

I end up using the pusher ever time with it, which halves the size of the oven. The original (I would always used temp 2/3) seemed to be more even in heating the material.

gaseous_clay,

mephisto

I always have enjoyed seeing that condition, then I just flip that half roasted brick over and vape the green side at 2-3 for a nice session. I also have the pusher/adjustable and find myself using the stock lid. Have you tried fitting a Crafty/Mighty steel concentrate pad into the chamber. Once you get the shape fitted, the pad sits on top of the load to decrease headspace and increase heat transfer. Works a charm.... If you need a few pads to try this with, hit me with a PM and I will send you a few.

mephisto,

gaseous_clay

I always have enjoyed seeing that condition, then I just flip that half roasted brick over and vape the green side at 2-3 for a nice session. I also have the pusher/adjustable and find myself using the stock lid. Have you tried fitting a Crafty/Mighty steel concentrate pad into the chamber. Once you get the shape fitted, the pad sits on top of the load to decrease headspace and increase heat transfer. Works a charm.... If you need a few pads to try this with, hit me with a PM and I will send you a few.
Thanks... Before I had the pusher I had some regular bowl screens I had folded over that worked pretty well. The pusher replaced the need for the screens & works great. The original Pax just seemed to do a better job heating all the material. I'm guessing it was due to the shallower bowl keeping everything nearer the heating element.

gaseous_clay,

Reggie Watts

Still loving my Pax2, but I hope when they come out with a Pax3 they redo the oven to be wider & shallower like the original. I've found if I fill the oven I still have a considerable amount of green material by the door end, while the screen end has turned coffee brown (I vape on temp setting 3/4.)

I end up using the pusher ever time with it, which halves the size of the oven. The original (I would always used temp 2/3) seemed to be more even in heating the material.

Um, the OG Pax had the same issue. I always had to flip the loaf for session 2.

What they should do is include a pusher in the package, knowing that not everyone likes to use .5 g in a single load. That's the one thing I find ridiculous about the Pax now that I've tried other vapes. Who the hell vapes .5 per session?? It's good for going out with friends, but for solo use not so much.

They should also include a loading tool to help you load the oven more neatly. I got one from NewVape, but it should have come with the vape. The Mighty has spoiled me...but that's how it should be.

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: vapviking

gaseous_clay

You got the little shovel they sell? I have it too... Works great both for the Pax & loading my VXL Cloud EVO bowls!

Edit: I had a couple ideas on the train home that would be nice. (A Pax2 assisted train ride)

1. A little vibrator thing to let you know when it goes green. There should be something small & light enough to not really effect the size much at all.

2. A cap that would have a built-in pusher. Basically, have a screw built in that you can turn & extend the oven side of the lid. Doesn't seem complicated at all.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Um, the OG Pax had the same issue. I always had to flip the loaf for session 2.

What they should do is include a pusher in the package, knowing that not everyone likes to use .5 g in a single load. That's the one thing I find ridiculous about the Pax now that I've tried other vapes. Who the hell vapes .5 per session?? It's good for going out with friends, but for solo use not so much.

They should also include a loading tool to help you load the oven more neatly. I got one from NewVape, but it should have come with the vape. The Mighty has spoiled me...but that's how it should be.
I agree that a pusher should be standard issue with a Pax2. Or, possibly some filling capsules, they're coming on strong with other vapes.
Despite debate over the practice, I've found that a mid-bowl stir evens it all out easily and adds some new strength to the hits.
When I go out with Pax2, I only bring two things; an old tin film cannister and a 4 penny galvanized box nail.
The round cannister pours nicely and is controlled as it's rotated slowly. The nail head is a tamper and the other end a stir tool. The nail has been my go-to tool for years, going back to Pax1. Just like the old pipe tool but lots smaller, and in almost endless supply in my garage!

vapviking,
Reactions: zor

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

I have done it before and it works decently. Since the oven can be a bit more narrow than the ascent, make sure they don't jam...but other than that the pax heats the same was the ascent does, from the walls of the oven.

For the pax I prefer a rolled pipe screen to the glass flowers ONLY because the screen is one peice and you can use as many flowers as will fit and it makes it easier to loose one or two.

WakeAndVape,

BreeJay

I have done it before and it works decently. Since the oven can be a bit more narrow than the ascent, make sure they don't jam...but other than that the pax heats the same was the ascent does, from the walls of the oven.

For the pax I prefer a rolled pipe screen to the glass flowers ONLY because the screen is one peice and you can use as many flowers as will fit and it makes it easier to loose one or two.
Thanks for the feedback.

Pretty much how I though it might play out. I was concerned if the flowers might somehow affect any temperature sensing technology.

I will pick up a screen. I inquired about the flowers only as I have some on hand. I see my Pax2 is out for delivery, so I'll be able to put it to the test soon enough.

Thanks again.

BreeJay,

Bandoo

Reply to Gaseous Clay above;
That number two idea is a great one! :)
An oven cap with an adjustable spacer or maybe an 'adjustable screwable (semi tight adjustment) stiff screen pusher'.
Leaving the oven lid as it is more or less and like tapping in a screw mounted stiff screen.
A screened pusher could be stable hopefully without disturbing the heat signature of the oven and would only need to travel like 4 or 5 mm.
Maybe someone will make one..:popcorn:

:2c:

Bandoo,

BreeJay

So...............glass flowers. Did try them.............pointless. Don't really help in any way. Can't get enough in to make a difference on load size, inhibits achieving a well packed chamber. Also.........oven size wasn't as large as I though it might be.

I like this vape. A lot. I had a Firefly that died and I tried to warranty ( through vape world ). While initially I was disappointed at not being able to get the Firefly again..........loved the big clouds and taste from it, I was surprised by the Pax2. It is more than I was expecting. Out of the box, it is easily the best session vape I have owned. Above average for vapor quality, vapor production and build quality. Battery life is decent and from what I can tell after a couple of days of use it's pretty efficient.

One slight negative....................I can see I'll be cleaning this device often. After 2 days of use it was so clogged no air would pass through it when inhaled. Other than that...........love this thing.

Milkytime

Yeah i clean my pax every day otherwise the vapor production sucks. If you keep it clean it works very well with correct packing technique.

Last edited:

Donny531

Ive found that cleaning out a spent load is easier right after a session while the oven is still warm. If you wait for the oven and material to cool it seems more packed/settled in there.

I just take a paper clip and scrape out the spent herbs and really try to make sure all the ridges are clear on the screen on the bottom of the oven. This helps keep airflow in between cleanings ive found. Again its easier to get the ridges clean when the oven is still warm.

We do clean the unit once or twice a week where we pop the screen out and rub thw oven down with some iso. Then run a pipe cleaner through the airpath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom