Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Friends and Neighbors,

I've been singled out to help out by Beta testing a 1701 cart for D9, the long awaited 'leakproof Omicron cart'. While my understanding is there are some 2.4s in the test process, I drew a 1.6 Ohm version, a hot rod for sure.

[SNIP]

OF

How does Taste compare to the old D9 carts so far. The old carts could, at times, have a rather gnarly taste, sometimes from the get go. How is airflow? have images been put up yet of the carts?

Stoked to finally try these with the puregold.

Id like to see a rating on things of it. Maybe even a comparison rating between 1701 and the old D9s.

~Airflow: 0-10
~Start Taste (using a fairly consistent control; Puregold or Comparable): 0-10
~Taste (after a gram has been used): 0-10
~Leaks: 0-10
~Clogs: 0-10
~Heating (this would have to be done multiple times with different materials; Wax, Oil, PG, Goo, etc): 0-10
~Ease (Filling, using, attaching, etc): 0-10
~Consistency in its function (if heated from cold for 5 seconds would it consistently produce the same vapor, doesnt just kick the bucket, etc): 0-10
~Design: 0-10
~Price
~Variety (Colours, Resistances, etc)

As it is probably many of these cant be answers as its a BETA not a final product. But itd be interesting to see the results and the comparison between the two. Maybe its bounds and leaps ahead of what should be considered. Itd just be informative to prospective users.

OF

How does Taste compare to the old D9 carts so far. The old carts could, at times, have a rather gnarly taste, sometimes from the get go. How is airflow? have images been put up yet of the carts?

Stoked to finally try these with the puregold. hopefully no leaks, clogs, wispiness, foul taste, or DOAs. Obviously some things will happen, but lets see how it goes.

Id like to see a rating on things of it. Maybe even a comparison rating between 1701 and the old D9s.

~Airflow: 0-10
~Start Taste (using a fairly consistent control; Puregold or Comparable): 0-10
~Taste (after a gram has been used): 0-10
~Leaks: 0-10
~Clogs: 0-10
~Heating (this would have to be done multiple times with different materials; Wax, Oil, PG, Goo, etc): 0-10
~Ease (Filling, using, attaching, etc): 0-10
~Consistency in its function (if heated from cold for 5 seconds would it consistently produce the same vapor, doesnt just kick the bucket, etc): 0-10
~Design: 0-10
~Price
~Variety (Colours, Resistances, etc)

As it is probably many of these cant be answers as its a BETA not a final product. But itd be interesting to see the results and the comparison between the two. Maybe its bounds and leaps ahead of what should be considered. Itd just be informative to prospective users.

As to the first question (I assume it's a question, there's no traditional question mark at the end...) I think I already said "so far I think the taste is superior, it seems 'fresher' to me than the same stuff in the partially used Omicron cart", my opinion hasn't changed since then.

The airflow is good, better I think than Omicron. It no longer lets air in the center pin so leaks (should they happen) should be much easier to deal with.

As to the rest of your wish list, that's a daunting task. Please don't hold your breath waiting on my doing it. Perhaps someone will eventually. I'm happy to report what I find as long as it's within Forum rules and well received, and answer reasonable questions if I can, but frankly I feel no obligations to take on such a project as you suggest.

OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
As to the rest of your wish list, that's a daunting task. Please don't hold your breath waiting on my doing it. Perhaps someone will eventually. I'm happy to report what I find as long as it's within Forum rules and well received, and answer reasonable questions if I can, but frankly I feel no obligations to take on such a project as you suggest.

OF

Understandable. Was more like a generalized post to any who test who wish to post info like that.

Porquiplane,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Currently there is 20 prototypes in circulation.

10 of one type different ohms. 1.5 and 2.4's

10 of another type different ohms.

Air flow should be about the same as a standard cart if not a 5% increase.

Taste is increased even further because the lack of solder, and silica wick.

It could leake nothing is 100%

It could clog as stated nothing is 100%, but the design is done to decrease the chances of that happening,

OF can speak if the how clever the design is.

Fill is pretty simple as its designed for PG and other runny type liquids.

Taste stays same even after multiple grams. That's from our testing. Of will confirm this.

Currently only 2.4's are planned and more to follow. After initial minor release and any upgrades if possible then full production starts.

Price: TBD

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Currently there is 20 prototypes in circulation.

10 of one type different ohms. 1.5 and 2.4's

10 of another type different ohms.

Currently only 2.4's are planned and more to follow. After initial minor release and any upgrades if possible then full production starts.

Sounds solid.

That is, if all goes well, the kind of cart that will aid many users in receiving their product much easier, tasier and more effectively. Hope all pans out well.

Porquiplane,

lockie

My original universal charger went out today so I was wondering if the UltraFire charger would be able to charge the 7.4 omicron blue batteries with the spacers or would I have to buy another charger? Apparently the "Persei Charger" according to the delta9 website which is what mine looks like.
Only asking cause I already have the ultrafire charger since I bought it for the hercules and I rather not try it without knowing and have it destroy the batteries :p

lockie,

Silvercloud538

Friends and Neighbors,

I've been singled out to help out by Beta testing a 1701 cart for D9, the long awaited 'leakproof Omicron cart'. While my understanding is there are some 2.4s in the test process, I drew a 1.6 Ohm version, a hot rod for sure.

It's shorter than the old one by about 3/4 inch, such that with the included plastic 'drip tip' style MP (not the usual Silicone one) it stands as tall as the original cart sans MP. It weighs over two grams less.

I put in half a gram of CO2 oil (some nice Sour Diesel I've been enjoying in a 2.4 Ohm Omicron cart). It loads easier than the original and primed faster than most. It uses the same loading tool

Since new cart is 3/4 " shorter ,what's the max capacity to refill ? (0.5 g + ?) ~ TIA

Silvercloud538,

jpdnkstr

My original universal charger went out today so I was wondering if the UltraFire charger would be able to charge the 7.4 omicron blue batteries with the spacers or would I have to buy another charger? Apparently the "Persei Charger" according to the delta9 website which is what mine looks like.
Only asking cause I already have the ultrafire charger since I bought it for the hercules and I rather not try it without knowing and have it destroy the batteries :p
I use the ultra charger for most of my batteries including the small 14250's. Just be sire the switch's are set at 300 mah, 3.7V . Probably a bit fast for these little batteries, but has been working for me. I will add that these batteries don't last long, but the small package, big bang that they provide is worth it to me. I love pulling out my HVD at 7.4 with a 5 ohmer and blowin clouds like a steam engine!

jpdnkstr,

OF

My original universal charger went out today so I was wondering if the UltraFire charger would be able to charge the 7.4 omicron blue batteries with the spacers or would I have to buy another charger?

Which one? There are lots of different models made by UF, I have 3 I think? If it's the popular WF-188 yes, in the right mode. 3.7 Volts (not 3.2) of course, but critically 300mA charging. That's the important part, you want charge rates under about 350, most are 500 and will be hard on those little guys.

I use my 188 to charge them, FWIW. I don't use the factory chargers.

Since new cart is 3/4 " shorter ,what's the max capacity to refill ? (0.5 g + ?) ~ TIA

These are Beta units AFAIK. And I have only one of two versions being tested we both just learned, I've no idea about the other type nor more than a guess about the final version (or even how this one works past less than a days use with one concentrate at one loading level).

As a guess it should hold another half or a bit more? I've no idea if it'll work that full, but that's not what was asked.

OF

eln00b

Friends and Neighbors,

It's shorter than the old one by about 3/4 inch, such that with the included plastic 'drip tip' style MP (not the usual Silicone one) it stands as tall as the original cart sans MP. It weighs over two grams less.

I put in half a gram of CO2 oil (some nice Sour Diesel I've been enjoying in a 2.4 Ohm Omicron cart). It loads easier than the original and primed faster than most. It uses the same loading tools.

Volume of vapor produced is impressive as you might think, so far I think the taste is superior, it seems 'fresher' to me than the same stuff in the partially used Omicron cart.

One thing is sure, if this one is representative of the design, it's going to push Nibbler sales through the overhead. The two are 'made for each other' in practice if not intent. Putting my usual foot long tube on the Nibbler so I can watch carefully shows it's very easy to get it into full production....and dangerous to do so.

This one has all the earmarks of changing the rules. It'll take some time to confirm that, but I'm very optimistic right now. The long awaited ship may finally be in sight.

My plan is to run it a while to get used to it and vape up some CO2 oil then clean it out and load up some PG. As of now, boiling is approved, ISO soaks under investigation.

To sum it up in two words, I'd say "very impressive".

OF

Thanks OF! Can't wait for the public release.

THC: Any idea when we'll be seeing them?

eln00b,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

THC: Any idea when we'll be seeing them?

Ok not sure when it's gonna get released but its in the last testing phase.

It will be included in units once our current stock has run out.

You can fill no more then half a gram or it will start to leak. Sorry guys the design was made for runny type oils.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

OF

You're welcome.

I'd again like to stress this is a Beta test of (at least) two types and several powers within each. It is not in any way ready for production for all we're told. In fact, just the opposite. If the design was fixed, the tests now in process would not be happening.

There are two versions (at least), only one of which I've seen, what if the other is superior?

I understand folks are anxious and want it yesterday, good bad or indifferent......no of course not. They want it right. Have we (collectively) forgotten the ongoing lesson of Hercules? This is exactly why I favor a more 'close to the vest' stance like MF uses over the 'open with everything' system TV tried with Cera. IMO Forum Members don't keep it in perspective (if it ever was for them).

My advice is be patient, let G handle this as he sees best, don't keep up with the 'are we there yet?', 'are we there, yet?'. He wants it delivered at least as badly much as any of us for sure. He, more than almost anyone else, understands the risks and costs of rushing. I just don't see anything productive from 'pushing'.

"Take all the time you need to do a good job".

Thanks for listening.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys just to be clear this is the final design. No other changes are or will be made other then minor tweeks in design.

Both Designs work awesome, just the version OF has has theoretically longer life span then the other. So we are going with that.

What OF and 10 other people are testing is taste now and reliability.

1000 pcs are in production for Open Beta testing and once that is done Full production begins with 2.4's and maybe other Ohms. Given that its designed for runny oils I doubt 1.5's will be needed.

We designed this design to work with our technique.

Inhale just like a tenth of a second before you press the button.

Once you are done, Exhale the vapor, Inhale one more time without pressing the button to cool down the liquid inside. Repeat process as many times as you like, remember to allow some time between hits so that the oil has a chance to travel to the vaporization chamber.

Once done keep inhaling without pressing the button a few times to cool it down and your good to go.

Load more then .5 its gonna leak most likely and clog, run it like a train without proper cool down its gonna leak or clog.

Remember this is designed to follow those rules and when used with PG or other types of oils that are similar it shouldn't leak.

Now remember the 1000 pcs are testing to confirm what we have confirmed with the prior prototypes.

makisupacurtain

Cant wait for the new cartridges to come out, have ordered some CE4 cartos for the meantime. having too many leak issues with my reg carts.

makisupacurtain,

OF

OF is your cartridge leaking? How many grams have gone through it?

Not a hint. And for those not looking at one, you can easily see into the two vents (in fact one of them shows part of the heater wire on it's way to the connector I think). I'm trying to get it to. Last time I ran it hard and laid it on it's side rather than cooling it and leaving it standing. The oil shifted in the tank but no leak from the top end either.

That might change over time and with different concentrates, but for now top marks on staying where it should. And like I said, if it should ever leak it's above the threads now so it shouldn't make a huge mess in the socket. My Persei and all my Omicron heads but one have oil in them from leaks I can't get out (not causing problems, just there).

I'm part way through the first half gram, it'll take me some time and effort to do grams, my tolerance is lower than many....on purpose.

One interesting thing, though, is the smell of the cart. Normally to me sniffing the top of the cart ends up smelling 'flat' or even a little cooked pretty quickly. With this is so far smells very fresh, and stronger, just like the oil in the jar does before I start heating it up over and over. I like it.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Not a hint. And for those not looking at one, you can easily see into the two vents (in fact one of them shows part of the heater wire on it's way to the connector I think). I'm trying to get it to. Last time I ran it hard and laid it on it's side rather than cooling it and leaving it standing. The oil shifted in the tank but no leak from the top end either.

That might change over time and with different concentrates, but for now top marks on staying where it should. And like I said, if it should ever leak it's above the threads now so it shouldn't make a huge mess in the socket. My Persei and all my Omicron heads but one have oil in them from leaks I can't get out (not causing problems, just there).

I'm part way through the first half gram, it'll take me some time and effort to do grams, my tolerance is lower than many....on purpose.

One interesting thing, though, is the smell of the cart. Normally to me sniffing the top of the cart ends up smelling 'flat' or even a little cooked pretty quickly. With this is so far smells very fresh, and stronger, just like the oil in the jar does before I start heating it up over and over. I like it.

OF

Thank you OF. I can say that there is only 1 heater in there now. This is why it stays fresher, but with this set up we can only use PG type oils, and waxes are a bit harder to prime. It still is possible but the risk of running dry could kill it.

FeelingFactory

Thank you OF. I can say that there is only 1 heater in there now. This is why it stays fresher, but with this set up we can only use PG type oils, and waxes are a bit harder to prime. It still is possible but the risk of running dry could kill it.

Does this render shatters out of the question with the new 1701 design? Not that there is anything wrong with my current 2.4's to make me absolutely need a new style cart but it's good knowing this before ordering and loading just to try it out. Thanks for the clarification above as well.

OF

Thank you OF. I can say that there is only 1 heater in there now. This is why it stays fresher, but with this set up we can only use PG type oils, and waxes are a bit harder to prime.

You're welcome for sure. That explains a lot. The 'just barely stiff' CO2 oil I'm using seems just fine. IMO a very good trade off.

We still have the two heater carts for the harder stuff.

OF

OF,

OF

So blonde waxy bho, would that work well?

Based on "waxes are a bit harder to prime. It still is possible but the risk of running dry could kill it." I'd say no. The thicker concentrates might work OK (but not 'well'), but the unit seems designed around concentrates that don't need any (or at most very little) heat to flow well. Waxes are likely to feed slower and increase the risk that impatient owners will burn the unit out?

IMO good waxes work just fine in the 2.4 Ohm Omicron carts that were designed for them. My understanding is the 'not quite thin enough to flow down in the vial' oils are the upper limit of the range. The goal was to fix leaks, not feed the heavy stuff?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom