Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

whoisdecoy

Really Delta9Vapes, $5.85 to ship one(1) cart.? Doesn't look like I'll be getting any more carts. for vaping. Comes to almost $23. for 1 cart. What's that all about?

They use USPS Priority Mail (~$5.00) with padded envelopes (~$1.00) so that they have confirmation and tracking. Sucks they don't offer the lower USPS First Class option.

whoisdecoy,

toros23

Really Delta9Vapes, $5.85 to ship one(1) cart.? Doesn't look like I'll be getting any more carts. for vaping. Comes to almost $23. for 1 cart. What's that all about?

Have you checked your local dispensaries? Many around here carry the omi carts.

toros23,
Reactions: OF

poonman

Shipping costs sucks .
Each cart will eventually expire , due to usage .
I usually order a 5 pk combo ( both 1.5 and 2.4 ) when I need to re-stock .

It sounds like you made the original cart last a long time .

poonman,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
Bob I am just trying to help people. You can come up with all the numbers and mathematics you choose it won't change the facts. The mixture I am using is killer. I am just trying to share this with people.

You say your two cents? Please put in your two cents. Go get some PG USP, mix it with your oil, try it, and then give us your two cents. Otherwise, it is just a bunch of hot air. This ain't my first rodeo.

Grow Goddess,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
Bob I am just trying to help people. You can come up with all the numbers and mathematics you choose it won't change the facts. The mixture I am using is killer. I am just trying to share this with people.

You say your two cents? Please put in your two cents. Go get some PG USP, mix it with your oil, try it, and then give us your two cents. Otherwise, it is just a bunch of hot air. This ain't my first rodeo.

Grow Goddess,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

mixing pg with oil might not be what people are looking for. I know your trying to help but when it comes to aromatherapy people want pure clean therapy not something thats cut down. That is why many use vaporizers instead of combustion.

Now i cant verify my results as last time we used pg to cut oil was over 2 years ago, but our laboratory tested pg came back at 1mg of thc per 1ml of liquid. This is low number when Specific gravity of PG and oil is around 1.06 or something like that not sure of the correct number. This translates to around 1000mg of liquid and 1 mg is thc. The absorption rate of PG and thc is low as THC is hydrophobic and pg is hydrophilic.

Now going to my other tests. The samples we tested was tincture meaning pg was used to absorb thc from sugar leaves buds, and other materials. The complex cocking formula we had each batch simmering for more then 3 weeks in buds and we got no more then 1mg of thc per 1ml of pg.

Now you might get more thc per 1ml of pg because your taking oil and just mixing it with pg, once again when the mix is done 1:1 and you let it sit there you will see the oil and pg separate.

This is from our experience, I wish i had the results of the testing done, but since i didnt need it i didnt keep it. Testing was done by Steep Hill Laboratory.

Our conclusion on vg/pg as solvent is poor.

OF

The one in the Omi is still at 3.54V and the one I just pulled out of the charger is about 100mV. I think I'll go buy a charger and see if that helps. This is really odd. The other two that the charger might have killed are around 1V.

At 100mV it's not a battery, it's toast. Anything below 2.5 is a big concern, 2.0 basically fatal usually. That's what protection circuits are all about.

I like the 'try another charger' idea. For sure I'd stop feeding good batteries to the one you have?

I appreciate that you're passing on what works for you. I don't doubt it works for you any more than I think Bob does. I know I've tried VG and PG in various combinations, I'm pretty sure Bob has, lots of us have. Your experience is, I think unique. If the RSO is low enough THC content I can see not 'seeing' any reduction perhaps, but the numbers he gave are real. It's hard to get past 1/4 of so the potency of straight concentrates.

VG and PG make great solvents for Nicotine of course, since the dose needed is so tiny compared to THC.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

i understand you are trying to help, but you are bring information to a thread about stuff that, as "G" says, is more than two years old. then you say that PG is more effective. that unfortunately is false. and i have done so. funnily, roughly enough, the same time "G" was conducting his experiments. for a pain relief tincture topical it is great ingredient. ABV mixed w/this is my preferencer. it does absorb cbd's and cbn's better, but it's just not great at thc.i prefer VG for edible tinctures and coconut oil for food. but PG is great as a topical. if yo go to the beginning of this thread you'll find the original omi used tintcure as do many of the cheaper ecig knockoff vaporizor companies currently. then d9 made their own carts, as a few other companies have. specifically to vape bho by itself as it is most potent that way. i prefer VG for edible tinctures and coconut oil for food. but PG is great as a topical, as i said.

to be honest, i am surprised that mods haven't dinged you for being off topic (not that i have or would report you, don't believe in that kind of stuff). but i don't see how any of this has to do w/ D9 or the omicron. and none of your posts has been related. that i accept to a certain degree, but giving your subjective experience and saying that it is medical fact, following it up with
. You can come up with all the numbers and mathematics you choose it won't change the facts.
seriously, not trying to be a jerk, but do you hear yourself? when follow it up with
The mixture I am using is killer. I am just trying to share this with people.You say your two cents? Please put in your two cents. Go get some PG USP, mix it with your oil, try it, and then give us your two cents. Otherwise, it is just a bunch of hot air. This ain't my first rodeo.
also, not trying to be a jerk, but it reinforces the subjectivity when you say; "the mixture I am using is killer."
i am not going to put my "resume" down here either, but suffice to say i have done exactly as you ask, i've made pretty much every type of oil at one point or another. many experiments over many years. i don't believe it holds PG hold up to being "better than by itself" with RSO or any other oil. but believe me when i say my intent was not to offend. only to point out truth. no ones ever accused my of being the easiest of tongue, but i'm rarely ever pointed out as being completely full of it either. i reputation i've earned for both i believe. i am very happy that you have found meds that help you and wish you a pain free day.

whoisdecoy

At 100mV it's not a battery, it's toast. Anything below 2.5 is a big concern, 2.0 basically fatal usually. That's what protection circuits are all about.

I like the 'try another charger' idea. For sure I'd stop feeding good batteries to the one you have?

I appreciate the answer. Couldn't find a local charger. If D9 can't send me a new one Monday, I will have to buy one online.

whoisdecoy,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
To THC Scientific, my apologies for hijacking your thread. This will be my last post here.

I have a lot of oil and premium buds to enjoy. I have purchased many different types of vaporizers and parts to sample and see which way I could best use and enjoy my product. Most of the vaporizers I checked out that were intended for concentrates are modified e-cigg products and way overpriced. I have sampled my product in all of the vaporizers I have obtained. I am sure with different types of oils and waxes there would be a different vaporizer of choice and preference. I have found that mixing my product with PG USP and using the SVD has served me best.

Some have mentioned VG. In all of my experience trying to use VG, it was a complete failure. I could not get the VG to blend with the cannabis oil properly. Only some of the components of the cannabis oil would mix with it. As for vaporizing, VG is a base for e-cigg oils. With cannabis oil, well that is the base. I do not see where VG serves any purpose with cannabis oil especially since they don't mix well.

Maybe my results have been different than others because I make my concentrated cannabis oil first, then add the PG USP to make it useable in the pen vape. I do not simmer leaves with PG to extract THC and other compounds. I only use the best buds of my plants to make my oil with. All of the leaves go into the wood burner. Only about 20% PG USP is mixed in with the cannabis oil. In my opinion, that is now e-cannabis oil.

This picture does not show well, but there is over 1/2 pound of my best buds, SC, Querkle, Qush, 4-G, Blueberry Jam, and SpaceDawg. There is over 30 grams of cannabis oil (only 10 grams are visible). Everything in this picture is going to be mixed with PG and strictly used in the SVD and with the eGo Twist pen vape.
Buds-oil-vapes6-22-13007.jpg

With my RSO, every method I have tried vaporizing the oil straight, the oil does not vaporize evenly and seems to become degraded from the heat (you can taste it). I suppose the main reason is right on topic. These electronic vaporizers were invented and intended for e-cigarettes with PG. Putting pure cannabis oil on an electronic heating element is not what these items were initially intended for. A businessman simply modified the item so you can put concentrates (dabs) on them. In my opinion, they do not work properly. As always, there are exceptions. The only good vaporizing experience I have had with concentrates other than my PG mix is with the Eclipse vaporizer and straight RSO. The Eclipse was designed and intended for the purpose of vaporizing oils. It is not a modified product.I do not prefer it over the SVD because it is way more inconvenient than the SVD. It does provide a very good taste and is the only other vaporizer I have used that offers a taste as good or even a little better than the SVD with the modified cannabis oil. You do have control over the heat so you are able to not over heat the oil, but still too inconvenient.
EclipseOilVape11-10-11.jpg

I am not just hooked on the SVD. Most APV's are great.

As usual, no matter where I go, I am a woman misunderstood.

So now, time to take a draw from my SVD.

:D

Edit: I can't wait to get my custom blown glass cart/tank that I am having made. As a matter of fact, I am going to order me another SVD right now so I can always have each set up with different attachments. I can always have one ready with the custom glass cart ready to rock.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention. It is a bit difficult to stay on topic, even though the topic started nearly 2 years ago. The video links from the OP are no longer active. I tried to look into the device to see how it functions, but that is not available here that I have found. There is not enough information here to see how it works. I would like to see how the heating process is designed and such to make a quality assumption.

poonman

I understood you just fine .:tup:
You're a woman with vast knowledge of making oil/tinctures and using them . imo
I'm pretty sure there is a specific thread on FC for your expertise , that's all .

It sounds like a lot of ' time ' and patience is needed to make your own tincture .
Not to mention watching those beautiful buds being soaked .
I personally have no patience for that , and I just go down to my local dispensary
and buy some budda/wax . Your method tho , saves you $$$ , I'm sure .

BTW , you're my kinda gal . :rockon:

itschad

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=3.5mL-Ejuice%2dTank

i can vape vegetable glycerin in this? it works for the omicron 2.5? it's essentially just a larger volume ce4 cart? delta9 you guys need better info on your site. you have such great products once people figure out what the hell it is they need hahah

and where can i buy the herc for the persei? i'm just going to buy the damn persei now and sell the omicron whenever it sells.

itschad,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=3.5mL-Ejuice%2dTank

i can vape vegetable glycerin in this? it works for the omicron 2.5? it's essentially just a larger volume ce4 cart? delta9 you guys need better info on your site. you have such great products once people figure out what the hell it is they need hahah

and where can i buy the herc for the persei? i'm just going to buy the damn persei now and sell the omicron whenever it sells.

That is a tank system same design as a ce4, it will work with the v2.5 as long as its not tightened all the way, Air flow issues. This is being solved on the next generation.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, I have tried it both ways and I have found that with the PG USP added it is superior without a doubt, in my opinion.

If I did not believe so, I would be vaping my oil out of an eclipse vaporizer. Aluminum pipe with a glass vial and use a torch for heating.

In my opinion, at least when it comes to RSO, it cannot be properly vaporized without the addition of PG USP. PG USP is used with medical inhalants for a good reason, because it is needed. The RSO is the same, it needs it. PG USP aids in absorption of the cannabis oil into the bloodstream similar to typical inhaled medicines. Without utilizing the PG USP with RSO, I believe it causes damage to the oil and degrades it because it cannot be evenly vaporized and requires a higher temperature without it.

With the SVD vaporizer, one good hit and I have a very good buzz. I can't say that from any buds I possess or have seen in the last 10 years, or any other methods of inhaling a concentrate.

Maybe it is just a personal preference, but you should give it a try, you may like it :D . The PG USP does not interfere with the taste much, actually, it helps preserve it, because it vaporizes at a lower temperature.
Have worked with this with a community of a couple hundred patients that also use ecig devices and oils...
All combos have been used by many. I have not heard of a duplicate experience to yours, nor can I find any data based on experience or scientific learning that agrees with your findings.
I am however MOST pleased you are enjoying your vaping in a unique way. I encourage personal exploration and preference 100%

IamBenito

Formerly me2
Have worked with this with a community of a couple hundred patients that also use ecig devices and oils...
All combos have been used by many. I have not heard of a duplicate experience to yours, nor can I find any data based on experience or scientific learning that agrees with your findings.
I am however MOST pleased you are enjoying your vaping in a unique way. I encourage personal exploration and preference 100%

pure gold comes to mind.

IamBenito,

kevbotzilla

Hey thc scientific. I recently bought some cartridges for my ophos on you delta9vape site and no matter how charged I can get it, when I attach a couple of them I get the flashing blue light. I was trying to preoxidize specifically a 1.5 ohm cart when I ran into this issue. Any tricks that I can try to get these little guys to work or are they doa? If so do I return them? I live in the Bay so it's not a big deal to send in but I wanted to exhaust all other options. This gram of Tahoe OG is waiting on a home. :)

kevbotzilla,

DubCRider

Hey thc scientific. I recently bought some cartridges for my ophos on you delta9vape site and no matter how charged I can get it, when I attach a couple of them I get the flashing blue light. I was trying to preoxidize specifically a 1.5 ohm cart when I ran into this issue. Any tricks that I can try to get these little guys to work or are they doa? If so do I return them? I live in the Bay so it's not a big deal to send in but I wanted to exhaust all other options. This gram of Tahoe OG is waiting on a home. :)

You most likely fried the carts. I would suggest only pressing the button when carts are full. Think of the cart as a car motor, you want oil in it before you fire it up or things will get hot fast and fail. Hook them up to a multi meter and check if you have one around.

If every cart did it I would suggest checking the top but if others are working it can't be that or the battery.

toros23

You most likely fried the carts. I would suggest only pressing the button when carts are full. Think of the cart as a car motor, you want oil in it before you fire it up or things will get hot fast and fail. Hook them up to a multi meter and check if you have one around.

If every cart did it I would suggest checking the top but if others are working it can't be that or the battery.

Some of the docs on Delta9 site still say to fire cart empty first.. I don't understand why you guys don't change your docs, you could really help a lot of people if you did.

OF

I was trying to preoxidize specifically a 1.5 ohm cart when I ran into this issue. Any tricks that I can try to get these little guys to work or are they doa?

First off, welcome to the forum.

Bummer. The flashing generally means a short of other issue in the cart. Sometimes it can be short in the socket, try backing it out a bit to the point the flashing stops and see if it gets hot?

A couple of things to consider for next time is avoiding 1.5 Ohm carts until you've mastered 2.4s and never do dry burns (pre oxidizing is just that). 2.4s are plenty powerful for most cases (and all there was for the first year or so) and are much more forgiving of learning accidents. The 'fast track to bigger clouds' is sure to teach you all about burnt oil and leaking carts.....more than you really need to know.

Running the heaters without something to cool them (concentrate) will run them overtemp. 1.5 Ohmers all the faster. The heater leads go right through the seals, so they melt/burn them at that point if there's no concentrate to take the heat away. The process solved a minor issue (contamination) now a thing of the past due to improved manufacturing (didn't it occur to you 'if this is so important, why didn't they do it?'?). If you stick to low power and strictly to short timing you're OK. New guys like to go with the high power ones and 'pre oxidize the living shit out of it' to the demise of the cart and their goods.

If you hang around and read you'll find you're far from alone here. You'll also find that 'the old hands' seem to be of one accord. Don't dry burn and stick to 2.4 Ohm carts until you master them. You'll become a power user faster, face less problems and waste less concentrate along the way.

Good luck with it, but last I heard, carts are not returnable?

OF

kevbotzilla

First off, welcome to the forum.

Bummer. The flashing generally means a short of other issue in the cart. Sometimes it can be short in the socket, try backing it out a bit to the point the flashing stops and see if it gets hot?

A couple of things to consider for next time is avoiding 1.5 Ohm carts until you've mastered 2.4s and never do dry burns (pre oxidizing is just that). 2.4s are plenty powerful for most cases (and all there was for the first year or so) and are much more forgiving of learning accidents. The 'fast track to bigger clouds' is sure to teach you all about burnt oil and leaking carts.....more than you really need to know.

Running the heaters without something to cool them (concentrate) will run them overtemp. 1.5 Ohmers all the faster. The heater leads go right through the seals, so they melt/burn them at that point if there's no concentrate to take the heat away. The process solved a minor issue (contamination) now a thing of the past due to improved manufacturing (didn't it occur to you 'if this is so important, why didn't they do it?'?). If you stick to low power and strictly to short timing you're OK. New guys like to go with the high power ones and 'pre oxidize the living shit out of it' to the demise of the cart and their goods.

If you hang around and read you'll find you're far from alone here. You'll also find that 'the old hands' seem to be of one accord. Don't dry burn and stick to 2.4 Ohm carts until you master them. You'll become a power user faster, face less problems and waste less concentrate along the way.

Good luck with it, but last I heard, carts are not returnable?

OF

Thanks for the replies. :) I actually have a 1.5 half full of some awesome stuff that works like a charm and a 2.4 that is working great as well. I actually didnt even get to dry fire the cart in question. As soon as I took the cart out of the package and hooked it to the fully charged battery, I got the blinking blue light. I may need to email delta9vapes and see if they will shoot me a replacement or maybe ill find a local shop where I can test carts on the spot before buying if I cant trust that out the box they will work. I tried backing out the cart and the blinking begins immediately when the threads catch on this particular cartridge. I am almost certain that its just the cart but I hoped there was a way to fix it with out trying to exchange the thing since you are correct and they are non returnable. Hopefully the stellar customer service I've seen here from thc scientific is indicative of all aspects of their customer interactions. :) in fact it's why I went Omicron. No biggie I'll email them on Monday. Thanks for your thoughts.

Note: the recommendation to dry fire to get rid of the metallic taste of a new cart should perhaps be changed on vaporpedia if its not safe to do so. All info I found there has been pretty good so I assumed that nugget of info was as well.

OF

Friends and Neighbors,

I've been singled out to help out by Beta testing a 1701 cart for D9, the long awaited 'leakproof Omicron cart'. While my understanding is there are some 2.4s in the test process, I drew a 1.6 Ohm version, a hot rod for sure.

It's shorter than the old one by about 3/4 inch, such that with the included plastic 'drip tip' style MP (not the usual Silicone one) it stands as tall as the original cart sans MP. It weighs over two grams less.

I put in half a gram of CO2 oil (some nice Sour Diesel I've been enjoying in a 2.4 Ohm Omicron cart). It loads easier than the original and primed faster than most. It uses the same loading tools.

Volume of vapor produced is impressive as you might think, so far I think the taste is superior, it seems 'fresher' to me than the same stuff in the partially used Omicron cart.

One thing is sure, if this one is representative of the design, it's going to push Nibbler sales through the overhead. The two are 'made for each other' in practice if not intent. Putting my usual foot long tube on the Nibbler so I can watch carefully shows it's very easy to get it into full production....and dangerous to do so.

This one has all the earmarks of changing the rules. It'll take some time to confirm that, but I'm very optimistic right now. The long awaited ship may finally be in sight.

My plan is to run it a while to get used to it and vape up some CO2 oil then clean it out and load up some PG. As of now, boiling is approved, ISO soaks under investigation.

To sum it up in two words, I'd say "very impressive".

OF

Top Bottom