Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys the 1701 can do waxes and oils dont get me wrong it still needs to be tested and it can be used in the hands of a experienced user you know the ones that actually come up for air? and dont treat it like a dive tank in the middle of oxygen shortage.

What that means is its a bitch to prime when first loading and it will take a lot of know how on how it works to make it work with waxes and shatters. This is why we do not approve it for such concentrates.

OF

What that means is its a bitch to prime when first loading and it will take a lot of know how on how it works to make it work with waxes and shatters. This is why we do not approve it for such concentrates.

That 'lot of know how' part could be the fatal flaw here I think? Not only is that not always a given but often the owner gets 'distracted' in use (or just a bit impatient), but how many times have we heard 'one of my stoner buddies.....'. Guys that can foul up a Vapor Genie I think know no bounds.

Thus far Omicron carts do a pretty good job IMO and I've got high hopes for Hercules dominating the serious end of the product line here? There are, I think, better options. This one definitely seems tilted toward the thin end of things.

BTW, in what I hope is an unrelated event, my Persei died last night. I took the cart off to weigh, decided to swap batteries and somehow got the 'blue light comes on right away and it won't vape' failure? The dual top is working fine, as are the two Omicrons, the cart is fine. Hopefully unrelated (I've no idea how a cart could make it happen.....).

This leaves the cart and Nibbler off center, of course, so for now I've switched it to a VV head at 3/7 Volts. The s how must go on......

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

Silvercloud538

mod note: From the rules page- Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations

Silvercloud538,

WharfRat

Hi, first time posting, but I'm having problems with my O-Phos that I have had for about 10 months and got it at my local (SF) dispensary who no longer carries them. After charging for several hours I am still getting the flashing light, whether there is a cartridge in it or not. I am assuming it is dead unless anyone has some advice. Is there a way to return it, since it's under the warranty? I would probably just get something else, but I'm poor, and have a new cartridge full of wax. Thanx all!

WharfRat,

WharfRat

Sorry, I wanted to add that the red light flashes briefly when I plug it in, but goes out quickly, i am assuming that means that the battery is full, but no matter what I do, the light keeps just flashing when I press the button.

WharfRat,

MaxVapor

The Professor
OF, did I see mention that you are using the nibbler-x with the 1701 you are testing? If so that will make me and my wallet truly happy campers. Since I got the nibbler-x I cannot go back to vaping without it!

MaxVapor,
Reactions: OF

DubCRider

Hi, first time posting, but I'm having problems with my O-Phos that I have had for about 10 months and got it at my local (SF) dispensary who no longer carries them. After charging for several hours I am still getting the flashing light, whether there is a cartridge in it or not. I am assuming it is dead unless anyone has some advice. Is there a way to return it, since it's under the warranty? I would probably just get something else, but I'm poor, and have a new cartridge full of wax. Thanx all!

I'll be in SF tomorrow evening and can get you sorted out. PM me your number and I'll hit you up on my way north from SJ to organize a time/place to meet.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
We have another FC member who got 1 1701 to try out. He will chime in if he wants.

Hope this helps.

So Far DubC OF and a mysterious member have one. All 1.6 ohm if im not mistaken and all have access to pg and co2

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

OF

OF, did I see mention that you are using the nibbler-x with the 1701 you are testing? If so that will make me and my wallet truly happy campers. Since I got the nibbler-x I cannot go back to vaping without it!

Guilty as charged. I've pulled it off a few times, but put it right back on again. The two belong together IMO. I'm sure you'll be glad you have one.

My single Persei top died on me, I still have the dual top to use, but the Nibbler doesn't fit right (off center) so I've moved it to another (VV) 18650 head rather than abandon the Nibbler.

OF

poonman

Sorry, I wanted to add that the red light flashes briefly when I plug it in, but goes out quickly, i am assuming that means that the battery is full, but no matter what I do, the light keeps just flashing when I press the button.

Ya , I'm just experiencing this now .
I think it's a faulty connection in the usb .
If I play with setting it at different positions , the red light comes on .
So I don't think it's the red light that's faulty , but the cable .

I have an Omicron Light , BTW .
My battery warranty ended after 30 days , but I think the cable is for 1 year tho .

I will test it out to see if there's still a connection , even if the red light is out .
I will see if there is recharging when the red light is off or pass thru usage .

If it's the cable , np .
But if it's the battery , Idk what to do ?
Can we send it in for replacement for a fee ?

poonman,

OF

OF how is the 1707 going?

Just fine AFAIK. It did fine first thing this morning, I ran a few errands, I'm about to check and see if it still works.......

I'll hopefully meet up with DubC and swap my dead Persei head for a live one tomorrow, for now it's running at 3.7 Volts on a VV head.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Just fine AFAIK. It did fine first thing this morning, I ran a few errands, I'm about to check and see if it still works.......

I'll hopefully meet up with DubC and swap my dead Persei head for a live one tomorrow, for now it's running at 3.7 Volts on a VV head.

OF

Has the taste deteriorated? Has performance suffered? How many refills?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

odogg

Elevate.

OF
What ohm is the 1701 that is being tested?

odogg,

OF

Has the taste deteriorated? Has performance suffered? How many refills?

It's just fine.

Not really all that much different than yesterday.....a little more empty is all. The tank has run empty, but there's still about .3 grams in and it's doing fine. Just fine.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

kevbotzilla

So I got my practice in on my 2.4 and also a 1.5 cartridge with my OPHOS and i love them both as I realize it really depends more on the type of concentrate and how much you fill it once you have the use figured out. Am I correct in guessing that shatters work better in 1.5 ohm carts? Also I seem to get those delicious cloudy low-effort rips when the cart seems to be less full. Does this also vary by concentrate type? or is it typically better to go < 1 gr? I saw on vaporpedia the differences in the priming time for the various types of concentrates but it didnt quite answer my question. any help is appreciated. I want to maximize my shatter experience with the OPHOS. :)

jpdnkstr

Always load .5g, when you have used approximately. 3g, reload .3g again(some will add another.5g, bringing the total load to.7g) I never load a full gram anymore, this has solved most of my cart problems.

hanfhead

is high
Coincidence the Futurama episode that was on tonight? Omicron Persei 8 space weed? Magical Medicine? A bit odd a coincidence isnt it?

I just saw it and had to come search to see if anyone else caught that.

The active ingredient in his "good news herbal supplement" only grows on Omicron Persei 8. Professor says it is a serious herb, and Hermes calls it the Omi-Chronic.

SqkFTxj.png

l4TLk91.png

poonman

I def. don't think it's a coincidence anymore .
All those references ,
Someone on their writing staff ( maybe all ) has a Persei for personal use .

poonman,
Reactions: hanfhead
Top Bottom