Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

exit

Well that explains that... I have a $69.99 O-PHOS on the way. How perfect is this, I wanted just one more 2.4ohm cart too!

For now bed time... should have been asleep 4 hours ago. Gotta be up in another 4.

evnt

So think I just had my first cart go bad... the second one I loaded with just under a gram of hash oil was working great over the weekend, but traveled to work with it in a carrying tube (kept it upright as much as possible to avoid leaks) and when I got into work to casually check on my lunch break it was leaking the oil from the bottom of the cart... It had been stationary in a desk upright till I checked it.. did I do something wrong? The oil too runny for the cart? It seemed like this stuff was a lot more runny at room temp than the wax I used before, but it was the best stuff I was able to put in a cart yet.. I am going to attempt to retrieve the oil from it when I get home..

I saw OF post some suggestions on this earlier in this thread.. but to clarify I can just tip it upside down and heat it up till all the oil runs out? Also is this something where I can submit a ticket with delta 9 for a replacement? Seems like they wouldn't be able to do much for a bunk cart, but I feel like if I can't get all my oil it was a waste of about 40$ which sucks.. I got it from planet vape but dunno who I go through for this.. Trying to stay positive with this thing since the hits I have gotten from it have been awesome haha, these carts are giving me some trouble though for sure. Gotta find a balance.

evnt,

exit

What kind of oil? I have come across a couple kinda that are just too liquidy for the Omicron carts. I'm talking about stuff that is runny at room temp.

exit,

evnt

What kind of oil? I have come across a couple kinda that are just too liquidy for the Omicron carts. I'm talking about stuff that is runny at room temp.

This was some "space princess" hash oil which was in a small vile. It was way dark in color, but was pretty slow moving/thick at room temp, but could still move around if I left the cart on its side over night.. I kept it vertical but think it might just have been too runny in the long run. Sounds like people have been using a lot more runny stuff then this though.. I think half the work of having one of these isnt filling technique, but understanding what you can put in it exactly.. first one I did was quite thick and made it difficult to pull.. second seems to be too liquidy I guess when I thought it would have been a happy medium haha. The potency of the oil was way nicer though.

evnt,

evnt

just curious, how do you fill your cartridges/

I did the method from the delta 9 website on filling the o-Phos which is basically the same thing. I placed the glass vile upside down in fill tool and used low heat while twisting cart and let it drip down. I had no leaking issues for first 4 days or so but now its leaking from bottom so I assume the cart is shot. If I can recover the oil when I'm home in just a bit ill be ok, but nervous about putting same oil in another cart. I am too much of a novice with this stuff to know if its the cart, the oil, or mishandling on my part. Would love to know so I can learn. Can't keep wasting carts/concentrates like I have been so far haha.

evnt,

evnt

Also maybe with the oils putting almost a full gram in is too much for first load of cart? Was that the issue? Once it started dropping from the vial it was tricky for me to stop it so wondering if I just over filled or something. Just seems odd it was fine for a few days and is only now leaking...

evnt,
Reactions: OF

OF

I think half the work of having one of these isnt filling technique, but understanding what you can put in it exactly.. first one I did was quite thick and made it difficult to pull.. second seems to be too liquidy I guess when I thought it would have been a happy medium haha. The potency of the oil was way nicer though.

While having good concentrate is important, I've had some awfully thin oils stay put just fine. As a guess this was in your pocket (and warmed up)? What resistance carts?

I don't agree with you on the importance of filling technique. My experience is that's the most important single part. You can get an Omicron to feed some extremely hard shatter on one end and (at last for a while) hold thin stuff like PG squarely in check. After loading, I think the next most important part is controlling the heat. Thick or thin oils should not effect the draw at all, the oil is all fluid when delivered to the heater, at least in theory. However, it's easy to collect too much on the heater side of the seals so that over time it leaks out the bottom. Done right, there's nothing to restrict the draw when you're using it and then later when you shut down to drift down and make a mess.

I'd suggest cleaning it up completely. Wipe off what you can with ISO and a rag or paper towel. Clean the socket in the Omicron well too, you don't want stuff gluing itself in later on.

Then take a fine wire, needle or straightened paper clip and carefully push it down the flue. Don't poke it into the heater (about 1.5 inches down). Pull it back out, wipe it clean and do it again until it comes up clean. Likewise, carefully do the bottom vent tube. The heater is much closer and the tube is a little smaller. Get as much as you can out. Run it a bit and clean it again. If you can clean out the furnace body and the seals hold this will sort it out, be careful with the heat, especially the cooling down after use.

Again, how warm was it, how did you load it and how many Ohms is it? TIA

just curious, how do you fill your cartridges/

I agree, fill is worth confirming as not the problem.

Also maybe with the oils putting almost a full gram in is too much for first load of cart? Was that the issue? Once it started dropping from the vial it was tricky for me to stop it so wondering if I just over filled or something. Just seems odd it was fine for a few days and is only now leaking...

This too is a likely cause. Half a gram, never more, in a new cart. I generally put the open vial on the scale, zero it out, and scoop out half a gram into the loading funnel. Be ready to heat it immediately (for really thin stuff I sometimes cheat a bit and heat some before even loading the funnel) and move right away. With practice you can preheat the center section in less than half a minute.

Unfortunately if too much of a load has caused a leak, it's very rare for it to 'fix itself'. The best you can hope for is to control it.

Say, you're not using the white doughnut cap are you?

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

evnt

While having good concentrate is important, I've had some awfully thin oils stay put just fine. As a guess this was in your pocket (and warmed up)? What resistance carts?

I don't agree with you on the importance of filling technique. My experience is that's the most important single part. You can get an Omicron to feed some extremely hard shatter on one end and (at last for a while) hold thin stuff like PG squarely in check. After loading, I think the next most important part is controlling the heat. Thick or thin oils should not effect the draw at all, the oil is all fluid when delivered to the heater, at least in theory. However, it's easy to collect too much on the heater side of the seals so that over time it leaks out the bottom. Done right, there's nothing to restrict the draw when you're using it and then later when you shut down to drift down and make a mess.

I'd suggest cleaning it up completely. Wipe off what you can with ISO and a rag or paper towel. Clean the socket in the Omicron well too, you don't want stuff gluing itself in later on.

Then take a fine wire, needle or straightened paper clip and carefully push it down the flue. Don't poke it into the heater (about 1.5 inches down). Pull it back out, wipe it clean and do it again until it comes up clean. Likewise, carefully do the bottom vent tube. The heater is much closer and the tube is a little smaller. Get as much as you can out. Run it a bit and clean it again. If you can clean out the furnace body and the seals hold this will sort it out, be careful with the heat, especially the cooling down after use.

Again, how warm was it, how did you load it and how many Ohms is it? TIA

I agree, fill is worth confirming as not the problem.

OF
Once again OF thanks for the knowledge. This was a 2.4 Cart as I took your vast advice on this subject from reading this thread. I am not seeking massive clouds, just easy to use on demand medicating haha. For fill method, I am waiting for my torch lighter to come in the mail but I used a regular lighter and tried to follow all the videos/steps I've read here. Slowly heated center while rotating slowly from bottom of cart. I then slowly heated the vial inside the fill tool and kept moving the heat up and down cart. I never let it get too hot to touch and when it got warmer I let it sit for a few minutes than reapplied heat.

And yes it was in my pocket for a bit and was somewhat warm, but I was not in a very hot environment with it, as I was with it in an office most of the day.

Going to try these steps when I get home, and will let you know what I find. So is the hole in the top travel all the way down to the heating element ? Or all the way down and out the hole that's on the bottom? That's where it seems to be leaking from just want to make sure I don't ruin anything. Will let you know what I can find out. Would love to master this to pass the knowledge along to others haha.

evnt,

evnt

so just cleaned it all up with iso, and stuck a paper clip down both holes and waited till those were clean as well. Put it back on omi after waiting a few minutes, and after pushing button for a second or two and taking a small drag, I heard a sizzling slightly, no air flow, and when I took the cart out it had leaked even more from the little side holes on the bottom as well as the bottom hole again. Cleaned all the material off of the connector on the vape itself, but I am feeling this cart is shot? I already have learned more on loading from these past few posts of OF's so I am tempted to empty this one and attempt to fill part of it in a new cart.

I am also not using those white donut caps as most people (even delta 9) says to not use them.. I just have one of those black plastic mouth pieces they sell on it when I carry it in the tube.

Any further advice? If this cart keeps leaking, would like to obviously try and salvage what oil is left.

evnt,

jpdnkstr

so just cleaned it all up with iso, and stuck a paper clip down both holes and waited till those were clean as well. Put it back on omi after waiting a few minutes, and after pushing button for a second or two and taking a small drag, I heard a sizzling slightly, no air flow, and when I took the cart out it had leaked even more from the little side holes on the bottom as well as the bottom hole again. Cleaned all the material off of the connector on the vape itself, but I am feeling this cart is shot? I already have learned more on loading from these past few posts of OF's so I am tempted to empty this one and attempt to fill part of it in a new cart.

I am also not using those white donut caps as most people (even delta 9) says to not use them.. I just have one of those black plastic mouth pieces they sell on it when I carry it in the tube.

Any further advice? If this cart keeps leaking, would like to obviously try and salvage what oil is left.
I'd call it quits with that cart, try to reclaim if necessary, start fresh with .5g in a new cart.

jpdnkstr,

evnt

I'd call it quits with that cart, try to reclaim if necessary, start fresh with .5g in a new cart.

Thats what I figured.. I bought the 5 pack since I knew it would take me a bit to master the technique. Will heating the cart and letting the oil drip out be sufficient for reclaiming?

evnt,

OF

For fill method, I am waiting for my torch lighter to come in the mail but I used a regular lighter and tried to follow all the videos/steps I've read here. Slowly heated center while rotating slowly from bottom of cart. I then slowly heated the vial inside the fill tool and kept moving the heat up and down cart. I never let it get too hot to touch and when it got warmer I let it sit for a few minutes than reapplied heat.

And yes it was in my pocket for a bit and was somewhat warm, but I was not in a very hot environment with it, as I was with it in an office most of the day.

So is the hole in the top travel all the way down to the heating element ? Or all the way down and out the hole that's on the bottom? That's where it seems to be leaking from just want to make sure I don't ruin anything.

I think you may have hit it. I'm thinking the heat got to the seals. Too warm for too long and they can leak big time.

There's an upper flue you see looking in that leads to a small peanut size ceramic furnace body you can barely see looking down the top, 1 1/2 inches or so down. In there is the heater, sideways, usually blocking light from below (but I've see a couple off center enough so you could shine a flashlight up the bottom and see light. This heater is where the action is. It's wire wound around the (hopefully wet) wick. Just below that is the vent that lets a small amount of fresh air in so you can 'sweep' the vapor out, the flue is bigger because hopefully the output is higher in volume (vapor). When oil leaks into the furnace it puddles up enough to flow down the tube. Here's what the inside of it looks like, this one is well used, the heater is covered in a 'scab' of junk from 3 grams or so of lovely Sour Diesel:

You can see the heater on the outside of the furnace (where the reservoir is) to heat it up so it'll flow up the wicks you see in the background. The seals make up the bottom of the furnace, seal the wicks in the square slots, and seal around the vent tube in the center.

All in all, I'd carefully melt the remainder out and try again. Loosing oil is expensive, carts are cheap?

OF

OF,
Reactions: evnt

evnt

I have read that using a hair dryer is easier for loading the carts so not to over heat like I must have last time.. Would you recommend this method instead of a torch lighter? Seems like it could work, but I don't have a heat gun so directing it perfectly on the cart might be an issue.

evnt,

poonman

I use a regular bic lighter ,
I hold the Omi-Light with cart at aprox. 45 * degree angle . Slowly twirling it .
I heat up the middle part of the cart to top first , heating up the alley way , so to speak .
Then I can ' concentrate ' on the funnel part .

A hair dryer was too bulky to handle and noisy . ime

poonman,
Reactions: evnt

exit

I use a butane torch. It has a big flame but I barely graze the cartridge or loading tool with the edge of the outer flame and my cartridges load in seconds. I let them cool off, do it once again around the cart to make sure everything's melted down, and then put on mouthpiece and get to work once it cools down again. Always works for me, and have reloaded several cartridges this way too!

exit,

cena wong

There is not the best vaporizer,,that depends on our needs,,We want it large,,we want to make it with changeable battery,we want to have an LCD and so on,,

All the recent talk of cartomizers inspired me to go grab some e-liquid and a CE4 Cartomizer...can't wait try it out. woo!

Ce4 do not work well with wax or oils,,but with liquid,,,

If we make some changes,,it will

cena wong,

eln00b

He is using e-liquid and a CE4 Cartomizer.

Yep, using e-liquid and the CE4 with the thread adapter from delta9vapes. Works great. Load up was super simple.

The liquid tastes pretty good and it does the trick. Not quite as tasty or potent as the shatter and waxes in the extract cartridges but thats not a surprise. That stuff has crushed my tolerance...... :)

So far its been fun to have with me during the day. No one questions it. Hits nicely, etc etc... Then I switch back to the extract cartridges at night.

eln00b,
Reactions: pukkkapc

GeniusSlayer

Project X we are working on is a laser powered vaporizer. Unfortunately it's not feasible yet. Battery life, danger to user, cost is prohibitive.
I have a concept that addresses those possible dangers while maximizing the photonic output of the laser diode at the same time. the heating element material is expensive beyond prohibitive cost... This material is essential to overcoming the possible drawbacks to such a device, and has therefore brought all of my forward progress to a complete halt.

GeniusSlayer,
I have a concept that addresses those possible dangers while maximizing the photonic output of the laser diode at the same time. the heating element material is expensive beyond prohibitive cost... This material is essential to overcoming the possible drawbacks to such a device, and has therefore brought all of my forward progress to a complete halt.

I believe with a little effort you can find that Chris Knight solved this problem back in 1985: Use excited bromide (sic) in a frozen argon matrix. If nothing else it can make popcorn.

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: MaxVapor

OF

I have a concept that addresses those possible dangers while maximizing the photonic output of the laser diode at the same time.

A while back I was involved with a long term effort to use a laser to heat a specimen in a vacuum chamber through a quartz window. There we too needed several Watts of continuous power (called CW in the trade as I recall?). This meant water cooling and lots of power input. 100 mW is an exceptionally powerful laser pointer and we need say 100 times that to 'anti up'? Perhaps not an effective scheme where other options are available?

It would be fun, for sure. Bragging rights alone should keep you from having to buy your own drinks in any civilized part of the world.

OF

OF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Got my O-PHOS today
I LOVE IT!
I love my O-Phos also.
I miss my Original Omicron V1. I feel like it worked the best!
I have an Omicron V2, but It just never performed for me the way the V1 did.
I took to using my O-Phos all of the time.
I just received the Conversion Kit (14500) and am using it now.
I still miss my V1!
The conversion kit made the Omicron smaller and more comfortable to hold for sure.
I am feeling like I will put the cart back on the O-Phos. Even with the battery cutoff, I get fast, great hits and marvelous battery life.

Top Bottom