Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response, I am going to pull the trigger today.

Good call, IMO. Hopefully soon you'll be joining the ranks of happy owners.

Hey, they're local to you....how far off? If you have the time it might be kind of a treat to pick it up in person? Make sure they pick you a pretty one?

BTW, you might also get a few spare 2.4 Ohm carts, once you get the hang of it, the urge to have a few loaded with different strains is sure to catch up with you.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Smoke1ForMe

Good call, IMO. Hopefully soon you'll be joining the ranks of happy owners.

Hey, they're local to you....how far off? If you have the time it might be kind of a treat to pick it up in person? Make sure they pick you a pretty one?

BTW, you might also get a few spare 2.4 Ohm carts, once you get the hang of it, the urge to have a few loaded with different strains is sure to catch up with you.

Best wishes.

OF

Really where are they located? I'm about 30 minutes outside of LA with no traffic (so really an hour because there is always traffic)

Smoke1ForMe,

OF

Really where are they located? I'm about 30 minutes outside of LA with no traffic (so really an hour because there is always traffic)

From the web page:
16742 Stagg Street Suite 103
Van Nuys, CA 91406

I'd suggest a call to be sure they are open and give them a chance to freshen up some for your inspection?
Phone 818-849-6133

If you go for it, please let us know what it's like? And please say 'hello' to my money while you're there.

Good luck.

OF

DubCRider

I would say "don't drink G's Kool-Aid" but I have it, no need to worry there! Pay them a visit, you will end up leaving ahead of the learning curve.

OF

I would say "don't drink G's Kool-Aid" but I have it, no need to worry there! Pay them a visit, you will end up leaving ahead of the learning curve.

What the man said. That's some serious Jungle Juice right there let me tell you. Don't even think about trying a few sips if you've anything important planned.....

But, if you can swing it, IMO it's an education well worth the effort.

Good luck.

OF

Smoke1ForMe

From the web page:
16742 Stagg Street Suite 103
Van Nuys, CA 91406

I'd suggest a call to be sure they are open and give them a chance to freshen up some for your inspection?
Phone 818-849-6133

If you go for it, please let us know what it's like? And please say 'hello' to my money while you're there.

Good luck.

OF

I ended up ordering the omicron light and a 5 pack of 2.4 carts.....I wanted to go over and pick it up, but they are only open until 5pm M-F and there is no way I could sneak out of work early this week to go grab one, I figure it will probably ship quick.

Can't wait to get it though, have a g of PR OG wax waiting! Anything else I should know once it arrives? I have gone through this thread and see it's best to weigh the cart prior to loading the wax and then load .5. once it gets down to .2 load the rest of the gram? Hoping my first load will be successful going to head over to youtube and watch some videos while I refresh USPS tracking.

Smoke1ForMe,
Reactions: OF

poonman

I ended up ordering the omicron light and a 5 pack of 2.4 carts.....I wanted to go over and pick it up, but they are only open until 5pm M-F and there is no way I could sneak out of work early this week to go grab one, I figure it will probably ship quick.

Can't wait to get it though, have a g of PR OG wax waiting! Anything else I should know once it arrives? I have gone through this thread and see it's best to weigh the cart prior to loading the wax and then load .5. once it gets down to .2 load the rest of the gram? Hoping my first load will be successful going to head over to youtube and watch some videos while I refresh USPS tracking.

DO NOT pre-oxidize your empty carts .
DO NOT check to see the glowing red light inside the empty cart .

See about getting some 1.5 ohm carts mixed in the 5 pack of 2.4 ohm carts...if you can .
The 1.5 ohm carts hits more powerful , and bigger clouds . imo

I've had the Omi-Light for 5 weeks now , and still hits like a champ .

poonman,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Dub still has my cool aid. haha. Im back guys sorry to be out for a while, but here is an update on whats going on with me.

I finally moved from a tiny one bed apt to a house that is designed for a family of four. I have seen worse days on my health but am doing better and stress levels are now normal.

I am not back on my feet and back to work 100%.

1701's are done and testing to start shortly, instead of waste time we did two designs and one will make it into production. I cant say they are leak proof, but they are 10 times better then the current design.

Also Please forgive me as im trying my hardest to complete the core.

OF

Hoping my first load will be successful going to head over to youtube and watch some videos while I refresh USPS tracking.

What's up with that? Too many family emergencies?

Sounds like a great call, I'm sure you'll take to it with minimum fuss and also that you'll find it a modest, but very solid tool. I've got lots of fancy stuff, but I got an Omicron Light and use if for the pure fun of enjoying it for what it is.

Brother Solo is Johnny on the spot again with some hard won advice, I'd trust the man......he's not just another pretty face.

Aside from using good goods I'd say the number two secret is 'load it right'. I've never seen a Youtube video I thought was spot on, I hope some can recommend one.....or make one? My advice is read the instructions on the D9 site carefully:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/pdf/Omicron_Fill_Instructions_v3.pdf

Two 'secrets' here: Keep a death grip on the base with one hand, keep in moving and never let the bit under your fingers get too hot (the seals are just under there). Second is carefully preheat the center section well before moving up to actually heat the goods. You want the tube hot so the just melted oil slides past rather than sticking and leaving an air bubble trapped. Done right you can actually feel the hot oil drop down through your fingertips. Prime carefully (don't overheat a dry wick) until production gets rolling.

The only other advice is to take it easy until you learn each other, those rascals can lay the new guys low.

I finally moved from a tiny one bed apt to a house that is designed for a family of four. I have seen worse days on my health but am doing better and stress levels are now normal.

Also Please forgive me as im trying my hardest to complete the core.

Bravo G! Congrats to the tribe, 'bout time you got onto this American Dream thing.

About this apology for giving us all you can? Your still not ready, go back and rest.......

Too much sun, I think?

Thanks for the heads up, time to start building up a little cart buy kitty. I love the 2.4 Ohm Omicrons, and will want them going forward and all.....but better is good too.

IMO it's going to be worth the wait until you can get it right.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey there, I just came across the nibbler X and am very intrigued. Didnt know where else to post so I figured this would be the best spot. Does anyone know if it would be compatable with an Alpha Ultra or UltraMax or would I need to buy an omicron battery for it to attach properly?

Mynameismud,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
if you love the 2.4 ohms your gonna love the 1701's if they pass the end user test. It is the worlds first cartridge that uses no silica wicks or any glass rods. Taste has improved so much on the gold that i just cant get enough of it. It does clog but very easily cleared with a quick 2 second warm up, or preventive use can clear this issue.

It is designed to work with the likes of gold, and any substance that is semi stable and easily melted with a little heat.

On a Side note, The New LAyG cartridge for the Omicron is coming along nicely.

The Nibbler X is compatible with all 9.2mm OD cartridges.

OF

It is the worlds first cartridge that uses no silica wicks or any glass rods.

It is designed to work with the likes of gold, and any substance that is semi stable and easily melted with a little heat.

Well not the first, maybe third or fourth? Depending on if you count TV Revolution as different from DART. Cera's EO cart also fits that definition? Not, I think, that matters to a non marketing type?

Good news on working with PG. If I had to point to a shortcoming of the Omicron, that would be it. The CE4 is OK, IMO, but not as useful as a solid D9 cart would be. Looking forward to filling one up for a few trips around the block.

Exciting news on the LAyG cart. That's one I think will grow on guys. And will hopefully give a quality alternative to some of the 'oil pen' junk being foisted off on the unwary.

Not sure I agree with the 'all 9.2 carts' part. For instance it won't work with Omicron carts on 510 supplies with adapters (as the prior poster asks) since the inlet vents get blocked by the Nibbler base. To get mine to work OK I had to stack 4 nylon washers (3/8 size) to push the Nibbler up the cart, otherwise it slides down over the adapter completely blocking airflow.

OF

pukkkapc

All the recent talk of cartomizers inspired me to go grab some e-liquid and a CE4 Cartomizer...can't wait try it out. woo!

I just filled my first cartomizer today and I absolutely love it! I picked up some CO2 oil that organa lab makes for the first time (BTW, I made the mistake of loading them in a way 1.5 cartridge and both of them leaked terribly) and thanks to OF, again, loading it was super easy and I actually like them much better than the cartridges. It's nice to know how much oil is left and it's been hitting really really nice in my v2.

I do have one question though, how long should I hold the button for and do I have to worry about melting any seals and having any of the oil leak out?

pukkkapc,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Well not the first, maybe third or fourth? Depending on if you count TV Revolution as different from DART. Cera's EO cart also fits that definition? Not, I think, that matters to a non marketing type?

Good news on working with PG. If I had to point to a shortcoming of the Omicron, that would be it. The CE4 is OK, IMO, but not as useful as a solid D9 cart would be. Looking forward to filling one up for a few trips around the block.

Exciting news on the LAyG cart. That's one I think will grow on guys. And will hopefully give a quality alternative to some of the 'oil pen' junk being foisted off on the unwary.

Not sure I agree with the 'all 9.2 carts' part. For instance it won't work with Omicron carts on 510 supplies with adapters (as the prior poster asks) since the inlet vents get blocked by the Nibbler base. To get mine to work OK I had to stack 4 nylon washers (3/8 size) to push the Nibbler up the cart, otherwise it slides down over the adapter completely blocking airflow.

OF

I dont think they TV calls theirs a cartridge, if it does then your right. The Hercules v2 is at the same level as the ones your speak about.

Also i should make it clear it will work with all 9.2mm od cartridges or cartomizers, as long as it does not have any modifications done to it ( adapters ) if it does your only fix is sliding it above the air inlet grooves and it will work.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I dont think they TV calls theirs a cartridge, if it does then your right. The Hercules v2 is at the same level as the ones your speak about.

Also i should make it clear it will work with all 9.2mm od cartridges or cartomizers, as long as it does not have any modifications done to it ( adapters ) if it does your only fix is sliding it above the air inlet grooves and it will work.

Cool. For sure the call the Cera EO cartridge a cartridge. Since they're now out of production I don't think they talk much about Revolution/DART, but if you push they're 'carts' as well in the past? Like I said, small point at best. Good to hear about Hercules V2, I think that's what we've all been waiting for (I won't say 'patiently' cuz that's not always the case.....). If it's on par with Cera it's going to blow some minds for sure. Bring it!

Re the qualification, actually not even that will cover it, DART and Revolution are both carts that size that don't fit those conditions. Since they don't 'breathe through the connector, they too don't work for the same reason (even without an adapter......). Sliding it up works fine, but your spare hand gets tired. FWIW, I think it's fine to have to space it up if you're running a rig for which this is a problem. Easy fix and reasonable issue. Washers are cheap and simple. Two things I'm big on, BTW.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

eln00b

I just filled my first cartomizer today and I absolutely love it! I picked up some CO2 oil that organa lab makes for the first time (BTW, I made the mistake of loading them in a way 1.5 cartridge and both of them leaked terribly) and thanks to OF, again, loading it was super easy and I actually like them much better than the cartridges. It's nice to know how much oil is left and it's been hitting really really nice in my v2.

Nice. I'm hoping to be able to load my cartomizer tonight or tmrw. but for now...off to find out where OF gave you the loading tips. :)

eln00b,

OF

Nice. I'm hoping to be able to load my cartomizer tonight or tmrw. but for now...off to find out where OF gave you the loading tips. :)

Cool. My rants on loading can't be hard to find, Lord knows there's enough of them....

The D9 instructions are good (go figure....). IMO the two big points are keeping the bottom part (under your fingers) cool (the seals are there) and getting the center part hot before melting the goods down (so they don't freeze part way.

I keep it rotating, use a small torch lighter and heat the center part until I feel heat moving down toward my finger (SS conducts heat poorly and it's thin so it takes a few seconds). Once it's starting to warm under my fingers I move up to the funnel and start heating it and the tube just below (up and down rapidly while twising) aiming to empty the funnel in the next 10 seconds or so so the lower part can't cool enough to matter. I think thinking about what you're trying to do before you do it really helps visualize it.

Done 'right' I usually feel the hot oil slide down and heat the tube under my fingers.

It's actually easier to do that explain......

Start with:

OF

eln00b

Thanks OF. Looks like this is for the reg carts..I was referring to loading up the cartomizers with PG. However, always appreciate tips on loading into the regular carts!

Cool. My rants on loading can't be hard to find, Lord knows there's enough of them....

The D9 instructions are good (go figure....). IMO the two big points are keeping the bottom part (under your fingers) cool (the seals are there) and getting the center part hot before melting the goods down (so they don't freeze part way.

I keep it rotating, use a small torch lighter and heat the center part until I feel heat moving down toward my finger (SS conducts heat poorly and it's thin so it takes a few seconds). Once it's starting to warm under my fingers I move up to the funnel and start heating it and the tube just below (up and down rapidly while twising) aiming to empty the funnel in the next 10 seconds or so so the lower part can't cool enough to matter. I think thinking about what you're trying to do before you do it really helps visualize it.

Done 'right' I usually feel the hot oil slide down and heat the tube under my fingers.

It's actually easier to do that explain......

Start with:

OF

eln00b,

OF

Thanks OF. Looks like this is for the reg carts..I was referring to loading up the cartomizers with PG. However, always appreciate tips on loading into the regular carts!

Sorry, my mistake. That's in there too. I assume you mean the CE4? "the regular carts" is actually a contraction for cartomizer, isn't it? That's enough to confuse me.

You load from the top after unscrewing the mouth piece. Plug or carefully avoid the hole in the center (it goes straight down to the threads....). I plugged the hole with a tooth pick to load the version in vials, but you can cut the tip off the skinny part of the capsule of PG and poke it past the aluminum piece with the hole then squeeze it gently. After it's half or more empty, I poke a vent hole in the top of the capsule and put it someplace warm to finish draining down. Rotating the cart helped get the wicks wet with half a gram. I've never run more than two halves at once ($80 is a lot of PG.....).

Good luck.

OF

eln00b

much appreciated, OF.

Sorry, my mistake. That's in there too. I assume you mean the CE4? "the regular carts" is actually a contraction for cartomizer, isn't it? That's enough to confuse me.

You load from the top after unscrewing the mouth piece. Plug or carefully avoid the hole in the center (it goes straight down to the threads....). I plugged the hole with a tooth pick to load the version in vials, but you can cut the tip off the skinny part of the capsule of PG and poke it past the aluminum piece with the hole then squeeze it gently. After it's half or more empty, I poke a vent hole in the top of the capsule and put it someplace warm to finish draining down. Rotating the cart helped get the wicks wet with half a gram. I've never run more than two halves at once ($80 is a lot of PG.....).

Good luck.

OF

eln00b,

odogg

Elevate.
if you love the 2.4 ohms your gonna love the 1701's if they pass the end user test. It is the worlds first cartridge that uses no silica wicks or any glass rods. Taste has improved so much on the gold that i just cant get enough of it. It does clog but very easily cleared with a quick 2 second warm up, or preventive use can clear this issue.

Sweet to hear the 1701's will finally make it...will be waiting patiently. I just love the way D9 actually has cartridges that you can load and use a couple days vs. having to constantly load. Can't wait for these 1701's. You the man G

When will we see them hit the market? Or will a few make it to some lucky testers :)

odogg,

pukkkapc

One thing I can add to do, is make sure you rotate the cartomizer up and down and side to side to ensure that the wicks get really saturated with the oil. I did read somewhere that you can burn the wicks if you fire up the cartomizer and they are dry.

pukkkapc,

Smoke1ForMe

Ok guys, just got my omicron light. Loaded up .5 of some wax following the fill instructions, but when I push the button the blue light comes on but the unit or cart don't get hot at all. Any ideas?

Smoke1ForMe,

OF

Ok guys, just got my omicron light. Loaded up .5 of some wax following the fill instructions, but when I push the button the blue light comes on but the unit or cart don't get hot at all. Any ideas?

No heat at all? There are two heaters in there, the chances of both being bad are about zero. Both should heat enough to be felt on the outside about a third of the way up after say two cycles (20 seconds or so)?

I'm thinking a contact problem....it's screwed down tight and clean inside?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom