Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Upgraded to the 2.5v finally, and seen the led flash purple once. Anybody know what that indicates? Perhaps a low charge? That's what I'm thinking. I made the mistake thinkin the cart needed more oil, but it was just a low battery was the cause, but now ended up with another leaky cart, prolly cause to much oil now. ( I know .5 at a time is optimal ) you think people would learn after using a product for years :( .

Same thing from 5 and 1/2 months ago - purple light:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-378#post-299863

Works fine though :)

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF
Can anyone tell me if the old O-PHOS is better then its new version(Omicron Light). Also i recently purchaced a EGO-V i beilive its called and removed the white cap and am now using it as a dabber ive read through the form and some people apperently "Spike" their EGO-V does it make it better should i do this is there better uses for it then a solo dabber? Also with the 1.5omh cartridges is it better to heat up a paper clip and put it in the little hole to take out the oil that is stuck there or put the paper clip is 91%ISO alch? Thanks

DatOilVape,

Silvercloud538

Can anyone tell me if the old O-PHOS is better then its new version(Omicron Light). Also i recently purchaced a EGO-V i beilive its called and removed the white cap and am now using it as a dabber ive read through the form and some people apperently "Spike" their EGO-V does it make it better should i do this is there better uses for it then a solo dabber? Also with the 1.5omh cartridges is it better to heat up a paper clip and put it in the little hole to take out the oil that is stuck there or put the paper clip is 91%ISO alch? Thanks

DOV ,personally biased towards O-Phos b/c of its "street stealth shield" which reinforces

the '"pen image"' ,creating a more paranoia free ambiance ~

Not selling O-Light short ,it has electronic upgrades ,but basically functions identacally

w/o shield (persei ,v2.5 style)

Either way ,you can't lose cuz D9 owns the 'rights' on the 'king of cartridges' ~ ~

Silvercloud538,
DOV ,personally biased towards O-Phos b/c of its "street stealth shield" which reinforces

the '"pen image"' ,creating a more paranoia free ambiance ~

Not selling O-Light short ,it has electronic upgrades ,but basically functions identacally

w/o shield (persei ,v2.5 style)

Either way ,you can't lose cuz D9 owns the 'rights' on the 'king of cartridges' ~ ~
Alright thanks so which way is the best to clean the clog in the center part of the cartridge? Also is there a EGO-V thats metal inside instead of plastic?(its a single load dabber cartridge)

DatOilVape,

OF

The best way to clean the D9 carts is to dip the paper clip in ISO.

I actually prefer either a sewing needle or a piece of copper wire of similar size. Otherwise, I find it too hard to not bind up in the tube (it's easy to pull it free and wreck the show).

I also find pulling it out, wiping it off and putting it back until it comes out clean is a big help. Likewise, coming back and cleaning the flue again after a few hits will get some of the stuff you left behind.

Again, to echo DubC's warning, don't poke to deep or hard, the heater is crosswise at the bottom of that tube.

For chronically leaking carts, a similar ream out from below (smaller tube, and much shorter) helps.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vakas
You have an Ego-W most likely.

The best way to clean the D9 carts is to dip the paper clip in ISO. You want to be side you don't poke at the bottom heater though. Look at www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/omicron for troubleshooting info.
You are correct its the Ego-W is there a better cartridge like this one(single load dab) its made with plastic tube holding the coil and my wax sometime wont stick to it cause the plastic offers no reinforcement for the wax to stay on.

DatOilVape,

TommydCat

I usually just heat up a paper clip (bent at the right length to fall just shy of the heater) - sends some juice back to the coil and thins the rest out along the wall of the tube - first hit is nice! And just reheat the paper clip a bit to drop any excess down the side back where it belongs..

(Realizing I'm on the Omicron thread.. but..) I also do this to prep the double-head for friends to try -- after heating the middle a touch to ensure there's no air bubbles. I have never failed to impress - and easiest way to get two cartridges in same state (similar or same wax). But you might want to drop the voltage a bit (6.0v for 5.0 ohms, a single CR123A for 1.5 ohms), since it seems my friends sometimes fail to let up on the button even with me smacking them on the hand...

Vakas

I have a question, on a recent purchase here at FC , I acquired the adapters delta9 sells. Now what can I put them to use with? Are there any other cartridges that will allow me to kind of dab in a way? Something like the micro g pen? I don't always have access to the goodies and have to be conservative.

Vakas,

pukkkapc

I just got my first two cartomizers for my v2 and I have been searching for information on how to fill them but I can't him to find it. Do I use the fill tool?

pukkkapc,

OF

I just got my first two cartomizers for my v2 and I have been searching for information on how to fill them but I can't him to find it. Do I use the fill tool?
Yes, put the fill tool in so the D-shaped slots line up with the ones on the cart. Load up .6 and melt it down. There are detailed instructions for filling on www.delta9vapes.com

Congrats. DubC is right (of course.....), there are instructions on the D9 site. They are, of course, well hidden. Look under the "instructions" tab near the top:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/pdf/Omicron_Fill_Instructions_v3.pdf

The important part is the preheating of the cart at the center before you melt your concentrate down.

I hope those two carts are 2.4 Ohms? If not, I advise on not filling them, order some 2.4s and work with them for a while, they're much more forgiving of new owners. You can wreck a higher power cart and/or burn the oil in it in a single sloppy moment.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

pukkkapc

Congrats. DubC is right (of course.....), there are instructions on the D9 site. They are, of course, well hidden. Look under the "instructions" tab near the top:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/pdf/Omicron_Fill_Instructions_v3.pdf

The important part is the preheating of the cart at the center before you melt your concentrate down.

I hope those two carts are 2.4 Ohms? If not, I advise on not filling them, order some 2.4s and work with them for a while, they're much more forgiving of new owners. You can wreck a higher power cart and/or burn the oil in it in a single sloppy moment.

Best wishes.

OF

Actually I purchased the 2.5 ohm Ce4 Cartomizer which I am planning to use for pure gold(which I hope is the right ohm for the v2. I looked on D9's website and saw the instructions, however they didn't mention using the fill tool. If I do use the fill tool, should I preheat that?

Also, do the Cartomizers also work for CO2 oil? I saw on BPG's website they now have CO2 oils from organa labs as well as canna nectar and I'm wondering if it's better I use the cartridges or Cartomizers?

pukkkapc,

OF

Actually I purchased the 2.5 ohm Ce4 Cartomizer which I am planning to use for pure gold(which I hope is the right ohm for the v2. I looked on D9's website and saw the instructions, however they didn't mention using the fill tool. If I do use the fill tool, should I preheat that?

Also, do the Cartomizers also work for CO2 oil? I saw on BPG's website they now have CO2 oils from organa labs as well as canna nectar and I'm wondering if it's better I use the cartridges or Cartomizers?

Check your fire! All bets are off. When you said "cartomizers" both DubC and I assumed Omicron carts.....

No fill tool needed, nor I think will it fit.

New drill. Assemble the CE4, put it on the unit or brace it carefully so it'll stay upright. Unscrew the mouthpiece, look down the bore, you'll see an aluminum post with small hole in the center. Under no conditions get the PG near that hole, it leads straight out the bottom.

Snip the tip off the ampule (I assume it's in ampules, not small vials?) as close to the end as you can (you want a log stem). I use a razor blade. Now stuff the end of the tube part down into the cart past the aluminum bit. I gently squeeze the ampule a bit which empties about half easily. I then poke a hole in the ampule top for a vent and let it drain over a few hours. Or overnight. I think it's best with two half grams loaded, but it'll work with one.

No heat needed.....or wanted on the plastic body.

I put the first half gram I had (from a vial) using the 'plug the hole carefully with a round toothpick trick I use with Omicron carts, but that's not necessary with the ampules if you get the nose down far enough.

I don't believe CO2 oil is thin enough to wick uphill, although I've never tried. Omicron carts work too well there to interest me much I guess? I'd use them for PG too, except all I ever get is leaks eventually.

Good luck. I think you'll like them with PG, although I find running mine at 3.0 Volts on a VV head is better than on V2 or other unregulated, higher voltage units. V1 might be better there? IIRC it's regulated at 3.3 or so?

OF

pukkkapc

Check your fire! All bets are off. When you said "cartomizers" both DubC and I assumed Omicron carts.....

No fill tool needed, nor I think will it fit.

New drill. Assemble the CE4, put it on the unit or brace it carefully so it'll stay upright. Unscrew the mouthpiece, look down the bore, you'll see an aluminum post with small hole in the center. Under no conditions get the PG near that hole, it leads straight out the bottom.

Snip the tip off the ampule (I assume it's in ampules, not small vials?) as close to the end as you can (you want a log stem). I use a razor blade. Now stuff the end of the tube part down into the cart past the aluminum bit. I gently squeeze the ampule a bit which empties about half easily. I then poke a hole in the ampule top for a vent and let it drain over a few hours. Or overnight. I think it's best with two half grams loaded, but it'll work with one.

No heat needed.....or wanted on the plastic body.

I put the first half gram I had (from a vial) using the 'plug the hole carefully with a round toothpick trick I use with Omicron carts, but that's not necessary with the ampules if you get the nose down far enough.

I don't believe CO2 oil is thin enough to wick uphill, although I've never tried. Omicron carts work too well there to interest me much I guess? I'd use them for PG too, except all I ever get is leaks eventually.

Good luck. I think you'll like them with PG, although I find running mine at 3.0 Volts on a VV head is better than on V2 or other unregulated, higher voltage units. V1 might be better there? IIRC it's regulated at 3.3 or so?

OF

Thanks OF,as always you are awesome with the advice! I have one more if you don't mind, how long do the cartomizers last?

pukkkapc,

OF

Thanks OF,as always you are awesome with the advice! I have one more if you don't mind, how long do the cartomizers last?

You're welcome.

If you mean the CE4 I haven't run mine out yet. I understand with PG they go about 3 grams before fouling too badly. You can get rebuild kits (new wicks, heater and top aluminum section of the post as an assembly, it threads on). My spares were about two bucks IIRC.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

LaLa22

Help! I recently received an O-Phos from Delta 9 which I love, but in the manual it says when charging a red light will appear and when it's done the red light will turn off. However, I have been charging mine for 8 hours (the manual indicates a full charge should take about 3.5 hours) and the light is still on, is my unit defunct?

Also, just this morning I noticed when I don't have the cart screwed in and the battery unit is on it's own the blue light starts to flash and go on and off on its own?

Secondly when filling my cartridge for the second time it seems some wax got in the airtube, can anything be done to remedy this or is it time to move on to a new cartridge??

I'm still relatively new to all things concentrate so any advice will help! Thanks!!

LaLa22,

DubCRider

Help! I recently received an O-Phos from Delta 9 which I love, but in the manual it says when charging a red light will appear and when it's done the red light will turn off. However, I have been charging mine for 8 hours (the manual indicates a full charge should take about 3.5 hours) and the light is still on, is my unit defunct?

Also, just this morning I noticed when I don't have the cart screwed in and the battery unit is on it's own the blue light starts to flash and go on and off on its own?

Secondly when filling my cartridge for the second time it seems some wax got in the airtube, can anything be done to remedy this or is it time to move on to a new cartridge??

I'm still relatively new to all things concentrate so any advice will help! Thanks!!

Sounds like your battery might have gone south on you. Go to www.delta9vapes.com and "submit a ticket" for service. You can get the oil out of the air tube by poking a paperclip in and wiping off the residue each time. There is a tone of info on www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/omicron .

DubCRider,

No-Wrinkle

I am looking for a quality concentrate vaporizer I can use when I am on the go. I bought the g-pen but that broke within a day and I am just accepting that as a loss. I would like to buy the Omicron V2.5 at a good price. Can I buy from E-bay with any sort of confidence? I don't want to waste anymore money.

PS

I apologize if this has been adressed already. I did not see it previously.

No-Wrinkle,

Vakas

I would suggest checking out thw classified section..there is one for sale woth extras.. avoid ebay as the warranty does not work if its not ourchaeed from an official retailer...
I am looking for a quality concentrate vaporizer I can use when I am on the go. I bought the g-pen but that broke within a day and I am just accepting that as a loss. I would like to buy the Omicron V2.5 at a good price. Can I buy from E-bay with any sort of confidence? I don't want to waste anymore money.

PS

I

t00fatt

PS

I was in a very similar position, bought a Gpen and regretted it. Although I did recently get myself a Persei, I was using omicron carts with my Gpen for a couple months. If your really pressed for cash, I'd recommend just picking up a couple 2.4ohm Omicron carts to use with your Gpen while you save up for an Omicron. I'd even recommend going for an Omicron upgrade, which is only $80 after sending in your Gpen to Delta9.

If you buy an Omicron off of ebay, or from any unauthorized dealer, you wont have any warranty from Delta9. You can buy a warranty "upgrade" to make yourself eligible for warranty work though, if you need it, but will cost you about $40.

Here's a link for some omicron carts, they work without an adapter on the Gpen, just be sure to get the 2.4ohm carts.
https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

No-Wrinkle

If you buy an Omicron off of ebay, or from any unauthorized dealer, you wont have any warranty from Delta9. You can buy a warranty "upgrade" to make yourself eligible for warranty work though if you need it, but will cost you about $40.

The vendors on e-bay are selling the omicron 2.5 for <90 dollars which seems mildly suspicious to me. Warranty isn't that important to me right now. I am really in need of a portable vaporizer for my concentrates that I can take on the go. Omicron also seems to be pretty stealthy.

If your really pressed for cash, I'd recommend just picking up a couple 2.4ohm omicron carts to use with your Gpen while you save up for an Omicron. I'd even recommend going for an Omicron upgrade, which is only $80 after sending in your Gpen to Delta9.

Thanks for the advice! I may decide to do just that.

Out of all the portable concentrate vapes in this price range omicron seems to shine, at least to me.

No-Wrinkle,

OF

I bought the g-pen but that broke within a day and I am just accepting that as a loss. I would like to buy the Omicron V2.5 at a good price.

Howdy, welcome to the fun. I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with G Pen, but you're not at all alone. You don't find many long term fans, but many of us have been using Omicron stuff for a long time now so I think you're headed in the right direction.

I agree with the above posters, I'd stay clear of e-bay unless you're prepared to deal with issues that have cropped up for some. Likewise the 'limp along on your old pen body' idea has merit, to the list I'd add a loading tool (comes with the D9 vapes that use the carts). Used gear from the other Forum Members is a 'win-win' quite often, I'd look into that.

Finally, if you still need more trouble deciding try the new D9 "Omicron Light". Well under a hundred bucks complete from Planet Vape (good outfit, BTW).

Soon I suspect you'll be here posting about your improved experiences, looking for a bit of advice perhaps. Over time that will slide into 'best results possible' and giving out advice if you let it? Lots of good stuff ahead, now that you're on the right track.

OF

No-Wrinkle

I'm glad I found this forum and can actually get some positive feedback and results. I won't get the full omicron if it isn't necessary for my type of use. When I am at home I can just pull out the nail and glass. The portable would be for when I am out and about. Would the omicron light be sufficient for passing around to two or three friends for a couple hours? I do like the stealth aspect of the omicron and omicron light. I can't exactly whip out my oil rig and torch when I am running around :lol:.

Unfortunately I am a bit strapped for cash at the moment. Concentrate is expensive for me.

No-Wrinkle,

OF

Would the omicron light be sufficient for passing around to two or three friends for a couple hours? I do like the stealth aspect of the omicron and omicron light.

IMO yes. Provided you give it a rest to cool down of course..... It has plenty of power for lots of sessions and does keep using it simple for sure.

Another strong point is you'll have your G Pen body to fall back on still, all you need is a loaded cart which you'll have on top of the Omicron Light if it runs flat (sooner or later we all forget to charge....).

For casual use like it sounds like you're looking this might be an ideal solution?

And I wouldn't discount getting weaned away from that nail, there are some exciting and practical alternatives starting to show up in the market. We have reports of early retirements for 'oil rigs'.

Good luck, watch the cart loading, it's the key.

OF

Top Bottom