Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

tested it with a old empty cart i had and it still did the 3 blinks 2 times in a row before it stayed going. Should i take it back to the club again and ask for a new one? :( lol or will a v2.5 top fix it you think?

OK, here's my random take on what might be up. 3 blinks is also the signal for low battery, right? So I'm thinking that what's up is a bad connection in the tube (not the head) such that when we demand current (to run the cart as opposed to just the head and LED) that dicey contact (resistance) causes a dip in battery voltage that's tripping the 'discharged battery' circuit. I've seen this once before with a 'battery' that would work fine for high Ohm carts, but put a low resistance one on and it balked just this way.

How to test that without known good spares to trade in I don't know. Perhaps remove the end cap and jam a wad of aluminum foil in the tube to short the battery minus to the exposed threads????

Otherwise I think all parts will have to go back. Tough nut seems to me. Perhaps the club will let you borrow the tube and end cap from another unit? Once we know what's died, G can send just that part out.

OF

OF,

Keak420

OK, here's my random take on what might be up. 3 blinks is also the signal for low battery, right? So I'm thinking that what's up is a bad connection in the tube (not the head) such that when we demand current (to run the cart as opposed to just the head and LED) that dicey contact (resistance) causes a dip in battery voltage that's tripping the 'discharged battery' circuit. I've seen this once before with a 'battery' that would work fine for high Ohm carts, but put a low resistance one on and it balked just this way.

How to test that without known good spares to trade in I don't know. Perhaps remove the end cap and jam a wad of aluminum foil in the tube to short the battery minus to the exposed threads????

Otherwise I think all parts will have to go back. Tough nut seems to me. Perhaps the club will let you borrow the tube and end cap from another unit? Once we know what's died, G can send just that part out.

OF

Aww, Was hoping it wasn't another bad pen :(. Its a 45 min drive to where i got it and i already had to take it back there once lol. Since my V1s have been working for over 9 mths no probs at all. I contacted dealta9vaps already.

Keak420,

OF

Aww, Was hoping it wasn't another bad pen :(. Its a 45 min drive to where i got it and i already had to take it back there once lol. Since my V1s have been working for over 9 mths no probs at all. I contacted dealta9vaps already.

Hard to say for sure what's wrong. If it were mine, I'd send it off to THC. Their turn around ia fast and service excellent IMO. IMO it's worth sorting out, V2 can work very well and I stopped using my V1s once mine got going.....bet you do too.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
The blinking lights, no output with charged battery, was the same problem I had with my new Omicron v2. It just needed a new top.

I second OF's recommendation. I'd contact D9 directly before driving back keak420. The new unregulated 2.5 tops are better anyway... Plus, sounds like you have a backup ;)

GReYAReA,
Reactions: OF

Keak420

The blinking lights, no output with charged battery, was the same problem I had with my new Omicron v2. It just needed a new top.

I second OF's recommendation. I'd contact D9 directly before driving back keak420. The new unregulated 2.5 tops are better anyway... Plus, sounds like you have a backup ;)

Ya, I got both my v1 bad boys that i love. Not stressing on it more of wife saying i told you so type thing lmao. Side note any one playing diablo 3 :p

Keak420,

MONT

I've read through this particular blog in full and have finally started to chime in here and there. I've slowly been assembling my VAPE kit and am pleased to say that I think I have finally found my OMI's true potential. **SORRY IF MY THOUGHTS JUMP AROUND AND NOT IN ORDER*

I've had an OK experience with my "VAPE PEN" (I know.. we all have different names for em' but lets be honest this is probably the name you first heard) thus far. This is my first vape type device so I had no expectations to exceed as far as performance. I started with the matte black v2 and the new 2.4 cart it cam with. My 1st load was some Cherry Pie wax; darker in color; but still wax none the less. The vapor I was able to produce was very minimal if any. I was not upset though because still I was able to get something. :)

I was still very excited about having this thing because I knew I could get more out of it. I saw YouTube video's and knew I needed to do my homework to figure out how to play this "Magic Flute". After hitting Google for some more info I found this blog. (Holy Grail IMO) Here I found every possible scenario was pretty much touched in discussion including some people personal techniques and experiences. Not to mention G (The CREATOR) is here shooting the shit keeping everyone (lucky enough to be here) updated. +++++

I had finally got enough studying in to figure out what I needed to do to get better results. I had bought a few 1.5 carts and grabbed some of THE PURE Honeycomb from Elemental Wellness (found through Dub C). I was using a small torch I had from an essential vape unit I had bought from a HIGH TIMES show the year before. (another story) Using the torch I knew not to heat it too much and to not go below the half way mark of the cart to prevent damaging any seals. OK, so I took my time and after got better results with vaping but still not like I had saw and definitely not as consistent. I decided to try some oil but didn't want to get anything dark you know.. so I put it off for a min and then decided to try CANNA NECTAR even though it's not highly recommended.

The first thing I noticed with the CANNA NECTAR is that was solid. Though it was an oil and pretty thin.. when in a room temp environment it solidifies. I got the NECTAR from HSO, BLUE DREAM was the strain.. my wife's favorite. It was sub par in regards to effect but the vapor was thick and consistent when applying good technique.I started to wonder what was up with my other 1.5 with the PURE in it?? Maybe it had a air bubble in there somewhere? Not sure but the BLUE DREAM 1.5 was going too good for me so the experimenting continued.

I bought the v2.5 top upgrade and saw a little bit of a difference with the PURE 1.5 cart but nothing major. The BLUE C. NECTAR 1.5 had already been OK. I randomly came across an old tan colored heat gun. It plugs into the wall with a 3-prong and only has hi & lo setting on the power button. I had read here that it was great alternative to the torch for filling carts. I put it up when i got it though because I had a few carts going already. Planned to use it for next filling. **UNKNOWN SECRET WEAPON IMO**

I've been collecting random waxes and super melts lately so I have flavors for my new toy. ;) One of them is a super melt; LARRY OG; from HSO. I had been wanting to get this in a cart for a few days now. It had the same thin but solid look to me as the CANNA NECTAR and was definitely melting to the touch. (a little bit) This morning I had some extra time and decided to get to it using the heat gun. The old heat gun was perfect! There was no vapor coming from the super melt as it slid down the cart but it was hot. I remember seeing OF's photos of the open cart and decided " hey lets saturate the wick". So with the heat gun blowing on the screw end my fingers holding the top end (mouthpiece end), I spun the cart back and forth slowly. I dry hit it after to see that I didn't clog it and was happy to taste LARRY OG goodness. CLEAN.. Something was different I could tell. I took off for work and attempted to prime my cart and noticed vapor immediately.. OK, cool no priming. Took a good rip and had to stop because of the vapor..what!!?? I almost laughed out load with excitement. WTF I hit it a few more times with no problems.. CLEAN & CLEAR hits. :tup:

This thing is the SSHHHIIIZZZZNNNNIIITTTTT!!! :haw: I think the heat gun really allowed the super-melt/wax/oil to really saturate/absorb into the wick. (as I mentioned I tasted it as I had smelled it) I will definitely be using the heat gun from now on when filling and would suggest everyone who can, give it a try as well. You wont be disappointed. PATIENCE & GOOD VAPING TECHNIQUE IS KEY!!

GR

I got my 14500 batteries today but they replaced the AW IMRs for AW IC protected. I am certainly not getting better vape production then I do from the stock 14650 IMO.

These where not ordered from Light Hound since they where already out of stock by the time I got around ordering, I guess I will wait until they have them in stock again.

GR,

OF

Also what the 1.5 carts weight. Just got one and filled it before poppin it on the scale lol.

Now way to tell after the fact. My lightest dry cart ever was two nights ago, a 1.5 Ohm at 7.491 grams. I also had one a while back just over 8.

IMO it's not so important, really. Much more important to keep tabs on it and reload when it starts to run dry and slow down (generally about .2 grams left) so as not to overheat things.

I guess you don't know how much you put in?

OF

OF,

OF

Ok sounds right figured i added .6 and cart is at 7.9.

I seriously doubt that. That would make your empty .2 grams lighter than the lightest one I've weighed (or heard of). Anyone else ever seen one that light? I'd say 90% of them are between 7.85 and 8.05.

Could always be, of course, if you're sure you loaded .6 I'd go from there.

FWIW when I weigh them (don't always any more) I weigh the dry cart and write it on a post it. I then put the vial or jar (no top) with the goods on the scale and 'tare' it out (reset to zero). I then transfer what I want (usually a half a gram at a time) to the loading funnel, checking the weight removed by putting it back on the scale (shows negative, but is accurate). Then the melt down and final weight. Some small differences happen (usually due to goods left behind in the funnel), but this gives an automatic 'reality check' on the results. If I took out say a bit over .50 grams but only 'measure .40 showing up, I know right away something's not right. The extra step is to weight the jar and use the tare function, but that's super easy to do (no math) and the scale's already out and 'warmed up'.

Anyway, you've got a cart loaded you should be working on, shouldn't you?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: MONT

lockie

Hello, I currently have the Omicron v2 3.7v Matte Black. It says on the delta9vape website that the Hammer "Works only with 7.4v and with the Persei bottom tube and a click on click off style button. "
It seems that I need to upgrade to 7.4v to be able to use The Hammer so I was wondering when the 7.4V upgrade would be available again and would it work with the Omicron v2 7.4v or just Persei? I'm also considering to buy the 2.5 top upgrade if the HVD upgrade isn't going to available soon and was wondering if that would be a good idea.

I was also wondering, how is The Hammer 1200F different than the The Hammer with Persei Chrome/Black Top

lockie,

kevin

Hi G
Is there an ETA on the pass through for the Persei?
Going on Vac. in mid Aug. any chance of getting one by then?
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I've read through this particular blog in full and have finally started to chime in here and there. I've slowly been assembling my VAPE kit and am pleased to say that I think I have finally found my OMI's true potential. **SORRY IF MY THOUGHTS JUMP AROUND AND NOT IN ORDER*

I've had an OK experience with my "VAPE PEN" (I know.. we all have different names for em' but lets be honest this is probably the name you first heard) thus far. This is my first vape type device so I had no expectations to exceed as far as performance. I started with the matte black v2 and the new 2.4 cart it cam with. My 1st load was some Cherry Pie wax; darker in color; but still wax none the less. The vapor I was able to produce was very minimal if any. I was not upset though because still I was able to get something. :)

I was still very excited about having this thing because I knew I could get more out of it. I saw YouTube video's and knew I needed to do my homework to figure out how to play this "Magic Flute". After hitting Google for some more info I found this blog. (Holy Grail IMO) Here I found every possible scenario was pretty much touched in discussion including some people personal techniques and experiences. Not to mention G (The CREATOR) is here shooting the shit keeping everyone (lucky enough to be here) updated. +++++

I had finally got enough studying in to figure out what I needed to do to get better results. I had bought a few 1.5 carts and grabbed some of THE PURE Honeycomb from Elemental Wellness (found through Dub C). I was using a small torch I had from an essential vape unit I had bought from a HIGH TIMES show the year before. (another story) Using the torch I knew not to heat it too much and to not go below the half way mark of the cart to prevent damaging any seals. OK, so I took my time and after got better results with vaping but still not like I had saw and definitely not as consistent. I decided to try some oil but didn't want to get anything dark you know.. so I put it off for a min and then decided to try CANNA NECTAR even though it's not highly recommended.

The first thing I noticed with the CANNA NECTAR is that was solid. Though it was an oil and pretty thin.. when in a room temp environment it solidifies. I got the NECTAR from HSO, BLUE DREAM was the strain.. my wife's favorite. It was sub par in regards to effect but the vapor was thick and consistent when applying good technique.I started to wonder what was up with my other 1.5 with the PURE in it?? Maybe it had a air bubble in there somewhere? Not sure but the BLUE DREAM 1.5 was going too good for me so the experimenting continued.

I bought the v2.5 top upgrade and saw a little bit of a difference with the PURE 1.5 cart but nothing major. The BLUE C. NECTAR 1.5 had already been OK. I randomly came across an old tan colored heat gun. It plugs into the wall with a 3-prong and only has hi & lo setting on the power button. I had read here that it was great alternative to the torch for filling carts. I put it up when i got it though because I had a few carts going already. Planned to use it for next filling. **UNKNOWN SECRET WEAPON IMO**

I've been collecting random waxes and super melts lately so I have flavors for my new toy. ;) One of them is a super melt; LARRY OG; from HSO. I had been wanting to get this in a cart for a few days now. It had the same thin but solid look to me as the CANNA NECTAR and was definitely melting to the touch. (a little bit) This morning I had some extra time and decided to get to it using the heat gun. The old heat gun was perfect! There was no vapor coming from the super melt as it slid down the cart but it was hot. I remember seeing OF's photos of the open cart and decided " hey lets saturate the wick". So with the heat gun blowing on the screw end my fingers holding the top end (mouthpiece end), I spun the cart back and forth slowly. I dry hit it after to see that I didn't clog it and was happy to taste LARRY OG goodness. CLEAN.. Something was different I could tell. I took off for work and attempted to prime my cart and noticed vapor immediately.. OK, cool no priming. Took a good rip and had to stop because of the vapor..what!!?? I almost laughed out load with excitement. WTF I hit it a few more times with no problems.. CLEAN & CLEAR hits. :tup:

This thing is the SSHHHIIIZZZZNNNNIIITTTTT!!! :haw: I think the heat gun really allowed the super-melt/wax/oil to really saturate/absorb into the wick. (as I mentioned I tasted it as I had smelled it) I will definitely be using the heat gun from now on when filling and would suggest everyone who can, give it a try as well. You wont be disappointed. PATIENCE & GOOD VAPING TECHNIQUE IS KEY!!

Welcome!!!!!

Glad you got it figured out. It sounds like you had an issue as you said where there was an air bubble or basically the wax was stuck on the sides and not sliding down. Some concentrates are a little more difficult than others.... I have a small propane heat gun that I used to use for filling carts and it did work well. Now I use a torch with confidence that I am not going to overheat it (practice makes perfect).

Hang around a bit

sidewing

k well im using iso extract in my o-phos.. 2.4v carts.. and i get about a solid 100 hits out of it, and it starts getting clogs.. this is the second cart this has happened to.. i filter my iso thru 4 coffee filters so there is no crap it melts smoothly. what do i do to get it to stop clogging and function like when i first fill the cartridge. the cartridge weighs about 8.3 so i have only vaped about .2 to .3 off of the gram i loaded into it. i put a paperclip on the bottom side gently till it hit resistance then stopped.. and i put it all the way in the top size in the little hole until it bottomed out, and there was oil on like the bottom 1/8th of inch in the little center tube, is that right or is there not supposed to be any oil in the center part?

sidewing,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Just jumping in, but it could be the extract. Iso pulls a lot of plant material in, which is why they are often pretty dark.

It is not the size of the material, so the 4 filters doesn't necessarily matter. What counts is does the oil leave behind residue. This will build up and foul the heater. You said it melts soothly, have you tried heating on foil to see if there is anything left behind?

sidewing

i will try right now.. the oil im using was made from good pulls of bubble hash.. then i ran that thru an iso extract, so there should have been very little plant material to begin with.. and when i make it out of small buds/trim, i only do like a 15 second shake then strain it immediately. soon as the wife n kids leave here shortly ill do the foil test and let you know the results. i can still get rips, it unclogs by priming/taking some puffs, but it was better when it was just unclogged to begin with.

sidewing,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
i will try right now.. the oil im using was made from good pulls of bubble hash.. then i ran that thru an iso extract, so there should have been very little plant material to begin with.. and when i make it out of small buds/trim, i only do like a 15 second shake then strain it immediately. soon as the wife n kids leave here shortly ill do the foil test and let you know the results. i can still get rips, it unclogs by priming/taking some puffs, but it was better when it was just unclogged to begin with.

getting a 100 pulls before starting with a pop clog sounds fairly normal to me. It depends on the concentrate for sure but depending on use and concentrate I wouldn't consider that not normal. when you hear folks talk about priming or pop clogs thats what we are talking about. Next gen cartridges will improve this behavior.

sidewing

havent had a chance to check the foil test yet, but my cart that i was referring to seems to have just resolved itself, and i dont recall doing anything other than priming, puffing until it unclogged to get a rip.. then it was like 30 mins later i went to take another one and it was flowing like brand new, in fact i took a super fat cloud because i was used to dragging a little harder to get past the clog.. not sure what did it..

sidewing,

SD_haze

Has anyone used a VXC Cloud Hydratube with the omicron? The newer stiff mouthpieces dont make a airtight seal, but the old silicone one does perfectly (at least with the evolver hydratree)

I was going to try to avoid getting hash oil vapor in this nice tube, but this just works too damn well!

EDIT:
Video uploaded :-]

i just looked but couldnt find where it was posted when the new "regular" carts that G tested with all the PG that were not leaking wer coming out... may i get an update as to release??

also, did i understand correctly that i could only do oils in the hercules cart if it was on 7.4??
would it maybe do a thin oil like PG @ 3.7? or would the slight increase from the v 2.5 give me enough juice to run the hercules with PG?
could the univrse cart run PG @ 3.7?
and, could i get a description as to how they are different so i understand better?
sorry to make folks repeat stuff, and thank you!

rusty shacklford,

jpdnkstr

Ok, just got a pkg from d9 and went to load up my free 1.5Ohm cart..... weighed it up 7.36(lighter than any 1.5 I have ever used, been through 4 of them so far) I don't pre-ox, so I didn't put it on my Omi yet.... Filled and ready, lost .03g in transfer, went to fire it up and 3 flashes... changed to fresh 14500 same thing. After different batteries(14500AW IMR,14650AW IMR) and head combos(HVD,2.0,2.5), no go. So I reclaimed the cart into another 1.5(7.54g empty)cart. Only losing a total of .09g in both fill and transfer. After this I thought to put the "dead" cart on my Persei(18650 AW IMR) and it works. I was hoping Of, or someone who has experienced this before may be able to help, as I do not own a multi meter....yet.

TIA

jpdnkstr,

OF

I was hoping Of, or someone who has experienced this before may be able to help, as I do not own a multi meter....yet.

Sorry, I've never seen that happen on mine. I've seen a similar failure on a Joye supply (would drive 4 Ohms fine, but 'flashed out' on 2.4s and 1.5s), it turned out to be of all things a fault in the tube/spring connection I decided. Too much resistance being added (as a guess a bit under an Ohm?) so that the extra current draw with the lower resistance carts forced it into 'low battery shutdown' even with a fresh battery.

Are you using a common V2 body or endcap?

Otherwise, I can't really see it all that clearly from here.....maybe if you held it up to the monitor?

Interesting you too found such a radically low weight. I decided most of the difference in the one I have is the tube thickness, what do you think?

BTW, good data on the weights, shows you were lucky the fill didn't work 'right' as the wicks didn't soak up and hold any?

Good luck, please let us know what is going on? TIA

OF

OF,
Top Bottom